Bertholdt 0.016447368421053 1.6% [ 10 ]
Reiner 0.019736842105263 2.0% [ 12 ]
Other 0.13815789473684 13.8% [ 84 ]
Total Votes:[ 608 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 38 39 40 > >>

Tenauri's Significant Otter

Loyal Codger

Faelynne Amastacia

Awww, I doubt it’s “too scary” but now I’m curious and wanna know, haha. Though I’d love to hear what you have in mind for an AU AoT-themed RP. I love to hear about these things and I’d gladly chat about the series (in general) with you, as would others I am sure. :D

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Sonpi-Chan
Winniwyn

Sorry for butting in but thank you for coming to discuss this! I appreciate it as I am quite curious myself.
    Do you know of a place in particular I could go read about this so I can keep up?
    If you don’t, that’s fine, no worries. Just thought I’d ask as I do not know where to begin looking exactly.

Though, personally, from how the series has been in general, I don’t think the ending will be sunshine and rainbows no matter what path(s) the author decides to take. Whether that entails killing off a bunch of people or just a few. I get the feeling it will be more of a bittersweet kind of ending but that’s just what I gather from reading and watching the series. Who knows? He may surprise us with a happy ending or even a bad one, but I’m kind of hoping for a bittersweet one. That, I feel, would fit the series overall.

Oops, sorry I just kinda disappeared after posting that. As for the news its basically all over the internet...though if you want to look at like an official source, then there's an article about it on Anime news network....

I'm a big fan of bittersweet endings myself so that's kind of what I'm hoping for as well. And even if he does leave some of the characters alive at the end, I'm still not holding out much hope that any of my favorites would be among them.

Anyways, from what I'd read he was originally thinking of going for an ending similar to that of the film adaption of Stephen King's "The Mist", which....no. That ending was terrible. Even most hardcore horror fanatics agree that it was too much.

Hilarious Seeker

Sonpi-Chan
BlackRaven_29
Yes, maybe there is a second one, regarding how popular AoT is xd And, yes the manga is longer than I thought. I think there are four volumes now, and it's being updated quite fast, if we can't wait for the second season to it.

The manga, I believe, is up to eleven volumes in stores now.
    If not, well it'll be out soon-ish? Because I have up to volume ten. But I guess it depends on where you live?

Wow, really? I thought its around four volumes. Guess I have missed out a lot of the story from there sweatdrop maybe I can start reading it online like in mangafox or something like that.
I agree with the poll.
Levi is a bad a**, lol.

Loyal Codger

Winniwyn
Oops, sorry I just kinda disappeared after posting that. As for the news its basically all over the internet...though if you want to look at like an official source, then there's an article about it on Anime news network....

I'm a big fan of bittersweet endings myself so that's kind of what I'm hoping for as well. And even if he does leave some of the characters alive at the end, I'm still not holding out much hope that any of my favorites would be among them.

Anyways, from what I'd read he was originally thinking of going for an ending similar to that of the film adaption of Stephen King's "The Mist", which....no. That ending was terrible. Even most hardcore horror fanatics agree that it was too much.

Oh, okay. I’ll keep that in mind when I feel the desire to look it up. Thanks!

Mm. I’m not a huge fan of bittersweet endings personally. I’d much rather have a happy ending but I know that isn’t how all stories and things turn out. Nightmare Inspector is one of my favorite manga and the ending was quite bittersweet and I feel it sparked a liking for bittersweet endings, I guess because things could have been so much worse (I still cried though, orz). But with Attack on Titan that’s just the feeling I get. There’s so much death and sorrow and pain in the series, I don’t see how it could be a “happy ending” in the end no matter what. Unless it turns out to be some horrible nightmare or something along those lines (if that makes sense?).

But like I’ve learned with The Walking Dead—people are going to die. And it usually seems as though the people that are well liked are the ones more apt to die, so I try not to get attached to characters or anything because if I do, they die and them I’m sad, haha. Though I always find myself liking characters regardless of this knowledge.

Like Stephen King’s The Mist—really? Heavens, I hope that has changed and stays as such. That ending was just…no. [/shakes head]

Loyal Codger

BlackRaven_29
Wow, really? I thought its around four volumes. Guess I have missed out a lot of the story from there sweatdrop maybe I can start reading it online like in mangafox or something like that.

Mmhm. They are up to volume ten at the least.
    Chapter 54 was just recently released online the other day, I believe.

Loyal Codger

Rebeldoomer
I agree with the poll.
Levi is a bad a**, lol.

Oh wow. Votes for Levi definitely jumped up! – I haven’t been paying that close of attention. Mikasa’s been in the lead since I made the thread, haha.
    But yes, I must agree Levi is quite interesting and badass in his own way. :)

Is Levi your favorite character? Have you checked out the spin-off series that’s about him—A Choice with no Regrets?

Timid Gaian

6,300 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Hanji is my favorite character because of how excited she gets over Titans!

Thirteenth Celebrator

400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
shades of gold
Mahzuki

Personally, I kinda blame Eren. He should've tranformed and defended his comrades not because he didn't believe in them but because they were his friends. "Believe in us"
Eren: "I do that why I'm going to kill that Titan!"
*Sigh* Of course not...

you also have to realize that if he transformed without authorization, they would have had to kill him? i mean, levi did say that he could do what he thought was best, but. the objective was for eren not to transform. he had to trust the spec ops squad to protect him, both from others and from himself. and they did, tot he best of their ability.

but you also have to realize that eren is fifteen, and petra was the one begging him not to transform. she'd been one of the few people who were truly kind to him since he'd been found out as a titan shifter. i don't think he'd want to disappoint her.

and, even as a titan, annie still beat the s**t out of him, so.

He would've been fine, because it would've been him titan form, plus the entire levi squad
Have you guys read the latest chapter? I won't say much, but if you've been keeping up with the manga, you probably understand how upset I am about Armin right now.

Loyal Codger

nylasaur
Have you guys read the latest chapter? I won't say much, but if you've been keeping up with the manga, you probably understand how upset I am about Armin right now.

Oh gosh, I have read the latest chapter! I would so be up for discussing it if you want to. :)
    Not really spoiler-ish…much, except at the end. But I’m putting it in spoiler tags so I don’t accidentally say too much. Not that anyone may understand what I’m talking about if they haven’t kept up.

But...Of course I’m curious as to why you’re upset with Armin. Was it because of what he had to do to begin with—the whole posing as Historia thing? Or because of how he acted during the capture? Or the man’s reaction after discovering Armin’s identity?

What do you think of Irvin’s new plans to go after the King? I was a little surprised to see what this “King” looks like at the end of the chapter. Not quite what I was imagining, haha. I was expecting someone a little more well kempt.
I've only ever seen the anime, and while I like it I swear I cry every other episode. I think thats why the fandom can be so random, its to make up for the heartbreak.
Sonpi-Chan
nylasaur

Oh gosh, I have read the latest chapter! I would so be up for discussing it if you want to. :)
    Not really spoiler-ish…much, except at the end. But I’m putting it in spoiler tags so I don’t accidentally say too much. Not that anyone may understand what I’m talking about if they haven’t kept up.

But...Of course I’m curious as to why you’re upset with Armin. Was it because of what he had to do to begin with—the whole posing as Historia thing? Or because of how he acted during the capture? Or the man’s reaction after discovering Armin’s identity?

What do you think of Irvin’s new plans to go after the King? I was a little surprised to see what this “King” looks like at the end of the chapter. Not quite what I was imagining, haha. I was expecting someone a little more well kempt.

Manga spoilers under cut

I'm not upset with Armin - I'm upset about Armin! He's just gotten assaulted, and I'm very, very worried about him. No one is allowed to touch Armin.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Sonpi-Chan
nylasaur

Am I the only one who thought that black haired lady looked more like Eren than Historia?

Also, I am all for this new plot line. Viva la revolution I say!

Obsessive Shoujo

18,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Cool Cat 500
Well first of all I had never even heard of it until my sister started watching it with someone around episode 4 or 5 and I was to busy watching other series at the time so I didn't look much into it.. so I was late watching it at the beginning of January. I admit I was a bit skeptical but I did end up watching it and in 1 sitting I might add I think I got up maybe twice for food and a bathroom break but man it was so addictive that I just had to see what happened next. Now mind you I've only watched 3 or 4 series in one sitting prior to watching this and I've seen 164 completed series (and growing) and so in my book it was just THAT good.

Although I do have 2 things I didn't like about this series 1. being that after the few first episodes you see a lot less of the cool looking titans, but I suppose that could've been so when they did show up you knew s**t got even more serious yes I said even more.

2. I dislike how the ending left me with more questions than I had actually answered! but I suppose that means we're waiting on a second season but hey there's always the manga. I do plan on purchasing the manga in time ( I hate reading manga online so I buy manga I really want to read)

but other than that I can't say there's anything I didn't like about the show it's self besides the obvious unanswered questions.. although I will admit when the female titan appeared I had a general idea who it was honestly, I'm not sure if I'm one of the few who did but it wasn't a huge surprise to me.. if anything I felt it was a little to obvious but not in a bad way I tend to have good guessing idea of what'll happen in Anime.

The art was fantastic, I loved the art style as well as the amazing colors used in the series so visually it's quite appealing. The music as also good and quite well done for the scenes and the opening is amazing and catchy too!

I'd have to say my favorite character was Jean actually, he was kind of stupid at first and a little annoying and I actually didn't care for him much at first. I thought he was that intentional annoying jerk character, but he developed quite a bit over the series. I understood why he was afraid, acting like a coward and I didn't blame him and even though he was scared he pushed him self which I respected so much he felt the most real right next to some of the side characters and Armin.

So overall I'd say attack on titan a 10/10 and it is one of the few not over rated series that got hyped up for all you hipster anime watchers out there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff