Armin did the thing! [/bounces]

Aged Sex Symbol

Just finished reading chapter 59
Armin you precious babbu

4,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
Hey you guys! I love Attack on Titan & was very happy to see it come out on adult swim. After the first episode I was attached & watched the entire season in a few days. I have the manga but only a few books 1-3 and I'm really itching for the second season to come out. I love every character and the emotional connection I feel when watching it.

Anxious Misfit

He must also be an actual idiot..... rofl
I just wish the movies had new story content instead of just a rehash of the series.

Tenauri's Significant Otter

Loyal Codger

[ -Axel- ]
    Who might that be?
    I can think of a few.

Anxious Misfit

Sonpi-Chan
    Who might that be?
    I can think of a few.

..pretty sure it's Eren in this case but yeah..there are a few.

Timid Gekko

You know, I was just reading Attack on Titan and I realized why I love the series so much.

It's so realistic to our reality. (Minus the constant Titan threat, although you could call any corrupt government a Titan.)

Death is imminent. People will betray you in a second for personal gain. Hope is so weak and there is so little of it you just want to cry. They literally WING IT in almost every battle, monsters or humanity. If that's not OUR lives, I don't know what is.

Dapper Dabbler

Sonpi-Chan

So. I finally took the time to finish the spin-off, A Choice with no Regrets.
        Anyone else read that yet or anythin'?

I bought the first volume of No Regrets a week or so ago, I think it's awesome. Though I couldn't help but notice that according that story, Levi joined the Survey Corps (844) 1 year before the fall of Wall Maria (845) and which means by the time we see him again that's what...3 years later...so he's only been in the military for 4 years.

Which...is impressive for anybody in this story XD. But still, first impressions were that he's been doing this for much longer...or that was the impression I got.

But anyway, I got a little side tracked there...I REALLY like the art style in No Regrets. It's like...a cleaner, more accurate version of the original art....

I mean...I literally cringed and groaned at this page...Levi! Your arms! DX -gross sobbing-

The art in No Regrets remains true to the original, but just...looks...well...better 8T.

Loyal Codger

[ -Axel- ]
    At this point I think there's more than a few, haha, orz.
    But Eren will probably always be among them. [/bricked]
    I miss Eren in the manga. For serious.

Loyal Codger

TheBlackSunMagi
    Oh gosh, I forgot it's already being sold. I need to, possibly, go buy it myself.
    I'm terrible. I read it all online.

But yeah. Levi hasn't been in the Survey Corps very long. But I know he's been using 3D gear much longer than that. I think.
    It'd definitely explain his skill with the gear and all. (Pardon me, I'm a little rusty. I haven't read the beginning of ACWNR in a while).

The art style is nice. It's clean and finished looking.
    But I still quite enjoy the art of Shingeki no Kyojin because...haha, it's always changing.
    Art in the series hasn't been consistent and usually that bugs me. But somehow I don't really mind it in this one. I don't know why but I find it interesting and wonderful.
    It's changing and progressing in different areas. It's gotten to be a little more sketch-like recently though.

Battle scars are sexy. I mean. Poor Levi, at least Sasha is there to patch you up.

I don't think the exact same artists for SNK drew the art in ACWNR?
    Definitely see some stylistic choice differences in them. But maybe that's just me, haha.

Dapper Dabbler

Sonpi-Chan

XD I didn't even know it was available in the US until I sat down and watched the DVD.

Oh yeah, I just thought it was an interesting bit of trivia <3. and no worries XD.

Yeah the style is very unique, but what got me with that one page isn't that he's hurt but that his arms are...well...they look too long for his body XD. It's one thing to be sketchy and somewhat unfinished looking but the anatomy on certain pages just kill me inside. Not that I'm one to talk, I suck at anatomy :U....but it just bugs me when something that takes a whole month to produce looks...well...like that XD.

It's a style, I know, and I'm not saying it's "bad" or anything, but there are other manga artists who produce chapters like...once a week that look better. XD But that's a whole soap box I'd rather not get too into. All that stuff doesn't take away from the enjoyment of the series though.

But yeah, they're different artists. ^-^)/

Loyal Codger

TheBlackSunMagi
    A fella at the bookstore told me it'd be coming out sometime during the summer. He's the only person I have to talk to about Attack on Titan, orz.

Oh, I'm not trying to say you thought the art was bad or anything. My apologies if it came across as such. Just me rambling, haha.
    I suck at anatomy too. [/sobs]
    But...yeah. Sometimes I wish the art was a little cleaner myself. But I think it's just the preferred style of the particular artist(s). [/shrug] Still, the series is quite enjoyable, I agree.

I thought so~ I just couldn't quite remember if they were different or not.

Dapper Dabbler

Sonpi-Chan

OTL Life story right there....

Oh no, you didn't...was just covering all the bases just in case XD.

But anyway~! I'm looking forward to the final drawn chapter of No Regrets *A*...I read the visual novel already so I know how it ends....unless....that last chapter is out already emotion_0A0 I dunno....-goes to check-

Dapper Dabbler

emotion_0A0 LOOK WHAT I FOUND!

http://whiteflowertranslations.tumblr.com/read/snk-acwnr-extra-sirius#1

:U unless this is old news....but it's new news to me so.... emotion_kirakira

EDIT

8D it is out! -brb reading- lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers