Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:12 am
Who said ribbons were easy to get?

The tiny Bulbasaur ran through the night forest, a dark, tattered cloth clutched in a vine as it tore through the brush. It chanced a look over its shoulder, only to find a growing mass of darkness following it. “Sh*t, sh*t, SH*T!” the Bulbasaur was now running at full tilt.

“Give it BACK! That’s MINE!” a menacing voice called from the dark cloud as a single, glowing-red eye emerged from the blackness. A pair of ghostly white hands formed, grasping at the Bulbasaur’s back feet. The formless mass of darkness roared, as it grasped nothing but the dirt and grass that was kicked up by the little seed Pokemon. The hands disappeared back into the cold black void as the eye glowed a deeper red. “THEIF!” the voice fumed again.

“I didn’t STEAL it, I FOUND it!” the Bulbasaur yelled back as it ducked under a low branch. It looked around, trying to find a means of escape as it ran but could see nothing but what was right in front of it. Good thing it had quick reflexes or it wouldn’t be able to jump over and duck under and dodge this or zip around that… The formless ghost, however, just passed through the branch and any other obstacle. “How did I get myself stuck in THIS situation?” the Bulbasaur thought to itself.

“GIVE ME MY REAPER CLOTH!” the form bellowed again, a dark sphere forming in front of the eye. The black mass slowed to a stop. The Bulbasaur could hear the black beast had stopped following it and against better judgment, stopped to see why.

When the little reptile turned to look, it was met by a Shadow Ball to the face. It fell over backwards, rolling head over heels again and again until it was knocked against the trunk of a tree. Stunned, the Bulbasaur loosened it grip on the Cloth, letting it fall to the forest ground.

The black form took shape as it neared its downed prey, a massive Pokemon known as a Dusclops. Its hideous laughter echoed in the otherwise still night air. Each step it took looked to be weighted with thousands of years, yet never made a single noise. “This is MINE!” the Dusclops hissed, snatching up the cloth and holding it to its form like a small child. “You STOLE this from me!” The Dusclops reached out with its free hand, picking the Bulbasaur up by one of its hind legs.

The Bulbasaur was still in a bit of a daze as it was lifted off the warm ground and into the cold air. “I… didn’… steal it!” The smaller Pokemon stuttered as it shook off its injury. “It was lying on the ground, I was just gonna use it as a ribbon!”

This last bit caught the Dusclops off guard. It stared a hole through the creature it was holding, trying to figure out if it was lying or not. “A ribbon?” it stifled a laugh, “Ribbons are for girls and pretty Pokemon!” The Bulbasaur glared at its captor and the Dusclops couldn’t hold in its laughter anymore. It dropped the little Pokemon and held its stomach, a rolling chortle escaping its form.

The Blubasaur fell with a soft “thud,” landing on its side. It was fuming as it scrambled to its feet. “I AM A GIRL!” it roared and stamped a foot at the laughing Dusclops. The Dusclops merely ignored the little Plant/Poison type. “And I AM pretty!” it huffed under its breath.

A vine snaked from under the Bulbasaur’s bulb. It glowed with a dark energy as it struck out at the Dusclops. The vine snapped against the Dusclops’ usually insubstantial form, causing it to drop the cloth and yelp out in pain. The same vine snatched up the cloth and zipped back to the Bulbasaur. “NYAH!” she stuck out her tongue and tore off through the brush again.

An angry roar shook the forest but the Bulbasaur had already gotten a decent head start. She bolted around a huge tree using a free vine to swing around it and into a hole at the base. When she was hanging upside down she had gotten a chance to actually scan her surroundings. This was HER part of the forest and she knew all the good hiding spots!

Not less than a moment after she had swung into the hole, she could see the darkness closing around the opening. She squeezed herself as far back as she could fit her plump little body and kept deathly still. She hoped that the Dusclops didn’t have some sort of sensing ability when it came to the Cloth.

It felt like ages before the pitch-blackness of the Dusclops began to fade, giving way to the quiet of the night forest. The Bulbasaur breathed a heavy sigh of relief and collapsed out of sheer exhaustion. It had been running all night after finding the Reaper Cloth on what she thought was an abandoned stump. She was wanting to use it as a cute little ribbon to tie around her neck. She was in the process of doing so when the Dusclops had appeared out of nowhere and immediately started chasing after her and calling her a thief. She had been scared into fleeing. The Bulbasaur replayed the entire day in her mind until she fell into a peaceful slumber.

~*~

The sun shone brightly and cheerfully the following morning. The plump little reptile stretched and yawned, waking to the noise of a morning forest. She grinned, her prize from the night before tucked under her.

She strolled out into the open air, the Reaper Cloth tied around her neck in a bow. The Bulbasaur spun around, striking various poses. “I am even prettier now!” she giggled as she looked at her reflection in a nearby pond. “Look out, boys, Tulip’s gonna steal your hearts!”  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:36 pm
Tulip Recieved the Jirachi Star!

Tulip rooted around in the mud, trying to find the falling star she’d seen the previous night. “I KNOW it fell around here!” She dug with her claws some more. “One of those pesky Marills better’ve not picked it up!” Her entire body was getting covered in mud, something she would normally abhor. But she was on a mission!

“It wasn’t a dream, it was too brilliant.” She sighed, taking a break from her digging to remember what she’d seen, hoping it’d help her find what she was looking for. “It was a gorgeously bright pink. There’s no way that could’ve been a normal falling star.” She looked up through the hole in the tree canopy. For making such a large hole, she couldn’t find a trace of the star.

She sat back, staring wishfully at the blips of sky that could be seen through the trees. She was about to give up when she noticed something shiny glint in the light out of the corner of her eye. She jerked her head to the side, focusing on where she saw the glinting object.

Two vines snaked their ways towards the shining thing before Tulip even got up. Both vines, however, stopped short. Even as she neared, the vines remained the same distance away. “Huh?” she looked from the small, star-shaped object to her vines. They wiggled and wavered, like they were trying to grab at the stone, but there was some sort of wall between them and it. Tulip strained to get her vines closer, to no avail.

The tiny Bulbasaur took a step towards the bright pink star. It took her more effort than she would normally expect. “What’s… with this… thing?” the air seemed to thicken around the stone. She struggled to take another step towards the stone. She began to realize as she struggled towards the star that it was pristine. Odd, it had made a small crater in the mud, so how could it be so clean? Another step and she would be close enough to grasp it in her claws. Her foothold faltered, sending her to her little knees. What was this power?

Getting back to her feet with extreme effort, she found herself still drawn to the star. Normally she wouldn’t waste so much time on something like this. But, this… this star had a draw to it as well as the force that kept her at bay. Truly, this thing was extraordinary. “I-I won’t give up!” the young Bulbasaur growled.

Her resolve, absolute, there was a sudden break in the field around the stone. She fell forward, her face landing inches from the stone in the mud. She pushed herself up, her eyes sparkling as they came to rest on the star. Her vines snaked out again, slowly surrounding the star piece until they came to rest around it.

As soon as her vines touched the star she was engulfed in light, and her entire body began to change…  

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:42 pm
Strolling Through the Forest One Day
Tulip and Fluffernutter PD  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:16 pm
There Are No Trainers Here
Tulip and Risty PD  

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:35 pm
I love flowers!
Tulip and Alex PD  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:57 pm
What time is it? ADVENTURE TIME!
Tulip and Leigh PD  

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:28 pm
Congratulations, Your Tulip Evol- Wait, What?

Tulip stretched, waking in her little tree hidey-hole after a much-needed rest. The effort she’d used up trying to get that star-shaped stone really wore her out the day before. She couldn’t even remember anything after she’d touched the star. This left her curious… this and the fact that there were two humanoid arms stretched out in front of her.

She scrambled, worried that a human had found her and was going to catch her and take her away. But when she told her front feet to move, the arms moved. “EEK!
Wha-what’s going on?!” she stammered, trying to sit up, but just falling over. Her balance was thrown off, but she couldn’t figure out why. She looked down, her body feeling odd. “OH MY ARCEUS!” she screamed.

Her body had gone through a drastic change, but not that of an evolution. No, she had become a human version of a Bulbasaur. She fell over, rolling and thrashing in the dirt. “What’s going on?” she began to cry. “What happened to my cute little body? I-I look like a human!” She began to scoop up leaves to cover herself.

“Why do I feel like I need to be covered up?” she whimpered. She could feel something around her neck; she just now noticed it. Dropping the leaves she clawed at what was wrapped around it. Her first thought was that a human had indeed captured her and they had put some type of collar on her. The piece of fabric slipped away from her neck without any struggle, it was just her Reaper Cloth sash. She breathed a sigh of relief and tied it back around her neck. “I think I need some clothes.”

Crawling out of her hole was a little more difficult than usual. Her hind legs didn’t want to cooperate now that they were longer than her front legs… err… arms. Instead she awkwardly pulled herself outside. Good thing there were no other Pokemon that she could see… this would be a hard one to explain, granted she wasn’t even sure what’d happened. “Maybe it was that star piece?” That was the last thing she remembered, was grabbing that.

Managing to pull herself into a nearby bush she thought her situation over. She couldn’t walk correctly, but she felt she needed clothing… of some sort. There was a very small village nearby, but she wasn’t sure she’d be able to make the journey, what with not being able to walk and all. Her vines! They could help her through the forest! She let her vines unwind from around her bulb and gripped two separate branches with them. Good thing she could still use them just as accurately as she could before. The vine tightened and pulled her up from her sitting position. If she could just stand on these new legs, she’d be able to get to the village. It’d take a lot longer and a lot more patience, however.

~*~

It was a rough journey; Tulip had made it a point to stay hidden, which made the trip even longer. But here she was… hiding in a bush outside of a house, the closest one she could find. She’d seen some humans placing their clothes out on a wire to dry. And luckily for her, it looked like one of the occupants was a little girl… who liked pink. Tulip thanked Arceus for the luck!

She sneaked her vines out from the bush and snaked them along the wire. The socks were easy to get. The dress was a little harder. “Come on,” she whispered, tugging at the pink clothing. “They might come back out soon!” Just as she uttered this, the back door swung open. In a panic, Tulip tugged more furiously at the dress, praying that it’d come loose in time for her to run.

Arceus must have been listening, because her vines snapped back to her, all clothing in hand, er… vine. Without a second to spare, Tulip cradled the clothes in her arms and used her vines to get herself somewhere safe.

~*~

“I like that they’re pink,” Tulip commented as she inspected her reflection in a stream. It had taken her the rest of the to figure out and alter the clothes she’d swiped. Her bulb had definitely caused her the most trouble. At least there was a full moon out tonight, so she was able to see what she was doing. She sighed, wondering what was to become of her, now that she was human… ish. Looking up at the night sky, she saw a shooting star and wondered if that star piece was really to blame. “If I am to stay like this, please, help me make the best of it.”

It’d been another tiring day and Tulip lay in the cool grass by the stream. What a day! She hoped she didn’t wake up as a giant next! With a soft chuckle she passed into the world of dreams.  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:13 pm
Shy 'n Sassy
Tulip and Alexis PD  

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:49 pm
Sweet Aroma

It was a gorgeous day. Tulip was busy, not doing anything important, just lounging by the pond with her friend, the Azumarill, Bubbles. Despite the change Tulip had gone through, Bubbles had respected the fact that Tulip was still so full of herself. Confidence is key, so they say. Eventually the others that had known Tulip had come around as well, just not as quickly.

Tulip was lying on her stomach, kicking her feet in the air and drumming her fingers on the ground. Her other hand held her head. Bubbles, on the other hand, was lounging back, both arms propping her up as she stared listlessly into the sky. They’d been chatting all day.

“So, like, if you had, I’m saying HAD to marry a guy because your parents were making you and you didn’t love him, OR not be cute anymore, which would you choose?” Tulip queried as she rolled over onto her side and looked at her friend.

“Ugh, really? Why do you have to come up with such hard questions all the time?” Bubbles whined as she continued looking up.

“Oh, come ON,” the Bulbasaur girl prodded on.

After much whimpering, Bubbles finally managed to answer, “I guess I’d had to get married. I mean, the guy could have a really nice place and like all the Oran berries I could want.”

“Yeah, you’ve got a point. I guess, like, I should’ve been a little more specific.” Tulip rolled back onto her stomach and gazed out of the clear water of the pond. There was a moment of silence between the two before Tulip spoke again, rolling on her side once more. “Like, why’re you looking at the sky so much today?”

“Huh?” Bubbles blinked and looked at her grass-type friend. “Oh, I dunno…” she trailed off for a moment before Tulip cleared her throat, bringing the Azumarill back. “Oh, um, sorry… I guess I was thinking if, like, another one of those star things would come down. Ya know, like the one that made you like you are now?”

“Oh,” Tulip rolled over on her back, now gazing up at the tree-blocked sky as it tried to peak through some of the branches. “I guess it’s possible, ya know?”

“I want one.”

“WHAT?!” At this, Tulip flipped over, almost planting her face in the cool grass. “Like, why?!”

“I dunno…” Bubbles barely spoke. Her gaze finally broke from the sky and came to rest on the concerned features of Tulip. “Cuz, I mean, like, look at you!” She sat upright and threw her arms out to motion at the Bulba-girl. “You’re SO unique now. I bet there’s not a single other Bulbasaur like you! I mean, like, I know there’re other Pokemon out there that you’ve said have gone through the change. Why can’t one of them be me?”

Tulip was dumbfounded. This was the first time she’d ever heard the Azumarill essentially say she was jealous of her. A disbelieving chuckle escaped her before she could think of anything to say. “Well… uh…” she stammered, “At least you’re fully evolved! I-I mean, I don’t even know if I’ll be able to evolve like this!” Tulip threw her arms out wide, flailing them. It was the only thing that she could think of.

“Oh, like, I didn’t even think of that,” Bubbles commented back, “I guess that would really suck.” After a few moments of near-silence, where one of the two sighed at rather regular intervals. “Can you even learn new moves?”

Tulip paused, she hadn’t even thought about it. “I… I really don’t know.”

“You haven’t tried, have you?”

“No,” Tulip replied, a little embarrassed.

“Well,” the Azumarill stretched, standing and brushing herself off. “Let’s try.”

“Huh? Wha?” Tulip stuttered as her friend pulled her to her feet.

“Come on!” Bubbles urged, pulling on Tulip even more. “Let’s at least try. You, like, need to see if you’re more Pokemon or more human... or something.”

Tulip sighed, not really wanting to know the answer. She was afraid that she’d find herself being more human and then she’d be kicked out of her home. That, was not the worst thing that would happen. No, they might decide she was too dangerous to be left alive. To be honest, though, the really wasn’t much basis for either. The greater majority of the Pokemon that lived here were already used to her new form. Not much could really persuade them that Tulip was someone other than what she was now, herself.

Bubbles felt that the tiny island in the middle of the pond would be the best place to practice new moves. It was secluded and had a vast expanse of sky above it, due to the lack of trees on the island itself. There’d probably be a couple Pokemon sunning themselves on it, but they’d be easily persuaded to move.

Bubbles motioned for Tulip to climb on her back as she Surfed across the cool waters. Tulip always felt awkward riding on her friend. She hadn’t been a very strong swimmer before the change, but now she was having to relearn what she’d already been struggling with. Regardless, she was now on her friend’s back as Bubbles ferried her over to the island.

It was a short trip and, luckily, no one else was on the island at this point in time, so they didn’t have to worry about bothering them. “So, like, what do you wanna start with?” Bubbles asked as she shook some of the water off of her. “I have, like, no clue what you Grass Types can even learn.”

“Well, I dunno!” Tulip nearly shouted, “This was your idea!”

“Oh, like, calm down already!” The Azumarill put on her thinking cap as she sat on the soft sand that edged the island. What, oh what could Tulip learn? “Hey, what about something with your vines?”

Tulip’s face was sans amusement. “You mean like, Vine Whip? I already know that.”

“Oh…”

Tulip sighed and sat next to her friend, trying to think of something as well. It seemed like she was doomed to sit here for hours, just admiring the view. There was a loud snap from Bubbles, however, as the water mouse Pokemon stood up. “I’ll be RIGHT back!” she blurted, then dove into the water before Tulip could contest. Tulip sighed again flopped back, rather uncomfortably, onto her back. Rolling over to her side relieved her back and her bulb.

Bubbles seemed to have been gone a while, and Tulip was nearly asleep when she returned. “Okay! I found Lydia, she says she might be able to help!” A shy little Bellossom stepped off of the Surfing water-type’s back and gently on to the sand. Tulip yawned and stretched, sitting back up.

“He-hello,” peeped the Bellossom, barely audible. “I-I heard you were needing help learning a new move?”

Tulip strained to listen to the little flower, but was just able to make out what was said. “Um, uh, yeah, like… we’re not even sure if I can learn anything new, to be honest.”

“O-oh, I’m sure we can find something you can learn,” the Bellossom’s soft voice was only matched by its sweet tone. “What w-would you like to learn?”

At this Tulip shrugged; she had no idea. She’d once seem a full-grown Venusaur do something pretty amazing with a beam of light, but she felt like that was a bit out of her grasp at the moment. “Something easy, I guess. What would you suggest?”

“How about Sweet Scent?”

“Wha’s that?”

“It attracts others to you, more or less.”

“Oh… um… okay I guess.” Tulip rolled it over in her head a bit as the Bellossom tried to explain. It actually wouldn’t be too bad, learning that. More and more Pokemon would be able to see her beauty. “Okay, yeah!” Tulip cheered, interrupting the other Grass type, causing Lydia to jump. “Oh, heh, sorry. I got a little too excited.”

“O-oh, i-i-it’s okay,” chirped Lydia, “A-as I was saying, you’ll need to let your bulb do most of the work for you, that’s where your pheromones will come from. All you really have to do is close your eyes and envision the smell leaving your bulb.” Lydia closed her eyes and took a deep breath, a few seconds later both Bubbles and Tulip could smell the fragrant aroma of fresh roses. Lydia opened her eyes after a few more seconds and the smell dissipated. “And that’s about it.” She smiled meekly and shrugged. “S-sorry if that’s not helpful enough, I’m not the best teacher in the world.”

“Oh, no, that’s like… really helpful!” Bubbles replied, trying to sound convincing.

“Yeah, totally!” Piped in Tulip. “So let me try!” She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, imitating Lydia. There was a long pause, but nothing happened. Tulip’s face contorted in odd expressions as she tried to do as Lydia had instructed. Bubbles just tried to keep from laughing at the Bulba-girl’s expressions. After several strenuous moments, Tulip finally opened her eyes, with nothing to show, or smell for it. She sighed put her head in her hands. “Maybe I can’t learn anything anymore.”

“Sorry, but, um… I think you are trying to hard,” Lydia piped in. “Don’t force it, just relax and let it happen.”

Tulip stared at the Bellossom as the Lydia smiled sheepishly back. “Oh, alright, I’ll try again.” She sighed once more and closed her eyes. This time she just sat there and thought about how stupid she probably looked. She went over the instructions in her head again and again, but didn’t really force the thoughts on herself this time. She relaxed and then envisioned a pink (because that’s the best color) cloud swirling out of her bulb. It wafted around her and spread out in all directions in a nice, slow pace. When she opened her eyes, she noticed Bubbles and Lydia smiling, enjoying a pleasant smell.

“Tulips!” Bubbles giggled, “You smell like tulips!”

Tulip tilted her head to the side in confusion. “I can’t smell anything.”

“Oh, sorry, I should have mentioned that…” Lydia spoke up, “You won’t be able to smell it, but everyone else will.”

“Then how will I know if it works?” Tulip whined.

Bubbles took another big sniff, “I think you’ll know.” She motioned behind Tulip, where a large group of water Pokemon had now gathered at the water’s edge, all with happy expressions on their faces.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:33 pm
Forest Fire
Tulip and Oheňdrak PD  

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:56 pm
Surprise Visit
Tulip, Sasha, and Alexis PD  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:50 pm
All Dressed Up
Tulip and Brick PD  

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:59 pm
The field near the edge
Tulip and CAIZU PD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:26 pm
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Tulip, Cotton Candy, Alexis, Meadow, and Sasha PD  

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

Mewmouse
Crew

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:06 pm
Map of Tulip's home in relation to her friends'.

User Image  
Trainer Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces