Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[GAME-main] Gladiator battles-Duels of Destiny (Good luck!) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:25 am
First and foremost this is a Player run event. Though approved by the shop and GM's they are in NO way connected to this little event. It is for fun only! Your character might win money and bragging rights in character, and there may be some fanart given out oocly, but there are no shop prizes or anything shop related. It is a good device to power through some of you growth rps though and meet new characters!

Gladiator battles - Duels of Destiny!

Quote:
It was normal night for early fall. The air was crisp and cool, but not frigid. There was no wind, no clouds, it was so clear that even amid the city lights a few stars could be seen twinkling alongside the large and bright moon. On the outskirts of Destiny City, far enough away to hopefully avoid detection from the negaverse or other random bypassers the senshi of magnetism waited outside a dark and abandoned farmhouse.

The battleground for the battles would be among the fields of the large farm. Past the farmhouse and large barns the ground was mostly flat and covered in grass, a few large rocks and trees providing some relief from the otherwise boring field.

The directions had been provided to those interested and the field was slowly beginning to fill in as senshi and knights arrived. Sailor Polaris greeted those that spoke to her, but otherwise waited patiently and silently on the rickety porch for people to arrive. The slow thrum of chatter grew louder as more people settled in, some simply chatting, others speculating, and even a few seemed to be complaining about the wait.

When the crowd had grown to a point that she hadn't noticed any stragglers moving about for a few moments, she finally stepped forward, clapping her hands together twice, the sound harsh and loud amongst the quiet of the rural area.

The sound of her voice however was far less harsh, if anything it was inviting, excited, pleasant even as she began her speech.

"Welcome everyone to my Gladiator battles. Affectionately titled the 'Duels of Destiny'" Her fingers lifted to put quotation marks around the words as she spoke, seeming to find it far more clever then it really was.

"If you're here it means you were interested in participating in some safe and fun battles to help train, to win some money, or simply to show off your skills. I'm Sailor Polaris, senshi of magnetism and I'll be running and overseeing this little event."

The idea had come to her not long after meeting Sailor Grus for the second time. And it was something she'd mulled over for a handful of nights afterwards. Not everyone liked to fight.. and the options for training often proved a bit extreme. Fighting youma or the negaverse could prove to be deadly. Even sparring sessions among fellow senshi sometimes took it a bit too far for her tastes. When she'd finally come up with an idea that would allow for the training without the worry of grave injury she was ecstatic.

Polaris was also a sucker for meeting new faces, which her idea also luckily provided. "I see a lot of familiar and new faces here. Including the three winners of my last contest, Sailor Arachne, Sailor Maia, and Prince Castor." Her hand swept out to motion towards the three as she spoke their names.

"The event will take place over the next couple of nights. Competiters will be paired up and the winner of each battle will be paired again, over and over until we have one final winner!"

Pausing a moment she made her way over to a few boxes that had been set on the porch, rummaging through one before she held out a small item for them to see. "To keep things from going to far and anyone really getting hurt the goal won't be to knock out your opponent. Instead each person will receive two of these glass ornaments. You can choose wherever you want to tie them on yourselves as long as they're in plain sight and not hidden underneath anything. Your goal is to protect your own ornaments while breaking your opponents. Once both ornaments are broke you are out of the contest. Winners however will have any broken ornaments replaced before they start the next battle."

"You are free to use your powers, weapons, or any other skill you have at your disposal to battle but please keep in mind that this is for fun. There will be no broken bones and I will not tolerate excessive and uncalled for force. Anyone that proceeds to try and take things too aggressively will be disqualified and pulled from their battle. I believe we won't have to come to that though."

"That said I hope that everyone has a good time! Please come forward and get your ornaments now and I will begin to pair you guys for the first round."

This thread will be your information source! All the battles will be listed here for each round along with all the information you should need.
If you have questions though feel free to ask it here.

You are however free to post solos related to the event here however! Did your character lose and you'd like to write a solo about it, feel free to post it here! Did your character watch their friend fighting? Post it! Any and all solos related to the event are absolutely welcomed and encouraged.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:26 am
How it will work:

1) This event will ICly run from Oct 28th - Oct 30th. (The OOC portion will hopefully take 2 weeks or less)

2) Characters are arriving already clued into the idea for the most part. Information was spread via senshi cellphones, knight letters, and word of mouth at a prior time. Upon arriving they are being paired up and sent to fight.

3) Characters are provided with two glass ornaments and instructed to tie them wherever they like but they cannot be covered or under stuff.

So how do we know who we are fighting?
** For each round I will post who is fighting who with an rp link. In the link I will roll to see who goes first but after that the battle is up to you guys! I will be quoting everyone in hopes of keeping this quick and timely.

How do I win a fight?
** OOCly it's based entirely on the randomizer (see below for details), ICly though you win by being the first person to break BOTH of the other characters ornaments. Make sure you protect your own!

4) Losing a battle means you're out of the game. You're nonetheless free to continue posting solos in this thread.

5) We'll continue down until only one person remains at which point a celebratory rps will occur!

6) Even if your battle ends quickly make sure you have enough words if you're hoping to count it for battles.

Rules:

1) Please try to be prompt with your posts. The sooner outcomes are rolled the sooner later rounds can begin.
** I HIGHLY suggest prerolling out the battle back and forth and then going back and editing in the actual fight at your leisure, but that is up to you.

2) Please be considerate in your battling. You can use powers and hands and of course some blows will be landed. But these are your friends and allies and Polaris is VERY serious about everyone being safe and having fun. No one should be hit hard enough to be knocked out or break a limb or anything unless it's been cleared by me first. Keep in mind characters that are too aggressive will be disqualified.

3) Please be a good sport. Everyone knows sometimes the dice suck A LOT. You might get screwed thanks to the dice, it sucks.. but please be a good sport about it. There may be a random prize or two thrown out so just because you didn't win doesn't mean you're totally out.

4) You may not join the game after it's initially begun. HOWEVER, characters that didn't show up to battle may still post solos in this thread if they are here watching or observing their friends.

5) No negaverse/DMC/random civilians may post unless it has been cleared beforehand by Iris_virus (meeee). I know it's a little illogical but we're just going for fun and easy.

More...?

Quote:
Battle mechanics

* I will start/provide the link for each battle rp. Participants will be quoted and I will have rolled to see who posts first.

* For every post in a battle thread make sure you randomize between 1 and 3. The number you get will determine what happened during that turn.
1 - Uh oh, looks like you missed this time!
2 - Yay a hit! Your opponent should subtract 1 hp in their next post.
3 - Excellent hit! Your opponent should subtract 2 hp in their next post.

* Keep track of your HP on the top of each post you make please! When someone reaches zero the battle is over. (You can post once or twice more if you'd really like the two to wish each other well or what not)
If the dice decide to be jerks and the battle just keeps going on and on and on I may step in and ask for you guys to roll dice for some outside event to help out. Hopefully it won't be necessary

* No matter how many hp you lose or ornaments you break you will begin the next round refreshed and replenished!

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:27 am
Potential prizes

ICly
1st place - $500 and bragging rights
2nd place - $200
3rd place? - $100

OOCly
1st place - Silv stick, a cash shop item, + mystery prize
2nd place - Silv stick, Nov sealed letter
3rd place? - Silv stick, Nov sealed letter

Random Prizes
3 SD Plushies by Lizzymoo
Stuff from Iris
Donated stuff from ZaiaFantasy heart
???

Participants and their HP

Sailor Athene - 3
Squire Niflhel - 6
Eternal Sailor Chibi Hugbell - 5
Eternal Sailor Maia - 6
Sailor Arachne - 4
Super Sailor Arsinoe - 5
Super Sailor Ganymede - 6
Page Sessrumnir - 5
Page Valhalla - 5
Eternal Sailor Castor - 6
Sailor Cancer - 3
Sailor Pollux - 3
Eternal Sailor Nemesis - 7
Page Hesperis - 5
Eternal Sailor Themis - 6
Super Sailor Pasiphae - 5
Super Sailor Merope - 6
Super Sailor Chibi Ixion - 6
Sailor Chibi Egeria - 4
Squire Babylon - 5
Sailor Nyx - 5
Sailor Hygiea - 4
Super Sailor Pomona - 5
Super Sailor Magellan - 5
Page Avalon - 4
Super Sailor Orion - 5
Super Sailor Grus - 6
Sailor Eunomia - 5
Sailor Irene - 4

FAQ

None yet, ask away!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:30 am
Round 1 - FIGHT!! heart

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22280495
Sailor Cancer
Sailor Athene - winner
litian

iStoleYurVamps

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22280499
Eternal Sailor Nemesis
Super Sailor Chibi Ixion
Krysin

zippedsiren

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22280501
Eternal Sailor Castor
Eternal Sailor Chibi Hugbell - winner
LP

Vamps again

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22280505
********* - winner
Sailor Hygiea
LizzyMoo

chirigami

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22280507
Super Sailor Pasiphae
Sailor Arachne
Quicksilver the Archangel

TheMadHatter

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22280485
Eternal Sailor Themis
Sailor Irene - winner
Zero Dream

DivineSaturn

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22280489
Sailor Chibi Egeria
Super Sailor Merope
Remove

Marushii

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22280491
Sailor Pollux
Super Sailor Arisone
Vamps again
Hatter again

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22280493
Super Sailor Pomona
Super Sailor Ganymede
Holy Blasphemy

Sunshine Alouette

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22280469
Super Sailor Magellan
Eternal Sailor Maia
derivative

Kaori_luv

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22280473
Super Sailor Orion
Sailor Nyx
Marsh the Sex Panda

Aqua Drageen

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22280477
Super Sailor Grus - winner
Sailor Eunomia
Blue Eyed Melloon

Carneli

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22280481
Squire Niflhel - winner
Page Hesperis
LP again
Zedre again

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22280467
Page Avalon - winner
Page Sessrumnir
shibrogane

Guine

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22280465
Page Valhalla - winner
Squire Babylon
Guine again
Silverah

Super sorry about spamming the crap out of the guild ^_^;  

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:34 am
((For the first round I went ahead and randomized all the knights together and all the senshi together for fun. As of round two everyone will be randomized completely together!

Sorry to people who got paired against someone with much more hp. xp The dice be cruel sometimes. Good luck everyone!!

Posting is now open!))

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:35 pm
Spectator Sports (Ellie + ********* the edges of the battle area, there were some bales of hay. It was somewhat expected, since they were technically on a farm. Several of the senshi and knights had found these to make good seats for spectating the battles. Yet, amongst all of the senshi and knights, there was at least one person who did not seem to fit into this picture.

Ellie Spectre.

********* had fortunately cleared it with Polaris, the eternal senshi who had organized this whole ordeal, for Ellie to be present. It took a lot of assuring on ********* part in all honesty, guaranteeing that this civilian was indeed a senshi who was recovering from a serious injury. It was perhaps one of the disadvantages of Ellie being so secretive about her secret identity.

So now she sat, waiting for the whole ordeal to begin. The tomboy would have loved to be able to wear a hoodie of some sort, just so she could hide from the public view, but that stubborn cast of hers prevented her from being able to do anything of the sort. Yet, as a last minute arrangement, the cat of all things managed to secure her a rather badass looking hooded cloak. It was all black and was able to cover most of her upper body, save for that stupid arm.

"It looks like a good turn out," a voice uttered almost in her ear. ********* had managed to secure a place upon Ellie's right shoulder, one of the requirements, so to speak, was to have ********* pretty much hang out around Ellie. Obviously when it was her turn to spar, she wouldn't be able to hang with the fallen senshi.

"...yeah... lotta people... though we also did have a decent turn out for our team, right?"

********* nodded. "Metis was not able to make it... apparently she and her family are out of town, so they wouldn't have been able to make it. Then there's Parthenope..." The manx glanced off to the edge of the field where someone was smoking out of anger.

Ellie snorted out a laugh. "Wait, what's he doin' over there?"

"He's sulking like a baby if you ask me... but he's actually smoking. I can't believe he already got himself disqualified for unruly conduct. Before the tournament has even started!" Punching someone while waiting to hear the match ups was not a good way to go about conducting himself.

Ellie shook her head. "I already know what he can do... but I would have liked to see him bring it in this tournament." With a sigh, the hooded figure then asked "So, what are the match ups... ya seem t'be on top of everythin' and all..."

The cat sat herself up, almost as if she was attempting to be prim and proper for a moment before she began listing off the fights. "Irene has been paired up with Themis. Egeria has been paired up with Merope. Eunomia has been paired up with Grus. And as irony would have it... Hygiea has been paired up with me."

There was a pretty dramatic pause as the blonde processed the information. "...wait... ya entered the tournament too?" This was definitely the first time that the captain had heard about this.

The cat didn't seem to stir from how she was sitting, absolutely as calm as calm could be. "You did say it was mandatory for all of us. Last I checked... I might be a cat, but I am also a part of the team."

Awkwardly, Ellie turned to face the cat. "Ain't that jus' a bit weird? T'fight a cat?"

A slight airy laugh escaped the furry companion. "Since when has any fight as a senshi ever been predictable? Just think of it as my attempts to check these senshi to see how well they can handle a curve ball being thrown towards them. I think the best saying would be 'to expect the unexpected!'"

"...but... as a cat?!"

The feline shook her head. "Oh no no no no silly! There is a reason why we came all this way out here. I'll be using my other form. Polaris said it would make things a bit more fair, since otherwise it would be just chasing a small cat all around a large field. I don't think people would be here to watch something like that go down!"

Shifting herself slightly, she rubbed her forehead with her right hand. "...god... this is gonna be so weird t'watch..."

Her hind quarters found itself up in the air as Ellie moved her good shoulder. "Well... I do have some advise for you while watching the tournament."

"...I've watched sports from th'stands before, Cat." She had been to some of Zuniga's soccer games, and if riled up, she could shout and cheer like a boss!

"See... that's the thing. You aren't watching from the stands so much tonight, Ellie." Once the movement at the girl's shoulder had stopped, the cat once again settled her rump down again. "You need to think of watching this like a coach from the dugout. I don't mind cheering, but I think in your case, it might distract you from what you are actually trying to do here. You need to watch these fights critically. Figure out your team's strong points and their weak points. Once you know these things, you can then help mold them into being better senshi."

Ellie glanced over to where Parthenope was still standing with his cigarette. "...would it be okay if I got 'im t'help me with this too?"

"I see no problem with it!"

With that, the cat hopped off of her shoulder onto the hay, then off the bale of hay towards the field. "Enjoy the show!" she called back as she began to get ready for her own spar with the youngest of the senshi on the team.

Somehow, the excitement of this whole thing seemed to be disappearing as more and more responsibility was stacked up on her. With a half sigh, the blonde said to the moon in the sky "Maybe this'll be fun... jus' gotta wait and see..."  

LizzyMoo

Rainbow Senshi

litian

Spacey Kitten

20,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:05 pm
Winning by default (Athene)

Well this didn't turn out how I expected Athene thought as he sat down by the edge of the actual 'battle area'.

It seemed that somehow he would at least reach round two of this contest thingy, a side result of his first opponent seeming more interested in beating him down into the ground – so maybe he was being unfair – but from where he'd been standing it had certainly felt that way. She hadn't even given him a name – although Athene had mentally dubbed her 'scary green-haired senshi'. Well she was scary! She hadn't seemed to care that 'battle' was over as his ornaments had been broken and he'd thought she was going to really hurt him for sure.

Instead Sailor Polaris, the senshi who had organised this whole thing had used some sort of power that had caused the green-haired senshi shoulder's to stick to her stomach and then had walked the other senshi off-field somewhere.

Athene hadn't seen the green-haired senshi since and he hadn't gotten the chance to ask Polaris about the rules. Athene had however, taken the time to take out his senshi phone and re-read all the information about the whole tournament thingy. And then re-read it a second and then a third time – just to be sure.

And yep despite the whole the 'Duels of Destiny' title, the information definitely said that these were mock battles. That whole thing was just for fun.

Which was a relief as to be honest Athene had been beginning to wonder if maybe he'd been the one to misunderstand something. After all that green-haired had been so enthusiastic, seemed so interested in trying to own him, that the dark-haired senshi had begun to wonder if he'd misread something somewhere.

Athene bit his lip. He was grateful that Polaris had stepped in when she had. Wasn't sure if she hadn't that he'd have been able to actually avoid that last move from the green-haired senshi – one that would probably have been a whole world of pain for him.

As she'd led the other senshi away, Polaris had mentioned a second round, a next opponent. The whole idea of a new round had struck the dark-haired senshi with trepidation at first, but after re-reading the information on his phone several times and confirming that the 'battles' were mock ones, not real ones Athene decided he'd let it play out and see what happened.

Part of him wondered how the other contestants were getting on. Athene hadn't gotten a good look at all the contestants and the few senshi he'd seen had all been unfamiliar to him.

Given that he was still in the competition – at least for one more round – Athene really hoped that his next opponent would be less scary than the first. Maybe he'd be lucky and even get a name next time round.

(483 words)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:29 pm
((Awesome rps so far!!

Round 2 will start as soon as we have the results for all the current battles.

Everyone will be quoted when their round two battles are up!

**Edit** CRAP, sorry guys!! I didn't realize editing the post with quotes would requote you all. Won't do that again, sorry!!))

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Iris_virus rolled 1 12-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-12)

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:21 am
((It's been a week so I'm going to begin moving on to round 2. Those still in round one will be assigned partners as soon as they finish.

In the meantime, we're going into round 2 with an uneven number, so that means someone gets a free ride into round 3! Rolling to see how that is.

1 Sailor Athene - 3
2 Squire Niflhel - 6
3 Eternal Sailor Chibi Hugbell - 5
4 Super Sailor Ganymede - 6
5 Page Valhalla - 5
6 Eternal Sailor Nemesis - 7
7 Super Sailor Pasiphae - 5
8 Super Sailor Merope - 6
9 ********* - 3
10 Page Avalon - 4
11 Super Sailor Grus - 6
12 Sailor Irene - 4

waiting
Maia
Arisone
Pollux
Nyx
Magellan
Orion

Stay tuned for round 2 battles! Most will be going up today!))  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:48 pm
Round 2 - FIGHT!! heart

Squire Niflhel x ********* href="https://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22302023" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" >http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22302023

Sailor Athene x Super Sailor Grus
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22302031

Eternal Sailor Nemesis x Super Sailor Pasiphae
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22302041

Page Valhalla x Eternal Sailor Chibi Hugbell
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22302049

Page Avalon x Super Sailor Merope
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22302057

* These last two battles will be set up as soon as the R1 battles end. Particpants will be quoted again or pm'd

Sailor Irene x ???

??? x ???

litian

Krysin

LP

LizzyMoo

Quicksilver the Archangel

DivineSaturn

Marushii

Blue Eyed Melloon

shibrogane

Guine

And Gany gets a free ride into round 3! If you'd still like to 'fight' in some way pm me and we can talk heart
Sunshine Alouette

TheMadHatter

iStoleYurVamps

derivative

Kaori_luv

Marsh the Sex Panda

Aqua Drageen

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:28 am
As the first evening of fights took place Polaris found herself fighting excitement and pride to try and remain as fair and impartial as possible. The success of the event was amazing, more than she could ever have hoped for. And though there had been a couple of hiccups in the beginning, one senshi being thrown out before anything even started for aggression and another for a close call while in battle, for the most part everyone seemed to be having a good time.

Her eyes darted from battle to battle, watching each one as carefully as she could both as score keeper and referee. It was true she was doing a little rooting in her head for some of her friends, but she kept it in her head, hiding the dissapointment when they eventually were defeated or the happy exclaimations as they succeeded and triumphed.

Niflhel was doing very well, already powering through two battles, he looked so strong and wonderful! And Grus too! She couldn't help but feel her heart flutter with pride and excitement at how she was excelling.

Hugbell had done quite well against Castor and Ixion had been so amazingly toe to toe with Nemesis up until the end, something that she imagined many spectators might have been surprised about. All of the chibis fought valiantly and held their own in her opinion like she thought they could when she was first coming up with the idea of the contest. She could only hope some others would notice too.

Really if the particular battles proved anything, it was that strange situations could provide for strange battles. You never knew what to be prepared for or who was capable of what, which was apparent as she watched many eternals and higher level senshi fall. And luck. Believe it or not luck and silly mistakes always played a part out in the field.

The knights were particularly fun to watch, spying their weapons and how they used what sometimes seemed to her as entirely useless weapons. She hoped when the next night came she'd get to see even more weapons and strategic and careful uses of magical attacks.

The night stretched on and after each battle Polaris offered a pleasant congratulations to each winner, replenishing any ornaments they might have broken. Kind words and praise were also offered to each of the people knocked out of the battles.

All of the first round battles and a handful of the second round had wrapped up by the time Polaris lifted her hand and called out for attention to dismiss everyone for the night, they'd stayed far longer then she'd planned, perhaps spurred on by the excitement. Would it take three nights or only two to complete? Only tommorow would tell it seemed when the final second round battles continued.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:55 am
There was a bit of a break between her first and second battles. Time enough for Grus to watch the other first rounds complete and move on, or take their place in the stands. She watched who she remembered as Chibi Hugbell and Sailor Castor battle it out. It was strange seeing a chibi fighting a Royal, though he was only powered up to Eternal. But then, Hug Bell's words were brought back to her mind from Camp Larkspur.

"We chibis are stronger than you all think."

This was apparently so, as Hug Bell broke the second of Castor's ornaments and took the win. The chibi senshi both confused and scared her. While they did have power, Grus wasn't sure they had the maturity or the strength of will to be fighting people. They were kids! They weren't supposed to be saving people from dying! But if they couldn't handle it, she figured they just wouldn't henshin up. They'd lock the pen away in a toy box or put it on a shelf to gather dust. She clapped along with everyone else, and then focused her attention on another battle between two senshi that she didn't know. As a matter of fact, she didn't know a fair amount of the people present. Ah well, more people to meet!

Grus was surprised to say the least that she had won. And she had managed to win without feeling sick. Maybe it was because they weren't actually fighting. If Grus lost, she wouldn't have her energy drained, no one would lose their starseed. This was time to practice her moves, perfect them so that if she came across someone like Jarosite again, she wouldn't have to hide. She could do more than shred his jacket...

But she still didn't want to fight. That was the difference. These "duels of destiny" were ok, because no one was supposed to get hurt. It was like practicing karate. You didn't want to fight, but if you had to, you had the skills to keep yourself and others safe. Maybe she should have told Clotho about this... the memory of the dark haired girl with the plain fuku was a strange one. When Grus talked to her, it was as if she were talking to herself right after she henshined up for the first time... the sound of breaking glass brought her full attention back to the duel as someone's ornament shattered against a hand or foot. Maybe they should all be wearing gloves. Glass cuts were not to be messed with and could turn nasty.

When the second battle she watched was finished she stood, making her way down towards where the battles were taking place. The second round would begin soon, and she would see who she was going to fight next. Polaris gave her a couple ornaments, and she tied them to her person carefully so as not the break the fragile things. Alright, let's go! she said, waiting to hear who her opponent would be.

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

litian

Spacey Kitten

20,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:14 pm
Crashing out in the second (Athene)

Athene made his way over to the place he'd chosen to sit after the first round of the contest thingy, although this time round he was sitting as an ex-contestant turned spectator.

Despite being knocked out – his second round in this tournament thing had gone way, way better than the first one – probably as to the dark-haired senshi's mind, his second opponent had been much less scary than that green-haired senshi had been and far, far nicer.

He'd also had a better showing this round. Despite yet again managing to smash one of his own ornaments, Athene had managed to actually land a couple of hits in this time round – he'd even managed to break one of Grus' ornaments before being knocked out of the competition which was a far cry from the first round – considering that in addition to the embarrassment of smashing his own ornament, he hadn't managed to land a single hit that time round.

Of course the fact that he wasn't trying to avoid his opponent making Athene-mincemeat out of him was potentially a factor in his improved performance – Athene wasn't going to sweat it though – despite the fact it would have been nice to have gotten further, the dark-haired senshi wasn't particularly fussed that he hadn't.

Making himself comfortable, Athene acknowledged that he'd actually had fun this time round – not something he'd been expecting – not when he'd signed up and certainly not after his encounter with his first opponent. Mock battling Grus had been fun though.

As he took the chance to look around the competition ground, Athene couldn't help but notice that all of the first round battles seemed to have wrapped up – with just second round matches going on. It hadn't been the case when his own second match had come up – at the time some of the first round matches still finishing up – not that the dark-haired senshi had recognised any of the competitors.

Still being a spectator would probably be just as fun and there would still be matches to watch after all the second round matches wrapped up. Athene had already promised himself that he'd stick around and watch for a bit, maybe he'd even notice someone amongst the competitors that he knew.

Some more of the second round battles had wrapped up by the time that a halt was called for the day and Athene blinked as it dawned on him just how late it had gotten.

It seemed the matches would be continuing onto the next day with Athene making a mental note to try to get there early enough to find a decent seat. Maybe he'd bring something to munch on this time round – something sweet and easily portable – like cookies.

At the thought, Athene felt his stomach rumbling, a reminder that he'd skipped lunch. Looked like he'd be making a stop-off on his way home for food. Mayhaps he'd be luck and the late night diner would still have some doughnuts left.

(509 words)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:21 pm
Round 3!

Super Sailor Grus x Super Sailor Merope
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22331665

Eternal Sailor Nemesis x Squire Niflhel
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22331661

Page Valhalla x Super Sailor Ganymede
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22331651

Final battle to be determined asap
??? x ???

Krysin

LP

Marushii

Blue Eyed Melloon

Sunshine Alouette

Guine

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:45 am
Obviously this has lagged way longer than I could have ever hoped, so unfortunately I'm going to have to start being a bit of a jerk/constant prodder to get it finished up. sad

People who have not been tagging your rps expect pms. If I don't get rolls in 24 hours then I'm just rolling the results myself, because it's not really fair for the people who have been prompt and it's getting tricky and holding back other related rps.

Reguardless, everyone should expect to see some more battles up by this weekend at the very latest. Hopefully sooner!

LP

Marushii

Blue Eyed Melloon

Sunshine Alouette

TheMadHatter

Aqua Drageen

DivineSaturn

Winner of this will be matched with Nyx for round 3 Arsinoe x Irene

Grus x Merope

Niflhel and Ganymede are moving to the 4th round, waiting on others heart  
♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]