Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sidekick Academy!

Back to Guilds

guild for Sidekick Academy, a superhero b/c! Or sidekick, if you wanna see it that way... 

Tags: superhero, sidekick, breedables, dc comics, marvel 

Reply Dear Diary [Journals]
{ Rookie } CONDUIT ☎ Danica Taylor Moor (AndrAIa) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sidekickaa
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This journal belongs to Conduit, aka Danica Taylor Moor
who is played by AndrAIa
Do not post without their permission.

Sidekicks: N/A
Current residence: Sidekick Academy

A GROWTH QUEST[color=white]

One fine class-less morning, you receive a phone call out of the blue. The number is withheld. You pick it up, and it turns out to be one of the street kids from your past, one of the "old gang". He greets you hesistantly, and is about to engage in that usual awkward "how have you been" chitchat until a voice in the background bellows. He cuts it short immediately, and blurts out:

"It's Callum... he's awake."

He continues in a rush, mentioning that Callum wanted to see her, and adds in a heartfelt plea for you to come back to the group, that they desperately needed your help... for what exactly, he would not say until you decided to meet them.

What will you do? The kids could be just lying to get you to go back and help them with their schemes... But what if they really, genuinely needed your help? And there was Callum... was he really awake? Or was it just another ploy to get you to go back? And if he was awake, should you go and visit him? Or not?

((Okay I hope you don't mind me using these kids for her growth quest! If its not, let me know and I'll figure something out. Its pretty much up to you how else you want to twist whatever I didn't mention so go wild with it!

Please do up your response as a journal entry and have fun!))

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:50 pm
User Image
User Image

’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ o3. danica - civilian profile
’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ o4. conduit - hero profile
’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ o5. biography - pre-academy history
’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ o6. roleplays - post-academy history
’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ o7. points - growth records
’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ o8. relationships - friends and foes
’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ o9. misc - dorm, belongings, and photo album
’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ 1o. footnotes - credits, side notes

’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ This journal is property of AndrAIa
’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ look but do not touch
’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’
’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ Plots Thread
’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ Character App
’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ Daphne Ray

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:04 am
User Image

User ImageB A S I C . I N F O R M A T I O N

name. Danica Tylor Moor
age. Sixteen
gender. Female
orientation. Straight
status. Single

A P P E A R A N C E

hair. Shoulder length and very orange. Worn with the bangs pinned back for obvious practical and safety reasons.
eyes. Bright blue.
skin. Tan, with a healthy splash of freckles across her nose and cheeks.
height. 5’4”
weight. Maybe about 100lbs
build. Average/Athletic

P E R S O N A L I T Y

Much of Dani’s personality (including sense of right and wrong) is open for influence and growth. She did not had a hard life and her parents did not pass on any particularly strong opinions. She is of a neutral mind set; she approaches most situations intellectually rather than emotionally and mostly believes the ends justify the means. Her powers, and the powers of others are a constant sores of curiosity for Dani and she is always trying to go a little bit father, work a little bit harder, to push her (and their) limits. Her social activities of preference are usually something active or sporty but she would never turn down a good strategy game. She is pretty chatty and outgoing and tried to keep everyone interested and happy. She is naturally non-confrontational and when angered would walk away rather than become aggressive. Dani has had some experiences in her life that have made her a little distrustful of other people – particularly of the super-powered variety – but she wants to trust people. It would not take too much effort to build a relationship with her but her trust, once shattered, is nearly impossible to repair.

Since arriving at the academy, Danica has come out of her power-scared shell a little bit. She is more trusting of people and generally very outgoing. Not much has really changed, in that sense, but her increased comfort level has lead to her taking certain risks and liberties she might not have before. For example she has no qualms about sneaking into the kitchens after hours, sneaking around ‘out of bounds’ areas, or hosting unauthorised dorm parties. Her rebellious side and her dirtier sense of humour started to resurface somewhere along the way, and strangely enough, she is okay with that. She isn’t as scared that history is going to repeat itself anymore.
http://i43.tinypic.com/dnirki.png

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:07 am
User Image

User ImageP U B L I C . I N F O R M A T I O N

code name. Conduit
costume. Blue skin tight bodysuit with teal and neon yellow-green details, with matching boots and gloves. (Image)
rank. Sidekick
team affiliation. None
known allies. None
arch nemesis. Callem ???

P O W E R S . & . A B I L I T I E S

power amplification.
Her most noticeable (and uncontrollable) power is the ability to amplify the strength of other people’s power. This can most easily and effectively be done physical contact but even being near her can have a buffing effect on someone’s power. It is not limited to just the powers of other people, her power can also effect inanimate and natural objects. She can, for example, both increase the range of a telepath’s power and / or the signal strength of a cell phone. The degree to which she effects others is determined by any number of factors but while she is still learning to control her powers the most obvious one is her mood. The stronger the emotions she is feeling the stronger her ability works. As of yet she has very little control over her ability; she can force it to work better but she has no ability to make it work less. There is a constant ‘buzz’ of power amplification around her whether she wants there to be or not. Dani sometimes has a hard time using computers or electronics because her powers inadvertently short them out. Blow dryers and hair strengtheners are simply a lost cause.

The easiest types of powers for her to effect are those that are non-physical (telepathy, telekinesis, ‘beams’, etc) but she can, and will, effect physical type powers as well (super strength, teleportation, physical projectiles, etc). She can not really ‘pick and choose’ who she effects yet so that general buzz of power amplification around her is going to effect her team mates and her enemies.

power redirection.
Dani can use herself as a ‘conduit’ to redirect energy / power. Energy attacks (beams, rays, etc) will not effect Dani PROVIDED she can redirect them elsewhere. If she does not redirect them they will effect her just as well as anyone else. She can not absorb power, simply transfer and amplify it. She has the ability to take and redirect multiple sources of energy into a single super powered force and essentially turn herself into a human super canon. Redirecting energy is a bit of a self preservation thing, that is to say, if she gets shot with energy / electrocuted she is going to redirect that energy somewhere whether she wants to or not. She usually will redirect beam / electric type energy through her hands but not always.

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:09 am
User Image

User ImageB A S I C S

hometown. Ronth

family. Agatha Moor (Mother), Augustus Moor (Father), Virita Moor (Paternal Aunt)

powers. Dani’s abilities are natural; she was born with them. She doesn’t know when they manifested because they require interaction with another power, so they may have been ‘active’ for a number of years before she notived. Electronics have been shorting out around her for as long as she could remember.

sidekick academy. When Dani became aware of her powers she was interested in exploring them. She tried all kinds of power amplification / redirection with the things available to her (like electricity) but she was limited and had no one to help her. She ended up going too far and almost blew up a federal building. Shortly there after she was approached about entering the academy where she would finally have the resources and training she needed. By this time she was more timid about her powers but she was still eager to learn more about them, so she accepted the invitation. She was sixteen at the time.

B A C K S T O R Y

There are two main reasons someone becomes a hero, personal tragedy and strong sense of injustice. Danica has neither of these motivations. She came to the academy to learn more about her powers and how to use them. She is there as more of an academic curiosity than out of any real heroic intentions.

Dani’s parents were nice, well rounded people with good jobs and steady lives. They lived in a nice are of town and were well off enough to give Dani a great childhood. She went to all the best schools, had all the best stuff and all the best friends. As a family they were content and happy. There were no great mysteries or trials in her life. She became aware of her powers when she was twelve years old; she had been walking home after a heavy storm down a flooded street when a power line snapped and landed in the water. Over the next few years she experimented and tested to see what her limits were and how much control she had over electricity. It wasn’t until much later that she learned about her power boosting abilities or that she could redirect any kind of energy, not just electricity. Shortly before being ‘discovered’ by the academy Dani had gone through a bit of a rebellious phase. She was going through much the typical teenage drama – no one understands me, I don’t belong, etc etc etc – although in her case it might have been slightly justified. No one else in her family or circle of friends were ‘different’ like she was, so she went out to find people who were.

She found who she was looking for in a group of kids from ‘the wrong side of the tracks’. They were street kids mostly, with too much power and a chip on their shoulders. Each one of them had a problem with somebody and were prepared to do just about anything to see their scores settled. Dani was uncomfortable at first but they were ‘her people’ and she adjusted quickly. It was among them that she learned of the other side of her powers and they saw right away how useful someone with her talents could be for them. She got swept up into their drama, quickly loosing whatever objective point of view she might had. They weren’t bad kids, not really, but they couldn’t see past the ends of their noses. Although much of what they did was harmless their activities quickly became more and more dangerous until one day they decided to go after a judge on the mod’s payroll; an evil man responsible for keeping many dangerous men on the streets. Dani thought they were just going to scare him but the judge had been responsible for the release of the man who killed one of the kid’s parents and he wanted revenge. The kid was a telekinetic but he wasn’t strong enough to bring the building down without Dani’s help. She tried to stop him but the more distressed she became the stronger she made his powers. She ended up stopping him by shooting him with electricity from the building’s power supply. It didn’t kill him, but it left him comatose and she had not been fast enough to save the corrupt judge. But she could not make herself feel bad about how things ended.

Knowing now how dangerous her power could be around other people like her Dani quickly removed herself from that scene, but it was not long after that that she was approached by people from the academy. She was hesitant at first about being around people who might use her again but her curiosity (and the promise of morally well adjusted peers) won her over.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:11 am
User Image

User ImageR O O K I E . L E V E L

meet & greet - welcome to the academy. The school year begins with an assembly of all the teachers, mentors and new students. The Captain leads the ceremonies until a disturbance caused by Black Rose, Heartbreaker and Leviathan makes him and the other ‘old guard’ heroes to leave, but Damien / Night Stalker takes over and gives the students their new room assignments and something that Dani had not been expecting; a roommate! By coincidence she had already been standing right beside the girl she would be living with, a pretty blond girl with strange eyes named Basia Hartington. (July 7th, 2011; ORP)

roommates, new. Danica gets to know her new roommate Basia (played by Tnau). They hit it off right away and each of the girls gets to know their powers a bit better while they get to know each other. (August 2nd, 2011; PRP with Basia Hartington / Gateway)

a jammin junction gym class. First day of class and Dani already has gym. Their first challenge is a deadly obstacle course; not something you would see in a typical gym class! Hardly anyone makes it through on their first try but maybe Dani and her partner, Clowrey (played by Souru), can. The two girls find out that they work well together, and get a leg up on the competition by doing a little bit of subtle recon before the games begin. (August 9th, 2011; PRP with Clowrey Eir / Clairvere)

a peaceful place. Dani and Anemone meet for the first time in the academy’s library. (August 9th, 2011; PRP with Anemone Pfeiffer / Galileo)

use the limit breaker attack. (August 25th, 2011; PRP with Straffe Einreihard / Sunburst)

surprise tag. (October 11th, 2011; PRP with Juno Tsing / Sharp Shooter)

pick-up basketball. (October 11th, 2011; ORP)

recks ruthur's great escape. (November 10th, 2011; Solo Mission)

annual megapolis charity ball. omgsomuch (December 15th, 2011; ORP)

dancing shoes. soul-sucking necklaces, oh my (February 20th, 2012; PRP with Straffe Einreihard / Sunburst)

a CATastrophe. (February 20th, 2012; Solo Mission)

recks ruthur's great escape (round two). (March 21st, 2012; Solo Mission)

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:11 am
User Image

User ImageUser Image ’’’ GATEWAY ’’’ Basia Hartington

’’’▅▅▅▅▅▅ ✔ - Friends

’’’ Basia is a pretty neat chick. She can create portals,which is awesome,
’’’ and also unlikely to cause property damage is inadvertently spiked. Which
’’’ is a good thing, since I am going to be rooming with her for rookie year.

User Image’’’ CLAIRVERE ’’’ Clowrey Eir

’’’▅▅▅▅▅▅ ✔ - Frienemies

’’’ Clow is a bit crazy, but she is a good person. I would trust her to have my
’’’ back when I need it.

User Image’’’ SUNBURST ’’’ Straffe Einreihard

’’’▅▅▅▅▅▅ ✔ - Friends

User Image’’’ GALILEO ’’’ Anemone Bianca Pfeiffer

’’’▅▅▅▅▅▅ ✔ - Friends

User Image’’’ SHARP SHOOTER ’’’ Juno Tsing

’’’▅▅▅▅▅▅ ✔ -

User Image’’’ BLACK BLOOD ’’’ Zonecoolever

’’’▅▅▅▅▅▅ ✔ -  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:14 am
User Image

User ImageR O O K I E . T O . S I D E K I C K

total. 10 of 10

Set up journal (1 point)
[ORP] Meet & Greet - Welcome to Sidekick Academy (2 points)
[PRP] Roommates, New (2 points)
[PRP] Jammin' Junction Gym Class (2 points, in progress)
[PRP] A Quiet Place (2 points, in progress)
[PRP] Use the Limit Breaker Attack! (2 points, in progress)
[PRP] Surprise Tag (2 points, in progress)
[ORP] Pick-Up Basket Ball (3 points, in progress)
Solo Mission - Rex Ruthor's Escape (2 points)
[ORP] Christmas Event (2 points)
[PRP] Dancing Shoes (2 points, in progress)
Solo Mission - CATastrophe (1 point)
Solo Mission - Rex Ruthor's Escape (2 points, in progress)
Growth Quest - Rookie to Sidekick (0 points, in progress)

S I D E K I C K . T O . H E R O

total. 0 of 35

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:02 pm
User Image

User ImageF A V O U R I T E S

flavour. Blueberry

P L A Y L I S T

Go On by Basia Bulat
Somebody I Used to Know by Gotye (ft. Kimba)
I’m With You by Avril Lavigne
Listen to Your Heart by Roxette
Hermit the Frog by Marina and the Diamonds

D O R M . & . B E L O N G I N G S
User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image

P H O T O A L B U M
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:00 am

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:53 am

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:10 am

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:39 pm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:33 am
MY FAVOURITE...

SHIPS: Binary/Phoenix, Juno/Anemone, BB/Clowrey, Damien/Flo, Theo/Basia (y u so cute?), Dani/Straffe (HOTSTUFFMAN)
CRACK!SHIPS: Anemone/Leviathan, Cap/Binary, Cap/Binary/Phoenix, Damien/BB emotion_awesome

FRIENDSHIPS: Clowrey/Anemone, Dani/Clowrey

"SIBLINGS":

Username: AndrAIa
Character to be grown: Danica T Moor -- "Conduit"
Artist: Mori
Growth stage: From Rookie to Sidekick
Want the same artist? I would like to stick with Mori, for constancy's sake (I love everyone's style though OnO .)
Any changes in appearance? I love the lines on the front of Dani's costume, so something that incorporates that would be cool OuO . Maybe something tron/circuit-board-esque with lines and loops and circles and such xx xx xx xx. Although, maybe not XD ! I have horrible visual imagination. You did a fantastic job with her the first time, so I am perfectly willing to leave this up to you ^___^ . I would definitely like for her to have a mask this level though; I was thinking something without any eyes. Maybe with some markings on it to watch the costume. Um... um... um... yeah OuO . Hair wise... what ever XD ? Maybe a bit longer?
Here we go: lolbadsketchisbad. Dark blue base, yellow markings, visor type mask, circuit board / tron / tribal type markings. Ultimate design choices are up to you d(o u o)b . Have fun!  

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:34 am

Future post order information: xxx
User Image
[align=center][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=21791463][img]http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a458/SerenityValley/SidekickAcademy/etc/danibanner.png[/img][/url][/align]
[size=11][/size]

Dear Diary [Journals]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces