Welcome to Gaia! ::

Darkaznstargoddess
Good evening. A few questions.

4. How does the ATA work, do you guys all gather in a conference room with a huge screen that displays our questions and then talk over how to address it or are you guys all in different rooms?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

IRL Gekko

Princess-Orphelia
Why is it that every time I visit the AtA I get hungry? gonk

Does this mean I gotta bake some biscuits or something? rofl
It is part of our ongoing subtle campaign to get users to bake cookies and mail them to us. cat_ninja

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
We do have a lightweight forum feature, which at least would make that less painful on the 3DS -- check out Gaia Labs.

Shiki-niisan
Hello my dear admins :3

I would like to know if you guys are going to make a simplified gaiaonline.com, you know m.gaiaonline.com or something cause it's kind of a pain to surf gaia on a 3DS and take forever to load the page that sometimes won't even load because "the page is too cluttered" in simplified words. Or as I would normally say, it has too much s**t and my 3DS can't load it emotion_donotwant xD...

Also, which came first, the egg or the chicken? 8D

Edit: Also, are you guys ever going to come to Montreal for cons?.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Princess-Orphelia

Perhaps because it moves so fast it is like running and you work up an appetite? Or maybe it bores you so you want to eat out of boredom? Either way...mmmmm....biscuits!! yum_bacon yum_pumpkinpie

-Sisky

Friendly Citizen

siskataya
Death Before Dish0nor
Megidramon
Why isn't all the way beyond pg-13 sex talk in the CB being moderated?

Same with General Discussion. I feel like they get away with too much. So many trolls in that forum. Is there any way to reclaim control of the GD?

Heya Death Before Dish0nor,

Thanks for the comment! We do have plans for reshaping the GD this year, but we are still working on the best plan to accomplish this task. I'm sorry I don't have more details for you right now, but since it is still a work in progress, I'd rather not promise we will be doing something specific in case it turns out we have to change that plan.

As for the trolling, trolling is not allowed anywhere on Gaia, in the GD or not. If you see anyone trolling or being abusive, please report the content so it can be moderated.

Take care biggrin
Sisky

Thanks Sisky ♥

I appreciate your time and understand.

Do you happen to know if there will be more guild features such as a separate feed on "My Gaia" strictly for Guilds in that..we'll be informed of which forums have been recently posted in?[kind of like an active facebook feed of forums that have been posted in]. It'd give a chance for guilds to be more active and not have them die out because members are not aware that the there was any activity and posts made.

Aged Genius

KitsunEva

would clicking the chat and/or emotes be modified so you can still move with arrows and chat without having to select anything?
(i know it's not an immediate thing, just wondering the direction it's headed if this is to be adopted for the other flash spaces since i frequent them quite often)

I'm not sure what you mean about the arrows and chat.

I'm refining the flash spaces every day. If anyone misses posting in this ATA, you can post in the new towns forum here

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/towns-2-0/t.78071015/

you can also post in the bug forums or shoot me a Pm for any problems you are having with the flash spaces.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
SS2-SITH LORD
Hello Admin!
I was wondering...

1.How many votes does it take to get a popular thread?

2.When is Monster Galaxy going to be released on Gaia?

3.And thank you for getting rid of the Ghost Fish!

1. I don't know if there is actually a specific number to get to popular, I'm fairly certain it a ratio of <3 to </3 votes. What that ratio is though? I'm not sure, someone else might though.

IRL Conventioneer

11,500 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
biglanky14
Le Avant Garde
With the Zodiacal fully evolved now, do you have any plans for a slower evolving evolving item?

If so, can you give us some spoilers? emotion_kirakira

And as far as Gaia meetups, do you guys just choose random places, or is there a method to where you choose to go?
I'd love it if you came to Fresno, California emo

He's not here right now, but shoot a PM to DJ Helsing and he'll give you the right answer smile

There is definately a method to how we decide which conventions we will be attending. With regards to Socal we will be at WonderCon this coming weekend as well as at Anime Expo in July and Comic-Con in July.

Dapper Dabbler

SS2-SITH LORD
Hello Admin!
I was wondering...

How many votes does it take to get a popular thread?

When is Monster Galaxy going to be released on Gaia?

And thank you for getting rid of the Ghost Fish!

My wife also had some suggestions regarding the voting system.
ralphy71889

Regarding thread votes:

1. Remove </3 voting. (If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.)

2. Make the last 10 users that voted names visible to the thread owner only. It's affects the owner mostly, so it doesn't need to be made public. I would say have a comment box attached, but spamming would only point to trolls and nothing would get solved anyway.

3. I think lots of </3 votes aren't just from trolls, but people that are on ignored lists trying to make their presense known. Make it so that those people can't vote at all or make it an auto <3 vote (though I'd personally rather the first option).

Any combination of these would probably solve the problems with the voting system.

Hi Sith,

1) I have no idea - that sounds like top secret Gaia stuff that we keep in a vault.
2) It should be soon. We're trying to fix a gnarly bug with Friends at the moment, but once that's done we should be good to go.
3) You're welcome (I'll take credit even though I had absolutely zero to do with it smile

And thanks for the suggestions on the downvoting. We'll keep those in mind when we take a look at the system (although not sure exactly when that'll be).

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
YES! I finally made it to an Ask The Admin!

1. Are the imps and centaurs gonna come back any time soon?

2. Will mermaids ever show up? Mermaids are awesome and there aren't enough here. </3

3. What other fixes are you planning to implement for Alchemy? As of now, it's still pretty much impossible to make even low-level items.

Tenacious Hellhound

I love the spring cleaning forum and how users got to suggest and vote what they wanted done.
We will getting more of that in the future?
Yes, no or maybe?

Scurvy Pirate

Naiyala
User Image

This is my first AtA, and I can only really think of one question for the time being.

Is there a reason that Frontier Skies doesn't stay up year round? It reminds me a little of Oregon Trail and I like playing it a lot, but it's gone more than half the time that I can get on Gaia.

Unfortunately, Frontier Skies was taken down due to a severe exploit and an overall lack of use on the site. We currently don't plan to put it back up as it would require extensive rewriting which we do not currently have resources for.

Malevolent Perfectionist

18,550 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
Darkly_Doomed
Also if you answer my questions can you please quote me or send me some form of notification? Otherwise I may not see the answers, and that would be unpleasant.

Psssst......they always quote you when they reply to another user's posts. You'll see a notification about it (if you have them enabled) in "My Gaia".

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
biglanky14
Darkaznstargoddess
Good evening. A few questions.

1. When will the inventory organizing be upgraded? Any way it can sort by color, a-z, or sort by item type? The current system takes too long to organize. @.@;

2. Why are the walking dawn items still in cash shop? Uh.. Halloween was how long ago?

3. When will there be another cash shop clean up?

4. How does the ATA work, do you guys all gather in a conference room with a huge screen that displays our questions and then talk over how to address it or are you guys all in different rooms?

5. Why did the r/c [Request and commission] forum become art shops forum?

Hi Darkaznstargoddess,

1) This is on our list of projects to tackle at some point, but to do it really right is going to take a lot of work. So I can't give you a good timeframe right now.

2) Do you mean the Walking Dead items? It's because the show is still on (finale is next week).

3) Not sure, honestly.

4) We put NASA to shame! Huge screens, some TVs, about 24 guys in a room. Or us at our desks close to each other smile

5) B/c there were a lot of different types of art shops (some requests, some auctions, etc.). By naming it "requests/commissions" it was too narrow, and people were either confused or reporting stuff that should be ok to be in there.

whee Thank you Mr.Lanky!
Sounds high tech~

Zero Omega

3. Main screen turn on. We get signal. Question from user Darkaznstargoddess. Answer? Y/N?
rofl

Romantic Genius

Harbinger of Pandamonium
Princess-Orphelia

It is part of our ongoing subtle campaign to get users to bake cookies and mail them to us. cat_ninja

Ok. It's a done deal, I can do that. But would you want them to travel all the way from Australia? gonk Won't they get stale? 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff