Welcome to Gaia! ::

Retro Punk

I got a question about " create an item contest for crosstich".

If we print it out and then rescan it. And the scan turns out to be a much bigger file size than the template will you guys accept it??

Distinct Explorer

Magnificent Moonbeam
*pulls out cherry and white chocolate scones for those who'd like to try some*
never had scones before. I'll try the chocolate one

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Have you had your Alchemy meeting yet?

Have you guys decided how you're going to handle items that are in danger of going extinct due to consumption through Alchemy?

Where's the "big announcement" we were promised last week? We're almost a month past zOMG's official change to "maintenance mode" and there's been no site-wide announcement regarding zOMG's status and your decisions. I feel that's very disrespectful to keep your customers in the dark about decisions that concern a feature that people are still paying for.

Invisible Cat

Hell_Tutor
Lanzer
Darkaznstargoddess
Good evening. A few questions.

4. How does the ATA work, do you guys all gather in a conference room with a huge screen that displays our questions and then talk over how to address it or are you guys all in different rooms?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I KNEW IT|!
The HQ is actually in the NASA super secret airbase!!!!
SHOW ME YOUR DEATH STAR!
Does it have yoru face in it, Lanzer?
MMMMH?
Like that creepy moon from Majora's mask but not really?

Nah you know they are really playing WOW as they answer our questions wink .

Romantic Genius

Fractale
Princess-Orphelia
Why is it that every time I visit the AtA I get hungry? gonk

Does this mean I gotta bake some biscuits or something? rofl
I've been eating Baja shrimp tacos since ATA started.

Bring some biscuits next time

Ohh! Taco's blaugh Me likey. I'd love to bring some Aussie foods to everyone. Especially baked Biscuits. My mum makes the best 3 tier Custard, chocolate, cream sponge cake. xp

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Lanzer
Darkaznstargoddess
Good evening. A few questions.

4. How does the ATA work, do you guys all gather in a conference room with a huge screen that displays our questions and then talk over how to address it or are you guys all in different rooms?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Whoa that's crazy. It does look like NASA. rofl Almost like my dad's workstation he uses at home. He has like 5 screen up for his job, xd .

Feral Dog

Hello Admins.

This question is about guilds.
Are the threads there so different in set up that you can't copy the coding/script/or what have you from the main threads to guilds?
Or at least the thing that makes the BBC coding easier?

I kinda asked the same thing a few weeks ago, though it was in a more negative light.
>>;

Celebrating Gaian

biglanky14
SS2-SITH LORD
Hello Admin!
I was wondering...

How many votes does it take to get a popular thread?

When is Monster Galaxy going to be released on Gaia?

And thank you for getting rid of the Ghost Fish!

My wife also had some suggestions regarding the voting system.
ralphy71889

Regarding thread votes:

1. Remove </3 voting. (If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.)

2. Make the last 10 users that voted names visible to the thread owner only. It's affects the owner mostly, so it doesn't need to be made public. I would say have a comment box attached, but spamming would only point to trolls and nothing would get solved anyway.

3. I think lots of </3 votes aren't just from trolls, but people that are on ignored lists trying to make their presense known. Make it so that those people can't vote at all or make it an auto <3 vote (though I'd personally rather the first option).

Any combination of these would probably solve the problems with the voting system.

Hi Sith,

1) I have no idea - that sounds like top secret Gaia stuff that we keep in a vault.
2) It should be soon. We're trying to fix a gnarly bug with Friends at the moment, but once that's done we should be good to go.
3) You're welcome (I'll take credit even though I had absolutely zero to do with it smile

And thanks for the suggestions on the downvoting. We'll keep those in mind when we take a look at the system (although not sure exactly when that'll be).

Top secret Eh? I could compare current popular threads in forums and draw my own conclusion revealing your top secret formula to all of gaia.
But that would be time consuming and i still wouldn't be sure! gonk

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Harbinger of Pandamonium
Princess-Orphelia
Harbinger of Pandamonium
Princess-Orphelia
Why is it that every time I visit the AtA I get hungry? gonk

Does this mean I gotta bake some biscuits or something? rofl
It is part of our ongoing subtle campaign to get users to bake cookies and mail them to us. cat_ninja

Ok. It's a done deal, I can do that. But would you want them to travel all the way from Australia? gonk Won't they get stale? 3nodding
I would be more afraid of spiders sneaking in. EVERYTHING IN AUSTRALIA IS POISONOUS

Wombats aren't poisonous! stare

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
SS2-SITH LORD
Zero Omega
SS2-SITH LORD
Hello Admin!
I was wondering...

1.How many votes does it take to get a popular thread?

2.When is Monster Galaxy going to be released on Gaia?

3.And thank you for getting rid of the Ghost Fish!

1. I don't know if there is actually a specific number to get to popular, I'm fairly certain it a ratio of <3 to </3 votes. What that ratio is though? I'm not sure, someone else might though.

I was assuming that it must be a ratio starting after a certain number. Obviously you can't be popular with only 5 <3's. I also heard rumor it is different for each forum. Do you perhaps know who would be suited for the answer to my question?

That I wouldn't know, sorry. xd

Aged Sex Symbol

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Lanzer
Shiki-niisan
Hello my dear admins :3

I would like to know if you guys are going to make a simplified gaiaonline.com, you know m.gaiaonline.com or something cause it's kind of a pain to surf gaia on a 3DS and take forever to load the page that sometimes won't even load because "the page is too cluttered" in simplified words. Or as I would normally say, it has too much s**t and my 3DS can't load it emotion_donotwant xD...

Also, which came first, the egg or the chicken? 8D

Edit: Also, are you guys ever going to come to Montreal for cons?.

Sorry but we used to have a mobile version but with little people using it we eventually dropped the project. The truly mobile version remains to be the iPhone/iTouch version.

The chicken, who came from the dinosaurs.

First we'll need to teach DJ Helsing how to speak French! Kidding aside, DJ had been planning on cities to reach this year and he should be keeping everyone posted.

Omg, I swear, you must be my long lost father from another life. emotion_dowant

And aww, Sad fais that the project was dropped emotion_donotwant

AND, TO DJ HELSING'S BLOG!

Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions :3

Playful Lover

16,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Uncle Kenny
Naiyala

This is my first AtA, and I can only really think of one question for the time being.

Is there a reason that Frontier Skies doesn't stay up year round? It reminds me a little of Oregon Trail and I like playing it a lot, but it's gone more than half the time that I can get on Gaia.

Unfortunately, Frontier Skies was taken down due to a severe exploit and an overall lack of use on the site. We currently don't plan to put it back up as it would require extensive rewriting which we do not currently have resources for.
User Image

An exploit? O.o

Aww, alright. I'm gonna miss that game. :/

Well, thanks for answering my question anyways. smile

Magical Explorer

22,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Lanzer
armadillodreamer
Hi Lanzer! When lite fish were first released, we were told that the lite drops would contain mostly alchemy components. Now we're being told that lite fish are primarily designed so that people can have a variety of fish in their aquarium even if they don't keep a tank for Booty Grab. What gives? The lite drops are mostly garbage, not mostly items for alchemy! Why were we told the wrong information initially? If the team changed their minds and decided not to use lite drops for alchemy, then what is the reasoning behind that?

It seems like alchemy needs to move forward. I was expecting baby steps, but these aren't baby steps. This just standing still.

I'm sorry for the mis-information. Initially the lite fishes were made specifically for Gaians to have free fishes for their aquariums. Anything above that was added on later when a Gaian requested the fish drop items to be alchemy items.

Lots of lite fishes were granted because they were initially meant to just be fishes for aquarium. With the large amount of fishes that have been granted for the past month, we then need to be careful about the payout so that the alchemy items won't flood the market.

We will continue to adjust the alchemy system and make improvements to it, and I'm sorry that the drop item didn't meet my promise.

Like the original poster, I am very disappointed in the Lite fish drops. In the announcement on February 2nd you said about them:

"- They drop different items, mostly items for alchemy"

I don't understand what you mean when you say that the drops having alchemy items was added on later, or about your concern for alchemy items flooding the market. I, like many people, wanted alchemy components for myself since many of them are extremely rare and ridiculously expensive. I don't want to start alchemy and have to quit because I'm bankrupt before I've reached the second level. The market for alchemy items is very overinflated and needs to be brought down.

Rather than an apology, the Lite drops need to be changed to reflect what we were told they were going to be.
Anything less is breaking trust with your users.

Tiny Friend

12,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Timid 100
Panagrammic
We have a list of forbidden strings -- any new names and/or name changes are checked against those.

Musical Panda
And every time you ask him for another vanishing act,
he half smiles as if to say...

Alright, weird question time. Users have known for a while that certain words or references to Gaia staff are not allowed in usernames as a way to combat scammers. However, when going to change my username to something not taken and not offensive, I received this message:

Invalid username: Your username is in conflict with administration names. We kindly ask you to choose another username that will not confuse other users.

How exactly is it determined that the username is in conflict with admin names?

..."Whatever you want,
whatever you want,
whatever you want is fine by me."
And every time you ask him for another vanishing act,
he half smiles as if to say...

Thank you! Sounds like a secret vault filled with mysterious, unknown languages.

..."Whatever you want,
whatever you want,
whatever you want is fine by me."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out