Welcome to Gaia! ::

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
Staff

Shout out to Lanzer for todays round of Ask the Lanzer.
Appreciate your responsiveness. heart

Lavish Duck

18,550 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
  • Wing Mastery 100
jenru
marketplace

So it's often asked to "fix inflation", but I'm curious, what can Gaia as a site actually do?
if people want to price things at crazy prices they can. so how can inflation actually be fixed?
Fixing extreme item scarcity would go a long way with fixing inflation. Less scarcity = more listings = more price competition = less inflation.
noahnoah711
Games
In one of the recent ATS threads Lanzer said that there would be an Integrity event in zOMG. Do you have an estimate of when this event might take place?

Sorry we don't have a specific date yet, but I've been trying to get the event ideas and mechanics wrapped up.

King IV's Queen

Sexy Wife

Lanzer
Queen Long Money
2nd attempt

Shops
When will you have smaller denominations in the cash shop?

The announcements show 1000 GCash etc. cards, but it is not in the shop.

If this in fact a template, please revise because we go to the shop looking for the denominations you are advertising only to see they are not available, just the very expensive ones.

Sorry there is probably a mistake on the graphic or the gift card.  Will talk to the team about this.

thank you for responding but then does that mean you will not longer offer 500 and 1000 gaia cash cards?

Janky_HotTub's Princess

Taken Sweetheart

15,450 Points
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • The Sweetest 250
Items

More small requests for some alpaca/llama items ;;
Auubbrreeyyy
Marketplace
Hello, would it be possible to add a feature to be able to search specific items in the premade outfits?

That's a good idea.  We will look into adding more metadata to outfits so they're more easily searchable.

Friendly Explorer

9,850 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
What do you think of these cheeks?

Salty Cat

23,900 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Lanzer
Auubbrreeyyy
Marketplace
Hello, would it be possible to add a feature to be able to search specific items in the premade outfits?

That's a good idea.  We will look into adding more metadata to outfits so they're more easily searchable.

Thank you!
+[Skarekrow]+
A Fart in the Wind
+[Skarekrow]+
Items

Inflation is still beyond ridiculous despite implementing a new currency. It's getting exhausting.
User Image

ABP is reasonable considering the age/rarity of the item. BUT it looks like users are purposely trying to inflate it by only listing it high.

It's crappy, but I highly doubt they would ever implement price ceilings or anything like that. Would be extremely unpopular to do so.
Then there's this item I was keeping an eye on
User Image
User Image

and this item

User Image

We need better ways of tracking items and how they sell besides just graphs. This is another reason why Gaia shouldn't always go by ABP when re-releasing items. So now if that Cake item sells for 8t changing the ABP and becomes unlisted for a while are they going to sell it for $30 or something?

I'd highly recommend switching to platinum. You get 1-5k per day from the daily drop stuff and that first item you linked is 30k in platinum instead of the insane numbers in gold. No matter what they do now, gold will also look insane to anyone.

Helpful Puppy

36,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Doggone It! 100
A Fart in the Wind
jenru
marketplace

So it's often asked to "fix inflation", but I'm curious, what can Gaia as a site actually do?
if people want to price things at crazy prices they can. so how can inflation actually be fixed?
Fixing extreme item scarcity would go a long way with fixing inflation. Less scarcity = more listings = more price competition = less inflation.

oh good point! but if it's less scarce why would someone buy it in Cloud 9 for 1200CG.
sorry that was salty, but that seems to be the reason for "rare items".

trust me Gaia, I'll give you my money anyway! i'm working on saving the RW to get a ticket.
someday.
Throttle Kitty
items
Can we please get a "Catpun" tag for all the items that's names are cat related puns? There's a bunch of different items with names that are cat puns, that show up in like 8 different tags like "cat" "kitty" "purr" "meow" and "feline"

I know updating old items with new tags is a pain and low priority, but this one bugs me more than others because even just finding these items in my inventory is a pain!

The user suggested tag and approval system is get an update where your suggested tag should be added to the system in the timely manner.  That should help with your request

Lavish Duck

18,550 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
  • Wing Mastery 100
jenru
A Fart in the Wind
jenru
marketplace

oh good point! but if it's less scarce why would someone buy it in Cloud 9 for 1200CG.
sorry that was salty, but that seems to be the reason for "rare items".

trust me Gaia, I'll give you my money anyway! i'm working on saving the RW to get a ticket.
someday.
Exactly. It feels like they pretend to care about inflation but lowkey encourage it because it makes them money. rolleyes

In a relationship with a fictitious character

Monster Lover

TheOpenBox
+[Skarekrow]+
A Fart in the Wind
+[Skarekrow]+
Items

Inflation is still beyond ridiculous despite implementing a new currency. It's getting exhausting.
User Image

ABP is reasonable considering the age/rarity of the item. BUT it looks like users are purposely trying to inflate it by only listing it high.

It's crappy, but I highly doubt they would ever implement price ceilings or anything like that. Would be extremely unpopular to do so.
Then there's this item I was keeping an eye on
User Image
User Image

and this item

User Image

We need better ways of tracking items and how they sell besides just graphs. This is another reason why Gaia shouldn't always go by ABP when re-releasing items. So now if that Cake item sells for 8t changing the ABP and becomes unlisted for a while are they going to sell it for $30 or something?

I'd highly recommend switching to platinum. You get 1-5k per day from the daily drop stuff and that first item you linked is 30k in platinum instead of the insane numbers in gold. No matter what they do now, gold will also look insane to anyone.
Switching doesn't get rid of the inflation sadly. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
stripman
Marketplace

Hello,

Currently there still stands a very pesky bug where after winning a bid you are not granted the item nor are you notified about winning! This leads to the possible chance of missing an item you won and also losing that cold hard plat you spent time earning.

Here's a bid a friend recently won that didn't grant them the item.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As a side note there are still ghost listing in the market place as well for many items.

We've implemented a fail check but strangely there are still some failed transactions.  We'll spend more time debugging this issue again this week.

Sahagin's Waifu

Timid Friend

misc.

i think with the way this site has been moving, you need to strictly increase your site management before anything else

you need to make this site better and more welcoming for your current users, and thus also for new users
and in order to do that you need to start implementing things that are going to be getting the repeat offenders off of the site
text confirmation for accounts, actually IP banning people as every other site on the internet does it, but for some reason you people refuse to, literally anything else

for gods sake, 4chan has better moderation than this site, and i really do think that's saying something

why doesn't gaia take notes from sites hundreds of times its size that do moderation significantly better
there's going to be hiccups no matter what, but being your base is SO small, it's much more common to see here
and it really really needs to stop

you're not going to answer me, you're going to tell me my question is "hard and thus must be talked about with the moderation team"
but i sure do hope you read this

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces