Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500
User Image

Items

I know that there are quite a few layers for avatars. And I know there really isn't a whole lot that can be done to let us layer the items the way we would like to, like on tektek. I think with certain items like gloves, shoes, and jewelry/ accessories . When they are released make them on a few layers so we can pick which layer we want to use it. Kind of like the kitsune mask. That item you can use over your hair or under your bangs.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Feature: Welcoming Fairy

I posted something in the Site Feedback regarding this but...

Is there a way to update some of the messages the Welcoming Fairy gives like for Achievements and zOMG! That way newcomers don't get confused or disappointed that a feature doesn't show or no longer exists?

A Furry

33,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hop, Hop, BOOM 500
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
Finni
This sounds like a great idea! We support any fan-made projects as long as no profit is being made off of it. If you would like to do something commercial, please let us know.

Alright! Thank you, Finni! heart

Bloodthirsty Bunny

Vannequin
Items
Will we be getting items/recolours in deep richer shades of purple anytime soon? emotion_kirakira
e.g. User ImageUser ImageUser Image
We plan to make recolors in all colors of the rainbow. 4laugh

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Angeni1
Scobre
Today will be my last day at Gaiaonline. I find it fitting timing since I joined Gaiaonline because of zOMG! to leave because of it now. It will always hold a special part of my heart and it was my favorite and first MMO. I knew when I joined that the game was in trouble since I joined Gaiaonline on February 10th, 2010 after my brother had told me that Qixter had left zOMG! I came from the Sims 2 community and I was always frustrated with that game that I couldn’t kill the gnomes and flamingos in it. My brother showed me village greens and I became hooked on the game and happy I could seek revenge on them. Since then I’ve been able to crew with my brother and sister and met many friends along the way. zOMG! saved my life and helped me get through many difficult times with my fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, and chronic back pain. I liked that the game was casual enough to not cause me stress, yet silly enough to make me laugh. I guess I was one of the hardcore players since I was able to find time to play every day. I still remember the drunk nights of smebbing seeing Marshall look all swirly which was extremely funny. I did a personal record time of most time spent on Gaia with the 36 hour run in Dead Man’s Shadow for my first Kamila Bloodlust kill and wanted to quit to sleep, but friends kept me going. The community, the experience, and pure silliness is what I loved most about the game.

I’m not mad at you Gaia for closing the game, just disappointed. I actually want to thank past staff [ JK ] and s2b2 for keeping the game going as long as it did. I no longer find an entertainment and social value on Gaiaonline, so I will seek it elsewhere with Aura Kingdom and a Gaian run site recolor.me in case you want to record the stats and reasons why Gaians leave the site. Only advice I can give you Gaia is to listen to your user base because if you don’t try to compromise with them, then they will not support you financially and retention will decrease. They pay for the experience not just the virtual avatar products. I’ve read Gaia compare themselves to a supermarket and a pool with a snack bar before, but if all they offer is an ATM machine with rows of moldy food aka site features, they will seek competitor sites. Gaia Interactive is a service company first with just virtual product perks second. So long and thanks for all the fish Gaia. Continue to be as passionate, smart, and creative as you are community and never feel scared to fight for your favorite feature in a civil manner. I know many of you are different and have different tastes and opinions, but at the end of the day you are all one awesome community of Gaians.

Features

Since zOMG! is one of the newer features of the site, wouldn’t everything else on the site be a huge security risk considering how many more years the coding for them hasn’t been updated?

I am on ghe verge myself...if they close aquariums and dont make changes or update us on it. Good luck...I have already found a new site im quite happy at part time while i wait to see what they do

Sad that you might be leaving soon too. I've always appreciated how supportive the BG and Aquarium community was to zOMG! I hope the same fate doesn't befall your community and that you will receive an update soon. That's nice you found another site too and thank you.

Romantic Prophet

12,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
Zero Omega
Angeni1
Features

Question: Do you plan on closing down aquariums as well?

No, no plans to shut down Aquariums.

Do you have plans for Aquariums?

Fusion Winner

16,725 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
lets see
you killed back yard monsters, killed resort world you killed monster galaxy now zomg

WHY ??

Bloodthirsty Bunny

Bee Movie Suit
Items:

Could we see an olivish green recolor of the Simmering Astras? I'd love to have some wavy stink lines. Maybe some animated flies too.
User ImageUser Image

I will pass on this request! emotion_kirakira

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Knight Yoshi
Features: (bugs & fixes)
So sometimes when following certain links, such as http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.94469113_9/?_gaia_t_=4896&mygntcid=544877 the gaia-modal has set an absurd position top value, such as 5317.53px for no reason. When changing pages in a thread where there are even less and/or shorter posts than the previous page, it causes the page to scroll seemingly endlessly. Also multiple modals are added to the page (all receive the same CSS top value).

Steps to recreate:
  1. http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.94469113_9/?_gaia_t_=4896&mygntcid=544877
  2. Go to page 2
  3. scroll and scroll and scroll

Please fix your JavaScript, a simple if-statement to check if the top value is larger than the height of the post_container when the PJAX event is finished would solve it. neutral
Here’s a simple pure JS solution I came up with in just a few minutes
var postContainer = document.querySelector('#post_container')
var modals = document.querySelectorAll('.gaia-modal-modul')
Array.prototype.forEach.call(modals, function (modal) {
var modalTop = parseFloat(modal.style.top.replace('px', ''))
if (modalTop > postContainer.clientHeight) {
modal.style.top = ((postContainer.clientHeight / 2) - (modal.clientHeight)).toString() + 'px'
}
})

Of course you can use whatever calculation you want to set the height, that's just what I used for this purpose.

Indeed, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Romantic Prophet

12,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
Scobre
Angeni1
Scobre
Today will be my last day at Gaiaonline. I find it fitting timing since I joined Gaiaonline because of zOMG! to leave because of it now. It will always hold a special part of my heart and it was my favorite and first MMO. I knew when I joined that the game was in trouble since I joined Gaiaonline on February 10th, 2010 after my brother had told me that Qixter had left zOMG! I came from the Sims 2 community and I was always frustrated with that game that I couldn’t kill the gnomes and flamingos in it. My brother showed me village greens and I became hooked on the game and happy I could seek revenge on them. Since then I’ve been able to crew with my brother and sister and met many friends along the way. zOMG! saved my life and helped me get through many difficult times with my fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, and chronic back pain. I liked that the game was casual enough to not cause me stress, yet silly enough to make me laugh. I guess I was one of the hardcore players since I was able to find time to play every day. I still remember the drunk nights of smebbing seeing Marshall look all swirly which was extremely funny. I did a personal record time of most time spent on Gaia with the 36 hour run in Dead Man’s Shadow for my first Kamila Bloodlust kill and wanted to quit to sleep, but friends kept me going. The community, the experience, and pure silliness is what I loved most about the game.

I’m not mad at you Gaia for closing the game, just disappointed. I actually want to thank past staff [ JK ] and s2b2 for keeping the game going as long as it did. I no longer find an entertainment and social value on Gaiaonline, so I will seek it elsewhere with Aura Kingdom and a Gaian run site recolor.me in case you want to record the stats and reasons why Gaians leave the site. Only advice I can give you Gaia is to listen to your user base because if you don’t try to compromise with them, then they will not support you financially and retention will decrease. They pay for the experience not just the virtual avatar products. I’ve read Gaia compare themselves to a supermarket and a pool with a snack bar before, but if all they offer is an ATM machine with rows of moldy food aka site features, they will seek competitor sites. Gaia Interactive is a service company first with just virtual product perks second. So long and thanks for all the fish Gaia. Continue to be as passionate, smart, and creative as you are community and never feel scared to fight for your favorite feature in a civil manner. I know many of you are different and have different tastes and opinions, but at the end of the day you are all one awesome community of Gaians.

Features

Since zOMG! is one of the newer features of the site, wouldn’t everything else on the site be a huge security risk considering how many more years the coding for them hasn’t been updated?

I am on ghe verge myself...if they close aquariums and dont make changes or update us on it. Good luck...I have already found a new site im quite happy at part time while i wait to see what they do

Sad that you might be leaving soon too. I've always appreciated how supportive the BG and Aquarium community was to zOMG! I hope the same fate doesn't befall your community and that you will receive an update soon. That's nice you found another site too and thank you.

Best of luck to you where ever your travels take you.
Sweet Angel Mary
features

Will neko nook and other mini-ci be put into go fusion?

We try to regularly cycle in all different types of items into GoFusion, keep your eyes peeled for more updates in the near future. =)

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500
Events

For the Halloween event there were suppose to be 12 achievements, but there were only 10. What happened to the last 2?

Stubborn Gifter

Items
Are you going to take my suggestion of making zOMG rings, Animated and summons into Astras? I'm pretty sure people will love it. >.>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff