Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Lover

11,800 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Generous 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Games
I just got in and not sure in anyone mention this... But I see there are some fish in the fishing hole, is there any attention on adding more fish in the shop (Phin Phang)???

Conservative Explorer

Will you guys make gold shop updates more common in the future?

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
its a curse
Druddigon
its a curse
Misc

Is Gaia closing down before or after the black friday sale?

I think it's been clear they aren't. neutral

It was also "clear" that zOMG wasn't closing down. wink

Enjoy your conspiracy ways then.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Misc
Why did my last two posts in this thread get deleted?

They were not abusive and merely told the truth that you seem to think your users are too stupid to comprehend.

I assure you, we're not.

Oh and anyone even semi-fluent in Java has noticed the severe inconsistency with your excuses about zOMG so you aren't fooling us there either. I suggest you guys just start telling us the truth from now on.

Bloodthirsty Bunny

Reed Meroe
Items

Are your trends of prioritizing female items over male ones and making arm/leg mods instead of separate pieces going to continue? (We need more male items, more pants, and more boots. Not mods.)

Also, thank you very much with your recent communication with users. In both the zOMG! clarification announcement and todays AtS, I've noticed much more transparency and depth in your responses. I, at least, appreciate it greatly. Thanks for working hard for all of the users.
Our userbase has more females than males, so we try to cater our items to the Gaia audience. If everyone suddenly switched to male base and only purchased male items, trust me, we would notice and cater accordingly!

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Zero Omega
Astra Green
Features: Forums: More organized art shops?

In the past there was this member known as Djubre that had a really sarcastic guide written about how to set up an art shop but it was something that a lot of people in the Art Shops followed in order to make their shops more organized. Nowadays the shops layout if there is such a thing is a...cluster. Is there a way we can make a standard for art shops so that it looks more organized and slightly professional? (Maybe stick one of his old guides to the Art shops and Requests subforums in the Mini Shops forum?)

I only ask because that's been something I want to offer and I like getting avi art. I just get turned off when I see the threads are so...disorganized.

We can look into having a guide created that outlines what's a good way to host an art shop. However, even if we did this we wouldn't make it a policy that threads must abide by this standard and leave users the option to create a thread however they would like.

That'd be awesome surprised

I realize that. Not everyone back in...2010 I think used the guide but a lot of people did and the art shop forum looked good surprised

Dapper Businessman

8,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
XxSynysterSmilexX
Kanahit
Misc.

First of all, yes, I am sad to see zOMG! go, but I understand that it had to be done. Now here's a controversial question. Why wasn't it taken down sooner?

On June 16th, we were told, "In a few weeks time we'll be shutting the game down in order to repair a critical issue that could potentially affect many Gaians playing the game."

It wasn't until September 30th that the game was taken down, three and a half months later.

On November 6th, it was revealed, "Particularly we were addressing some critical vulnerabilities in the server infrastructure", implying that Gaia was aware of what the issue was when the first announcement was made.

November 7th, we were given more clarification that "...during an investigation into issues with zOMG!, it was discovered that zOMG! had a serious flaw in the code. Basically, there was a security exploit in the game that, had it been abused (and thankfully it wasn't!), would have allowed people not only access to zOMG!, but to our site's servers and ultimately, to all your accounts."

On to the question: On June 16th, was Gaia really aware (as announcements seem to imply) that zOMG! had a hole allowing people to potentially access the website's servers and all of our accounts? Did Gaia really leave the game up for three and a half months while being aware of this massive security issue? If so, why? What caused the delay in shutting the game down if Gaia was aware of this?

I am the 4th person to quote and post this with no response from the staff. It was posted on the first page.
zOMG wasn't just a game. We are a community, we are a family
We demand to be heard!

I'd like to know as well-
Games

There are some of us that have put a lot of money into zOMG. Will there be a way to sell back powerups from zOMG for gaiacash that they were bought for or maybe rigs for each one possessed? It would be nice if there a way to possibly integrate the use of the rings and powerups into towns perhaps. I just would hate to lose money in something that I've put so much into.

7,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Trader 100
  • Friendly 100
SHOPS

Will the staff ever work on getting the Loyals Bazaar counter straightened out? I've logged in everyday and it's still stuck on the same number. I've been active here for 7 years. I think I'm 'loyal' enough. It's really annoying logging in EVERY day and still not being able to get into the shop.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
xXxjoey_Seba_xXx
Leonna Odjin
xXxjoey_Seba_xXx
[NPC] Gaia Staff
Ask the Staff Rules & Guidelines

• One question per post.

Now that ZOMG is gone I am sad sad will a new game like it be coming out? can we design a game as a community ? or more games with fun big prizes like a once a day lotto game.

• WOOHHHOOOO!
    i would actually like to see this! =oo *tips post*

I remember Gaia used to have a lotto thing going on, called Gold Lotto, but that was discontinued due to lack of interest.

Blessed Sex Symbol

18,275 Points
    • Bookworm 100
    • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
    Well. I only have one question, and is this:

General. (Most Games.)

What is the future with Gaia? Without zOMG! most of people had left, because that was the principal point here. Not spending real money in recolors, no in buying tickets for getting "items", all that users wanted was something interesting to play and all we know that the other "games" aren't developed at least half as zOMG!. So, please tell us, what's next?
    Because I'm not the only one who thinks that now the site is going to milk us at max before disappearing.
    Thanks.

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

Princess Angelishia
    Csilla Silvana
    Items
    Is it possible there might be a kind of gold shop grab bag that has older gold shop items converted for animal avis?

That's a great idea, thank you!

heart YAY! I'm glad you like it.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
    • Caroling Champ 100
    • Snowball Hero 200
    • Frozen Solid 200
    Misc

Any chance you can make an Adoptables subforum in Mini Shops? I remember some threads in SF calling for them since they've been taking up the Mini Shops main forum, and they don't really belong in Breedables/Collectibles, either.

Shirtless Hunter

-Kaito Kikuchi-
    Pangetsuh
    ★⤖☆
    Games / Misc

Now that zOMG is long gone, there has been allot of people who left and majority of them play zOMG // are hardcore buyers of your gcash. Will there be any other form of entertainment or new games like our beloved zOMG to be put on here to reduce the people being bored and leaving??
    Honestly gaia's getting more and more boring if not for some forums and a couple of friends.

Not only that, but some people also want their money back for items that they purchase with GC and never got to use. What will you do about that?
    ★⤖☆
    I know right?
    some people spent hella lot of gc for the potions. and stuff. and speaking of which now that zOMG is gone what about Nicolae?! OMG

Fashionable Cat

Items

Can any artist please consider making a dark pink version of Toxic Kitten?
    I'd really like to have that tail pose with the ribbon in dark pink!

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff