Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Entrepreneur

8,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Legend of the Twilight was pretty bad in anime form, the manga was so much better (also what drew me to get into the franchise, first the manga then the IMOQ games).

Not too sure about what has been discussed here, but for me there are parts of the franchise I really love and others I just don't like too much. As a whole, though, .hack has held my interest and admiration for being a unique story with varied characters.
Kitsune Rena
Legend of the Twilight was pretty bad in anime form, the manga was so much better (also what drew me to get into the franchise, first the manga then the IMOQ games).

Not too sure about what has been discussed here, but for me there are parts of the franchise I really love and others I just don't like too much. As a whole, though, .hack has held my interest and admiration for being a unique story with varied characters.

Pleased to see you have arrived, as well.

Its a shame most of the Post-G.U era dot hack(.hack) story-lines are no longer with us, except for dot hack//Quantum in fact.
Can I just assume you already know this part, by now? emo

Dapper Entrepreneur

8,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Javier Cross
Kitsune Rena

Its a shame most of the Post-G.U era dot hack(.hack) story-lines are no longer with us, except for dot hack//Quantum in fact.

Yeah, some things haven't been localized. Still need to borrow GU from my brother at some point since that seems to be a main topic with fans recently (and I'm out of the loop for the most part on it). Quantum was one of the weird parts that I really didn't like at first. I eventually decided I could work with it because I sorta like Sakuya's and Mary's altered Kite/BlackRose outfits. I definitely don't like the new trend of girl Kite's being all noisy though (super dislike toward the movie girl Kite named Sora because of this fact and design details bug me). Sakuya I can bear with because I'm similar in ways to her personality.

Mostly the beginnings of The World in the .hack universe interest me, I really enjoyed AI Buster and the background toward why the game was created and how that affects the characters/surroundings. A lot of the newer stuff seems like mashups to keep people interested without much logical background being put to it other than past happenings.
Kitsune Rena
Javier Cross
Kitsune Rena

Yeah, some things haven't been localized. Still need to borrow GU from my brother at some point since that seems to be a main topic with fans recently (and I'm out of the loop for the most part on it). Quantum was one of the weird parts that I really didn't like at first. I eventually decided I could work with it because I sorta like Sakuya's and Mary's altered Kite/BlackRose outfits. I definitely don't like the new trend of girl Kite's being all noisy though (super dislike toward the movie girl Kite named Sora because of this fact and design details bug me). Sakuya I can bear with because I'm similar in ways to her personality.

Mostly the beginnings of The World in the .hack universe interest me, I really enjoyed AI Buster and the background toward why the game was created and how that affects the characters/surroundings. A lot of the newer stuff seems like mashups to keep people interested without much logical background being put to it other than past happenings.

You have actual common grounds with Sakuya?(Who looks like Miku Hatsune of the Vocaloids?)
You don't say.
Color me intrigued. emotion_dowant

Also, unless there be a very good reason behind the naming, only one Teenage Dude earned that name, and that belonged to someone with a(n in)famous Past life, more or less.
You wanna guess who it is, from dot hack//Sign?

I don't know if I'll ever get a chance to read on Al Buster at some point in my life, under the lack of localizing, to say the least. ;_;

As for why I'm still intrigued?
Needless to say, I appreciate the background and subtext pertaining to the supernatural at work especially in each era, to be honest.

Dapper Entrepreneur

8,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Javier Cross
Kitsune Rena
Javier Cross
Kitsune Rena

You have actual common grounds with Sakuya?(Who looks like Miku Hatsune of the Vocaloids?)
You don't say.

Also, unless there be a very good reason behind the naming, only one Teenage Dude earned that name, and that belonged to someone with a(n in)famous Past life, more or less.

I don't know if I'll ever get a chance to read on Al Buster at some point in my life, under the lack of localizing, to say the least. ;_;

Needless to say, I appreciate the background and subtext pertaining to the supernatural at work especially in each era, to be honest.

I like Vocaloids a lot, favorite pairing for me is Miku and Len cause they sound good together and look cute. whee Have like 300 Vocaloid songs on my computer and wanting to do a ton of cosplays from music PVs etc., but that's beside the point here.
Sakuya still has some similar ideals to the original Kite, which I liked. From what I watched and know, I feel like I can relate well to her.
This is the girl Sora that bothers me from the previews and such I've seen: Kite (Sora)
I know the Sora from Sign, have a shiny ENEMY card with him on it and know other background info on him. I think they just like reusing names or something weird.
I have both books of AI Buster from before Tokyopop exited the publishing arena, they're really good Light Novels.
I like the background and subtext too, just after a while repeating and not updating to new situations gets old (such as Aura finding new "Kite"s to fix The World's problems in each thing).
Kitsune Rena
Javier Cross
Kitsune Rena
Javier Cross
Kitsune Rena

You don't say.

I like Vocaloids a lot, favorite pairing for me is Miku and Len cause they sound good together and look cute. whee Have like 300 Vocaloid songs on my computer and wanting to do a ton of cosplays from music PVs etc., but that's beside the point here.
Sakuya still has some similar ideals to the original Kite, which I liked. From what I watched and know, I feel like I can relate well to her.
This is the girl Sora that bothers me from the previews and such I've seen: Kite (Sora)
I know the Sora from Sign, have a shiny ENEMY card with him on it and know other background info on him. I think they just like reusing names or something weird.
I have both books of AI Buster from before Tokyopop exited the publishing arena, they're really good Light Novels.
I like the background and subtext too, just after a while repeating and not updating to new situations gets old (such as Aura finding new "Kite"s to fix The World's problems in each thing).

I got Luka x Miku, dare I actually explain why? redface
I know she was in dot hack//Link, which didn't reach the rest of the world for unknown reasons.
Its kind of funny when you think about the Ancient Celts and the tales of Cu Chulainn, actually,
since Zero the Crimson and I noted that the Original dot hack!-Sora's life more or less
has a lot of common grounds with Cu Chulainn as well.
Wonder if we'll ever see anyone see if they're available on mytransfer, actually.
__

Which is why I view the likes of Haseo and (to a lesser extent) Tokio as breaths of fresh air
in comparison, actually.
Wonder if we'll ever see a new dot hack series that will bring us something so radically unique,
that nobody will accuse the series of jumping the shark if they do that.
(If the Shark-jumping accusations must be dropped, go for a crime that has merits, like being cut off from the rest of the globe why won't ya?)

Dapper Entrepreneur

8,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Javier Cross

I know she was in dot hack//Link, which didn't reach the rest of the world for unknown reasons.
Its kind of funny when you think about the Ancient Celts and the tales of Cu Chulainn, actually,
since Zero the Crimson and I noted that the Original dot hack!-Sora's life more or less
Wonder if we'll ever see anyone see if they're available on mytransfer, actually.
__

Which is why I view the likes of Haseo and (to a lesser extent) Tokio as breaths of fresh air
in comparison, actually.
Wonder if we'll ever see a new dot hack series that will bring us something so radically unique,
(If the Shark-jumping accusations must be dropped, go for a crime that has merits, like being cut off from the rest of the globe why won't ya?)

I like Luka too.
They use a lot of mythology in .hack which is another reason I love it.
There really needs to be a unique new storyline so it's not repeats and reuse of "the famous dot hackers" avatars and roles. It only works so many times before it gets boring.
Kitsune Rena
Javier Cross

__

in comparison, actually.

I like Luka too.
There really needs to be a unique new storyline so it's not repeats and reuse of "the famous dot hackers" avatars and roles. It only works so many times before it gets boring.

Just making sure, its not just for Luka's lady-chest or how beautiful she feels or even how pretty Luka x Miku seem together, is it?
Just making sure we're on the same page.

___
The Original dot.hack Sora's life = The Life of Cu Chulainn more or less.
I wonder if anything in particular springs to mind when it comes to such Ancient echoes, you don't see many series that bother to get filled to the brim with mysticism for a reason anymore, these days. sad

Now that right there makes the two of us, its more or less why I'm fond of the G.U era despite all the darker twists and turns that era displayed.
Some parts of the Link/R:X era also have their plus sides, although a lot of the party members in LINK might not necessarily be the original people behind them being a weakness, or how Quantum's flaw was the echo of The Original Dot Hackers, despite the people responsible for the echoes having unique and likable personalities.
Plus Pi re-appeared in person at least in the latter half, though she may have also been in Link, too.

An Entirely Unique story-line would either have to bring as much of the casts of all the dot hack eras together, or start with a Brand New Era filled with Brand New people, but either way, more emphasis on the Supernatural may be in order, as well as more cast and plot-developments as well.

Need we say more?

Seeker

Gawd I love .Hack
Played the first four games, marathoned //Sign, man.
Read the novels.
GU
etc.
my heart

Vermillion Bibliophile

Javier Cross

I thought I was the only one with that kind of problem. sad

Even the latest Call of Duty games like Advanced Warfighter or the like left out the Single Player story-lines, like Battlefield without a story-line at all, its just marginally better about it than the latest Call of Duty games over the fact.(Minus Battlefield's insane scale to justify it, said scale is only rivaled if not outdone by PlanetSide 2, which has more of a story-line to it.)
Mary, Tobias and Sakuya are a fun gang. ^_^

If Haseo, Harry J. Potter or Harry Dresden do not watch themselves or have a stroke of sheer luck keeping them afloat at first?
YIKES! O__O
Like with that 'Thousand Ways to Die' tv series that's more popular on Spike than it is at the moment.
Such a powerful Raven. (I can kind of see where Haseo's earliest days have the potency of dying so frequently from, since his life is apparently inspired by Cu Chulainn's own, wonder if he'd be an Archer, a Lancer or a Berserker-type Servant if we went with F/SN Logic, even as a Caster he could be interesting though not to the obvious degrees of Original!-Kite or Helba.
Why does F/SN Lancer die so often?)

Took the Original!-Kite long enough to make a return, except it got cut off from the rest of the world when it wasn't meant to be so, now here we are. sad
The learning/re-learning will be difficult to do.
Shall I get started?

(Spoilers for Madoka Magica in general*not necessarily the movies since most of us have yet to see them* and dot hack, in fact.)

Mind beginning with Haseo and Homura Akemi, in particular for instance?

Oh, trust me, there are others.

Precisely..though from what my brother's told me, Ghost seems to actually have a somewhat interesting single player campaign.

Well yeah, but we all know that that's exactly what's going to happen.

Yeah, pretty much.
Hmm...Considering Haseo's character class as an Adept Rogue and the fact that he uses a multitude of weapons/ranges even to his Xth form, the character he most resembles in the Fate/Stay series seems to be Gilgamesh, so I'd assume Archer class. (The only freaking class the completely breaks the mold of weapon specifics!)
(A running gag, I'd assume.)

Back in my day...oh, that's too long. Yeah, tis a pity...or perhaps an annoyance would be more accurate?
No one ever said it would be easy.

Please do.

By all means, go right ahead.

Dapper Entrepreneur

8,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Javier Cross
Kitsune Rena
Javier Cross

__

in comparison, actually.

I like Luka too.

Just making sure, its not just for Luka's lady-chest or how beautiful she feels or even how pretty Luka x Miku seem together, is it?
Just making sure we're on the same page.

___
The Original dot.hack Sora's life = The Life of Cu Chulainn more or less.
I wonder if anything in particular springs to mind when it comes to such Ancient echoes, you don't see many series that bother to get filled to the brim with mysticism for a reason anymore, these days. sad

Now that right there makes the two of us, its more or less why I'm fond of the G.U era despite all the darker twists and turns that era displayed.
Some parts of the Link/R:X era also have their plus sides, although a lot of the party members in LINK might not necessarily be the original people behind them being a weakness, or how Quantum's flaw was the echo of The Original Dot Hackers, despite the people responsible for the echoes having unique and likable personalities.
Plus Pi re-appeared in person at least in the latter half, though she may have also been in Link, too.

An Entirely Unique story-line would either have to bring as much of the casts of all the dot hack eras together, or start with a Brand New Era filled with Brand New people, but either way, more emphasis on the Supernatural may be in order, as well as more cast and plot-developments as well.

Need we say more?

Luka is just likable in general, and cosplay-wise for body typing, I'm closer to Luka than Miku (I identify more with large busted characters as long as they're not over the top). She has a good voice bank that works with a lot of others too, got interested in her songs after hearing "Just Be Friends" and a few others.
It'd be great if more series pulled from mythical sources or historic stuff that's outside the box. I got really interested in Norse mythology and other things due to references in .hack, also when Natsume said something about Lord of the Rings in an e-mail to Kite in the first games I was surprised and happy since I'd just finished reading those books+watched the movies at the time (gave me more of a connection to the characters).
A new cast would probably be the better option, that or bringing in the real original dot hackers for some situation that is different from what they dealt with before. I'd really like more on AI Buster because it was done well.
Zero the Crimson
Javier Cross

I thought I was the only one with that kind of problem. sad

Even the latest Call of Duty or Medal of Honor games like Advanced Warfighter or the like left out the Single Player story-lines, like Battlefield without a story-line at all, its just marginally better about it than the latest Call of Duty games over the fact.(Minus Battlefield's insane scale to justify it, said scale is only rivaled if not outdone by PlanetSide 2, which has more of a story-line to it.)
Mary, Tobias and Sakuya are a fun gang. ^_^

If Haseo, Harry J. Potter or Harry Dresden do not watch themselves or have a stroke of sheer luck keeping them afloat at first?
YIKES! O__O
Like with that 'Thousand Ways to Die' tv series that's more popular on Spike than it is at the moment.
Such a powerful Raven. (I can kind of see where Haseo's earliest days have the potency of dying so frequently from, since his life is apparently inspired by Cu Chulainn's own, wonder if he'd be an Archer, a Lancer or a Berserker-type Servant if we went with F/SN Logic, even as a Caster he could be interesting though not to the obvious degrees of Original!-Kite or Helba.
Why does F/SN Lancer die so often?)

Took the Original!-Kite long enough to make a return, except it got cut off from the rest of the world when it wasn't meant to be so, now here we are. sad
The learning/re-learning will be difficult to do.
Shall I get started?

(Spoilers for Madoka Magica in general*not necessarily the movies since most of us have yet to see them* and dot hack, in fact.)

Mind beginning with Haseo and Homura Akemi, in particular for instance?

Oh, trust me, there are others.

Precisely..though from what my brother's told me, Ghost seems to actually have a somewhat interesting single player campaign.

Well yeah, but we all know that that's exactly what's going to happen.

Yeah, pretty much.
Hmm...Considering Haseo's character class as an Adept Rogue and the fact that he uses a multitude of weapons/ranges even to his Xth form, the character he most resembles in the Fate/Stay series seems to be Gilgamesh, so I'd assume Archer class. (The only freaking class the completely breaks the mold of weapon specifics!)
(A running gag, I'd assume.)

Back in my day...oh, that's too long. Yeah, tis a pity...or perhaps an annoyance would be more accurate?
No one ever said it would be easy.

Please do.

By all means, go right ahead.

Mind naming anyone out with recollection issues out the wazoo, by chance?

Could that be Post-Modern Warfare Call of Duty's way of apologizing for the generally lackluster Single Player story-lines that are actually good, perhaps?(Black Ops 1 + 2 might
be decent, but I don't know for sure, sadly.)

No stroke of luck or no sense of caution leads to them winding up dead!?
Crap!
So in other words, its especially the Archer class that'd be best-suited not unlike F/SN Lancer with Berserker class being an alternative, right?
Its kind of funny when you think about how each Berserker Class servant is radically different in terms of power sets(beyond Casual Superhuman Prowesses off the charts.) despite having the same major source of abilities in the same class, is it not?
If Haseo were a Berserker Class rather than an Archer Class(for reasons you clarified), a Caster class(not as fluid about it as Original!-Kite or Helba though.) or a Lancer class(which would have left him with his Scythes), he'd more or less come across as an Unholy fusion of Skeith and the Beast of the Apocalypse(or B-st of the Apocalypse in dot hack spelling) from the dot hack//G.U Trilogy movie, right?(So much resolve to warp reality, its not funny, its disturbing.)
So its more or less F/SN's Lancer or either of the Archer Class servants from F/SN, right?
(Ouch, sometimes it sucks to be F/SN Lancer doesn't it?)

Its Bad news all-in-all is what it is, really.
I'd be willing to re-learn if the games were available on Steam or something, and done well.

Okay, I'll do that.

(Spoilers for Madoka Magica and dot hack in general, ahoy in the tag!)

Haseo and Homura.
To begin on the both of them, we must first remember that their stories essentially started out with them in a Hospital when they woke up.
Some time after they woke up and got into the outside world, they wounded up stumbling upon the likes of a Sharpshooter and a Pink-haired lady after a troubling first day of their lives with the general public.
It was because of the influences and interventions of the Sharpshooter and the Pink-haired lady that they were able to stay out of trouble for as long as possible, but at some point in their lives they learned of the supernatural in general.

Are you with me, thus far?

Hobovampyre
''

Pleasure to see you with us in this thread, by far. ^_^

Yes, we all miss the dot hack universe, so the more with us in this thread, the merrier really.

You wanna find out where to start?

Kitsune Rena

Luka is just likable in general, and cosplay-wise for body typing, I'm closer to Luka than Miku (I identify more with large busted characters as long as they're not over the top). She has a good voice bank that works with a lot of others too, got interested in her songs after hearing "Just Be Friends" and a few others.
It'd be great if more series pulled from mythical sources or historic stuff that's outside the box. I got really interested in Norse mythology and other things due to references in .hack, also when Natsume said something about Lord of the Rings in an e-mail to Kite in the first games I was surprised and happy since I'd just finished reading those books+watched the movies at the time (gave me more of a connection to the characters).
A new cast would probably be the better option, that or bringing in the real original dot hackers for some situation that is different from what they dealt with before. I'd really like more on AI Buster because it was done well.

You have a nice lady-chest as well?
You don't say. redface (Well that makes two of us, that and as long as they're not Jack@sses
of any kind.)
Luka seems so interesting to hear about, the song 'Go Google It' is especially
astounding.

___

I was aware that Alkaid has read Romance of the Three Kingdoms somewhere, but Natsume having read on The Lord of the Rings is entirely new to me.
Was it not implied that Hermit may have read on the Potter-world as well?(Although I'm quite surprised nobody left a comment on Pi's common grounds with Hermione, funny enough, at least not in public.)
What could be a radically different situation from the one they dealt with, before would have to do more than just include supernatural forces at work, right?
Albrieo and his Witch lady Hokuto sound so intriguing to hear more about, and wasn't Albrieo said to have wielded a copy of Odin's Spear in Gungnir, the copy being the Spear of Wotan by chance?

Also speaking of Odin, I did mention before I appreciate all the sub-text prevalent in the dot hack universe before, did I not?
Harald Hoerwick being a suspected Sorcerer just so happens to be one of them, though I concede that it wasn't the only cause for supernatural forces appearing in dot hack either.
(A lot of it is due to that Black Box only he and his closest associates knew how to deal with, in fact.)

Dapper Entrepreneur

8,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Javier Cross

Kitsune Rena

You don't say. redface (Well that makes two of us, that and as long as they're not Jack@sses
of any kind.)
astounding.

___

I was aware that Alkaid has read Romance of the Three Kingdoms somewhere, but Natsume having read on The Lord of the Rings is entirely new to me.
Was it not implied that Hermit may have read on the Potter-world as well?(Although I'm quite surprised nobody left a comment on Pi's common grounds with Hermione, funny enough, at least not in public.)
What could be a radically different situation from the one they dealt with, before would have to do more than just include supernatural forces at work, right?
Albireo and his Witch lady Hokuto sound so intriguing to hear more about, and wasn't Albrieo said to have wielded a copy of Odin's Spear in Gungnir, the copy being the Spear of Wotan by chance?

Also speaking of Odin, I did mention before I appreciate all the sub-text prevalent in the dot hack universe before, did I not?
Harald Hoerwick being a suspected Sorcerer just so happens to be one of them, though I concede that it wasn't the only cause for supernatural forces appearing in dot hack either.
(A lot of it is due to that Black Box only he and his closest associates knew how to deal with, in fact.)

I'll have to link you to my Vocaloid favs on Youtube sometime....have too many of various genres and some really good covers by people.
_______
Proof for Natsume: email1email2

Hermit does like the idea of magic and having power from what I remember of Quantum. I'm guessing that the characters could pull from sources we would know about (fantasy books etc. as shown in previous details). Not quite sure on situation for radically different scenario right now, just it would have to be a novel concept or something that was different from causing comas and technological chaos maybe.
It's been a while since I've read AI Buster, but that sounds about right for the spear. Hokuto was trying to play off being a pseudo-W.B. Yeats with her poems on the BBS (this franchise got me to actually like obscure poetry.....I have several W.B. Yeats books now whee ) to describe events going on I think in the game as well as the real world. Hoerwick does act as a creator sort by having Aura as "his and Emma Wielant's daughter", kind of being a god-mod in his own way to fight against stuff he couldn't control. The Black Box plays into that idea.
Kitsune Rena
Javier Cross

Kitsune Rena

of any kind.)
astounding.

___

Albireo and his Witch lady Hokuto sound so intriguing to hear more about, and wasn't Albrieo said to have wielded a copy of Odin's Spear in Gungnir, the copy being the Spear of Wotan by chance?

I'll have to link you to my Vocaloid favs on Youtube sometime....have too many of various genres and some really good covers by people.
_______
Proof for Natsume: email1email2

Hermit does like the idea of magic and having power from what I remember of Quantum. I'm guessing that the characters could pull from sources we would know about (fantasy books etc. as shown in previous details). Not quite sure on situation for radically different scenario right now, just it would have to be a novel concept or something that was different from causing comas and technological chaos maybe.
It's been a while since I've read AI Buster, but that sounds about right for the spear. Hokuto was trying to play off being a pseudo-W.B. Yeats with her poems on the BBS (this franchise got me to actually like obscure poetry.....I have several W.B. Yeats books now whee ) to describe events going on I think in the game as well as the real world. Hoerwick does act as a creator sort by having Aura as "his and Emma Wielant's daughter", kind of being a god-mod in his own way to fight against stuff he couldn't control. The Black Box plays into that idea.

I can't wait to hear of any songs involving Luka, Miku or Cul you may have in mind to recommend.

___

Where can I find the confession for Alkaid as well?

The Trio from Quantum also studied Shakesphere in general as well, another plus worth noting.
You have a point, this could be tougher than first glances suggest, actually.
As noted before, dealing with supernatural forces in the physical world more often is possible, if Online Jack from the G.U era says anything of particular interest.
I've got to consider reading W.B Yeats at some point in life, then.
Yes, except Hoerwick made it quite bloody clear he's not out to get anyone in the general public killed by his actions, actually.
Though that said, some of the things he has a hand in creating tends to be hazardous to everyone else's health as well, actually.

Dapper Entrepreneur

8,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Javier Cross

I can't wait to hear of any songs involving Luka, Miku or Cul you may have in mind to recommend.

___

Where can I find the confession for Alkaid as well?

The Trio from Quantum also studied Shakesphere in general as well, another plus worth noting.
You have a point, this could be tougher than first glances suggest, actually.
As noted before, dealing with supernatural forces in the physical world more often is possible, if Online Jack from the G.U era says anything of particular interest.
I've got to consider reading W.B Yeats at some point in life, then.
Yes, except Hoerwick made it quite bloody clear he's not out to get anyone in the general public killed by his actions, actually.
Though that said, some of the things he has a hand in creating tends to be hazardous to everyone else's health as well, actually.

For Alkaid, it's on the .hack//Wiki (dunno otherwise since I have yet to play G.U.) Alkaid
Supernatural forces in the physical world is workable.
This was one of the first W.B. Yeats poems I read and have remembered mostly (he also writes stories about mythology and fairies): No Second Troy
Generally when people start making stuff in an act to control stuff that's not in their grasp, random destructive stuff happens. Mental insanity/obsession can blind people to the effects of their creations and actions, as Harald's case was his devotion to Emma and continuing her legacy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff