Welcome to Gaia! ::

.hack//fragment is out for Japan only!
.hack//Roots has finished(?) running on Cartoon Network, and is out on DVD!
All three volumes of .hack//G.U. are out in America!
American release dates will be posted when announced!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

.hack//Discussion

Ooh! Yoki me wo shita hito yo! [Oh, ye of fine eyes!]
Anyone want to discuss the mysterious universe of .hack? Pose any questions you have, and we'll either answer them (trust me we have alot of .hack trivial knowledge among us ^^; ) or add them ye old list of eternal mysteries:

(ye old eternal mystery list pending revision)

EDIT:
Note, some people use the Japanese names of most things because that's how they played/watched it. If you don't know what someone's refering to at any time, ASK.

Oh, and check out my .hack Trivia thread that's just too hot for AMC main! ^^

Here it is, the grand high .hack timeline:
Grand High Timeline (Updated 6/5/06)
Current # of anime episodes: 45 total. 26 televised SIGN episodes, 3 SIGN OVAs ("Intermezzo", "Unison", and "GIFT" wink , 12 televised UdeDen episodes, 4 Liminality OVAs, with 26 TV episodes of Roots and at least 1 bonus OVA (for buying all 3 G.U. games) planned.
Timeline of "chapters" to the saga:
--------"Main Universe"--------
-.hack//Welcome to the World (DVD)
-.hack//AI Buster Vol. 1-2 (Novel)
-(Parts of Rena Special Pack Manga and "Intermezzo" take place here)
-.hack//SIGN eps 1-27 (Anime)
-.hack//Zero (Novel)
-.hack//Infection-Quarentine (Games) AND .hack//Liminality (OVAs) AND .hack//Another Birth Vol. 1-4 (Novel)
-.hack//SIGN ep 28 (OVA)
-.hack//UdeDen (Legend of the Twilight) Manga
-.hack//G.U. Terminal Disc (Uh.. "Terminal Disc" wink
-"First Login" (Audio Drama)
-.hack//Roots (Anime)
-.hack//Cell (Novel)
-.hack//GnU (Manga, exact spot in timeline currently unknown)
-.hack//G.U. Vol 1-3 (Games)
-.hack//LINK (Manga)
------"All over the place"------
.hack//AI Buster 2
--------"Alternate Universe"--------
-UdeDen (Legend of the Twilight) Anime
-Game parody mode
-"Let's meet Offline" Udeden audio drama
-.hack//SIGN ep 29 "GIFT" (OVA)
-.hack//fragment
-.hack//XXXX and .hack//G.U.+ (manga, another take on the games that we're pretty sure is incompatible with the current canon)
-.hack//4koma

-.hack//G.U. TRILOGY (Movie)
-.hack//G.U. (Novels)
Have you seen all the Dot.Hack//signs ?

Devoted Bibliophile

Solar
Ooh! Ii me wo shita hito yo!
Anyone want to discuss about the mysterious universe of .hack? Pose any questions you have, and I'll either answer them (trust me I have alot of .hack trivial knowledge ^^; ) or add them ye old list of mysteries:

-Who the hell is that lady in the .hack//SIGN opening? While she looks alot like Harold, and I have the general impression it's the Morganna entity he created (The "gold" to Aura's "silver", Aura is silver in front of the moon, not to mention female, which if I remember alchemic symbolism correctly this represents change, whatever, ) I don't really know ^^;

Maybe it represents Tsukasa's mom? We never realyl see her face right? I dunno, just an idea o.o
i like the manga alot its good
Solar
Ooh! Ii me wo shita hito yo!
Anyone want to discuss about the mysterious universe of .hack? Pose any questions you have, and I'll either answer them (trust me I have alot of .hack trivial knowledge ^^; ) or add them ye old list of mysteries:

-Who the hell is that lady in the .hack//SIGN opening? While she looks alot like Harold, and I have the general impression it's the Morganna entity he created (The "gold" to Aura's "silver", Aura is silver in front of the moon, not to mention female, which if I remember alchemic symbolism correctly this represents change, whatever, ) I don't really know ^^;

wow you wirte alot of stuff of .hack
Flamesmith

Funny story: not yet. I've seen about half. I know how it ends and prettymuch everything that was going on. .hack was actually meant to be discussed on the internet (look at that official Japanese site with it's BBS) and I learned alot before it started coming out on dvd. Also, I refuse to watch it dubbed, especially 'cause it changes stuff. That, and the voices suck. So I won't finish for a few weeks, when the last disc comes out. I have pretty much seen the ending and extra eps, though ^^; Also, I've played all the games in Japanese (an seen all the Liminalities too. crazy how Asaha has Helba's voice... but they'll never tell us she's her) and participated in stuff on the official Japanese site, which reveal even more info... ^^;
Magica
Maybe it represents Tsukasa's mom? We never realyl see her face right? I dunno, just an idea o.o

Hmmm, this might be a spoiler, but you do know that's not really Tsukasa's mom, right? As in, the entity in The World? It's really the Morganna entity I was mentioning earlier. ^^;
reki wildfire
i like the manga alot its good

I still haven't bought it. I looked at it at Borders, but I think the "Orca" translation kinda made me not want to pay for it ^^;
reki wildfire
wow you wirte alot of stuff of .hack

It has alot of symbolism and stuff behind it. The writer was really good. ^^
Who does Tsukasa think is his mother or resembles her? > smile
Jigeru
Who does Tsukasa think is his mother or resembles her? > smile

Tsukasa thinks Morganna is her mother, but she's not... Like I said, I haven't fully seen all of .hack//SIGN, so I can't truthfully answer in a definitive tone why Morganna takes on that role, though I think it's probably because it makes Tsukasa easier to use. ^^;
Hmm...how about this one.

What fruit did Tsukasa need to cure the sick Grunty?
What kinda question is that? Purple Cherry, right?
im currently trying to download the extra episodes of .hack right now... what a coincedence. i love .hack, i think the worst part about the dubbing is Mimiru's voice... ugh so ditzy and annoying... xd
Flamesmith

LMFAO!!! *Snort* XDD

Fool...
I've played and beaten 3 of the games, and i've seen 5 eps of .Hack//Sign...i wanna watch the entire series and read the manga's too
Solar
What kinda question is that?

Indeed! Wouldn't it be better to discuss how the puchiguso paralleled the kitten in an earlier flashback, and its effect on Tsukasa's mental state? ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff