Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vermillion Bibliophile

Javier Cross

Mind naming anyone out with recollection issues out the wazoo, by chance?

Could that be Post-Modern Warfare Call of Duty's way of apologizing for the generally lackluster Single Player story-lines that are actually good, perhaps?(Black Ops 1 + 2 might
be decent, but I don't know for sure, sadly.)

No stroke of luck or no sense of caution leads to them winding up dead!?
Crap!
So in other words, its especially the Archer class that'd be best-suited not unlike F/SN Lancer with Berserker class being an alternative, right?
Its kind of funny when you think about how each Berserker Class servant is radically different in terms of power sets(beyond Casual Superhuman Prowesses off the charts.) despite having the same major source of abilities in the same class, is it not?
If Haseo were a Berserker Class rather than an Archer Class(for reasons you clarified), a Caster class(not as fluid about it as Original!-Kite or Helba though.) or a Lancer class(which would have left him with his Scythes), he'd more or less come across as an Unholy fusion of Skeith and the Beast of the Apocalypse(or B-st of the Apocalypse in dot hack spelling) from the dot hack//G.U Trilogy movie, right?(So much resolve to warp reality, its not funny, its disturbing.)
So its more or less F/SN's Lancer or either of the Archer Class servants from F/SN, right?
(Ouch, sometimes it sucks to be F/SN Lancer doesn't it?)

Its Bad news all-in-all is what it is, really.
I'd be willing to re-learn if the games were available on Steam or something, and done well.

Okay, I'll do that.

(Spoilers for Madoka Magica and dot hack in general, ahoy in the tag!)

Haseo and Homura.
To begin on the both of them, we must first remember that their stories essentially started out with them in a Hospital when they woke up.
Some time after they woke up and got into the outside world, they wounded up stumbling upon the likes of a Sharpshooter and a Pink-haired lady after a troubling first day of their lives with the general public.
It was because of the influences and interventions of the Sharpshooter and the Pink-haired lady that they were able to stay out of trouble for as long as possible, but at some point in their lives they learned of the supernatural in general.

Are you with me, thus far?

Well, I have a few here on gaia and several in my family. I won't be pointing names or naming fingers though.

Mm..possibly. (I wouldn't say Black Ops' single players were bad, I just felt they were lacking.)

Well, with most hero characters in that sort of scenario nowadays...

With how they've portrayed the Archers in the series (at least with anime) Yeah.
Well, the Berserker class' only real difference from the other classes is that they have "madness" which makes them relatively mindless and savage beings, despite who they were/are, which also can slightly modify they're abilities pending on them.
Sounds pretty accurate.
More or less.
(oh yeah. Have you ever watched Carnival Phantasm?)

Not entirely, I mean it's common knowledge that when one hero is MIA a new one usual makes an appearance.
Mmm...Can't really say I'd do the same, myself.

Oh I see.

I think so.
Zero the Crimson
Javier Cross

Mind naming anyone out with recollection issues out the wazoo, by chance?

Could that be Post-Modern Warfare Call of Duty's way of apologizing for the generally lackluster Single Player story-lines that are actually good, perhaps?(Black Ops 1 + 2 might
be decent, but I don't know for sure, sadly.)

No stroke of luck or no sense of caution leads to them winding up dead!?
Crap!
So in other words, its especially the Archer class that'd be best-suited not unlike F/SN Lancer with Berserker class being an alternative, right?
Its kind of funny when you think about how each Berserker Class servant is radically different in terms of power sets(beyond Casual Superhuman Prowesses off the charts.) despite having the same major source of abilities in the same class, is it not?
If Haseo were a Berserker Class rather than an Archer Class(for reasons you clarified), a Caster class(not as fluid about it as Original!-Kite or Helba though.) or a Lancer class(which would have left him with his Scythes), he'd more or less come across as an Unholy fusion of Skeith and the Beast of the Apocalypse(or B-st of the Apocalypse in dot hack spelling) from the dot hack//G.U Trilogy movie, right?(So much resolve to warp reality, its not funny, its disturbing.)
So its more or less F/SN's Lancer or either of the Archer Class servants from F/SN, right?
(Ouch, sometimes it sucks to be F/SN Lancer doesn't it?)

Its Bad news all-in-all is what it is, really.
I'd be willing to re-learn if the games were available on Steam or something, and done well.

Okay, I'll do that.

(Spoilers for Madoka Magica and dot hack in general, ahoy in the tag!)

Haseo and Homura.
To begin on the both of them, we must first remember that their stories essentially started out with them in a Hospital when they woke up.
Some time after they woke up and got into the outside world, they wounded up stumbling upon the likes of a Sharpshooter and a Pink-haired lady after a troubling first day of their lives with the general public.
It was because of the influences and interventions of the Sharpshooter and the Pink-haired lady that they were able to stay out of trouble for as long as possible, but at some point in their lives they learned of the supernatural in general.

Are you with me, thus far?

Well, I have a few here on gaia and several in my family. I won't be pointing names or naming fingers though.

Mm..possibly. (I wouldn't say Black Ops' single players were bad, I just felt they were lacking.)

Well, with most hero characters in that sort of scenario nowadays...

With how they've portrayed the Archers in the series (at least with anime) Yeah.
Well, the Berserker class' only real difference from the other classes is that they have "madness" which makes them relatively mindless and savage beings, despite who they were/are, which also can slightly modify they're abilities pending on them.
Sounds pretty accurate.
More or less.
(oh yeah. Have you ever watched Carnival Phantasm?)

Not entirely, I mean it's common knowledge that when one hero is MIA a new one usually makes an appearance.
Mmm...Can't really say I'd do the same, myself.

Oh I see.

I think so.

Okay, fair enough on regards like these, lest it comes across as gossiping.

For our sake, let us hope that it is an honest apology. (Fair point regardless.)

That kind of idea really sucks, my stomach may as well catch a flu from imagining that idea.
*Shudders on if the Potter-world or dot hack was hit, that way*

As an Archer!-class Servant, Herakles/Hercules would have been even more boss, right?
There is always something haunting about Fate/Zero's Berserker in particular, and Berserker!-Hercules/Herakles has a form of madness weaponized, wonder exactly how a Berserker!-Haseo would have weaponized his Wrath beyond what we already noted.
Wouldn't F/SN's Lancer if he were a Berserker!-Class Servant instead be able to unleash 'Warp Spasm', which can turn the user into something not-quite-normal at all, even by his standards?
(Just an episode where Lancer tries to avoid dying so bloody often, he's like Kenny from South Park in this respect.)
Its kind of funny when you think about how Cu Chulainn was around Haseo's Age(during the G.U Era) when he went to war, to be honest.
Also, how come everything F/Z's Berserker touches is said to go 3-D?

Here's hoping to make sure they can be trusted at all, actually, lest we suffer a free-for-all with no credibility in fact.
I might be up for it if need be.

(More Madoka Magica and dot hack-related common grounds.)

Both wounded up finding the Sharpshooter unavailable to help the Pink-haired lady, and because the Sharpshooter couldn't help the Pink-haired lady, the Pink-haired lady in question was slain right before their very eyes.
They never quite forgot about it one way or another, in fact, and it essentially changed no small deal of their very beings, because one way or another they were conscripted to deal with supernatural happenings and events, even the majority of the enemies they put up with are supernatural in nature.
It is never easy being Haseo or Homura, really.

Shall I carry on?

Vermillion Bibliophile

Javier Cross

For our sake, let us hope that it is an honest apology. (Fair point regardless.)

That kind of idea really sucks, my stomach may as well catch a flu from imagining that idea.

As an Archer!-class Servant, Herakles/Hercules would have been even more boss, right?
There is always something haunting about Fate/Zero's Berserker in particular, and Berserker!-Hercules/Herakles has a form of madness weaponized, wonder exactly how a Berserker!-Haseo would have weaponized his Wrath beyond what we already noted.
Wouldn't F/SN's Lancer if he were a Berserker!-Class Servant instead be able to unleash 'Warp Spasm', which can turn the user into something not-quite-normal at all, even by his standards?
(Just an episode where Lancer tries to avoid dying so bloody often, he's like Kenny from South Park in this respect.)
Its kind of funny when you think about how Cu Chulainn was around Haseo's Age(during the G.U Era) when he went to war, to be honest.

Here's hoping to make sure they can be trusted at all, actually, lest we suffer a free-for-all with no credibility in fact.

Both wounded up finding the Sharpshooter unavailable to help the Pink-haired lady, and because the Sharpshooter couldn't help the Pink-haired lady, the Pink-haired lady in question was slain right before their very eyes.
They never quite forgot about it one way or another, in fact, and it essentially changed no small deal of their very beings, because one way or another they were conscripted to deal with supernatural happenings and events, even the majority of the enemies they put up with are supernatural in nature.

Shall I carry on?

Precisely.

Here's to hoping.

Oh geez! I didn't actually think about it til now....thought sent a shiver up my spine...and not in a good way.

I'd be a bit curious as to his weapon, but yeah I'd say so. I particularly loved Fate Zero's Berserker and found it rather interesting what his abilities were and how they'd have changed if he were another class. I'd think Haseo would be extremely fast and instead of using weapons would use the claws and "tail" of his Terror of Death attire. (third form)
One would assume.
(yeah, that's the one they over emphasize that connection to. It's a rather funny spin off series.)
That is rather interesting.
Everything F/Z Berserker touches and recognizes as a weapon becomes his noble phantasm and as such takes on that 3-D appearance. The reason for the 3-D was the creators Idea to increase the menacing other worldly appearance he had. (he would show up in standard 2-D if he were not of the berserker class since the 3-D effect is due to the madness warped version of one of his abilities.)

So, even if they can get the job done, we shouldn't accept if we don't trust them?
You got me there.

Oh wow.

By all means.
Zero the Crimson
Javier Cross

Shall I carry on?

Precisely.

Here's to hoping.

Oh geez! I didn't actually think about it til now....thought sent a shiver up my spine...and not in a good way.

I'd be a bit curious as to his weapon, but yeah I'd say so. I particularly loved Fate Zero's Berserker and found it rather interesting what his abilities were and how they'd have changed if he were another class. I'd think Haseo would be extremely fast and instead of using weapons would use the claws and "tail" of his Terror of Death attire. (third form)
One would assume.
(yeah, that's the one they over emphasize that connection to. It's a rather funny spin off series.)
That is rather interesting.
Everything F/Z Berserker touches and recognizes as a weapon becomes his noble phantasm and as such takes on that 3-D appearance. The reason for the 3-D was the creators Idea to increase the menacing other worldly appearance he had. (he would show up in standard 2-D if he were not of the berserker class since the 3-D effect is due to the madness warped version of one of his abilities.)

So, even if they can get the job done, we shouldn't accept if we don't trust them?
You got me there.

Oh wow.

By all means.

So what else is new?

Amen on the hope, keep it alive and burning for the better I say, and hope that Medal of Honor will bring back a valuable Single-Player campaign and still bring a magnificent Multiplayer experience.
Hope Call of Duty will wake up before Mighty No. 09 gets released, because if they don't wake up before then, things will be rocky to say the least.

That right there is what we call Fridge Horror, actually.
Dresden's odds of survival depends on what times in Harry Dresden's life we're picking him up from, if we pick him up too early in particular, wearing a Pumpkin is suicide, too late and he'd resolve the matter too quickly most likely.
Potter or Haseo, the same thing, just their survival odds are against them more if we pick them too early.

That too I'd have liked to know, we'd just know that Herakles/Hercules was said to have Mad Sharp-shooting for his time with just a Bow and Hydra Arrows in fact.
Fate/Zero's Berserker holds so much secrets just by existing as that kind of Servant, right?
To add Skeith to the mix in how Skeith would be unleashed would not be unlike Cu Chulainn's 'Warp Spasm' had F/SN Lancer were a Berserker Class Servant instead, right?
Imagine the visuals alone to hope on getting it right, its visually disturbing in addition to be worth bricks getting $hat on.
(Why wasn't F/SN's Lancer a Berserker instead?His odds of dying would have been significantly lowered if he were a different class, not that the Lancer class sucks, but c'mon!)
Wonder if we know anyone among Cu Cuhlainn's people that have any common grounds with dot hack residents, apart from the obvious example I just noted.
So that was a side-effect that's special for Fate/Zero's Berserker and his presence alone, right?
Even that Fighter Jet was included, imagine if it was a Spaceship or a Giant Robot next.
Wonder if the dot hack universe might ever introduce us to some people with Supernatural powers along those lines, mixed with Badass side-effects like these. O__O
A Berserker-Class Servant even more Ax-Crazy than F/SN's Berserker!?

This is a situation that I stumbled across that truly has no easy answers, isn't it?
Let alone any true right or wrong.
Like I said, I'm willing to re-learn.

Do I have to add with how often Haseo or Homura might have tried to seek out help or other options, only for most of these to either be unavailable or for some twisted reason or another, apparently not even close to enough?
Or how they often seem to come across as though they're unleashing scorn on anyone who might try to help them out if either of the two just let them help, for that matter?

It keeps me sane to be able to list out all those common grounds with two people from dot hack and Madoka Magica.

Anyway, back to more dot hack-related discussions in general?
Kitsune Rena
Javier Cross

I can't wait to hear of any songs involving Luka, Miku or Cul you may have in mind to recommend.

___

Where can I find the confession for Alkaid as well?

The Trio from Quantum also studied Shakesphere in general as well, another plus worth noting.
You have a point, this could be tougher than first glances suggest, actually.
As noted before, dealing with supernatural forces in the physical world more often is possible, if Online Jack from the G.U era says anything of particular interest.
I've got to consider reading W.B Yeats at some point in life, then.
Yes, except Hoerwick made it quite bloody clear he's not out to get anyone in the general public killed by his actions, actually.
Though that said, some of the things he has a hand in creating tends to be hazardous to everyone else's health as well, actually.

For Alkaid, it's on the .hack//Wiki (dunno otherwise since I have yet to play G.U.) Alkaid
Supernatural forces in the physical world is workable.
This was one of the first W.B. Yeats poems I read and have remembered mostly (he also writes stories about mythology and fairies): No Second Troy
Generally when people start making stuff in an act to control stuff that's not in their grasp, random destructive stuff happens. Mental insanity/obsession can blind people to the effects of their creations and actions, as Harald's case was his devotion to Emma and continuing her legacy.

I am not gonna lie, I appreciate how everyone has 3 dimensions, Alkaid especially being on that list, as are the likes of Atoli and Pi in fact.
Now how to make it click together in the right form, a supernatural cult?
Seems too cliche, just a bunch of Video gamers that stumbled on supernatural forces but are too dense to notice it?
That's worse.
We need ideas to fathom.

I may have to go check out that link at some point, I feel, but it sounds interesting to hear of that link, actually.

So its because people are fighting to gain control over what they don't understand, that catastrophic threats start gathering, right?
So is anyone else available at the moment, yet?

Unsealed Wolf

I've seen a few episodes, I liked them! biggrin
AriaWhite
I've seen a few episodes, I liked them! biggrin

Okay, happy day.

Pleased to meet you now, shall we talk?
So anybody else still want in on this thread?

We could use another aspect to any of the shown eras to talk about, yes?

Dapper Entrepreneur

8,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Javier Cross

I am not gonna lie, I appreciate how everyone has 3 dimensions, Alkaid especially being on that list, as are the likes of Atoli and Pi in fact.
Seems too cliche, just a bunch of Video gamers that stumbled on supernatural forces but are too dense to notice it?
That's worse.
We need ideas to fathom.

I may have to go check out that link at some point, I feel, but it sounds interesting to hear of that link, actually.

So its because people are fighting to gain control over what they don't understand, that catastrophic threats start gathering, right?

I like it too, like I said, makes the characters feel more realistic.
I dunno right now for storyline set-ups, it'd take me a while to figure something out that would actually fit.

Not all the time, it's very situation based. What I said fits for Hoerwick's situation but may not for something else. It can probably apply to many situations though.
Kitsune Rena
Javier Cross

That's worse.
We need ideas to fathom.

I like it too, like I said, makes the characters feel more realistic.
I dunno right now for storyline set-ups, it'd take me a while to figure something out that would actually fit.

Not all the time, it's very situation based. What I said fits for Hoerwick's situation but may not for something else. It can probably apply to many situations though.

Why is it that worlds like the Potter-world or dot hack(.hack) feel under-loved for even striving for the minimum of 3 dimensions with personalities at the very least, these days?(Well, among others?)
We may have to list up things we may want if the dot hack universe is to have a snowball's hope in hell at making a comeback for the better, right?
The last thing we need is a dot hack(.hack) response to Duke Nukem Forever, really.

Hoerwick stumbled upon the Supernatural, enough subtext can be taken to fathom he was most likely a Sorcerer of some kind, while the Black Box is also a result of very advanced technology for its time as well.
So many secrets that Black Box possesses, trying to recall all the known ones so far would be hard, attempting to find more would be even more difficult.

Dapper Entrepreneur

8,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Going a bit off topic here... (dunno what to add to the conversation anymore ^^; )

COSPLAY TOPIC!!!!
I'm thinking of doing a crossplay of original Kite and trying to figure how to design his hat....I was thinking of using a cross between a newsboy and trapper design. Not sure if many active people around here know others who have worked on this costume before or plan to work on it, hoping to make a pattern of the hat to put up online (dunno if for sale or free yet, depends on amount of work) but I'm hoping to get something that looks correct proportional to my head and not look like some of the messier versions of the cosplay I've seen. Then the pattern can be altered for all the Kite offshoot types (like Sakuya and Tri-Edge) which I may try working on also after I have a base. The hat is the most confusing part of his design to get made from me looking at it. Some other hats (like Mistral's and Sakubo's) are also set up weirdly so after this first adventure in hat making it'd be interesting to fool with some other types to make it easier for others to work with and get more dot hack cosplay being made and worn. 3nodding
Kitsune Rena
Going a bit off topic here... (dunno what to add to the conversation anymore ^^; )

COSPLAY TOPIC!!!!
I'm thinking of doing a crossplay of original Kite and trying to figure how to design his hat....I was thinking of using a cross between a newsboy and trapper design. Not sure if many active people around here know others who have worked on this costume before or plan to work on it, hoping to make a pattern of the hat to put up online (dunno if for sale or free yet, depends on amount of work) but I'm hoping to get something that looks correct proportional to my head and not look like some of the messier versions of the cosplay I've seen. Then the pattern can be altered for all the Kite offshoot types (like Sakuya and Tri-Edge) which I may try working on also after I have a base. The hat is the most confusing part of his design to get made from me looking at it. Some other hats (like Mistral's and Sakubo's) are also set up weirdly so after this first adventure in hat making it'd be interesting to fool with some other types to make it easier for others to work with and get more dot hack cosplay being made and worn. 3nodding

Sakubo or Sakuya sound a lot like fun, actually. ^_^
Hey, if a couple of people could go with a Crossplay of the 11-12 Doctors from Doctor Who, at 2013, I'm pretty sure that this can be done.

What about BlackRose?

Dapper Entrepreneur

8,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Javier Cross
Kitsune Rena

COSPLAY TOPIC!!!!

Hey, if a couple of people could go with a Crossplay of the 11-12 Doctors from Doctor Who, at 2013, I'm pretty sure that this can be done.

What about BlackRose?

I REALLY REALLY want to do both Kite and BlackRose (have since I first got into .hack, hell I have a BR wallscroll over my bed from when I learned about wallscrolls a year after or so and BR figurine, which was also the first figure I bought). For her, the armor would be the difficult point. I know one cosplayer on DA name Rinature did an awesome job making her costume so I'd probably use that for realistic reference. Really I just need to learn armor crafting with stuff like Worbla and resin then I could get her done (along with painted leggings, messing with some boots and the loincloth pieces, then getting leather strapping for the bra-armor part together). I really want to do their costumes justice when I work on them, so I'll probably go all out on them.
Kitsune Rena
Javier Cross
Kitsune Rena

COSPLAY TOPIC!!!!

What about BlackRose?

I REALLY REALLY want to do both Kite and BlackRose (have since I first got into .hack, hell I have a BR wallscroll over my bed from when I learned about wallscrolls a year after or so and BR figurine, which was also the first figure I bought). For her, the armor would be the difficult point. I know one cosplayer on DA name Rinature did an awesome job making her costume so I'd probably use that for realistic reference. Really I just need to learn armor crafting with stuff like Worbla and resin then I could get her done (along with painted leggings, messing with some boots and the loincloth pieces, then getting leather strapping for the bra-armor part together). I really want to do their costumes justice when I work on them, so I'll probably go all out on them.

I wish you the best of odds if/when you get around to such a task, okay?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff