Welcome to Gaia! ::

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yutora
Wow, this is much easier than I expected.

Though, I just finished with the art.
So maybe its just the beginning being easy.

EDIT: And almost done with appearance o:

It's a marathon, not a sprint, for sure. When you're doing it outside of the challenge you don't have to worry about the wordcount too.

So far only one person has won, so if you finish it all that's something to be proud of!

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Lea Fealith

Haha, I just expected myself to stumble upon questions that would throw me off by a mile, but so far I have been able to answer them so easily. Maybe because I do have my world sort of mapped out in my head? I get so immersed in one section that I just finish the questions so quickly >< You know, I didn't want to join the contest itself because I thought there may be questions that won't be part of my world, but so far I have been proven wrong. Gosh, I appreciate this so much.

Maybe I should join, lol.

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yutora
Lea Fealith

Haha, I just expected myself to stumble upon questions that would throw me off by a mile, but so far I have been able to answer them so easily. Maybe because I do have my world sort of mapped out in my head? I get so immersed in one section that I just finish the questions so quickly >< You know, I didn't want to join the contest itself because I thought there may be questions that won't be part of my world, but so far I have been proven wrong. Gosh, I appreciate this so much.

Maybe I should join, lol.

Sounds like you have a good idea of how your world looks, which is awesome.

You can join at any time, so if you find you are answering everything, you are welcome to join then.

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Lea Fealith

Oh that would be nice, thank you.
I just wouldn't want to commit myself here when I won't finish it;
I'd feel far too bad about that then.

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yutora
Lea Fealith

I think we've had like... 75 or so people start and only 1 has finished. I should start keeping better stats for that.

For me if there's pressure to finish it just makes it harder for me to concentrate and do something, so I totally understand. *Has way to many fiction WiPs out there*

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Lea Fealith
Yutora
Lea Fealith

I think we've had like... 75 or so people start and only 1 has finished. I should start keeping better stats for that.

For me if there's pressure to finish it just makes it harder for me to concentrate and do something, so I totally understand. *Has way to many fiction WiPs out there*

You know that is a lot of people. Do they update on a regular?

Deadlines usually tend to help me finish it in a way, though sometimes I do find myself rushing in that last day or two then. And I feel you on that, I have too many wips :c

AND OH GOD MY BADLY DRAWN PEOPLE.
Why do you like people to draw maaaaaan!

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yutora
Lea Fealith
Yutora
Lea Fealith

You know that is a lot of people. Do they update on a regular?

Deadlines usually tend to help me finish it in a way, though sometimes I do find myself rushing in that last day or two then. And I feel you on that, I have too many wips :c

AND OH GOD MY BADLY DRAWN PEOPLE.
Why do you like people to draw maaaaaan!

The vast majority of people do the first 7 prompts and then never come back. Maybe 10-20 do more than that and get a number of sections done. So far we've had only 5 people break 50 prompts, including one person who went on to win. And there are 481 prompts. So yeah, it really is a challenge.

XD I hate the drawing prompts. In fact I use my privilege as contest runner to skip them for last.

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Lea Fealith

The vast majority of people do the first 7 prompts and then never come back. Maybe 10-20 do more than that and get a number of sections done. So far we've had only 5 people break 50 prompts, including one person who went on to win. And there are 481 prompts. So yeah, it really is a challenge.

XD I hate the drawing prompts. In fact I use my privilege as contest runner to skip them for last.

I think so far I got about 25 behind me, so I hope I can actually hit that 100 mark at least. How many have youa ctually done?

AND THAT IS SO UNFAIR xD
I swear... I am currently doing the 2.2.16 prompt...
I am totally scanning this awful thing tomorrow and showing you the PAIN YOU PUT ME THROUGH!

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yutora
Lea Fealith

I think so far I got about 25 behind me, so I hope I can actually hit that 100 mark at least. How many have youa ctually done?

AND THAT IS SO UNFAIR xD
I swear... I am currently doing the 2.2.16 prompt...
I am totally scanning this awful thing tomorrow and showing you the PAIN YOU PUT ME THROUGH!

rofl I'm sorry! I kept the art prompts to a minimum, at least.

I have 53 prompts done as counted, but that doesn't count the sections where I've only completed some prompts and not others, so I'd say I'm inching towards 100. I've been going at it for 2 years now, which is crazy.

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Lea Fealith

I have 53 prompts done as counted, but that doesn't count the sections where I've only completed some prompts and not others, so I'd say I'm inching towards 100. I've been going at it for 2 years now, which is crazy.

Holy crap, are you serious? Two years?
That is dedication man!

Here is my SHAME SHAME 2.2.16 PROMPT... Don't laugh!
That is the torture you put me through.

And I am too lazy to color it all...
Just pretty much colored the jewelry
emotion_facepalm

Peaceful Lunatic

Yutora
Lea Fealith

That is dedication man!

emotion_facepalm

Those drawing prompts are a hassle. I just drew them all in Paint xp Including the maps.

It took me a few months to finish it, but I am a crazy and fast writer. I have started work with my world Radia again. My first work was supposed to be a part of a series, and then it turned out to be the last book. This new story ought to be the first one.

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Ysavvryl

Those drawing prompts are a hassle. I just drew them all in Paint xp Including the maps.

It took me a few months to finish it, but I am a crazy and fast writer. I have started work with my world Radia again. My first work was supposed to be a part of a series, and then it turned out to be the last book. This new story ought to be the first one.

I got my friend to re-draw them for me biggrin
I hope that still counts, I mean I did them first as an example,
then she offered to redo them so why not habe awesome ones? c:

I see! I am oping to finish it as well.
And nifty! A world can never be too finished as things always grow c:
How many books are in the series?

Peaceful Lunatic

Yutora

I got my friend to re-draw them for me biggrin
I hope that still counts, I mean I did them first as an example,
then she offered to redo them so why not habe awesome ones? c:

I see! I am oping to finish it as well.
And nifty! A world can never be too finished as things always grow c:
How many books are in the series?

As long as they're your designs, I can't see anyone complaining about your friend doing touch-ups. One of my sisters is better at art than me, but she isn't too comfortable with drawing people. Besides, as long as the idea gets across in the pictures, doesn't matter how else they look for something like this.

Good luck with finishing! I skipped around with the sections, trying to do a hard section, than an easy one. I'm not that great with coming up with economic or political systems, but I love doing religion, philosophy, and fantasy creatures, so this set-up works well to do that with.

As for how many are in the Radia series... I'm honestly not certain! It has an overall title of Lady of Five Dragons, and killing off the five overpowered dragons is a big part of the series. Each of the dragons has a certain group of people who defeat it, like a paladin and summoner duo that took on the Night Dragon in that first/last book, and a prince and a wizard who take on the Storm Dragon in the one I'm working on now. So you think there'd be five books... but, the stories that I intend to adapt for the Wind and Snow Dragons are made up of two books each, plus there needs to be a final-final book to deal with the Lady and some other things. So currently, there's eight or nine possible books there. Plus, the Radia used for this project is the 17th incarnation of the world, and I know that there are stories in the 14th, 15th, and 16th incarnations at least to be used in spin-offs...

Really, the whole idea with my world started with wanting to write a dragon-slaying story. And that was supposed to be it. xd

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yutora
Lea Fealith

That is dedication man!

emotion_facepalm

That isn't bad! It illustrates the clothing just like it's supposed to.

Hallo, hallo! Long time, no posting. :c The RPG I originally started this challenge for went
                kerplunk, so I lost my interest in world-building the setting.

But I do want to do this challenge.

So I set-up another thread for a world I've placed a couple novels in. Would it be possible to
                delete my old entry (Izarn) from the list and replace it with this?

Name: Ici Chiot
                        World Name: Lomeelas
                        Thread Link: Lomeelas

First seven challenges already complete and posted. c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items