Welcome to Gaia! ::

Just checking in and saying I haven't forgotten about this place. I copied most of the prompts onto my smartphone and been filling them out whenever I have free time. First time Dropbox actually came in handy.

So how is everyone? =]

EDIT: Question about the mini challenge. I don't really have undead or zombies in my world. Only two people have ever come back from the dead. Can I write about one or both of them and the ramifications of their rising?

Is it still possible to complete the challenge?

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
whimsicaldreamer
It seems to be something that a lot of people are having a problem with and luckily one of the mods in the bugs forum saw the thread about is so something should be being done about it.

It sucks though because people always post in threads after I stop watching them like a hawk.

Philosopy: Gods is done.

And I am doing the Philosophy out of order becuase the ungrouped and religion sections are long. The symbolism is halfway done so that should be up sometime later this month.

Updated! Grats on breaking 200 prompts finished!

Dark Gantz
Just checking in and saying I haven't forgotten about this place. I copied most of the prompts onto my smartphone and been filling them out whenever I have free time. First time Dropbox actually came in handy.

So how is everyone? =]

EDIT: Question about the mini challenge. I don't really have undead or zombies in my world. Only two people have ever come back from the dead. Can I write about one or both of them and the ramifications of their rising?

Is it still possible to complete the challenge?

Yes, if you write 200 words on just those two people it will still count.
October Mini-Prompt: Undead

What culture doesn't have its spirits, zombies, and spooks? Tell me about the undead of your world. What causes their existence? What makes them dangerous? What can be done to stop them from rising or putting them down once they're up?

"We are Endless, for death is not our end."

These were the words of the greatest army known throughout all Weywardian history. The perpetual war cry that inspired men to fight harder, push faster, and give their lives without the fear of death. How did they come to be? Why? Who made them?

It all started with Jezrick and his closest friend Yolen. The two served in the Hestenia Army as foot soldiers but quickily rose to officers the more they proved themselves. At the time, as throughout all time, the Weywardians were at constant war with the demons whom dwelt in the Forever Twilight (equator). Hestenia, being the Southern Kingdom was responsible for keeping the demons from pushing further into The Four Kingdoms controlled lands. One day the General whom Jezrick and Yolen served under decided to push harder into a forest in demon territory. Jezrick and Yolen objected profusely but the General went ahead with his plan. In the end Yolen lost his life and the army suffered great casualties and had to retreat to the capital. Once there, grief stricken, Jezrick publically denounced his superior officer for his blunder at the border.

Ultimately Jezrick was given trial by journey of the Holy Mountain. The Holy Mountain was the one place, the one border, where all the four kingdoms met. It was said that once one completes the trial, they would be granted a weapon that could do what they desired. However, it was extremely rare that this would ever happen and it was expected for Jezrick to die. Yet days later he came trudging back down the mountainside with a beautiful sword in hand. He rose the sword in the air and out of a bright light came Yolen, fully clad in armor. Jezrick said that death would not claim him and death had certainly not claimed Yolen. He cried for his former commanding officer to be dismissed and for himself to take his place. At this point all of Hestenia rallied around him for he was the first in millenia to complete the trials and he was of their country. They would not deny him.

Jezrick marched forth from the capital with an army five times that which came back earlier. He and his army marched back to the border and won battle after battle. Yolen would come when summoned with the sword or when Jezrick was in danger. He became the Undead Guardian. The symbol of the dead not truly dying. Jezrick spoke to his army after a major victory that claimed the lives of many. He said to them that death was not to be feared. That death was a trifling matter. They had claimed victory even when it seemed out of reach. They pushed farther into the Forever Twilight than anyone had ever done. More than the founders of the Four Kingdoms themselves. When Yolen fell his soul had not truly gone to the afterlife but merely manifested from his own body when he made it to the top of the Holy Mountain. He said they were Endless. When a brother fell, his soul went into his fellow brothers on the field and he fought with them eternally. He said death made them stronger and that no demon could take that away from them.

"We are Endless, for death is not our end!"

For generations, Jezrick's beliefs would become known as the Warrior's Philosophy. The tale of Jezrick and his Endless would inspire armies for years to come and also the cause of many theological and philosophical debates.

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Nya.

Don't think I have given up on finishing mine, lol.

Revered Nerd

So I have a couple of sections mostly done, however they are in a word document on my thumb drive and the only computer with the ability to retrieve the information is not working. So I am not going to be able to get anything new up this month. But I should have the ability to get it up next month.

And as next month is NaNoWriMo this kind of works out well for me. I got myself a buffer by breaking the computer.
whimsicaldreamer
So I have a couple of sections mostly done, however they are in a word document on my thumb drive and the only computer with the ability to retrieve the information is not working. So I am not going to be able to get anything new up this month. But I should have the ability to get it up next month.

And as next month is NaNoWriMo this kind of works out well for me. I got myself a buffer by breaking the computer.

You should look into using Dropbox. That way you can save your files in a cloud and access your prompts wherever you got an internet connection. I've been working on mine from my phone, computers at school, and at my comp at home.

Revered Nerd

Dark Gantz

You should look into using Dropbox. That way you can save your files in a cloud and access your prompts wherever you got an internet connection. I've been working on mine from my phone, computers at school, and at my comp at home.

That would be the smart thing to do, but unfortunately I am attached to my thumdrives and stuck in my ways.

Feral Genius

After much laziness and procrastination, I have finally finished up "The Setup" section! xD

Name: Last Trickster Prince
World Name: VEBNA
Thread Link: Here ya go

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Last Trickster Prince
After much laziness and procrastination, I have finally finished up "The Setup" section! xD

You're in! I think you're the first person to have a multi world verse too. =D

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
November Mini-Challenge: Debates!

What issues are hotly debated on your world? Do people disagree about where they came from? Do they fight over who should be in charge, how certain populations should be treated, or what should be done about major social problems? Try to avoid basic nationalist or religious conflicts and look at some areas in your world where the lines are drawn elsewhere. Explain the source of the disagreement and why each side has taken its particular position.

If you write 200 words of this prompt, you get 5k!

Fuzzy Bear

I have a question: I made up a world a couple years ago but never fully developed it and never wrote any prompts on it. Can I use that or would that be considered cheating?

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
jayhearts
I have a question: I made up a world a couple years ago but never fully developed it and never wrote any prompts on it. Can I use that or would that be considered cheating?

As long as the words in the prompt fill are new you can definitely use concepts that you've already been working on.

Revered Nerd

Not going to get the min-promt done.

However I can now acess my things so I should get that up either tonight or tomorrow after I get my daily goal for NaNo in.

Edit

Culture: Recreation and Entertainment Link

and Politics: Populations Link

Are done for Maldia.

Feral Genius

Lea Fealith
Last Trickster Prince

Neat!

Also, I do not foresee completing Culture Pt 1 in the near future. Art is the one thing I haven't really thought about yet. :c I'm just not an art person. I'll make it my goal to finish it by the end of the month, though.

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Last Trickster Prince
Lea Fealith
Last Trickster Prince

Neat!

Also, I do not foresee completing Culture Pt 1 in the near future. Art is the one thing I haven't really thought about yet. :c I'm just not an art person. I'll make it my goal to finish it by the end of the month, though.

Take your time. And remember, you don't have to complete in order.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff