Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lea Fealith
Ok, in an effort to divest myself of this gold I don't need, I've changed how rewards work in the challenge. Now every completed section will result in its own payout, to incentivise people to work slowly to the ultimate goal of completing the challenge! The set up challenges DO NOT COUNT, but everything else does! From now on you get 2 Mil every time you complete a section.

Neat! Now I just... need to re-acquaint myself with the items being sold. I checked out the marketplace, inflation is huge since the last time I was on. Do you know how much the Coco on my avatar's shoulder was purchased for?! 100,000! @@

There are some neat looking things available though. Any cool ones you can think of off the top of your head?

Nuclear Werewolf

Let's make this official. My body is ready... emotion_dowant

Name: Alberic of Krufton
World Name: Ktchn
Thread Link: BAFC: Ktchn

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yonderponder
Lea Fealith
Ok, in an effort to divest myself of this gold I don't need, I've changed how rewards work in the challenge. Now every completed section will result in its own payout, to incentivise people to work slowly to the ultimate goal of completing the challenge! The set up challenges DO NOT COUNT, but everything else does! From now on you get 2 Mil every time you complete a section.

Neat! Now I just... need to re-acquaint myself with the items being sold. I checked out the marketplace, inflation is huge since the last time I was on. Do you know how much the Coco on my avatar's shoulder was purchased for?! 100,000! @@

There are some neat looking things available though. Any cool ones you can think of off the top of your head?

I'm just as lost as you are in that respect. I haven't looked at the marketplace or anything in years, and I don't plan to. I have a lot of stuff that's probably worth billions or something now, that I bought when 5k gold was a hell of a lot of money. sweatdrop

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Alberic of Krufton
Let's make this official. My body is ready... emotion_dowant

Name: Alberic of Krufton
World Name: Ktchn
Thread Link: BAFC: Ktchn

You're on the board!

Toothsome Lunatic

Thanks so much for this challenge. I used it (more like abused it, because I pretty much bent it to my will) to create a world (read: galaxy) for my upcoming story.

I left out a lot of prompts and made up my own, but nonetheless this helped me a lot in fleshing out the world of my story. So thanks again smile

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
morbid punchline
Thanks so much for this challenge. I used it (more like abused it, because I pretty much bent it to my will) to create a world (read: galaxy) for my upcoming story.

I left out a lot of prompts and made up my own, but nonetheless this helped me a lot in fleshing out the world of my story. So thanks again smile

I'm glad it helped! The contest is kinda just a way to keep the prompts in people's minds, but I love it when people use them as they need for whatever project they might have.

Toothsome Lunatic

Lea Fealith
morbid punchline

I'm glad it helped! The contest is kinda just a way to keep the prompts in people's minds, but I love it when people use them as they need for whatever project they might have.

Honestly I've been using this for years and it's been my saviour on several accounts. I've actually had ideas for additional prompts but I always forget to write them down. If I remember any, I'll post them here smile

Revered Nerd

I decided it's been long enough since the last time I updated the information in my thread for this (and I skipped all the map things last time) that I'd give it a go again for fun and the fact the information is really outdated yet again. (Did the first seven, map included and it zapped my brain. I forgot how much thinking this requires. And I know this isn't part of the contest, I'm just doing it for fun.)

This time though I'm doing some number crunching and though I'd share in case anyone was curious. Or wanted a perspective in terms of how much writing it entailed beyond the simple 200 words a prompt estimate.

Total word counts were 134k (2012) and 137k. (2014)
The questions themselves are about 16.5k worth of words.
My answers came out to 117k (initial run in 2012) and then 120k (the update in 2014).

So if anyone was thinking "Geee, this feels like there's a novel's worth of words in this." That's because there is.

Lea Fealith

If this is still going on/you're still looking for additional prompts, I noticed there's not a question about the tilt of the axis. It's an important factor in solar radiation and the seasons. May or may not fall under a trivia type thing though.

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
whimsicaldreamer
I decided it's been long enough since the last time I updated the information in my thread for this (and I skipped all the map things last time) that I'd give it a go again for fun and the fact the information is really outdated yet again. (Did the first seven, map included and it zapped my brain. I forgot how much thinking this requires. And I know this isn't part of the contest, I'm just doing it for fun.)

This time though I'm doing some number crunching and though I'd share in case anyone was curious. Or wanted a perspective in terms of how much writing it entailed beyond the simple 200 words a prompt estimate.

Total word counts were 134k (2012) and 137k. (2014)
The questions themselves are about 16.5k worth of words.
My answers came out to 117k (initial run in 2012) and then 120k (the update in 2014).

So if anyone was thinking "Geee, this feels like there's a novel's worth of words in this." That's because there is.

Lea Fealith

If this is still going on/you're still looking for additional prompts, I noticed there's not a question about the tilt of the axis. It's an important factor in solar radiation and the seasons. May or may not fall under a trivia type thing though.

I'll think about a way to integrate that. I try not to put in questions that make too many assumptions (the world may not be spherical) but it does usually have an effect.

And yes, this challenge is bigger than it seems. twisted
Holy mother of the sun! I haven't really been working too much on this challenge, but I'm revisiting it now. I made the very intelligent decision to set my D&D campaign in my half-built world, so I've mostly been worldbuilding on the fly. It's getting to a point, though, where I need some good, solid info on the setting, so I have returned.

I would like to note that the name of the project has changed. Rather than build the entire world and its many continents, this particular round of BAFC will be dedicated to the continent of Vjunsarr.

XiaraRose's Partner

Hallowed Phantom

Divine Prophet

20,850 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Moira 200
This is very cool! I'm going to attempt to give this a go! I will report back... eventually.

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
I just started writing a new story, for the first time in a while. This looks extremely useful. I'm thinking I will write my story for a while to get into the plot and hash out a rough draft. After that there is a lot of good stuff in this that I can use for ideas to flesh out the story and add depth. I have a feeling that later when I'm adding in more characters I can come back here for ideas on how to make them feel more unique and give them some more personality.

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Gonna bump since we're not on a slow enough forum anymore crying

And to add some content, I'm working on moving the challenge off of gaia, so that there will be a static page or at least a place where the prompts are saved, since this isn't the best platform for it anymore.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff