Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the releases of Flynn's Booty?

Yes 0.044849679645145 4.5% [ 182 ]
No 0.95515032035485 95.5% [ 3876 ]
Total Votes:[ 4058 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 ... 46 47 48 >

Ruthless Phantom

13,175 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
I wish they would stop making those goddamn Gold generators.
Inflation is out of control , the prizes are a disaster , and everything is about spending your own money to get gaia cash.
How are new members even going to get any items ?!
They already cost them a hand or a leg , and with inflation rising it will only get worse !
Gaia used to be a lovely place where nobody cared about how big your wallet is , or getting the money out of you. Now its just terrible. Admins JUST DO SOMETHING about it !!!

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

12,875 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Conventioneer 300
My Name is Juffy
Inflation is out of control , the prizes are a disaster , and everything is about spending your own money to get gaia cash.
They already cost them a hand or a leg , and with inflation rising it will only get worse !
Gaia used to be a lovely place where nobody cared about how big your wallet is , or getting the money out of you. Now its just terrible. Admins JUST DO SOMETHING about it !!!

I seriously have no idea how they expect to get and retain any new members with the economy the way it is. (Or at least, new members that aren't willing to spend craploads of real life $$.) I remember joining Gaia in 2005 and wondering how I'd ever be able to earn enough gold to get the 2000g skirt I wanted. I can't imagine how impossible 500mil looks to a newbie.

Ruthless Phantom

13,175 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
magic_lily

That's exactly my point. I joined few years ago and it used to be different.
I even remember trying to get that ancient katana . It was around 2 mil gold back then.
And now ...... Its about 400 mil of gold on the marketplace.
I don't understand what happened.

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
My Name is Juffy

They're obviously counting on the new members getting items/gold via gold generators & other items in the cash shop. Since new users might not know any better & didn't know that gaia was brilliant before all of this...they're more apt to doing this than older members, which is...sad, & almost blatant use of no prior knowledge to squeeze money out of them. Sigh.

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
magic_lily

I seriously have no idea how they expect to get and retain any new members with the economy the way it is. (Or at least, new members that aren't willing to spend craploads of real life $$.) I remember joining Gaia in 2005 and wondering how I'd ever be able to earn enough gold to get the 2000g skirt I wanted. I can't imagine how impossible 500mil looks to a newbie.

Exactly. I've been around since the beginning of the site (when it was go gaia XD the good old days), with various accounts, & basically you just...had to earn your way to get everything. It was hard, but it was fun, & now...they've sucked all of the fun out of it with instant gratification. Yet, even that gets old. I mean maybe the first few times it's fun to get gold instantly. But over time...it just gets old & boring. So people will get bored of it eventually. Those who have any sense of what fun actually is anyway.

Eternal Dragon

Voted "No" of course.

I support you all. smile May this thread live long.
b u n n y - l i o r e
My Name is Juffy

They're obviously counting on the new members getting items/gold via gold generators & other items in the cash shop. Since new users might not know any better & didn't know that gaia was brilliant before all of this...they're more apt to doing this than older members, which is...sad, & almost blatant use of no prior knowledge to squeeze money out of them. Sigh.

I think you hit the nail on the head, in terms of what people aren't saying about the newbies who spend money on the site. Is that they don't know what this site was like before it became what Gaia is now.

Mainly because no one is telling them, and no one is talking about the events Gaia use to hold that held so much interest, or the things that other users did.

I came onto Gaia back when poor Ian was put onto trial. The idea of such a thing caught my imagination, it was fun and interesting to watch. I wanted to try everything on this site, I fished, I went around the towns, I talked to people and went just about everywhere (nearly). That was what the site was, and then of course I settled down into my circle, but it was fun times.

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Kara Winters
b u n n y - l i o r e
My Name is Juffy

I think you hit the nail on the head, in terms of what people aren't saying about the newbies who spend money on the site. Is that they don't know what this site was like before it became what Gaia is now.

Mainly because no one is telling them, and no one is talking about the events Gaia use to hold that held so much interest, or the things that other users did.

I came onto Gaia back when poor Ian was put onto trial. The idea of such a thing caught my imagination, it was fun and interesting to watch. I wanted to try everything on this site, I fished, I went around the towns, I talked to people and went just about everywhere (nearly). That was what the site was, and then of course I settled down into my circle, but it was fun times.

Yea, exactly. In many ways I can't blame new users who really don't know any better, since they assume that the site is just like this & always has been. However, I find it sad that they really don't offer nearly as many things as they used to, such as a variety of different games, comic updates, back stories, events, etc. Now it's all about cash items, GC, & basically just.....being wealthy & a pretty avatar. This site used to be about so much more than that. It was a community. Now it's segregated & it's really a sad place to be. I'm just not a fan whatsoever of what it's become.

Writer

I don't like gold generators... but I don't think you can "prove" to the admins that Gaia hates them.

If people hated them, they wouldn't sell, the economy wouldn't be affected, and they WOULD stop releasing them.

They DO sell, for whatever reason, and that to them is what matters. As destructive as they are, I don't think there's much we can do about it for that reason. People ARE buying them.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300

Lonely Gaian

Do you like the releases of Flynn's Booty?

Yes 4.9% [ 156 ]
No 95.1% [ 2996 ]
Total Votes: [ 3152 ]

I VOTED NO!!

Fortuitous Phantom

heart I think I'm going to compile a list of ALL the threads outraged by these damn gold rigs to put together. Maybe showing the overwhelming amount to Gaia will get them listening... though it's clear they don't like to listen...

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Kyasuri
heart I think I'm going to compile a list of ALL the threads outraged by these damn gold rigs to put together. Maybe showing the overwhelming amount to Gaia will get them listening... though it's clear they don't like to listen...

Yea I had a huge list compiled in MS word....but that was back when Flynn was rampaging. It was overwhelming & couldn't keep up. Especially now since there's so many GGs.

Tricky Phantom

13,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
I would say Gaia isn't paying any attention to this forum, but a friend of mine was banned for making a joke here, so they apparently have someone watching the place. They just don't give a s**t.

Fortuitous Phantom

b u n n y - l i o r e
Kyasuri

Yea I had a huge list compiled in MS word....but that was back when Flynn was rampaging. It was overwhelming & couldn't keep up. Especially now since there's so many GGs.
Brilliant. Do you still have it? I can only imagine how bloody long and aggravating that list must be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff