Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the releases of Flynn's Booty?

Yes 0.044849679645145 4.5% [ 182 ]
No 0.95515032035485 95.5% [ 3876 ]
Total Votes:[ 4058 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 >

Kyasuri
b u n n y - l i o r e
Kyasuri
heart I think I'm going to compile a list of ALL the threads outraged by these damn gold rigs to put together. Maybe showing the overwhelming amount to Gaia will get them listening... though it's clear they don't like to listen...

Yea I had a huge list compiled in MS word....but that was back when Flynn was rampaging. It was overwhelming & couldn't keep up. Especially now since there's so many GGs.
Brilliant. Do you still have it? I can only imagine how bloody long and aggravating that list must be.

Not to mention it doesn't even include the complaints in the GCD forum.

By the way is something going on because the amount of "sales" today is a bit much, nevermind the repeats.

Fortuitous Phantom

Kara Winters
Kyasuri
b u n n y - l i o r e
Kyasuri
heart I think I'm going to compile a list of ALL the threads outraged by these damn gold rigs to put together. Maybe showing the overwhelming amount to Gaia will get them listening... though it's clear they don't like to listen...

Yea I had a huge list compiled in MS word....but that was back when Flynn was rampaging. It was overwhelming & couldn't keep up. Especially now since there's so many GGs.
Brilliant. Do you still have it? I can only imagine how bloody long and aggravating that list must be.

Not to mention it doesn't even include the complaints in the GCD forum.

By the way is something going on because the amount of "sales" today is a bit much, nevermind the repeats.
Panic. Chaos. 40% off item rigs that have gold generating capabilities as well. Take your pick.
You think Gaia will listen?

They care about one thing ... and one thing only = money. They are a business. Gold currency economy does not generate real money for them; therefore, they must resort to forcing people to use the cash economy to destroy the gold economy - then people will only use cash.

However, they are playing a risky game. I, for one, am not going to return formally hanging here or playing until the system is fixed to a satisfactory compromise. They will likely continue to lose old members (people move on) and scare new members away.

At one point, they will either compromise or the entire Gaia system will crash. Oh well.

Later folks!

Tipsy Prophet

8,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Millionaire 200
I've been gone for only two months
and my items are worth way
way
way more
than they were in february.
******** did gaia do this time?
Souverain
I've been gone for only two months
and my items are worth way
way
way more
than they were in february.
******** did gaia do this time?

Released a lot of gold generators.

Though on the plus side I think they've finally even themselves out, I mean my overall worth has evened out and remained the same.

However, the down side is, this is mainly the result of the vastly large increase and dips in the pricing, because the market is overly inflated people are either charging to much or quickly undercutting a huge portion of the next lowest price. I've seen items that been around for a long while go from 500k to 60k in like two days. You never know what you're going to get in the MP now.
I think this post needs some love. I think if people linked to it in their signatures it would reach a much wider base of people that the SF forum. I will start linking to it in mine. razz

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
AChocolateMouse
I think this post needs some love. I think if people linked to it in their signatures it would reach a much wider base of people that the SF forum. I will start linking to it in mine. razz

I haven't had time to properly give this thread any love. Sad, since it's nearly...what, almost a year old (well, getting there ish) & still has a ton of votes.
Though, I think that since they haven't released FB in...well, a really long time, I just forgot about it. I guess since other gold generators have taken it's place...it's just gotten way too out of hand. But I know a lot of people had spread it around so that was nice. I think it's just tapered off since there are so many GG's & a lot of people have lost total faith.
I agree. But I think it's still relevant to have a simple running tally to show what people do or don't want. Think about it. If people pushed this thing could have 10,000 votes. And if it still had a 95% disapproval rating that might be worth something.

Even if it sits in the background it still shows how people feel about the site and is a valuable resource for arguments against GGs.

Shy Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Elocutionist 200
that poll tho cry

look how many unhappy users.....

gaia... are you listening?
Wow. This intentional inflation is insane.

Explorer

definitely too lazy to read.
why the hell you think I didn't read my chapter 18 in biology and study for my final?
now I like to read, but not particularly lengthy posts on gaia cause I lose interest too fast.
I read a book a week ago, but gaia is not the same.

Tiny Crimester

Please stop releasing more gold generators. ; n ;

suqarbabey's Husband

Loiterer

jesus if that poll doesn't scream stop it gaia, i dunno what does.

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
VaniIla Coke
definitely too lazy to read.
why the hell you think I didn't read my chapter 18 in biology and study for my final?
now I like to read, but not particularly lengthy posts on gaia cause I lose interest too fast.
I read a book a week ago, but gaia is not the same.

I have no idea what this even attributes to the thread? XD
Sorry if it's long...actually, scratch that. not sorry. I was being comprehensive. The main point is basically at the top. It didn't require reading throughout the entire thing. But, I guess...to each their own.
You dont have to read if you don't wish to, but don't need to post saying you didn't either. But I guess it bumped the thread so I'll take it.

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
AChocolateMouse
I agree. But I think it's still relevant to have a simple running tally to show what people do or don't want. Think about it. If people pushed this thing could have 10,000 votes. And if it still had a 95% disapproval rating that might be worth something.

Even if it sits in the background it still shows how people feel about the site and is a valuable resource for arguments against GGs.

Well, my thinking is this:

I run experimental trials in my field all the time. In them, we use our sample as a representative of the population as a whole, since you will never, ever be able to get a response from the entire population. That is what science does all the time: you take your sample from the population it represents, then the results you get from that sample should generalize to the much more vast population. 100 people in a study is much more manageable than....oh, let's say thousands & thousands. That would never happen in a laboratory study. However, the results are generally still valid since they represent who you are studying. Hence when people study effects of drug use (which is what I'm doing currently in my lab), you use a small group to study, & then can assert that this should hold true for the general population of those who abuse a certain drug. Otherwise, you'd never be able to study every single last drug addict in the United States (or wherever else). It would never happen.

Same holds here. Even a site wide poll will never, ever get a vote from every user on Gaia. Some don't vote. Some are mule accounts. Some are not even used that often. So, while ~3k is not the same as the total number of users on Gaia, it is still representative of most Gaians. Of course the fact that it is located in the SF forum, which is where most people displeased with the state of affairs go, it is a bit biased. However, I have had people who were dedicated aquarium people, alchemists, artists, etc., all flock to vote when this was at it's peak. Thus it did have a variety of people, thus being able to generalize to how most people on Gaia feel. A site wide poll would be even better, but no matter my efforts, I was not able to get a response from any mods to do it (most likely since the results would mirror what I have here). So that's why they're going to discount it: a) the fact that it's located in only the SF, & b) that it 'doesn't have enough votes' (which is pure bullshit).

I really wish they would recognize this as being something rather valid & something to be noted. But...I have little hopes of that anymore. It's almost impossible to run a good study on here even with all of my background in research, so eh. They'll find a way to nit pick it to death even if I'm sure my experience in research & the sciences outweighs what knowledge they have. Oh well. We can say we gave it a damn good shot X3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff