Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tadalicious's Waifu

Adorable Shapeshifter

I honestly would LOVE to see this happen.

Anxious Friend

I like this idea beside the soul bound part. 3nodding But I suppose a 30 day wait isn't that bad. Especially since if I bought the item, I'd plan on keeping it for a while.

EDIT: Saw this in ATA!!

Salty Punching Bag

13,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Personally, I think it would be best if the items you buy are permanently soul bound, but they have a sellback price of half their price. Except instead of gold you would get credits for the shop (similar to how you can return real life clothes for shop credit, exclusively to spend at that shop.) This way people have to spend their gold for the shinies, and also have an incentive to spend more there because they might have some credits lying around. I usually hate soul binding too, but I feel like this would make it the most effective. Or, possibly items could be retired from the shop permanently after a certain amount of time, or even randomly, to give investors an interest to spend their gold, too? Just a few ideas C: Basically my logic behind this is that once items become un soul bound they'll likely be on the MP for much cheaper from people who don't want their item anymore, and eventually it would make the shop a lot less effective.

Hopeful Girl

Saw this in ATA. This brings back good memories. Where a few of us Gaians wanted to see recolors back in the day. 4laugh There was, 4? Maybe 5 of us and all we did was recolor items. Actually, here is the original thread we made. Man. Back in 2009? Wow. Look at all the changes.

Anyway, I approve 100%. Some items I'd also like to see:
The Breaker jackets in more colors: black and red, silver and blue, green and purple...
The Harry Potter School items, the shirt/vest combo: pink, purple, orange, white, brown
More hair or shoe colors for Shibuya Nobodies: brown, purple, silver, blue, pink
More colors for the Blades/weapon of the Blade of the Night sky: purple, green, orange, pink
The jackets from the Verdicts: purple, pink, black, green, orange, yellow
More colors to Goddess Modoka hair: that rich red we got from Fashion Flashback/SD Plus Bloody Mary, all the colors of the other Magica characters, orange, green, purple
More colors to the Teams Uniforms hairs: pink, green, orange, purple, silver (Egyptian silver set), white, blue

I'll think of other stuffs later...maybe...? ninja

Anxious Gaian

11,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
This would ward off the oncoming s**t storm from the Flynn's booty and gold sink

Enduring Seeker

All i gotta say is.
I.
Want.

RynoRhino's Secret Admirer

Obsessive Bear

Just wanted to share that I LOVE this <3 I'd totally buy all that makeup and I'd love that Brown wig <3

Festive Celebrator

I love this idea! If it were up to me, Gaia would just copy/paste the whole store front on page 1 and get it rollin'.

Thankful Member

This is so perfect, that if it happened i would be pretty shocked.
But i wouldn't be surprised if this happened in club verge.
Yes please! 3nodding
The Pandaista eyes would also look cute in other colors.

Dapper Flip-Flopper

I like this idea plus would be nifty to see more NPC's in different spotlights

Inquisitive Hunter

I like and support this idea! Would be a nice gold sink and cosmetics are always wanted. c:

Chatty Friend

11,775 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆ ▬▬▬▬▬

This idea sounds brilliant and I love that someone has mention the soul-binding factor, I hate that some items are permanently soul bound to your avatar, but I do like the idea of soul binding them for a temporary measure, did the Mods consider this idea in ATA?

▬▬▬▬▬ ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

Man-Hungry Vegetarian

Nyadriel
Freddiursa
Nyadriel
As nice as all this sounds, I hate to say it... but no.

Not the way you have that set up for CS items
But recolors CS items belong in Alchemy if they are not gonna just give that to us in the items the originals were of. Case in point are the Lunarian Baos and the Porridge wigs made in Alchemy.

Same with eyes and the make up which would prolly go with the tattoo girl - Gold Shop variety. Otherwise... again Alchemy unless we get recolors of CS items they came in.

As for Gold Shop wigs, Kanoko has her hands full with the Alchemy as it is and I would rather her NOT go elsewhere. I like her right where she is. And Brenny needs her anyway. So unless Alchemy, they would belong somewhere else.

I had to put that out there to try and keep things straight. I think I understand where you are going with this.
I might agree with the idea, just not as a new shop where eyes and make up are concerned and certainly not where CS items are concerned - similar styles or other, perhaps.
High-end wigs, maybe. Basic shirts and pants and other clothes, maybe.

They would certainly all have to be worth the gold prices you have suggested.

Sorry, but I have to be logical. But none of this fits, in my mind.

So (and excuse me if I've misunderstood you) you'd be okay with this idea if there was a different shopkeeper and the items didn't quite resemble the originals? I reckon even knock-offs of premium hair/makeup/mods/etc would sell like crazy. Also, it could be worth while having some recolours that are available to non-alchemy users: little things like that would please many users and promote the gold-sink.

In a word... yes - except I really don't think we need a new shop. But maybe new NPCs who were assistants. Like a new hairstylist for the Salon (exclusively for the very wealthy) or... well like that.
Skin Tyte might be more the thing for the make up? If it was done in the Salon, it would not be "wearable" like the make up we have everywhere else.

Clothes and such things as far as knock offs of CS items are concerned have been asked for in higher amounts of gold in various shops. I dunno if we even need that. But we definitely need a lot of high-end Gold Shop items that perhaps reminisce CS clothes in a more generic form but still sought after by those people who dont/cant/wont use gCash.
I think that would work nicely, too! Like an add-on to our existing shops. I think a bit more thought needs to go into whether it'd be better to do that, or collect them together. But that's a bit of a non-issue for me; I think the main thing is just implementing these items, one way or another.

Inquisitor

19,975 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
      I'LL TELL YOU WHAT I WANT, WHAT I REALLY REALLY WANT.
      THIS.

hhhahh all of my gold would go into this shop, if it were to exist. i wouldn't even mind soulbinding for 30 days or whatever.

oisin's recolour? for 2mil? yes please! i want them in grey... and true blue... and hazel.
      and the bass hair in brown and pink is darling!

i'd love the petit cerise fille hair in all sorts of different colours (lavender plssss) and also without the little red ribbons at the end, having them instead the same colour as the rest of the hair (this'd make it a bit different to the original item!)
      and also maybe the dark heart eyes (esp the amber ones!) in all sorts of different colours!

i'd be super happy if gaia did this, omg.
      this shop would ruin me financially, but what the heck.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff