Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Sweetheart

11,650 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Sounds like a great idea!

Eloquent Explorer

I love this idea SO much. This would be perfect.

Indulgent Consumer

I was having this discussion with a friend a few days ago and we couldn't come to the same conclusion of the items. I wanted there to be no sellback price so that the gold that went into the items just disappears as opposed to only part of it (since if there were a sellback price the value of part of it will be retained) but my friend wants a sellback price.

I personally see no reason for a sellback price if items like this would be released since the person buying it probably wants the item very much and is unlikely to sell it anyways.

Man-Hungry Vegetarian

Nyadriel
As nice as all this sounds, I hate to say it... but no.

Not the way you have that set up for CS items
But recolors CS items belong in Alchemy if they are not gonna just give that to us in the items the originals were of. Case in point are the Lunarian Baos and the Porridge wigs made in Alchemy.

Same with eyes and the make up which would prolly go with the tattoo girl - Gold Shop variety. Otherwise... again Alchemy unless we get recolors of CS items they came in.

As for Gold Shop wigs, Kanoko has her hands full with the Alchemy as it is and I would rather her NOT go elsewhere. I like her right where she is. And Brenny needs her anyway. So unless Alchemy, they would belong somewhere else.

I had to put that out there to try and keep things straight. I think I understand where you are going with this.
I might agree with the idea, just not as a new shop where eyes and make up are concerned and certainly not where CS items are concerned - similar styles or other, perhaps.
High-end wigs, maybe. Basic shirts and pants and other clothes, maybe.

They would certainly all have to be worth the gold prices you have suggested.

Sorry, but I have to be logical. But none of this fits, in my mind.

So (and excuse me if I've misunderstood you) you'd be okay with this idea if there was a different shopkeeper and the items didn't quite resemble the originals? I reckon even knock-offs of premium hair/makeup/mods/etc would sell like crazy. Also, it could be worth while having some recolours that are available to non-alchemy users: little things like that would please many users and promote the gold-sink.

Kawaii Slayer

19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50
I would wave goodbye to all my gold for makeup

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Freddiursa
Nyadriel
As nice as all this sounds, I hate to say it... but no.

But recolors CS items belong in Alchemy if they are not gonna just give that to us in the items the originals were of. Case in point are the Lunarian Baos and the Porridge wigs made in Alchemy.

Same with eyes and the make up which would prolly go with the tattoo girl - Gold Shop variety. Otherwise... again Alchemy unless we get recolors of CS items they came in.

As for Gold Shop wigs, Kanoko has her hands full with the Alchemy as it is and I would rather her NOT go elsewhere. I like her right where she is. And Brenny needs her anyway. So unless Alchemy, they would belong somewhere else.

I had to put that out there to try and keep things straight. I think I understand where you are going with this.
I might agree with the idea, just not as a new shop where eyes and make up are concerned and certainly not where CS items are concerned - similar styles or other, perhaps.
High-end wigs, maybe. Basic shirts and pants and other clothes, maybe.

They would certainly all have to be worth the gold prices you have suggested.

Sorry, but I have to be logical. But none of this fits, in my mind.

So (and excuse me if I've misunderstood you) you'd be okay with this idea if there was a different shopkeeper and the items didn't quite resemble the originals? I reckon even knock-offs of premium hair/makeup/mods/etc would sell like crazy. Also, it could be worth while having some recolours that are available to non-alchemy users: little things like that would please many users and promote the gold-sink.

In a word... yes - except I really don't think we need a new shop. But maybe new NPCs who were assistants. Like a new hairstylist for the Salon (exclusively for the very wealthy) or... well like that.
Skin Tyte might be more the thing for the make up? If it was done in the Salon, it would not be "wearable" like the make up we have everywhere else.

Clothes and such things as far as knock offs of CS items are concerned have been asked for in higher amounts of gold in various shops. I dunno if we even need that. But we definitely need a lot of high-end Gold Shop items that perhaps reminisce CS clothes in a more generic form but still sought after by those people who dont/cant/wont use gCash.

In a relationship with so many hot anime guys

Perfect Lover

18,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Threadmaster 200
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

User Image

THIS 700000000000%
PLEASE MAKE THIS GAIA PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Receiver

User Image
noooooooooooooooooooooooo not the most coveted items!!! emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0

Friendly Phantom

I'm really loving the idea.
Supporting this 100% emotion_kirakira

Sparkling Transmutator

Pnyuu
User Image
noooooooooooooooooooooooo not the most coveted items!!! emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0

None of the most coveted items would be in the shop, just one of their poses and it
would be recolored. The original colors will remain in the original coveted item. xp

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

Do want!
I have a lot of items I just want one or two poses of recolored, and for them not to be put in the epic failure that is alchemy.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sparkling Transmutator

Nyadriel

- Cash Shop recolors haven't always been reserved for Alchemy. Many have shown up in
bundles, cash shop sales, etc etc. Only a few have appeared in Alchemy and shall I remind
you that the items that could be made in Alchemy hasn't been updated (or given additions)
since a few months after its creation (with the addition of the Backwing formulas). So Alchemy
does not have dibs on Cash Shop recolors. It only tried it once and it failed miserably.

Nyadriel

Unless something has changed, Kanoko have absolutely nothing to do with Alchemy. The only
NPCs involved in Alchemy is Cresento and Nicolae. Kanoko has never been involved in the process.
The NPC Kanoko, has never brought anything unique or special to Dernier Cri. She has been
Brennivan's assistant since after the Midsummer Swirl RIG (Since 2009). I simply want a store
that is a far better gold sink than the Dernier Cri. You also keep bringing up Alchemy, but I don't
want any of these ideas to be implemented in that failed feature. I want this gold sink to be
available to all Gaians, not those who have hundreds of millions to get to the upper levels (where
most of the current CS recolor formulas are). If these recolors were added to Alchemy, not even
1% of the site would even be able to own one of them. I want this gold sink to be able to affect
a large range of users: the rich who have tons of gold to spend, the well-off that can spend a few
mil from time to time, and lower-income Gaians that can quest for said items without worry that
"rich" Gaians will inflate said recolors to obnoxious prices. Alchemy only benefits and affects the
rich.

Concerning the eyes and makeup, I wouldn't want them to be in the salon. If this gold sink is to
work, such poses cannot act like Salon poses. They must be equip-able in one's inventory. If
they are base altering (like the salon hair and eyes), then users won't be willing to pay the prices.
The Salon hair is a small end gold sink because the prices within are affordable to most Gaians.
Users are more likely to buy more colors of the same wig (if they love the shape and style) if they
are equip-able, otherwise they would only settle with their favorite color and never touch the others
due to their price. There is a limit to which a user will spend to use a pose that will alter their base.
Winter Hue
Wait so are these items gonna be able to equip and not equip? Because I want the Grey Oisin Recolor But what if i want to change my eye colors. Do I have to pay for the new grey eyes?

Fluffy Otaku

Nyadriel

CioccoLatte
User Image

And if ever this gets Verge'd, they'd better raise the irl $$$, so that it's actually more practical to just buy these with gold (even if it costs a few million goldz) than with real $$, so that it still serves as a gold sink. And if some people would rather buy it with $$, well, good for Gaia's funds then :3

Also, i agree that they should be like salon hair: purchase a pose each time you want to change your hair/make-up/eyes.

You are of course, referring to the mp tax gold sink as the Cash Shop and Verge neither generates nor destroys Gaia gold. (have to keep reminding because some people get confused)

Actually I was thinking more of the GC equivalent for buying gold shop items.
For example: Barton Boutique's Oberon cape is selling for either 6000gold or 100GC.
I was thinking of something along the lines of: what if these Kanoko one-pose make-up or wig things were to cost 25$ or 2500GC, yet cost only 1mil gold? (And the sell-back cost should be like just 50k gold)
I'm not really sure how much Gold you can get from GC (since Flynn's Booty thing kinda warps the conversion now more than ever). But I am going along the lines of REIs at 5$ which usually sells at around 400-500k gold in the MP (depending on the popularity of the item).

Hmmm....
I think I am sorta confused...Cash Shop or Verge items neither generates nor destroys gold?
*goes to inventory to try and sell stuff
Hey, yeah! You can't sell them from your inventory for anything unless you put them up in the MP! (Learn something new everyday :3 )
I guess I was thinking of these one-pose items acting like most gold shop items (if they don't get Verge'd): where users have the option to buy either with GC or gold.

Sorry if this post seems robe going around and around...brain not at optimum right now XD

Shy Gaian

I like this idea, a lot. I don't really have an ideas or suggestions, but I think this would be useful.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff