Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Before I comment on your response, I have one thing I'd like to address not only to you, but to ANY user who decides that they're going to give Gaia a piece of their mind.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP CALLING OUT MODS!

They ARE NOT Gaia's senior staff.

They ARE volunteers.

They ONLY help in keeping the forums together.

They DO NOT WORK at Gaia HQ.

They CANNOT give you any answers on situations like this BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW.

So, AGAIN, leave them out of it.

An Admin and a Mod are two very different positions. Think of an Admin as being the one working at HQ and being the Mods' supervisor. They are not on equal grounding.

Now then, about your response...

Zero's response was as far as you're going to get in a final answer on this problem.

Yes, it left on a sour note. But problems normally don't end with everyone hugging it out. In the matter of this site and discovering staff mules buying from the MP, it already created a bad taste in your (collective) mouths and it will always taste bad to you no matter the answer. Even IF Zero were to have said that they reversed all transactions, will no longer allow staff to buy off the MP this situation will always leave a bad taste due to it's impact on the community.

If I were to go into any sort of phase 2 with my feedback, based on what Zero said and what I learned from all this it would be this:

1. Any items or materials gained from testing purposes should not be used in the public sphere.

• This means that there should be a script in place to dispose of these things. After all, every company has a test server. And as we know, test servers are not made for public viewing. They're made as a private place to test out bugs and glitches. So with that strain, it would be a natural assumption that anything tested on those servers should be treated as something that never gets released into the public.

2. If the staff wants donated items for their next Flynn's Plunder or Kickstart, then why not ask users to either help them front the gold or for direct item donations themselves?

• Recycling something we already have is far better than "recycling" gold that was not meant for public use (the test gold). If keeping items in circulation and emptying out gold from the system is the goal here, then let us give a little extra. Heck, it's far better than the barrage of Kickstarts you've been inconsiderate about.

We can already donate to Dumpster Dive, so why not make one based on your preferences for the next FP auction?

3. Staff stays out of the MP unless it's for personal use.

• I think we've all had an experience where a staff member bought from our stores on the MP. However I'm pretty tired of seeing the word "mistake" being used as a sorry excuse. And yes, it is. It's an excuse because, for some reason, in the course of "studying" the MP, it hasn't crossed your mind to analyze user behavior concerning it. If you were properly studying the MP, then you'd study the varying aspects of Gaia's market economy as a whole. So the only thing I can conclude is that this MP "study" was nothing more than taking a literal look at posted prices and averages.

So unless you're using your gold to spruce up your avatar/house/aquarium, stay out.

Other than that, I'd like for your staff to be smacked upside the head in a "V8" moment way. Keeping your head down while you work and trying to discern user behavior through posted averages and numbers is no way conducive in understanding how we behave towards certain things. All it means is that you aren't being attentive like you should be. Thus taking your statistics for granted and getting you into trouble.

Divine Muse

Queen Monochrome
Jayce Reinhardt
Queen Monochrome
Jayce Reinhardt
AngelinARosebed
Gash Thrashum

You can't control what certain users do, though. If a user is being abusive towards others or being hostile, Gaia can deal with them for those specific reasons. What a few people do shouldn't be representative of our initial investigations which turned out to be true, nor our goals which were and still are, to reverse the transactions and keep Gaia from interfering in the MP by purchasing items from users only to re-list them, when they have the ability to create them out of thin air. It's to get complete honesty and maybe work towards more transparency. There are plenty of contradictory statements and holes, especially after this last statement, and they chose to stifle discussion by closing the threads soon after.
No, but when even the OP of a thread is being blatantly rude and/or disrespectful to people, it sets a tone for the entire thread. It wasn't just a 'few' people, either, but a fairly decent number of people. Yes there were people on both sides of the argument who were being rude and unreasonable, but when defending your point of view, if you resort to being just as rude as the other person, then how does that make you any better? Aside from that, even people who were trying to be reasonable in stating their opinions got treated poorly.

Also, the goals of the thread were not always clear. More time was focused on locating specific staff mules and scrutinizing various accounts that may or may not have been staff. Specific staff mules were not the problem. It really doesn't matter what accounts they were using, what matters is what they were doing. I did see a few people stating what they wanted, but for the most part, what I saw was a vague 'we want answers'. Well, staff did give answers. They weren't the answers people wanted to hear, granted, but answers were still technically given.

I'm not going to argue about whether the statement given by Zero is true or false, because that was never the point of my original post to begin with. The only thing I was pointing out is that both the users and the staff handled this poorly.

Can you specify exactly what words and phrases you considered rude and disrespectful?

And not answering the questions people were asking is not what I consider "answers"

Immediately closing the thread to prevent any further inquiries of elaboration also can be considered rude and disrespectful. (Thought I know Zero was acting on orders)

http://s20.postimg.org/ozuuhmhgt/truthinessbitchresize.png

There's a certain way one should ask for answers to their questions, and the OP certainly didn't ask in the most respectful way. Now, of course, I'm lazy, so I won't point it out, because that's really not my main point.

What I do find disrespectful is that the OP would use a mule account to do this, fearing repercussions to their main. Why? You know, with all of the bullshittery people claim Gaia has done, I have never seen anything about Gaia banning people for calling them out or asking questions. Hell, look at Menstrual Cramps. She was the one who made not one, but TWO identical threads regarding the 133TGate thing, and I still see her posting around.

If you want Gaia to respect you enough to give you answers, you have to respect Gaia enough to not hide behind a mule demanding answers.

Wow,. . . ok,. . . . . so you didn't want to answer my question. Kind of like the staff.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I did answer your question, though?

I pointed out that the OP was being disrespectful in hiding who he actually was. While I think that the way he phrased things certainly could have been better, that wasn't necessarily my gripe with the OP.

Hiding who they are wasn't disrespectful.

Disrespecting someone is being insulting, personal attacks, or tearing someone else down.

You can explain to me however how it offended you in some way that the OP was on a mule out of fear though. Out of fear of exactly what is happening now. Numerous people are coming in to bash the OP now.

But unlike the OP mule, I never cared if someone bashed me because I am a blunt person and I give as good as I get.

Divine Muse

Queen Monochrome
Jayce Reinhardt
Queen Monochrome
Jayce Reinhardt
AngelinARosebed
Gash Thrashum

You can't control what certain users do, though. If a user is being abusive towards others or being hostile, Gaia can deal with them for those specific reasons. What a few people do shouldn't be representative of our initial investigations which turned out to be true, nor our goals which were and still are, to reverse the transactions and keep Gaia from interfering in the MP by purchasing items from users only to re-list them, when they have the ability to create them out of thin air. It's to get complete honesty and maybe work towards more transparency. There are plenty of contradictory statements and holes, especially after this last statement, and they chose to stifle discussion by closing the threads soon after.
No, but when even the OP of a thread is being blatantly rude and/or disrespectful to people, it sets a tone for the entire thread. It wasn't just a 'few' people, either, but a fairly decent number of people. Yes there were people on both sides of the argument who were being rude and unreasonable, but when defending your point of view, if you resort to being just as rude as the other person, then how does that make you any better? Aside from that, even people who were trying to be reasonable in stating their opinions got treated poorly.

Also, the goals of the thread were not always clear. More time was focused on locating specific staff mules and scrutinizing various accounts that may or may not have been staff. Specific staff mules were not the problem. It really doesn't matter what accounts they were using, what matters is what they were doing. I did see a few people stating what they wanted, but for the most part, what I saw was a vague 'we want answers'. Well, staff did give answers. They weren't the answers people wanted to hear, granted, but answers were still technically given.

I'm not going to argue about whether the statement given by Zero is true or false, because that was never the point of my original post to begin with. The only thing I was pointing out is that both the users and the staff handled this poorly.

Can you specify exactly what words and phrases you considered rude and disrespectful?

And not answering the questions people were asking is not what I consider "answers"

Immediately closing the thread to prevent any further inquiries of elaboration also can be considered rude and disrespectful. (Thought I know Zero was acting on orders)

There's a certain way one should ask for answers to their questions, and the OP certainly didn't ask in the most respectful way. Now, of course, I'm lazy, so I won't point it out, because that's really not my main point.

What I do find disrespectful is that the OP would use a mule account to do this, fearing repercussions to their main. Why? You know, with all of the bullshittery people claim Gaia has done, I have never seen anything about Gaia banning people for calling them out or asking questions. Hell, look at Menstrual Cramps. She was the one who made not one, but TWO identical threads regarding the 133TGate thing, and I still see her posting around.

If you want Gaia to respect you enough to give you answers, you have to respect Gaia enough to not hide behind a mule demanding answers.

Wow,. . . ok,. . . . . so you didn't want to answer my question. Kind of like the staff.

I pointed out that the OP was being disrespectful in hiding who he actually was. While I think that the way he phrased things certainly could have been better, that wasn't necessarily my gripe with the OP.

Edit: Also, I found your response to me to be quite disrespectful. I would appreciate it if you changed your tone.

Oh stop it, really.
I have not insulted you
I have not name called
I have even toned down my usual ******** cursing.
You WANT to find my words disrespectful but the truth is I have not demeaned you or disparaged you once.

But keep gaslighting here, I know those strategies myself.

Edgy Trash

Jayce Reinhardt
Queen Monochrome
Jayce Reinhardt
Queen Monochrome
Jayce Reinhardt

Disrespecting someone is being insulting, personal attacks, or tearing someone else down.

You can explain to me however how it offended you in some way that the OP was on a mule out of fear though.

See, I cannot convince someone who has convinced themselves of something different. That said, though, disrespect is not something that is black and white, as you seem to believe. Disrespect is literally a lack of respect. By hiding oneself and demanding answers, it shows that the OP does not respect Gaia enough to ask them with their main account.

And I don't quite understand why you are asking how the OP using a mule offends me, because that has no bearing on the situation at hand, which is that what the OP did is, in fact, disrespectful to Gaia.

If you didn't see in my edit in my previous post, I felt you were being quite disrespectful towards me in your previous post, and I would appreciate you changing your attitude. That said, though, you did better in your current post, so I do thank you for that.

Edit: It would be best if you didn't make a scene about what I said. As I just said in this post, you appeared to have adjusted your attitude when responding to me. Please do not ruin it. We were having a somewhat nice debate, yes?

Divine Muse

Queen Monochrome
Jayce Reinhardt
Queen Monochrome
Jayce Reinhardt
Queen Monochrome
Jayce Reinhardt

You can explain to me however how it offended you in some way that the OP was on a mule out of fear though.

See, I cannot convince someone who has convinced themselves of something different. That said, though, disrespect is not something that is black and white, as you seem to believe. Disrespect is literally a lack of respect. By hiding oneself and demanding answers, it shows that the OP does not respect Gaia enough to ask them with their main account.

And I don't quite understand why you are asking how the OP using a mule offends me, because that has no bearing on the situation at hand, which is that what the OP did is, in fact, disrespectful to Gaia.

If you didn't see in my edit in my previous post, I felt you were being quite disrespectful towards me in your previous post, and I would appreciate you changing your attitude. That said, though, you did better in your current post, so I do thank you for that.

Edit: It would be best if you didn't make a scene about what I said. As I just said in this post, you appeared to have adjusted your attitude when responding to me. Please do not ruin it. We were having a somewhat nice debate, yes?

Your definition of what disrespect is isn't what the definition is in the dictionary or what I grew up with.

That being said I am terminating our conversation due to the severe amount of gaslighting.

Using a mule does not diminish the OP's points. You'll have to find someone else to sucker and make a scene with since my dinner is here and I'm kinda hungry.

Good luck.

Edit - If I ever need lessons on how to be condescending as ******** to someone, I will look you up.

Edgy Trash

Jayce Reinhardt
Queen Monochrome
Jayce Reinhardt
Queen Monochrome
Jayce Reinhardt

Your definition of what disrespect is isn't what the definition is of the dictionary or what I grew up with.

That being said I am terminating our conversation due to the severe amount of gaslighting.

Using a mule does not diminish the OP's points. You'll have to find someone else to sucker and make a scene with since my dinner is here and I'm kinda hungry.

Good luck.

Disrespect literally means "no respect". Respect is something that is subjective, and it's because of this that "disrespect" is not a black and white term. What one considers "respectful" may be disrespectful to another, and the opposite is also true.

I never said that using a mule diminished the OP's points, although I did make a post rebutting his points. I would certainly appreciate it if you didn't attempt to put words in my mouth. What I said was that the OP was being disrespectful in how he went about making his points.

I'll just make a final response to you, which is that you would do well to adjust your attitude when you debate with people, because you are, once again, being disrespectful towards someone who has done nothing but be nice to you despite your attitude problem.

I also wish you luck in your future debates with people. Assuming that you and I run into each other again, I would like to hope that you will have adjusted your attitude accordingly.

Thank you.

Daring Red-Shirt

Jayce Reinhardt

Yes, I can. I'm not going to link specific posts here, however, because as I understand it that can be considered a form of harassment (or at least that's what I've heard? I'm not entirely certain on that though.) as well as the fact that honestly, I don't care about arguing my point enough to go digging through a 100+ and a 60+ page thread to find specific posts to prove a point with. I'm not upset if people don't agree with me, especially as I know my thoughts on the matter are unpopular.

The problem that I stated, though, is that many people were not asking any actual questions, but demanding a vague 'we want answers'. I'm not going to argue for or against the answer staff provided because it's not my point. My point was simply, I don't feel the original threads did a very good job of relaying what it was people wanted answers to.

Also as I've said, I can understand why people are angry why the thread was closed. I still think it was for the better, regardless.

Daring Red-Shirt

Gash Thrashum

The "both sides are just as bad" argument is usually a cop-out to appear impartial and refuse to take a side, even when one of these sides has shown to be obfuscating, lying, doing damage control, making choices that negatively impact the userbase, and making conflicting statements. You can point out that some users were being irrational or even abusive, but it's understandable given how Gaia has responded and the anger many users felt. Like I said, they have a moderation team that can warn users for getting out of line. I don't condone any abusiveness towards others or blindly making claims in the hopes that something sticks.

If you aren't saying both sides were equally bad, my apologies. However, that's how it comes across in your text.

I stated various times what the goals were and it was pretty obvious the thread was calling for Gaia to be accountable for all of their actions. It was necessary to show how we arrived at our conclusions to keep people from dismissing it as mere "conspiracy theories," which some continued to call it despite staff admitting to it. I feel like you would have to try really hard reading the thread and the replies to arrive at the conclusion that we only wanted vague, written answers and not action that rectified most, if not all, the unfortunate choices they made.

Ultimately, whatever squabbles arose between certain groups of users over the course of these threads should remain trivial because they're irrelevant to the real issues which are yet to be addressed. We got an unsatisfactory answer followed by locked threads which means we weren't allowed to further press them on reversals. In fact, many people still had no idea that despite stating they would reverse the ticket sale, they decided not to. I pointed this out multiple times in a couple of threads and was told I was wrong because of Zero's initial statement, which turned out to be a lie.
Yes, I am saying that both parties are at fault. Not for Gaia's screw up, but for those specific threads being closed. Gaia screwed up, but the users didn't respond very well, either. Being angry does not justify some of the things I've seen go on in those threads. You can argue all you want that it was only a few users and that mods should have taken care of it, but I think I've made my point very clear on where I stand and why. Agree or disagree, my feelings won't be hurt either way.

Also, being able to see both the flaws and good points on both sides is not being 'impartial', though I also don't believe there's anything wrong with being impartial. It isn't a cop-out to be able to point out the flaws on both sides, it's being able to see things with a clear point of view. You make it sound as though people need to take your side 100% or they're wrong. I am not saying that this is what you're implying, but it is the way you're coming across.

I believe I have pointed out my reasoning for what I've said clearly enough in previous posts, I'm not going to reiterate them further. At this point I am simply going to drop the subject, because I can see that debating the topic further is going to be nothing more than a waste of both our time. I wish you luck, and I truly do hope that you all get whatever answers it is that you're hoping for.

Shirtless Fairy

Catalyste
-snipped for length-

The reason the mods are being called out is because one of the moderators made an EXTREMELY unprofessional post in this thread. Normally I'd 100% agree with leaving the mods alone when Gaia itself ******** up, but this is a bit of a justified exception.

You bring up very, very good points, but I do want to point out that for the third comment: having a staff member openly buying stuff (for example, reapersun once bought a ton of fish from me during the great Case of Pietro fiasco) is pretty different from a mule with an uncolored username buying things in the trillions. If they're going to be buying for personal gain, okay, but it really shouldn't be going through a hidden mule with potentially illegitimate gold.

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
XxRainyCloudsxX
One thing i don't understand, even if case was resolved in their eyes, i can understand why they would lock the SF thread since it answered their feedback, etc.

But i don't know why they had to lock the GCD one, that thread was in GCD, it is meant to be a discussion thread on the issue, just because the SF Thread was finally answered doesn't mean the discussion was over, so i don't understand the need to lock both threads. =/
Gaia is trying to sweep the issue under the rug.

Invisible Phantom

18,925 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pieversity 200
The Body Farm
I quite enjoy how EVERY person in a high position was out of the country or traveling. Seems to me like everyone had to sit around in a room and come up with a fake excuse to cover their asses for purposefully ******** with the MP.

At least we know where the GC is going. lol Sorry I couldn't resist that joke.

Kawaii Noob

7,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Hero 100
Queen Monochrome
It has been established that one transaction was reversed, which was the one regarding 133 trillion gold. That was an absurd number. Of course it was reversed! It has also been established that they aren't reversing the other transactions, because the amount of gold was, in all honesty, not that much, in the grand scheme of things.

Not sure if it has been established. Zero did say they were going to remove the gold, but we haven't had any confirmation that it was removed. On top of that, Zero said:

Quote:
The double rainbow ticket will be placed in our next gold sink event as a raffle

So is this the ticket purchased with the 133t? Or did they generate a new ticket?

Clarification on this would be great.

Edgy Trash

The Rain is Falling
Queen Monochrome
It has been established that one transaction was reversed, which was the one regarding 133 trillion gold. That was an absurd number. Of course it was reversed! It has also been established that they aren't reversing the other transactions, because the amount of gold was, in all honesty, not that much, in the grand scheme of things.

Not sure if it has been established. Zero did say they were going to remove the gold, but we haven't had any confirmation that it was removed. On top of that, Zero said:

Quote:
The double rainbow ticket will be placed in our next gold sink event as a raffle

So is this the ticket purchased with the 133t? Or did they generate a new ticket?

I'll have to look into where Zero said that all of the gold would be removed, since that would be kind of hard to do, since that decision came very late, unlike the decision to reverse the transaction with the 133 trillion gold.

If I recall correctly, didn't they purchase multiple tickets? I dunno. Gaia had to have reversed the 133 trillion transaction, only because if they hadn't, then the person whose ticket was originally bought wouldn't have complained in the forums about the fact that Gaia was only reversing HIS transaction and nobody else's.

It is also possible that they generated that ticket, but then if they did that, they would still be bitched at. Catch 22, man.

Heart Tamer

The Rain is Falling
Queen Monochrome

Quote:

It wasn't generated. That's the original ticket they purchased for 133t. Also, the user kept most, if not all of the gold and was given at least one item of their choosing as compensation, though I suspect it was two other tickets (two Platinum Tickets).

Kawaii Noob

7,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Hero 100
Queen Monochrome
The Rain is Falling
Queen Monochrome

Quote:

I'll have to look into where Zero said that all of the gold would be removed, since that would be kind of hard to do, since that decision came very late, unlike the decision to reverse the transaction with the 133 trillion gold.

If I recall correctly, didn't they purchase multiple tickets? I dunno. Gaia had to have reversed the 133 trillion transaction, only because if they hadn't, then the person whose ticket was originally bought wouldn't have complained in the forums about the fact that Gaia was only reversing HIS transaction and nobody else's.

It is also possible that they generated that ticket, but then if they did that, they would still be bitched at. Catch 22, man.

I'll link you the post let me go find it.

edit:

this is where I found the quote I posted earlier here

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas