Welcome to Gaia! ::

viscountice
lost in the rhythm
I did NOT say that I believe the gold is/was legitimate. I said that STAFF made REPEATED claims stating that the gold was legitimate and that it was a legitimate purpose, and that I do not think the user who was repeatedly lied to and offered ******** HUSH MONEY should be held responsible for GAIA INTERACTIVE'S poor decisions.

Opinion's are opinions, some might think the user is greedy for not wanting to give up the gold, but in the end it is not like they botted the gold or partook in the transaction knowing it was illegitimate. In the end, there is still a ton of gold being pumped into the economy by staff, and one transaction being reversed will make minuscule difference. Gaia has no interest in fixing the economy.

I never said that you said the gold was legitimate, i was just saying how i don't think it was legitimate. The user wasn't repeatedly lied to, because Zero only stated once that it was a legitimate transaction.
I don't understand why people are saying gaia is trying to give him "hush money" when this was all made public. What exactly are they trying to keep him quiet about?
What exactly could the user do, anyways? sue gaia?
They could have reversed the transaction without offering anything to that user, but they did anyways as a way to apologize for what they did. It's silly to say it was hush money.

This should have never happened in the first place, and it was wrong for the staff to lie about it.

The funny thing about this, is that users wouldn't have found out at all about this transaction if Rina wasn't boasting to everyone about the sale.

Ice-Cold Star

lost in the rhythm
Yeah, but who wouldn't boast about a sale like that? If I sold something for 133t for SURE I'd be like, "HIT THE JACKPOT GUYS! DRINKS ON ME!"

Lonely Codger

20,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
lost in the rhythm
Also, the user never stated he was going to donate most of that gold to help, he actually states he was going to put aside only 30-40t for donations.
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2r23qj6.jpg

I'm not sure; the phrasing is somewhat ambiguous. I would have read that as Rina having put aside the 30-40T when Gaia contacted him, before he earmarked any more of it for anything else, not that he was only planning on ever giving away that amount. (But I don't know the user in question, so I have no way of knowing for sure what he actually intended at the time either way.)

lost in the rhythm
The funny thing about this, is that users wouldn't have found out at all about this transaction if Rina wasn't boasting to everyone about the sale.

Not entirely true, actually. The whole fiasco first came to light when users who keep track of how much gold is spent on the Marketplace daily noticed a huge spike for that one day (due to the 133T and other inflated staff purchases). The assumption was that a gold generator was buggy and giving out way too much gold. That's when Zero stepped in to say it wasn't a buggy generator, the gold was all legitimate, but an account that just so happened to have over a hundred trillion gold that they were just sitting on decided to spend it. It was at that point that other users started looking into the transaction (and the buyer), where it became obvious that the buyer was a staff mule and not an ordinary user, and that the gold wasn't generated by admin access, not normal gold earning methods.

THAT'S the real funny thing: if the staff hadn't overpaid for the item, it wouldn't have made such a massive difference in the daily MP stats, and no one would have had any reason to even look at the situation any further. (Rina says he only posted the Ticket at that price as proof he had it in his possession while he negotiated a sale off the MP. Had Gaia tried to buy it that way, they presumably could have gotten it for much, much less, and it never would have shown up in the MP report.)
O.T.L.
lost in the rhythm
Also, the user never stated he was going to donate most of that gold to help, he actually states he was going to put aside only 30-40t for donations.
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2r23qj6.jpg

I'm not sure; the phrasing is somewhat ambiguous. I would have read that as Rina having put aside the 30-40T when Gaia contacted him, before he earmarked any more of it for anything else, not that he was only planning on ever giving away that amount. (But I don't know the user in question, so I have no way of knowing for sure what he actually intended at the time either way.)

lost in the rhythm

Not entirely true, actually. The whole fiasco first came to light when users who keep track of how much gold is spent on the Marketplace daily noticed a huge spike for that one day (due to the 133T and other inflated staff purchases). The assumption was that a gold generator was buggy and giving out way too much gold. That's when Zero stepped in to say it wasn't a buggy generator, the gold was all legitimate, but an account that just so happened to have over a hundred trillion gold that they were just sitting on decided to spend it. It was at that point that other users started looking into the transaction (and the buyer), where it became obvious that the buyer was a staff mule and not an ordinary user, and that the gold wasn't generated by admin access, not normal gold earning methods.

THAT'S the real funny thing: if the staff hadn't overpaid for the item, it wouldn't have made such a massive difference in the daily MP stats, and no one would have had any reason to even look at the situation any further. (Rina says he only posted the Ticket at that price as proof he had it in his possession while he negotiated a sale off the MP. Had Gaia tried to buy it that way, they presumably could have gotten it for much, much less, and it never would have shown up in the MP report.)
Read it however you want to, I see it as the user stating they were only going to put aside 30-40t to donate to people.

No, the only way people found out about it is because Rina was boasting about the sale.
If he didn't say anything, people would have assumed it was just the gold generators either being glitched, or just had extremely high payouts.
Since Zero stated that the generators aren't glitched, then people would have assumed that the generators just had extremely high payouts.
No one even suspected that staff members, or even regular gaians, were making these purchases with generated gold until Rina went around telling people about that sale.
When word came to Gash, Menstrual Cramps and I, we decided to do some investigating about the person who made that purchase only to uncover that it was a staff member.

So it actually all started when Rina was boasting about the sale, otherwise we would have been focusing on the gold generators.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
It's sad gold shops have to suffer now because of the 133T thing. New Gaians should not have to pay for the faults of staff.

Jay Flores's Wife

Fashionable Ladykiller

lol people being pissy because they didn't reverse the 133T transaction, not like he really planed to sell it for that price, anywayssss. Jealous people.

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

oh wow this hasn't been loked yet
Samurai XIII
lol people being pissy because they didn't reverse the 133T transaction, not like he really planed to sell it for that price, anywayssss. Jealous people.

We wouldn't be pissed if they hadn't said they were going to reverse it.
Imo Rina should've kept the gold since the begining, but Gaia promised otherwise —& it seems like they lied yet again.
smile smile smile
This is not about being "jealous", this is about being lied to & be seen as an idiot who won't find out what is actually going on.
Michelle Chiba
*watches the drama with popcorn...*:popcorn:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

you've been saying this exact phrase in every damn forum & topic for the past week.

Bibliophile

sobacco
Michelle Chiba
*watches the drama with popcorn...*:popcorn:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

you've been saying this exact phrase in every damn forum & topic for the past week.
Okay I thought I've seen this user post this a few times.....

Jay Flores's Wife

Fashionable Ladykiller

sobacco
Samurai XIII

Imo Rina should've kept the gold since the begining, but Gaia promised otherwise —& it seems like they lied yet again.
smile smile smile
This is not about being "jealous", this is about being lied to & be seen as an idiot who won't find out what is actually going on.
Maybe not you, but people are jealous, I've seen it and I'm just pointing. Gaia has been ******** with us for far too long, at this point l really don't feel like this is any surprise. Furthermore, they lied in the very beginning when they said it was legitimate Gold, so by lying that they were going to reverse the transaction and by saying that they should stick to their word, you're negating one lie and ignoring the other. Anyway, they told this person it was legitimate Gold and then changed their mind, said they were going to reverse it so it's only right the person gets to keep their Gold. I'm just saying.
Samurai XIII
sobacco
Samurai XIII

smile smile smile
Maybe not you, but people are jealous, I've seen it and I'm just pointing. Gaia has been ******** with us for far too long, at this point l really don't feel like this is any surprise. Furthermore, they lied in the very beginning when they said it was legitimate Gold, so by lying that they were going to reverse the transaction and by saying that they should stick to their word, you're negating one lie and ignoring the other. Anyway, they told this person it was legitimate Gold and then changed their mind, said they were going to reverse it so it's only right the person gets to keep their Gold. I'm just saying.

I'm not saying he shouldn't keep the gold, I'm saying Gaia straight up lied. For all I care, Gaia could have done nothing to reverse 133t, but they decided to lie & dig a bigger hole to save their butts.
Good for him on keeping the gold tho, it's only fair since no other purchases were reversed.

Heart Tamer

I guess they're going to leave it to us to clear up what they've refused to clarify. That's pretty disappointing.

In a relationship with PoshuI

Every single time they do some of their bullshit people act like it's the first time "what?! I trusted them!" and I'm just like... *throws hands up*

people acting like there can be "two sides" in an imbalanced power relationship like ******** owners and staff of the site who can ban you and hide threads (why I can't read the previous thread connected to this one), make/take gold and items at will and users who can't. smh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff