Minty-MANZANA
Wasn't here a post by Narumi yesterday?

It's still there.

Gambino Lover

Gash Thrashum
Minty-MANZANA
Wasn't here a post by Narumi yesterday?

It's still there.

Ah, there it is, she changed her avi. Thanks a lot!

Vermillion Shapeshifter

I can't believe the original thread was closed and the staff and mods consider this issue "closed". Really? We all know what happened, the facts are there, do not try to twist and bend them to your advantage Gaia!

Zero's response before the 133tgate thread was closed is pathetic at the least. First of all, how unaware must you be to "misread" the price of an item? Specially if it's a rare and valuable item. I figured you double, triple-check the price before you click on that Buy Now button. Check if it's actually worth it and the price is not super inflated. You check for other sellers' prices. But they blame the confusion on "late nights and too many 0s"; my 6 year old cousin can come up with better excuses. If the 0s are way too many and the buyer genuinely had trouble reading them, WHY THE HECK DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT INFLATION THEN? IT'S NOT SO FUN AFTER ALL, RIGHT? What I find unbelievable is that someone had the amount of gold the ticket was being sold for but it was bought "on accident" because "there were too many 0s". Who has that much spare change??

Also, are they reversing the transaction or not? What about all the other transactions made by other staff mules? And that lousy explanation of how the gold pumped into the economy will eventually be taken out via gold sinks, if you hadn't purchased the ticket in the first place and gone ahead with the gold sink, you would be genuinely taking out gold. The logic here is that they pumped 133T into the economy, but that gold is going to be spent by the ticket seller, thus returning to the site and being destroyed. So there's still a ticket, but no gold. Couldn't you have just generated the ticket instead and be done with it?

Plus: "Gold injected into the economy by our purchasing of items will continue to be extracted by Flynn’s Plunder and gold sink events over the course of this month and next." How are you so sure the gold you dumped is actually going to end up there? Not everybody donates to/purchases from these things. I don't, I just buy items from the MP. You can't be sure that those sellers are going to sink the gold they got either.

Magical Kitten

Blood-Splattered Sundress
I can't believe the original thread was closed and the staff and mods consider this issue "closed". Really? We all know what happened, the facts are there, do not try to twist and bend them to your advantage Gaia!

Zero's response before the 133tgate thread was closed is pathetic at the least. First of all, how unaware must you be to "misread" the price of an item? Specially if it's a rare and valuable item. I figured you double, triple-check the price before you click on that Buy Now button. Check if it's actually worth it and the price is not super inflated. You check for other sellers' prices. But they blame the confusion on "late nights and too many 0s"; my 6 year old cousin can come up with better excuses. If the 0s are way too many and the buyer genuinely had trouble reading them, WHY THE HECK DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT INFLATION THEN? IT'S NOT SO FUN AFTER ALL, RIGHT? What I find unbelievable is that someone had the amount of gold the ticket was being sold for but it was bought "on accident" because "there were too many 0s". Who has that much spare change??

Also, are they reversing the transaction or not? What about all the other transactions made by other staff mules? And that lousy explanation of how the gold pumped into the economy will eventually be taken out via gold sinks, if you hadn't purchased the ticket in the first place and gone ahead with the gold sink, you would be genuinely taking out gold. The logic here is that they pumped 133T into the economy, but that gold is going to be spent by the ticket seller, thus returning to the site and being destroyed. So there's still a ticket, but no gold. Couldn't you have just generated the ticket instead and be done with it?

Plus: "Gold injected into the economy by our purchasing of items will continue to be extracted by Flynn’s Plunder and gold sink events over the course of this month and next." How are you so sure the gold you dumped is actually going to end up there? Not everybody donates to/purchases from these things. I don't, I just buy items from the MP. You can't be sure that those sellers are going to sink the gold they got either.
Yeah this whole thing is ridiculous. I think we can all agree on that but I am curious too about the other staff mules. Did any of the staff mention them or is it just the 133T that they are changing?

Because of the other found staff mules I wonder how much gold gens have effected the economy. I feel they were part of the continuous inflation of course, I'm not saying they're not part of the cause, but...I mean if staff can manage to have up to 133T gold...yeah....I'd be more worried now about what staff mules that are still around will do to the econ then gold gens even though fighting them is important, just....we need to n** all of this in the end.

Edit: Apparently "n i p" is a bad word evne if it is used in the none perv sense. Whoot~

Impassioned Misfit

Sweet Angel Mary
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
Sweet Angel Mary
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
Sweet Angel Mary

Either management wanted them to dump gold into the economy for other reasons or the gamification "lab rat" mentality of the COO is rubbing off on staff.
To be frank, I've believed the latter to be the case for quite a while now. As to the former - AIing and otherwise inflating items/the marketplace itself plays directly into their strategies with gamification and gold generators, so I think it's less that these two reasons are separate and more that they're two parts of the whole picture.

Last month, dj had a gaia online irl meetup and basically said that mp prices are determined by the users, I kinda wanna ask him if he's sure even doing contract work for gaia is worth it after all this.
That answer is soooo purposefully ignorant, you know? MP prices are set by the users, yes, but the company is what creates the environment that we're working with. Users are, of course, at fault for selling and buying absurd listings, but that's always been done, just on a smaller scale. I can't help but wonder, now, how many of the people doing that /are/ just regular users and not secret staff mules... It's so bad now because of the way Gaia has systematically demolished the marketplace with gold gens, the gold cap increases, etc. Added onto that now is the knowledge that there was some kind of internal initiative to "study" the marketplace by ******** it, sooooooooo...
I bet staff had him say that line.

Before this CEO, the gaia staff would've never bought up items and increased the average market price. When the average price goes up, users start asking for more gold. Plus the minty catwalk went up b/c while it was in a bundle the other day, all the listings disappeared. Now i have to wonder if a staff member did that, b/c it was that in demand when it was in previous bundles.
I'd like to give past Gaia the benefit of the doubt and agree that this is only a result of the current CEO, but frankly, I feel completely unable to do so. And yeah - listings disappearing and items getting AI'd... it really does make one wonder how much of it from non-staff users and how much is part of a shadowy ill-defined """"initiative"""" to """"""""observe"""""""" the marketplace.

Magical Raider

I still can't believe it...

Magical Raider

To the top with you!!!

Bunny

30,425 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
so.. they promised to reverse the transaction of 133t, and never did?
Hunaja-Mesi
yes, that is what happened.

Bunny

30,425 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
lost in the rhythm
Hunaja-Mesi

User Image
Hunaja-Mesi
lost in the rhythm
Hunaja-Mesi

User Image
i think they should have reversed it.

Bunny

30,425 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
lost in the rhythm
Hunaja-Mesi
lost in the rhythm
Hunaja-Mesi

User Image
i think they should have reversed it.

i agree!! (that was a sarcastic clap)
they promise something to their customers and then they do something completely else
without telling their customers.
how they have even a single person left paying a single penny for them
is beyond me! is the cute pixels really worth it, knowing they're giving their money to a bunch of liars?
phooey~

Ice-Cold Star

Hunaja-Mesi
lost in the rhythm

Well, the way I see it, it wasn't fair to the user who sold it. They spend a bunch of time saying, "It's legitimate, it's legitimate!" and then suddenly want to reverse the transaction? I understand that people want the excess gold removed from the economy, but the fact of the matter is, is that more staff mules have been discovered doing the exact same thing and Gaia refuses to acknowledge them. More and more gold is being pumped into the economy wether they reverse this single transaction or not, as well as artificial inflation.

I'm glad that user got to keep the gold and donate it out like he or she wanted to.
viscountice
Hunaja-Mesi
lost in the rhythm

Well, the way I see it, it wasn't fair to the user who sold it. They spend a bunch of time saying, "It's legitimate, it's legitimate!" and then suddenly want to reverse the transaction? I understand that people want the excess gold removed from the economy, but the fact of the matter is, is that more staff mules have been discovered doing the exact same thing and Gaia refuses to acknowledge them. More and more gold is being pumped into the economy wether they reverse this single transaction or not, as well as artificial inflation.

I'm glad that user got to keep the gold and donate it out like he or she wanted to.
It wasn't legitimate, and I don't give a s**t if others think it was. The staff generated that gold for their own gain, and decided to make extremely overpriced purchases with that gold. Just because a staff generated that gold doesn't mean it was legitimately earned. If a regular gaian generated gold, they would immediately get the banhammer if caught.. but apparently it's okay for the staff to do it. a load of crap.
The staff lied about it, claiming it was a legitimate transaction so that no one could find out that the staff are just generating this gold. Eventually they were caught and admitted to it.
Zero comes up with a bullshit excuse saying they were going to put in in flynn's plunder or use it as a prize for the next kickstarter, which they haven't even done.
Where is the ticket? I haven't seen it in Flynn's plunder or in a kickstarter since it happened.

They say the gold was for testing purposes, but I find it hard to believe. They have a test site to test things on, so why test it on the live site?
What is the point of purchasing items extremely overpriced to stick them in flynn's plunder, knowing those items are going to sell for a lot less than what they were purchased for?
They claim they are trying to sink gold, but they are just putting more gold into the economy.

Zero decides to make another post in the threads, with another bullshit excuse and lock the threads. Someone with a legitimate concern decides to make a thread in SF, only for Xya to post by claiming the OP is trolling, because they made a mule account to create a thread.
Narumi also makes a post as well, telling us something different from what Zero says.

Also, the user never stated he was going to donate most of that gold to help, he actually states he was going to put aside only 30-40t for donations.
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2r23qj6.jpg

Zero Omega states they were only going to remove 100t from that transaction, and grant him any item he wished for, so he still would have benefited from it. He would have had about 30t, his ticket back, and any item he wanted.
He just wanted all of that gold for himself, which is why he was crying about it in SF.

Even then, I have only seen the user make threads in the chatterbox with contests only offering small prizes compared to the 30-40t he claimed to set aside for donations.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/cb-have-you-ever-small-fast-rng-contest/t.94269359/

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/giving-away-items-rng-contest-dj-s-nitemare-bundle/t.93900629/

Zero stated they were going to reverse the transaction, and they should have done it since they stated they were going to do it.
They should have reversed all of the transactions that were made by those staff mules.

It just shows the staff will say anything just to shut us up.
It all comes down to greed.. the staff members involved in this scandal and the user who sold the ticket.

Ice-Cold Star

lost in the rhythm
I did NOT say that I believe the gold is/was legitimate. I said that STAFF made REPEATED claims stating that the gold was legitimate and that it was a legitimate purpose, and that I do not think the user who was repeatedly lied to and offered ******** HUSH MONEY should be held responsible for GAIA INTERACTIVE'S poor decisions.

Opinion's are opinions, some might think the user is greedy for not wanting to give up the gold, but in the end it is not like they botted the gold or partook in the transaction knowing it was illegitimate. In the end, there is still a ton of gold being pumped into the economy by staff, and one transaction being reversed will make minuscule difference. Gaia has no interest in fixing the economy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff