Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
lol So that's that. The leak from awhile ago was real.

I like them, but that's just me...

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
Chahklet
I...don't like them sweatdrop but that was amazing progress.
Yeah, goes to show how much easier it is to get components now.

But I like them, but I honestly still don't think they're worth all the pedestal-pushing treatment Gaia gave it.

Tipsy Smoker

Shintouyu
Chahklet
I...don't like them sweatdrop but that was amazing progress.
Yeah, goes to show how much easier it is to get components now.
But I like them, but I honestly still don't think they're worth all the pedestal-pushing treatment Gaia gave it.
And the system is still very broken, as far as I'm concerned.

Star-Crossed Seraph

25,775 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Object of Affection 150
They call those Beelzebub's Wings ... backwings?

Umm, looks like they are coming out of the base of the neck to me. They are horrible looking and the angling is atrocious. FAIL.
I also think they don't look that good. I'd like to add that I'm really disappointed that you can't put the old forms on as well. Seriously after all that you can't use the smaller forms anymore? >.<

Undead Enchantress

I heard it took three of the wealthiest people around to craft it.

Seriously...wtf?

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Wow, those are a real disappointment.

From how much fuss the artists caused about them I was expecting them to be the best back wings EVER, for them to come with a million poses.

I'm glad I put the idea of owning backwings out of my mind when I realised they'd be in alchemy.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

>>; These wings are technically very simplistic.
Both in design and detail.
The majority of them already resemble wings that already exist on the site prior their creation...
not to mention the majority still equally face the dreaded 3/4th view problem >_>; and for how hard they are made to be created as a "reward" for an insane QUEST.

They only have one to three poses. TAT None of which merit the harsh quest to make them. Seriously Gaia. If you wanted to torture people...couldn't you have made more concessions to get these wings more "perfect" given many options and wing poses as such >>;

So disappointing.

Celestial Tamer

32,200 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
What got me wasn't so much the way the final form looks- i guess it's not that bad, and I really do like the Angelic ones judging by the leaked picture...

-but as if the insane costs weren't enough, Gaia's just adding insult to injury with these retarded quests. -_-

Check this out:

User Image

...yep. *sigh*
Just.... I dunno anymore.
I don't know.

Sweet Marshmallow

What's really fantastic about that achievement is how to earn it -- "Craft first set of backwings".

...You mean Gaia expects us to be able to afford crafting more than one set? gonk

In a relationship with PoshuI

Lol you only get 100 Achievement points for making backwings. That's what Gaia thinks of the work done to make backwings. You get double that just for equipping an item. rofl

@Valentine; I interpreted it another way. I thought it meant "craft first set" as in THE first EVER. Not sure though, until the second one comes down.

And yes. For the hype and the supposed difficulty of making them, you guys are right. They look like they come from the neck and when you look at them from the front, you get that familar "something seems off" feeling that comes from many of Gaia's items in which the artists failed at our perspective. The shading is average. Again for the hype I would have expected masterful quality. Seems they let the hype go to their head and we inherit the mundane results.

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
"...

I think if the angelic/demonic backwings quest had been, say, angelic/demonic halos quest or something I wouldn't be nearly as disappointed in them as I am now. It's one thing for an item that was actually released in 03/04 to be as 'coveted' and hyped as these wings were. It's another for a modern day item that has, reasonably, been requested for a long time to come out looking so cheap and sit so horribly on an avatar's neck. To be brutally honest they look like they belong in Barton Boutique next to the Fairy Wings. Or something in the cash shop for 499. Or in level 5/6 Alchemy next to the floating Angel/Devil imp potions. They do NOT look like items that you have to give the Gaian equivalent of your arm and your leg for. At the VERY least the previous wings should be available as options in the final set. When we as a community have animated wings that look and sit better then these so called 'coveted' wings on an avatar then there is something desperately wrong here ~ emotion_facepalm

If alchemy really was meant to be the 'forest to get to backwings' or whatever the quote was then I am severely disappointed. Did. Not. Live. Up. To. Hype. And I can't even blame the community for that, this wasn't some misguided rumor brought on by the userbase, this came from the people in charge of alchemy themselves ~ emotion_facepalm

While I'm still in rage mode, fix all the formulas that cost more then the actual item is worth, let us choose whether or not we want to farm for gold shop items or use cash shop/RIG items, fix the high fail rates so we can get our items without dropping a mil 17 times, and fix the case so that we can get the damn formulas in the first place ~ emotion_facepalm

..."

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

I could have made those wings in Photoshop with my eyes closed. Gaia has to be shitting us if it truly thinks those were not only worth the almost nine years of waiting for the site in general, but the time and effort it takes to make it to level ten in Alchemy and then pulling your hair out just trying to obtain your desired Quest formula(s) and actually crafting and purchasing all of the components required in those long a** formula chains.

******** this. I am putting more emphasis on my personal life than dealing with the bullshit we are still having to put up with.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I finally saw the wings and... I shrugged.

Don't get me wrong. They're very nice wings. They're RIG-quality nice. Late year MC-quality nice. I'd probably pay $4.99 Cash for those. Heck, I might even pay $7.49 or $9.99 for those.

But billions in gold? Nah. Not at all. If it took, what, 9 years for these wings to come out and this is the result... then I can wait 9 years more for something better.

Fashionable Bunny

20,650 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
they're...not...worth...it...*sobs in a corner*

No object costing that much time, money and effort...should ever be created ever again after those damned wings. That is bordering on Smurf's Village territory. Perhaps they're brothers? sad

I'm sorry Gaia. Half the items are just not worth the time/effort...formulas are still jacked up, ratios are wrong, and the extinction of EIs and GC items isn't acceptable unless we can get more of them!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff