Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sexy Assailant

Not worth it. There are plenty of items in existance that make better wings and are a fraction of the price. Gaia I am disappoint. Your artists threw b***h fits over this?

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Always a perspective issue.... I know there is limited space to work with, but thats what multiple poses are for. To allow people to have them wrap around them, or be folded up behind them, which is what I was expecting. And you dont even get the poses of the wings you had to sacrifice. Im utterly disappointed. The cost does not equal the outcome to me.
For as much as the artists bitched about how hard they worked on backwings, those are a complete disappointment. Simplistic, suffers from the same god awful angling issues that nearly every other item on the site has (Really, ******** that "well if we spent more time making items look right, then we couldn't release as many!" argument, quality over quantity please), pitiful pose amounts (Though I suppose we should be glad it even has more than one rolleyes ) and overall not something I would spend more than a couple million on, if that. Absolutely ridiculous.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
The wings are nice. But I wouldn't break my back to try to create them. As I said in another thread, for all the time and effort it takes to create these wings, you'd expect them to be animated and s**t gold. Not impressed.
the problem i have with the wings aren´t how the wings are posed, the shape, or the cost.. it´s mostly the shading and texture for me. gonk

the shading just looks so.. lazy.
and don´t even get me started on the edges of the wings... omfg. emotion_facepalm

Devoted Darling

Really glad I never wanted black demonic wings, these things are so disappointing I'm not sure how I would feel had I wanted them and this was offered to me. D:

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Only 100 achievement points...?

Gaia...
User Image

Okay, okay. I guess that shouldn't bother me too much. The fact that there's an achievement at all and says "first set" in the description is a tad unsettling.

The achievement hunter in me weeps a bit.

Moonlight Witch

32,265 Points
  • Sugar Plum Protector 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Winter Guardian 250
Rya Dracosin
Always a perspective issue.... I know there is limited space to work with, but thats what multiple poses are for. To allow people to have them wrap around them, or be folded up behind them, which is what I was expecting. And you dont even get the poses of the wings you had to sacrifice. Im utterly disappointed. The cost does not equal the outcome to me.

User Image

That's my biggest disappointment in this too. :/ I wasn't a big fan of the bat wings from the beginning, but I was expecting that the finale would have all the wings that you sacrificed. With all the trouble, time, gold, and definitely luck to go through this and only get 3 poses, it's very disappointing. There's no point in completing the entire pathway if you like one of the smaller sets better (IMO with only one pose, the medium and smaller wings look a lot more versatile than the full sized ones) unless you want to get the achievement. I really don't like how Gaia seems to be so stingy with the pose number in Alchemy-exclusive items.

Fluffy Werewolf

15,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
Well good to see they've been made, though I only like that first pose. I like the medium wings more. However since they finally got around to making the 'official backwings' would it be too hard for them to make more now, perhaps in colors we don't have? Well they've already done it with wings like icarus fall, the tia doll and fafnir's, the astra wings, macaw wings, peisinoes discant, etc, so they can make backwings, but more now in more colors we don't have would be nice.

On another note I'm really liking this cache system even if there's a some chance left in it. At the same time I really don't know what kind of formulas to bother with since I really don't want any of new items. :l

(My little anatomy rant: And regarding the placement on the back, how it seems on the neck, its more on the shoulder's on the avi, which if anything should be correct, considering wings are technically arms and therefore come from the shoulders, look at birds and bats, although since demons and angels aren't exactly real, the same can't exactly apply, nor does it need too. Though it would have been nice for me if they weren't connected by a thin piece of skin, and had more muscle going on there.)

Tipsy Smoker

Razumi Yazura
Only 100 achievement points...?

Gaia...
User Image

Okay, okay. I guess that shouldn't bother me too much. The fact that there's an achievement at all and says "first set" in the description is a tad unsettling.

The achievement hunter in me weeps a bit.
The achievement isn't worth it. emo
The achievement is basically "Lol by the way, ******** you."

Edit; I thought those wings couldn't get any worse. OH BUT THEY DID.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That sitting pose, jesus christ, it hurts.

IRL Noob

10,050 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Flying Dicks

I love you.

Mysterious Trickster

The medium sized wings are honestly the best ones that fit within the confines of our avatars. These backwings, more like neckwings, are just... terrible. I don't like the angle, the shading, the texture and the poses. If I had the time, I would create my own via pencil, scan, and work in photoshop.

I am very disappointed with the Staff involved with Alchemy. I regret buying a $50.00 card for this stupid site.
That's all it is? It's just 3 poses, and the back view doesn't even layer with hair correctly. I'm quite disappointed. They seem good enough for say, a 9.99 cash item, but not worth millions upon millions of gold.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

So, now that the COVETED BACKWINGS bullshit is out of the way; can we have wings that actually look nice? You know, since you've been cockblocking any other attempts at making half-decent wings /coughHermesMooncough

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff