Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sleeping User's Comrade

Sparkly Marshmallow

35,750 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
Rizuzua
Princess Vampirate
I remember joining Gaia about a year after it was started. My friend told me about it and I got hooked. I remember not being able to afford the Ballerina's Circlet which is like 3k because it was hard to obtain gold.

I had to be off Gaia for a few years because we couldn't afford better internet (dial-up just didn't cut it because it was slower than a snail). I was happy to return once we could afford better. I was also happy that some things had changed for the better: cooler items and easier ways to obtain gold.

However, there was one thing missing. I was sad that I missed out on all those items. I had an idea that every December Gaia should re-release the old items through the Cash Shop (which only came into existence because the site owners need money to keep it up; if the Cash Shop didn't exist they could have re-released the items through the regular gold shops). That way any new and old uses could get any items that they missed and coveted. It would be a perfect holiday gift to all the members if they re-released old items like Angelic Halo and other collectibles, etc.

Well of course Gaia won't do this because that's too simple, too nice, and will make EVERYONE happy because of the equality. Instead they release old items and super rare new ones through Alchemy. Well this stinks. It costs WAY TOO MUCH to make alchemy items! I read people saying it took them MILLIONS to make it to level 10! Are you crazy Gaia!?!? We're not all multimillionaires!

This Alchemy stuff has GOT TO GOOOOOO! Only a small percent of Gaians can achieve levels on it because they can spend more than an arm and a leg on crafting formulas. A friend of mine spent about 100k for one LEVEL 1 alchemy item and his experience bar moved up like 1% !!!!!!!!! That is RIDICULOUS!!! He spent so much and go NOWHERE!!! He hasn't crafted one since.

Gaia, you KNOW this is wrong so just fix it already. I'm a dedicated user like so many others on here and we deserve better than this. Our happiness levels have dropped with you. Time to raise the happiness bar Gaia so get to work.

P.S. The ONLY way I ever see Alchemy ever working is if they make it easier to obtain items MEANING they have some ALCHEMY GOLD SHOP that sells the components CHEAPLY so everyone can afford to buy them and have fun completing the formulas. Spending 400k a piece on one Salt (when a recipe calls for 10 of them) for instance is way too much and you know it is Gaia. I have found only a few components in the Daily Chance so that's at least only one place that I know of in which they can be found. Scarcely releasing components through Daily Chance (or having to craft the components which I think can be done...not sure) is not enough. People need more supplies to make them so just RELEASE MORE for SUPER CHEAP!!!

P.S.S. I've been wanting awesome wings like the Lucifer ones for a long time too. Just give them to us already. The most harm it will do is make everyone happy and look cool....oh wait, there's no harm in that so COUGH UP THE WINGS!!!

Unfortunately all MCs will never be released again. Once the month is over that is it.

But you ARE right about how messed up Alchemy is. Calelith is right about the MCs, but IMHO WRONG about rarity.

When everything is rare, nobody wants it anymore. That's just the basis of life. Ipads aren't 3000 dollars a piece because though it'd be rare, nobody would buy it and Apple would lose a crapton of business...

Again, as my post already stated, I just thought it would be nice if they would re-release the old MCs, EIs, CIs, AIs, etc. I KNOW Gaia won't do it, but it would be cool if they did.

Ruthless Capitalist

12,000 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
I've never been really interested in alchemy mainly because almost none of items ever interest me. Most of items to me are just some mediocre crap. Well, this counts for many items from RIGs and such. I also never gave a s**t about the backwings. From the moment, their pages were created on the MP, I thought they were as ugly as hell. I much prefer my Fairy Wings over them.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Princess Vampirate

Yes I do understand it. We all do. We just don't like that it's very difficult to obtain the rare alchemy items.

Many of the items have a force rarity due to whatever reason artists wanting their item to be rare for eample. Many were meant/designed for everyone to get, but some of the people who currently use alchemy may be making items rare so that they'll be able to earn back the gold lost in creating certain items. All speculation.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

Quote:
I also understand why they don't re-release the MCs. Had you read my post properly you would have understood that I just thought it would be nice if they re-released them along with old Chance Items, Evolving Items, Animated Items, etc. I know they won't do that but it would be cool if they did.

I did read your post and you originally said nothing about understanding that they won't, but that it would be nice if they did. They won't, they've already said they never will. And before someone tries to argue it, giving out a small handful of MCs during events/conventions does not equal mass re-leasing them. That would be if they put the 2003 MCs in the CS for anyone to buy, that's a mass re-lease.

You can get the older CIs, you just have to use alchemy to get them and use tons of items that no longer exist/are being hoarded. Same goes for EIs.

Unleashed Gekko

I came back to gaia after a long break and I used tektek first to see what would look nice for a new avatar. (and I pick out backwings because I'd always wanted a pair of wings that aren't undersized and look decent)
At first I just thought they were really new and possibly a rig item... so I felt downtrodden almost immediately.
After all when Pale Marionette came out I brought SO many Trick Boxes and got nothing even close in value... (I just wanted Pale, it was 9m at release so I thought I could save for it...)
Then I discover you can alchemize items for 'cheaper' obviously I'd end up dishing out waaay more gold trying to level up (which is super confusing by the way, items all over the place and stupid ingredients that arent even on the mp and then I discover the ingredients cost too much to make UGH)
So I was saving for an alchemy chest, which took a lot out of me... thinking and hoping I could at least get the ingredients and some quests when I discover the chance of me getting the quest I want is practically 0...
I just decided alchemy isn't worth it.
Take my tears Q~Q

Fuzzy Sex Symbol

18,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I hate what they did with the wings. I can't get past level 1 still. @_@

Liberal Poster

Putting backwings in alchemy was definitely a b***h move on Gaia's part. The system is screwed in so many ways that I won't even bother trying out alchemy till they actually make it work properly, whenever that may be. neutral The major screw-up being the inconsistencies where the item you're trying to create is worth a LOT less than the ingredients you need. I won't even try to start ranting about the numbers of ingredients needed being ridiculous. Sure, the newest update may increase our chances significantly. But chances were so minimal that the "significant increase" is probably going to be as significant as a fart. emotion_eyebrow Forgive me for being so sceptical... but I'll take back my words when alchemy becomes more affordable to the average Gaian. neutral As people can see, I am not a happy camper.

They really don't want to make everyone happy. confused I suspect it's because they're afraid people might get bored of Gaia and leave if we didn't have impossible quests to complete. emotion_eyebrow Of course, that's if they don't drive people to ragequit from all the trolling they dish out. rolleyes

Like other users, I don't see why Gaia can't just put all the darned wings in the cash shop. They would make tons of money from that. Even if they price the wings at $50-$100 in the cash shop, it's still a much better chance for us than alchemy ever will be. Though God forbid that any pixel item be worth $100. emotion_0A0 I can just imagine the shitstorm that will cause.

I always thought that the backwings quest would be something similar to the way we get achievements, where it's actually possible to achieve and the wings are rewarded to us for contributing and being loyal to Gaia. I should have known that they would only allow only a handful of rich users to enjoy the wings and lord it over the rest of us while we sit and drool after it. gonk

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I once thought I'd give alchemy a try, just to test out the feature before forming an opinion on it. It was a pain in the a** to even figure out how many level one formulas there were to choose from, which ingredients and how many of each they'd need, the chances of success, and the overall cost to gain a single level.
When I did finally figure out the costs, I knew this was not a feature I'd ever be able to use. It really is disappointing to me that they don't have a way to use this feature without spending your gold on it. For example, a game that you can play which grants components and formulas so that an ordinary user who doesn't have millions to spend could still have a way of earning what they need.

Sleeping User's Comrade

Sparkly Marshmallow

35,750 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
Calelith
Princess Vampirate

Yes I do understand it. We all do. We just don't like that it's very difficult to obtain the rare alchemy items.

Many of the items have a force rarity due to whatever reason artists wanting their item to be rare for eample. Many were meant/designed for everyone to get, but some of the people who currently use alchemy may be making items rare so that they'll be able to earn back the gold lost in creating certain items. All speculation.

Quote:
I also understand why they don't re-release the MCs. Had you read my post properly you would have understood that I just thought it would be nice if they re-released them along with old Chance Items, Evolving Items, Animated Items, etc. I know they won't do that but it would be cool if they did.

I did read your post and you originally said nothing about understanding that they won't, but that it would be nice if they did. They won't, they've already said they never will. And before someone tries to argue it, giving out a small handful of MCs during events/conventions does not equal mass re-leasing them. That would be if they put the 2003 MCs in the CS for anyone to buy, that's a mass re-lease.

You can get the older CIs, you just have to use alchemy to get them and use tons of items that no longer exist/are being hoarded. Same goes for EIs.

I didn't need to post that I understood about the MCs not being re-released after they are done for the month. Again had you read it you properly you would have seen that I've been on this site for years therefore it's OBVIOUS that I understand how MCs work. Use logic next time; fill in the blanks, read between the lines, etc.

And yes I already know that you can get some CIs and EIs through alchemy seeing how I've been here since alchemy began.

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Bubbly Milk Tea
Like other users, I don't see why Gaia can't just put all the darned wings in the cash shop. They would make tons of money from that. Even if they price the wings at $50-$100 in the cash shop, it's still a much better chance for us than alchemy ever will be. Though God forbid that any pixel item be worth $100. emotion_0A0 I can just imagine the shitstorm that will cause.

I have to comment on this because if you really THINK about it one person spent about $700+ [cannot find the thread no more] on the Aurora Star Kitten ALONE just to gather components bolster their wallet etc. If you REALLY REALLY want to make the wings and decide to make gold by buying CS items you're probably looking at roughly hundreds if not almost $1000 dollars just to make the wings.

So I would GLADLY take $100 dollars out of my wallet and spend it on a pair of backwings compared to HUNDREDS trying to make the gold to get the components to level up AND make the wings. Because right now leveling up and making the wings goes into the hundreds of millions in gold.

Liberal Poster

Celeste Starfyre
Bubbly Milk Tea

I have to comment on this because if you really THINK about it one person spent about $700+ [cannot find the thread no more] on the Aurora Star Kitten ALONE just to gather components bolster their wallet etc. If you REALLY REALLY want to make the wings and decide to make gold by buying CS items you're probably looking at roughly hundreds if not almost $1000 dollars just to make the wings.

So I would GLADLY take $100 dollars out of my wallet and spend it on a pair of backwings compared to HUNDREDS trying to make the gold to get the components to level up AND make the wings. Because right now leveling up and making the wings goes into the hundreds of millions in gold.

I guess if you look at it from that perspective, spending $100 is very much preferable to spending tons more to fund alchemy - you get the wings instantly as well. But if you look at it pragmatically, people will call you crazy for spending THAT much on pixels. Especially if it's just the one pixel item and that hundred dollars could have bought you a very nice piece of clothing for yourself in real life or something else you can actually use outside of Gaia.

Hell, I was tempted to buy the Kitten Star for $50 but in the end, I decided it wasn't worth it. When it comes down to it, it usually never is. If I was hesitant about spending $50 bucks on the one item, I sure as hell would be seriously considering how much I want the item if it costs $100. Of course, the great thing about the cash shop is that people who are willing to spend the money then sell back to the marketplace for those who have the gold for it. The more wings circulating around, the more affordable it is. 3nodding

If they really did sell the wings in the cash shop for $100 or more, s**t's gonna hit the fan. On one hand, its easier to obtain the backwings everyone has been craving for, but on the other, Gaia would be insane to price something for that much. People would rant about how greedy Gaia has gotten and the like. sweatdrop

Precious Sweetheart

8,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
One of the items I want is near impossible to get and only obtainable through alchemy.
I, of course don't wanna do that, one of my friends blew over 20 mil trying to get what they want, and they still don't have it.
Alchemy is ridiculous and I really don't see a point in it, where has Gaia gone?
It used to be fair, but now it's just not.
They really don't care about the people who care about them.
Alchemy just needs to go, but of course they can't, cause the people who CAN afford stuff like that would go ballistic.
I call shenanigans.

Celestial Tamer

32,200 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Celeste Starfyre

Yup, that was me. razz
I spent over $700 gathering everything I needed to make this kitten because I don't really have the time to sit here all day and grind for gold on Booty Grab- and I have absolutely no skill in vend/exchanging whatsoever, so what choices do i really have when it comes to being able to make enough gold?
To top it off, a decent chunk of the money I spent was used just to gather more gold JUST to make more crafting attempts, because I had failed 16 times trying to craft the Aurora- that's 16 million gold alone just on attempts to make the darn thing.
I only have it now thanks to the support of others and the generosity of the admins- but I won't even go near Alchemy with a 10-foot pole (as much as I want backwings and have been wanting them since i joined the site late 2003) until they significantly change the way it functions and work toward a system that's more fair for everyone. -which by the way I don't really see ever happening, so I guess i'll never be getting backwings, because hell will freeze over before I ever give Gaia another cent of my money towards Alchemy.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Keiko-Rin
Celeste Starfyre

Yup, that was me. razz
I spent over $700 gathering everything I needed to make this kitten because I don't really have the time to sit here all day and grind for gold on Booty Grab- and I have absolutely no skill in vend/exchanging whatsoever, so what choices do i really have when it comes to being able to make enough gold?
To top it off, a decent chunk of the money I spent was used just to gather more gold JUST to make more crafting attempts, because I had failed 16 times trying to craft the Aurora- that's 16 million gold alone just on attempts to make the darn thing.
I only have it now thanks to the support of others and the generosity of the admins- but I won't even go near Alchemy with a 10-foot pole (as much as I want backwings and have been wanting them since i joined the site late 2003) until they significantly change the way it functions and work toward a system that's more fair for everyone. -which by the way I don't really see ever happening, so I guess i'll never be getting backwings, because hell will freeze over before I ever give Gaia another cent of my money towards Alchemy.
Yikes. Now, that's just ******** up.

Gracious Fairy

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
My issue is the whole formula itself being so rare. :/

I would be super content to plod my way towards a glorious pair of backwings so long as I HAD THE ******** FORMULA.

I've seen the chances and the items needed for the backwings quest. It is long and tiring, it is expensive and time consuming. But not impossible. I have great patience to save up for what I want. I had a quest for a Mercury's Moon sometime back and it took me two years to finish it. And that was when it was only at 3mil! I'm very sure I could perservere and get those backwings and enjoy the sweat and tears put into them.

But god, why is the angelic formula so rare? I see no logic in it at all. It should not be hard to get a ******** formula.

Wealthy Noob

13,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100
  • Overstocked 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items