Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

[Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent]
                                                        I may have lost all of my ϻϵϻɵʀɪϵȿ, but it isn't really so вдĐ.
                                                        ❀ I have a ϲндɴϲϵ and a ʀυʟϵ. ❀
                                                        I have the ғʀϵϵĐɵϻ to live my ғυτυʀϵ any way I choose.

[Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent]

Ylaine had taken her conversation with Roi to heart. His regaling of her brief life story in Speranza had made her laugh a good deal but it also made her realize that even if she didn't have a good portion of her life to relate to, she still had something. When she got home she said goodbye to her hair. For as long as she remembered she'd kept having it dyed and dyed it herself out of attachment to her past self. She'd treated it as if it was an important part of her, but it wasn't anymore. Chopping it off at her waist and stripping it of the pink dye took a good portion of the night. It wasn't as if she spent long amounts of time sleeping anyways. When she awoke the next morning, she awoke to a head full of fluffy, aqua colored tresses. She felt naked. Ylaine went about her morning chores feeling something akin to fear for the first person she ran into that she knew. When she finally encountered Maryn, the inn owner gave her a light pat on the head and said she looked adorable and that her head must feel a great deal lighter. She even gave a very small smile, something the woman never did.

Instilled with confidence and done with her morning chores, Ylaine ventured out into the town. There wasn't really anything she was obligated to do as long as she was back at the inn around noon with a few items from the general store and clinic. Walking about, the amnesiac became painfully aware of the reason she'd struck up the conversation with Roi that she'd had the previous evening. There were so many people she hardly knew. Would they even recognize her? People that she could name but had never really spoken to doubled the number of people she was even mildly close to becoming friends with. Friends. Those were even more scarce. Six people. Two that were actually very close. By the time she reached the Cereus district the feeling of awkwardness she had while doing her chores had returned. Her hand reached for the door to the restaurant and then faltered. Maybe she could skip the lesson for the day. Yah, she'd do that. It'd be better than Roi not recognizing her.

Instead, she headed to the bakery, bangs shadowing her eyes. Once again, she stopped at the door. Bailing on her lessons was irresponsible. She liked them. Plus if Adrian didn't recognize her she'd be equally upset. Perhaps she just needed to go somewhere entirely new, where she wouldn't even have to worry about that. In the end, she found herself sitting on a bench between the restaurant and bakery, staring at the ground. A few green weeds sprouted up between the stone bricks that paved the road. It was impressive how things managed to grow in such harsh environments. Everything except her. Her life was stagnant and the only change she'd instigated was only making her fret. She pressed the front of her foot against the weed and ground into it. Twisted off the stalk felt right, even if it was a horrible thing to do. "Maybe I'll just go back to the inn and dye it back. Just the length should be good enough. It won't drag on the ground anymore…"

Then she remembered the smile Maryn had given her. She'd complimented her. That was something Maryn almost never did. The only times she'd even come close were times when Ylaine had made mistakes. The inn proprietress would say things like she'd done very well and that it was all right and that she knew she'd do it even better the next time. The brunette had only ever complimented her to reassure her. A smile stretched across Ylaine's face and she got the courage to head back to the bakery. Walking right up to the display case, she scanned over it's contents. "Three sample slices for the price of one, so…citrus poundcake, chocolate dream and the merengue topped cheesecake." It was the same deal she'd always had with Adrain. That way she could get a taste of everything she wanted without being overly indulgent. After eating, she'd go to her cooking lesson too. She wouldn't miss it for anything.

[Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent]
                                                        ʟɵϲдτɪɵɴ / / Bakery
                                                        ϲɵϻρдɴү / / Adrian
                                                        ϻɵɵĐ / / Happy
                                                        τнɵυɢнτȿ / / It'll be just fine.

[Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent]

Mistress Orion

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Edgar hadn't gotten a lot of sleep. Maryn had called at five in the morning to notify him that her mother had arrived. By the time Garnos showed up for work he was sifting through the papers on his desk for the five hundredth time. Most of the larger pieces were ready. The ridiculous thing that the officiant and the couple stood under during the ceremony. The tables. The benches. After all, he would have never missed the opportunity to make boat benches with the budget he'd been given. They could be used for the town afterwards. The reception would take place at the inn probably, so he didn't have to worry about seating for dining. The lights with the netting were ready. Maryn was responsible for her dress. The flowers…

A knock sounded on the door and Edgar threw a pile of papers in the air. "Get that, would ye?" The flowers were ready right? It was Marcus. To talk about the wedding. "DON'T YOU MEAN MY FUNERAL!?" He gazed at Marcus helplessly. "Miss Valji is going to kill me. Ye've seen her. Ye know how she gets when things don't go her way. YE KNOW!" By the end of his sentence he was two steps from Marcus with a picture of the flowers held up before the priest's face. "I forgot to order them. I FORGOT." Taking his hat from atop his head, he placed it on Garnos'. "First mate, I want a water funeral. Once I am gone, I leave the town in your hands. Our time together has been brief, but I believe in you. You have what it takes." The mayor's expression was almost wistful, broken only by the small note that floated to the ground. Edgar kneeled and picked up the note, reading it quickly.

Captain Weiss, I will order the flowers.

"Maryn is an angel…" He wiped the back of his hand across his brow. "Now, what was it you wished to speak to me about, Marcus?" He seemed at ease once again, not even mentioning his final testament that he'd reviewed just moments before. "I have to start setting things up for the ceremony today." He went back to his desk and sat down, marking flowers off his checklist. It was a good thing the bride was handling it. Her lessons in flower arrangement were much more helpful for selecting the right kinds anyways. Despite the sudden calm, his gaze shifted from side to side, keeping an eye out for the woman he feared. She had a knack for knowing everything.

Raeghne

The musical Gerudo

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent]

LOCATION / / Town Hall [Indent][Indent]
COMPANY / / Garnos & Marcus [Indent][Indent]
MOOD / / Calm [Indent][Indent]
THOUGHTS / / Too close. I bet she knows…She always knows. [Indent][Indent]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Friendly Friend

User Image
Ethne Kim
Bibliophile
════════════════════

The morning could not come fast enough. If Ethne could have her way, she would neglect all bodily necessities such as sleep and nourishment and further her studies instead. Both wasted valuable time that she could be using instead conducting experiments or taking notes as she observed the world around her and picked at the brains of the locals… not literally, of course. To try to derive knowledge from the gray matter in another person’s skull was crazy, and she was certainly not crazy, no matter what anyone said. Dragging herself out of bed, Ethne got dressed and cleaned up before groggily heading out the door. Unfortunately, she could not have her way and would have to deal with sleep and its after effects as well as hunger and its solution on a daily basis.

On her way to the stairs of the inn, she encountered a brown-haired man who looked as good at this whole ‘morning thing’ as she was. ”Good morning,” she said politely, looking the man over inquisitively. It wasn’t readily apparent what this man’s role may be in this town, but she decided she would try his knowledge anyway. ”You wouldn’t happen to know where I could acquire an extra bed, or at least get someone to build furniture for me, would you?”

User Image
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Company: Brucexx
Feeling: Curiousxx
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Psychedelic Centipede

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                              I've been shot up and ъeaten to no end.

I was a man to be ғeared even when I was a slacker.

Now I am only a ϯraitor that had a cause.

Only fragments remain of what I ѡished to protect.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

The former mobster woke up feeling like gold. It had been a long time since he'd been in a position to brandish a knife and toss out threats. Even though it wasn't his normal lifestyle anymore, it was still nostalgic. He wondered if Ylaine felt similar when she saw his face in the dirt. Even more he wondered if it was sick of him to smile at such a thought. Surely the things she used to do would just feel right to her. Actions she'd done time and time again had to still have a sense of familiarity, maybe. He'd heard of muscle memory before, but the extent of it or its reality wasn't something he knew or understood. Vincent didn't spend much time on the idea. Instead he got out of bed, got dressed and set out to find the pinkette he'd spend the day tailing. That was until he found something far more unusual.

He'd always been a perceptive guy. Spotting a red head off a little ways, he immediately knew something was up. The frame, the hair color, it was too familiar. When the girl had spotted him, he got his answer. She'd ducked into the nearest alleyway as soon as she could. That girl knew him. Chasing after her, Vincent cornered her with ease. With one hand he kept her pinned to the wall of a building and with the other he rubbed his chin. "You know, running is a dead giveaway. I thought you looked familiar, but even now I can't place my finger on it. Still, ya little s**t, now I have to take the time to figure it out, so you better not ********' squirm." His head cocked to the side and he examined her closely. Nothing special. She was too young and too flat to be any lady he'd messed around with. Still.

He raised a hand to cover a portion of her hair from his sight, instantly making it clear. "You're that oily crone's gal. Aw man, I always knew you were a girl. Your face was too soft to be a man." It felt like his own personal victory. Her presence though, was another matter. Rando's eyes narrowed and his grip on her blouse tightened. "Now, why the ******** are you here and how the hell did you escape anyways, gun girl? I sure as hell hope you don't have some sort of revenge vendetta, because if that's the case, I'll end you right now. No one is going to kill her under my watch." He gripped one of her wrists with his free hand for extra leverage in case she tried to get away.

Elegantly Egotistic

ζocation Alleyway

Ҁompany Illea

ɱood Alert

ϯhoughts I'm not afraid to strangle you.

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Location / / Inn tab tab Company / / Alone tab tab Mood / / Tired tab tab Thoughts / / ...

ɪ ϵɴȷɵү ϻү ȿϻạʟʟ ғʀϵϵĐɵϻȿ.

I am free to rule over the inn however I please.

⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰

Only someone truly terrifying could manage to get some poor train conducter to drive the train with a private car to the end of the track a whole week before the scheduled trip. Much less at the god forsaken time of morning Maryn's mother had managed it. The aged brunette had hardly changed. The fluidity of her movements, the pristine state of her kimono and the perfect order of her hair was enough to overshadow her daughter, even if Maryn had almost thirty years on her. Of course that was the first thing she heard about too. Posture.

"Yes, mother."

Dress. The colors. The styles. The season. The lack of accessories.

"Yes, mother."

The blank expression.

"Of course, mother"

The bride to be was about ready to tear her own hair out when she finally reached the inn with her mother. "When do I get to meet your fiancée, Maryn? I would be gravely disappointed if he does not introduce himself to me promptly and I also expect his manners to be impeccable. You turned down my candidate so I would only hope your choices matches up in at least one category. I really hope that would be manners." Murder wasn't feeling like a bad option. She could hide the body in the cellar. No one would have to know. Not a single person would ever, ever have to know. "If his manners are lacking I hope his attire would be far more pristine than yours. I would hope you do not wear your kimonos so shoddily in front of customers."

"Mistress Valji, I assure you, his dress will be up to your standards." If Garreth could do anything right, it was dress spiffy. "However, he will be unable to meet with you until he finishes his work at the vineyard. My darling is a very resourceful young man." That was sure to appeal to the older woman. She'd also gone for a younger man. A customer even. It was truly her mother's greatest and only shame. Alas, it was in the past so there was something Maryn could poke at. Just a single flaw. "Please mother, make yourself at home. You quarters are unchanged and spotless. I must attend to my duties."

"I am rather tired after my trip. I just wished to make sure you were not sharing a bed with your partner to be yet. It would break tradition." Always a woman of habit. When she was sure her mother was well on her way to her room, she rolled her eyes. As if Maryn would ever break tradition and be sloppy enough to get caught. When she finally got around to chores and saw Ylaine, she was pleasantly surprised to see the girl had done something different with her hair. Yet, the girl herself didn't seem all to thrilled. It was a big change. Maryn had known she'd been dying her hair. The change from the white to pink towels and the blue roots that she caught sight of occasionally had been all the clues she needed. Managing a smile, she'd simply pat her on the head and told her it looked nice. Maryn hoped it would be enough to reassure her.

Once her manager left and her mother was resting away, Maryn resigned herself to the reception desk, filling out the last of the advance paperwork she'd been working on. Once she was done she'd have the rest of the season to falsify some ridiculous honeymoon.

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I am free to leave the inn when it suits me.

вυτ ɪ ωɪʟʟ ɴϵѵϵʀ τʀυʟү вϵ ғʀϵϵ.

OOC

User Image / / / / User Image / / / / User Image

Friendly Friend

Roi ¤ MacAoidh
                                                      ¥ Restaurant Cook ¥
                                                ════════════════════════════════
User Image

Roi did not sleep very well. The encounter with Rando left him on edge for the remainder of the night, the butterfly knife he had given him on the end table next to his bed. He had stared at the metal glinting vaguely in the moonlight until he drifted off into a sleep plagued with visions of dark shadows, dangerous eyes, blood and harsh laughter. When morning came Roi awoke abruptly in a cold sweat, panting as if he were just running a marathon. Regaining his breath, swung his legs over the edge of his bed, a low growl escaping his chest when he saw the knife again. He shoved it into a drawer and out of sight, making a mental note to deal with it later; he simply did not have the time or patience for it right now. What he would do with it was unknown even to him, but the man was sure he’d figure it out when the time came.

A short, morning routine later, Roi walked towards the back of his home again for his horses as he usually did when he realized that he had never picked them up from Christine the night before. The Heart Day dinner had kept him later than usual, and the run in with Rando surely drove any thought of them out of his mind; his mind had become too boggled with the thoughts of Ylaine being a killer and her brother warning him about it in his crude way. The redhead stood there in the empty shelter for a long moment, his eyes closed wearily. Yesterday had been a strange whirlwind of joyous and painful events, and it had taxed him emotionally and physically. When he finally could get his feet moving again, it was in the direction of Adenia district, where Christine’s ranch was.

* * * * * T R A N S I T I O N * * * * *

Roi’s pace was brisk leading up to Christine’s ranch, but as he stepped foot onto the property it slowed into a wary gait. After the events of the night before, he wasn’t entirely sure what to expect from the woman or if he was welcome on her ranch anymore. He had been too overwhelmed at the time to stop her from running out on him, which was well enough since Rowena showed up shortly afterwards; it would have made for a very awkward scene that Roi wasn’t sure Rowena would have taken very well. Scratching the back of his head uncomfortably at the thought, the redhead made his way towards the stables where Christine usually was. Upon arriving, he did not find the woman there, but instead her brother, Matthew, in her place. A little puzzled, he approached the other man, raising a hand in friendly greeting. ”Mornin’ t’ye, Matthew. Where is Christine?”

Mistress Orion

════════════════

With: Matthew
                                                At: Christine's Ranch - Stables (ADENIA)
                                                Feeling: Curious

Tipsy Gawker

8,225 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
                                                  User Image

her name still lingers : º MAYBE LACTATES !on my t o n g u e *creditsto solitude on infinite
                                                  ▪▪ ▪▪xxxx▪▪ ▪▪xxxx▪▪ ▪▪xxxx▪▪ ▪▪xxxx▪▪ ▪▪xxxx▪▪ ▪▪xxxx▪▪ ▪▪xxxx▪▪ ▪▪xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxx MR LIBRARIAN ↘↘ __emmanuel santino` ↻
                                                  solitude ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄

☎` everett xxxx☎` glad xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

☎` this is really nice of him xxxx✐` journal.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

He may have stood there, yes, but he didn't stay there for long. Barely a moment after he'd fiddled with the door he heard noise on the inside. A male voice, in particular. And very soon after that the door opened. He seemed nice, Emmanuel thought. The man who opened the door, a medium height male with a head of short black hair, seemed very nice. Especially after hearing him apologize for something that was no fault of his own. The man made room for Manny to enter, which he felt weird doing so. He didn't think he could be so kind to a stranger that wanted to enter the library early.

"We technically don't open until nine, but as I am here, you are more than welcome."

Manny smiled pleasantly at the man, walking in enough so the door could shut behind him. "Ah, yes, I saw the-"

"Can I help you find something?"

Looking around the store, he nodded and turned to the male. "Actually, ye-"

"I don't believe I've seen you here before."

Emmanuel paused. Perhaps he was still a little tired from his busy morning. Remembering his manners he quickly put his hand out between them for a good, hearty shake. "Please, call me Manny. And you are?"

When the formal handshake was all said and done, he adjusted his glasses and went on. "As a matter of fact I just moved here a few days ago. I work," he paused, remembering the time. He was quite a fan of correctness, no thanks to his loving but excited mother who struggled with English. "Er, rather, I will be working in the Library."

Awkwardly he once again glanced around the store. It was so...nice. Nice, and clean, and it didn't smell anything like smoke. Not one bit. Manny was quite jealous, to tell the truth. Also it was more welcoming than any store he'd grown up around, he had to admit...or maybe that was just the small-town hospitality talking. Trying to put that aside he nonchalantly began walking down the first aisle, hoping it would take him to the bread. Meanwhile he craned his neck over to look at the owner of the fine establishment.

"So you own this store, then?" He asked genuinely. As he was inquiring he managed to locate the bread, quickly shoving his hand in his pocket to find out just how much bread he could by. Not that he would eat it all in one sitting, mind you.

tell me a story ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Raeghne

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

14,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
User Image
User Image location
bakery
User Image company
Ylaine?
User Image mood
surprised
User Image outfit
my clothes

User Image

xxxxxAdrian had gone to the tavern right after closing down so he could give the special gift he had hand made for Anya. When he got there though, Silver had told him he had just missed her. She left for the restaurant with Rowena. He had a feeling she was on a date, but Silver was trying to spare his feelings. He just knew it. Deciding to meet her tomorrow was better anyway. That way if he didn't confess to her, it wouldn't be strange since it wasn't Heart Day anymore. He was discouraged, but at least he would be able to give her something nice anyway, regardless of the day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian always woke at five in the morning when he had business hours. He spent some of the night before prepping for the following morning, but he still had quite a bit of work to do in the morning to prepare to open shop. This morning was no different and was like every other day. He was used to the monotony of it. To be honest, he rather liked it. It was nice having something to do everyday that he didn't have to go out of his way to plan. As long as he was doing something, it was good enough for him. Not that he didn't like making plans to go out, he just liked not doing it all the time.

After he had dressed and turned the lights on in his bakery, he went straight to filling the main case next to the counter to check out. He turned the light on inside the case and slid the back door closed. Walking to the front, he opened the door and noticed the weather had returned to normal. He turned the sign over to reveal a fancy OPEN in a red color. After walking back in, he pulled all of the chairs down from the tables and set them down. He flipped the table cloth up in the air to straighten it out and set it down neatly. His hands went straight down to smooth out the creases. After completing his task, he made his way back to the counter to set the cash register up. Usually customers didn't start showing up until a little later, so this was the time he started preparing the dough for the fresh breads he would put out.

In the back, he slipped on the apron and bandana hanging on a rack in a corner. Pulling ingredients out of large standing cabinets by the armful, he set them down as gently as possible. Before even having a chance to get the utensils for mixing, he heard the bell jingle signifying the door opening. He dusted a little bit of the dry powder that was on him from taking out the bags of flours and whatnot and made his way back to the front. Opening the door, he saw a head full of blue hair that he didn't recognize. Dusting off the last of the powder, he looked down at the woman who was leaning down a bit looking at his delicacies.

"Three sample slices for the price of one, so…citrus poundcake, chocolate dream and the merengue topped cheesecake."

xxxxx "Ah, hello?" He answered quizzically. He wasn't sure why she was asking about that special. It was only something he did for customers who frequented. Like some who came nearly everyday. After she stood straight and looked at him with a smile, he realized it was Ylaine. "Oh! Ylaine! I didn't realize it was you for a moment there. Your hair is different. Is this your natural color, or a new dye? Either way it's really cute. You look very pretty today." He blushed lightly at saying that. He cleared his throat and changed the subject quickly. "Ah, heh, let me get those for you right away!" He took a plate out and placed the sample sized portions on it in a beautiful arrangement for the girl. She was there very frequently and considered her a very good acquaintance, even possibly a friend now.

xxxxx"So, you're in pretty early today. Any particular occasion?" He smiled as he set the plate on the nearest table to the counter. "Not that I mind. Just curious." He chuckled lightly. It was unexpected in different ways. One being the early time she showed up. The other, much bigger one, was her decision to change her hair color. The length was different too, now that he was paying more attention to her hair. As much as he loved the long hair, this new hairstyle really worked well for her as well. "Funny, I just noticed you cut your hair also. This new look really suits you." He smiled and fetched a utensil for her. "What would you like to drink? Free of charge."

ɴσтнιɴɢ υɴмαɴℓץ αвσυт вαкιɴɢ... ɴσ sιʀєє !

User Image

o3o
Merlin The Mage

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

He almost didn't recognize her. But he did. That was a good start. Her heart settled when she no longer had to fear being treated like a stranger. "To the best of my knowledge, this is my natural color. I stripped the dye…But, thank you." It as weird being complimented for something she'd have to put so much less work into. No more touch ups. No more trimming tips that had been damaged from dragging on the ground. Half as much washing. It was a sweet gesture still. Her eyes followed the baker as he put her order onto a plate, arranging it as beautifully as always. "Ah~ Miss Maryn let me go early. She said that it would be worker abuse if I was working when her mother showed up." Ylaine had heard horror storied of the elder Valji before and the woman didn't look any more friendly in her portraits and photos that hung around the inn. Ylaine half expected her to have horns when she did finally meet her.

As she took her plate, Adrian extended another compliment. "Thank you!" Her voice chimed as she smiled at him. The smile soon faded, giving way to a nervous leftward glance. "To be honest, I don't think I would have had the courage to change it if it wasn't for Roi." She swallowed and managed another grin. "I was really worried I'd regret it afterwards. But if you say it suits me, maybe I don't have to worry about it. At the very least the length is far more practical." She'd been able to get ready much faster and she felt lighter on her feet while she'd been working. Taking the fork he offered her, she stabbed one of her cake slices, shoving her mouth full before she could say anything else weird.

Her stuffed mouth only served to backfire when Adrian asked her what she'd like to drink. Trying to be quick to answer she almost choked on her food. Coughing, Ylaine pat herself on the chest. "Just water, thank you." Water was good for clearing the palette so she could savor each and every flavor. It would also clear her throat of debris from her recent episode. Downing half the glass when she got it, she swallowed and sighed. "That was too close." Her laugh was airy and light. It matched her carefree mood. Fretting over recognition had been the one of the only things she ever remembered worrying about aside from getting away from the soldier that abused her.

For a few minutes, she continued to eat in silence. There wasn't much new to talk about. Her mind had also wandered back to the previous evening. Memory of her biography as dictated by Roi only made her giggle. She wished she had the same response when it came to the initial question she asked. Even after the change to her hair she didn't feel horribly different. Nothing had changed. She wasn't magically closer to anyone. She didn't really understand how to relate to people. She certainly didn't have any more clues as to what love really was. "Say, Adrian, how do you know you are in love? Or, I guess, how do you get closer to people?" Only by building up a relationship did a person eventually experience love after all. That much she understood from the people around her and from stories.

[Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent]
                                                        ʟɵϲдτɪɵɴ / / Bakery
                                                        ϲɵϻρдɴү / / Adrian
                                                        ϻɵɵĐ / / Curious
                                                        τнɵυɢнτȿ / / I don't understand.

[Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent]

Mistress Orion

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

14,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
User Image
User Image location
bakery
User Image company
Ylaine (and her appetite)
User Image mood
very surprised
User Image outfit
my clothes

User Image

"To the best of my knowledge, this is my natural color. I stripped the dye…But, thank you."

xxxxxSo it was her natural hair color. The pink looked good on her, but so did this. She was just one of those people who can pull off various looks and still look good no matter the outcome.

"Ah~ Miss Maryn let me go early. She said that it would be worker abuse if I was working when her mother showed up."

xxxxxAdrian couldn't help but chuckle. He never had the "pleasure" of meeting Maryn's mother, but he had heard of her. However, the little bit he did hear was not very positive of the woman. Ylaine had wonderful manners and thanked him for every action and comment. It was nice being around her. She was a very sweet girl. It's no wonder Maryn gave the girl more responsibility at the inn. She was very mature as well.

"To be honest, I don't think I would have had the courage to change it if it wasn't for Roi. I was really worried I'd regret it afterwards. But if you say it suits me, maybe I don't have to worry about it. At the very least the length is far more practical."

xxxxx"Oh yeah?" He got the water to her as quickly as possible since she started choking a little. It was so funny how he had become one of those servers who had the terrible habit of asking questions just as the customer started filling their mouths. He never thought he would, but here he was asking Ylaine what drink she wanted right as she stuffed her face. He apologized and handed her a napkin with the glass. He pat her back lightly as she drank the water down quickly.

"That was too close."

xxxxx"Yeah, no kidding! Sorry 'bout that Ylaine." He felt a little embarrassed about the matter and decided to offer her something cost free. Before getting a chance to ask her what she would like to take with her, she asked a question that was totally out of left field.

"Say, Adrian, how do you know you are in love? Or, I guess, how do you get closer to people?"

xxxxxIf he had a drink, he would have spit it out everywhere. Was she falling in love with someone? Maybe it was Roi. If he was able to have enough influence that she would change her hair, which is a big choice for a lot of people, maybe she had more than platonic feelings for him. It wasn't his place to pry though. Maybe if they were close friends, but not with their current friendship status, no. He wasn't quite sure how to answer the question though. He cleared his throat, trying to decide on what to say. "Well, uh, that's a very good question. Truth be told, I've never been in love. At least I don't think I have. I've only had one girlfriend in my lifetime. I've had a few crushes though. Who knows..." Feeling a little awkward giving love advice, he changed to the second topic. "If you want to get closer to someone though, spending a lot of time together is the key. It's hard to become best friends with someone over night. Having good and bad times together develops a bond. Having some of the same interests and being involved in the other person's hobbies helps too. I hope that helps. I'm not the best at these things you know. Heh, I have a poor love life. You might want to ask someone else who's a bit more experienced." He wasn't trying to brush her off, he genuinely didn't know what he could tell her. He wasn't experienced in the field of love and he didn't have best friends. Well, outside of his parents. Which that itself speaks volumes about his relationships. He sighed and hoped that Ylaine wouldn't take offense to his suggestion of talking to someone else about these matters.

ɴσтнιɴɢ υɴмαɴℓץ αвσυт вαкιɴɢ... ɴσ sιʀєє !

User Image

o3o
Merlin The Mage

Fashionable Combatant

11,700 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Champion 300
  • Married 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
                    tab It wasn't as hot as she thought it would be. Maybe this was simply her, maybe it was the fact that she was used to being around white hot metals in the sweltering shop. Though it was more likely that it was because of how early in the morning it was, even if it was the desert. She had set out an hour or so after sunrise from her freshly purchased abode, and the task of the day was to find the old gunsmith shop. Lucky for her, it was in a completely different district from her home, and on the outskirts of the town, meaning it was in the middle of nowhere in the middle of nowhere.

tab The red head let out an exasperated sigh as she trekked along in the sands, having no earthly clue where she was heading. Was she even in the right district? The outer areas all looked the same, filled with sand. Illea never imagined she would have to move into such a remote place in her lifetime. The more remote she was though, the lower the chance dropped that she would have any trouble from the government or any mafia stragglers. God only knew what would happen if she had a run in with any old members, that was, if there were any even alive other than her. No matter how frustrated she was, she happily would choose Speranza over a more developed city any day. That didn't mean she couldn't still be aggravated right now however.

tab She had thought about asking directions. That was, if there had been anybody around. She seemed to be the only one out, with her canvas sack of tools over her shoulder being her sole companion. It bounced off her back as she walked with a dull metallic thump, thump, thump. It had quickly become a painful experience, seeing as the white cotton work shirt she wore was in no way an effective barrier. Yet she enjoyed the rhythm, and didn't bother readjusting. It was soothing. Enchanting, honestly. So much so that she almost didn't notice him, the only one that was around other than her. The crunch of his steps on the sandpaper-esque ground cut through to her senses, snapping her out of her daze. At that moment she was sure it was just her, because it didn't feel hot. It felt cold.

tab She wasn't positive of his identity, but she didn't want to wait to find out. He was looking at her, and at any second could recognize her. She looked away from him quickly, trying to find a way of nonchalant escape. Of course, she was still in the outskirts of Speranza, in the Oxalis district. There wasn't much around, yet miraculously there were buildings up ahead. She honestly tried not to look so desperate, so spooked, so obvious, but the fact of the matter was she nearly doubled pace and sharply turned into the alleyway between the buildings the first second she could. Illea wasn't the only one who could speed up however, as in moments she could hear the strong footsteps quick on her heels. Though it didn't seem to matter how fast she had gone, she ended up cornered like a rat in that alley.

tab It was who she had thought. Rando, the Don's son, right hand man Tony, with the family's distinct icy hair. He was someone she hadn't seen very often back when she still was with her father, unlike his sister. He didn't care particularly for firearms, and he didn't particularly care for doing anything in general anyway. Scum among scum. She had thought he would be dead, along with the rest, along with Emery. Life didn't like playing fair. She winced as he pinned her against the wall, the pain from her toolbag being impossible to ignore now as pliers and screwdrivers stabbed into her back. Once he had her where he wanted her, his monologue began.

tab "You know, running is a dead giveaway." She almost wanted to laugh. At least she had a chance with a head start, unlike waiting till the last second and praying to be dismissed. He continued on, and as he spoke he stared at her with eyes not unlike Emery's. It quickly made her anxious, making his words almost muffled against the intensity of it. That was, until he got to the point. "You're that oily crone's gal," she began to feel the heat rise up in her body from her stomach, slowly moving up into her chest where he held her shirt fast. "I sure as hell hope you don't have some sort of revenge vendetta, because if that's the case, I'll end you right now. No one's going to kill her under my watch," he finished, though before she could even process his final sentence to question who "her" was, it had already begun.

tab She strongly jerked against him, her anger now peaked and erupting forth. "Wouldn't you like to know, traitor?" she hissed, her eyes flaring. It had been obvious that the entire Mafia had been ratted out by someone, for the raid to have been that clean. She heard the whispers around that the Don's son was alive, and there was an obvious suspicion of him if he had indeed survived. "Maybe you should ask Tony something about that," she almost could spit venom with her words, but she had a close alternative, her saliva. She spit straight on his face, glaring into the frosted eyes she found disgusting in his skull. She hated them for looking like hers. It was in that moment that her mind finally clicked in that final sentence, his "her." It instantly made her stop and soften, her eyes shifting from ferocious to tame.

tab "Which 'her' do you mean," she questioned, not exactly in the position for it. She wanted it to be Emery, she wanted her to have survived. She almost couldn't even breathe at the thought of it. It was a very likely outcome to the situation that Illea would die that minute, but now all that filled her every thought was thoughts and hopes that girl was still alive instead of for herself. She would go willingly, as long as she got the answer to her question. Until then it would consume her, the need to know, you could see it in her eyes that overflowed with desire and desperation as they locked into her assailant's.

User Image xx Rando xx User Image xx Oxalis District, Alleyway xx User Image xx An Interrigation User Image Baaaaaah awful

Merlin the Mage

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                              I've been shot up and ъeaten to no end.

I was a man to be ғeared even when I was a slacker.

Now I am only a ϯraitor that had a cause.

Only fragments remain of what I ѡished to protect.

There were a number of things Rando expected the girl to do. Struggle, squirm, cry and maybe even beg. Getting angry and spitting on his face were things that would have fallen on the list of things he very clearly expected her never to do. The mobster didn't even flinch. He didn't glance away. Rando didn't even bother to wipe off his face. His gaze bore down on her, eyes darkening. It was really exciting. His lips stretched into a sly smirk as he lowered his face down to her level. "You're right. I am the traitor aren't I? Tony sure as hell has nothing to do with that though. Last I saw him, he was very, very dead. Something you seem to want to share in common with him." His free hand moved down from the wall and his thumb ran over her cheek. "Unfortunately for you, I don't share her violent tendencies. But I do love messing with my prey when it gets angry." To his misfortune, her anger soon subsided.

Replaced with a almost childlike thirst for knowledge about his mention of her. Did she not know? Rando pulled back and released her shirt, his minute of excitement far gone. "Wouldn't you like to know, deserter." He said the words mockingly, imitating her word choice from just moments ago. If she hadn't spit on his face he may have been more keen to tell her. Wiping his cheek with his sleeve, he grimaced. "If you wound up here by chance, what's to stop you from causing trouble when you do know?" Maybe the gun girl didn't know yet, but she could easily seek to take action after she found out. Of course she'd so vehemently accused him of being a traitor. Stoking his chin, he gave a small nod.

"Ya know, I get the feeling you won't do much. You're too squirrely. Still, it's probably best if I damn well show you." He motioned for her to follow before walking off. Around that time there were a number of places she could be. Usually at the inn, but sometimes out running errands. "This might be a stake out for a while. I'm going to grab a bagel first." The bagel he'd received from Adriane the day prior had left a bad taste in his mouth. He knew a fresh one with all the toppings wouldn't do much to change the annoyance he'd felt at the situation, but all the same, it was worth a shot. Rando led, well, not so much led, he didn't really care if the red head followed of not. His walk to the Cereus district was brisk and it took no more than ten or fifteen minutes before he arrived at the door to the bakery.

His hand lingered by the handle as he peered through the door. Any other day he'd have barged right in, but the blue locks of hair that belonged to the woman by the counter were all to familiar. He hadn't seen that same icy blue since he'd looked in the mirror that morning. He never saw it in anything but a mirror. Yet there it was, as clear as day. He could almost boil over. Clearly the cook he'd held up last night had done a bit more than he'd let on about. No. There was no need to jump to conclusions. There was any number of other people she could have spoken to that made her decide to strip the dye from her hair. His voice dripped with his rage. "Looks like we found her before I could grab that bagel. Seems she decided to stop dying her hair though. I need to figure out who to thank for that." He scowled. "Don't be confused though, Emery is very much dead. She doesn't remember any of it. Same body, new person. And I sure as hell hope you'd value your life enough to not going trying to make her remember. She's better off not. I killed them all so she could live a life and I'm pretty pleased it is a pretty normal one." He shot Illea a cold glance, making sure he knew his threat was serious. "Are we clear, gun girl?" Before she could answer, Ylaine exited the bakery and shoved past, making two small remarks. He didn't intend to tail her at that moment anyways. Figuring out who'd influenced her was much more important.

Elegantly Egotistic

ζocation Bakery

Ҁompany Illea, Ylaine (Briefly)

ɱood Annoyed

ϯhoughts I'm going to have to pay someone a visit.

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

It was astounding how much less helpful Adrian's answer was than Roi's. Both were equally vague. Adrian had offered at least an action she could take to develop bonds with others. Still, she couldn't help the sickened look that passed over her face when he suggested it. There was one person that clung to her endlessly and she despised him for it. Had he just been trying to get closer to her? No. The person that shared her natural hair color was certain to have ulterior motives. No more than a stalker. She smiled again and took another bite of cake, pushing thoughts of Rando from her mind. With any luck he wouldn't recognize her. As she chewed, she mulled over the entirety of Adrian's answer. "So…It has to be someone you would break mountains for and someone you have shared good and bad times with." She was visibly upset for a moment. The answer just seemed more convoluted and difficult than ever.

"I don't think I've ever been through any bad times. Definitely not from what I remember at least." She stabbed at her cake, trying to think of a bad instance she'd shared with anyone. "No, there was one bad thing that happened." She reached for her hip and rubbed it gently. "That doesn't matter though." Beaming, she returned to energetically eating her cake. It wasn't really an experience she truly shared with anyone and the person involved wasn't someone she'd ever see again. He was long, long gone. "Thank you a lot for the advice, Adrian. I think I will try it out today." She scarfed down the rest of her food and dropped her payment on the counter before waving and running off. As she swung open the door she froze. There was the stalker.

"Sorry, I'm busy today." She forced a smile and shoved past him, meeting no resistance. There was another girl with him as well. "Be careful with him, he can be a real creep." She deserved the warning. With any hope he would keep his company and not follow. She was back at the restaurant in a flash. Although she wasn't there to look for Roi. The restaurant was only a starting point, but finding it locked she headed off the her next destination. There was a house just a few blocks over where Maryanne and Rowena lived. Knocking on the door, she waited for someone to answer, hopefully the young brunette. With Roi and Adrian's advice, she was going to spend her day clinging to the waitress. Maybe then she'd at least make another friend. When the door finally opened she put on her brightest smile. "Good morning!"

[Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent]
                                                        ʟɵϲдτɪɵɴ / / Cereus District
                                                        ϲɵϻρдɴү / / Adrian > Rando,Illea > Maryanne/Rowena?
                                                        ϻɵɵĐ / / Excited
                                                        τнɵυɢнτȿ / / This'll be fun.

[Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent]

Mistress Orion

Elegantly Egotistic

Emu Avian

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Eyra awoke in Xiao's bed. She certainly hadn't fallen asleep there. She'd actually thrown quite a fit and demanded to be the one to sleep on the floor. The wizard hadn't seemed to stick to the arrangement. The farm hand couldn't be annoyed though. She'd slept well, better than usual even. She also had work to get back to though. Xiao being awake and out of bed certainly saved her sanity for the morning. She could hardly handle a kiss, much less waking up with his face inches from her. Climbing out of his bed, she stretched. "Good morning, Xiao, and thanks for letting me stay the night." A tender smile graced her lips as she walked over to him and gave him a small kiss on the cheek. She'd shortened his name as well. It was safer and a bit easier on her heart. "I'll have to see you later though. I need to get to work. The earlier the better. Lley might have a tough time judging the condition of the crops after what happened yesterday." It definitely wasn't a normal circumstance. She said her goodbyes before heading off with a smile.

Getting back to the farm wasn't hard. The streets were mostly empty and she didn't feel nervous in the dress she'd found anymore. It was wrinkled from sleeping in it, a trait which ruined how fancy it originally felt. When she got home she changed back into dirty work clothes and brushed her hair, tying it up into a sloppy ponytail. She'd put Lley through a lot the previous day so she planned to let him sleep in. Eyra had done the chores on her own for years. One day back to the former norm wasn't going to hurt. After all the maintenance from the previous day, the plants were faring quite well. The ground was still a bit too moist, so she undid the tarp so the sun could beat down on them. Even uncovering the field, she only folded the tarp over to the other side of two of the poles. She never knew when it would rain again and setting up the whole thing was tedious. Leaving it half-constructed would save time later on.

Aside from the tarp, she also reformed the regular irrigation holes and added a bit of fertilizer to each plant. With any luck that would be all the attention they needed for that day. If the strange weather continued though, she'd have to go over a new order schedule with Lley. They'd need to get all new seeds instead of the ones she'd been carefully cross-breeding and selectively keeping over the years. The ones she'd worked on were partial to the old climate and would have a harder time growing in more standard conditions. When she finished, she sat cross-legged by the side of the field. Watching the crops was something that never got old for her. As important as their color and the condition of the soil around their roots was, their durability against wind and other behaviors gave just as many clues as to their care regimen.

Watching the field was an escape as well. She didn't have to think about the dress or the letters. There was no pressure to consider her newfound relationship. She really did like Xiao, but the previous day had been overwhelming in it's own way. The feeling of his lips on her still lingered and the mere though of it was enough to send her into a blissful dream land. She almost felt her heart wouldn't be able to take doing such things one a regular basis. It was a far cry from the way things had worked in her home town. Boy asks girl to dance. Girl accepts. Half a year later they get married. It was practicality and lust, not love of affection. More than any physical contact she wanted to be able to protect Xiao in the way he had protected her. Her feelings of inadequacy by his side were still very much a thing. She didn't match visually. She had no real power. The best she could offer was to strive not to be a weakness.

You're thinking mighty hard there, aren't you?

It was almost as if on cue. The voice was the other nagging thing she had to think about. A new level of crazy almost. She hadn't had an episode the night since it's arrival, but the idea that an almost separate entity in her mind seemingly had access to more knowledge about her experiences than she did was disturbing. The realization that she'd forgotten something was that much more clear and the voice wasn't so keen on revealing what it was. "Tch. You're really going to get on my nerves, you know that?"

It's just fine. We should enjoy this for now. You'll be all better soon anyways. You have new things to strive towards.

It was right. She was right. More than going home, standing next to Xiao as any sort of equal took precedence and finding a way to do that wasn't going to be easy. She'd conquered caring for crops and flowers in conditions that would make farmers back home weep. She'd supplied a town in the desert with food. She could go home any time. What she couldn't do was find another man at home that moved her heart in the same way. Her gaze focused on the crops as she brainstormed. There had to be something she could do.

OOC

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[Indent][Indent][Indent]

LOCATION / / Farm [Indent][Indent]
COMPANY / / Alone [Indent][Indent]
MOOD / / Thoughtful [Indent][Indent]
THOUGHTS / / I just need an idea. [Indent][Indent]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Fashionable Combatant

11,700 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Champion 300
  • Married 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
                    tab You could tell they were related, they both seemed to become whole with victims dug under their nails. He was practically a child in her eyes compared to Emery, whose face twisted and was reborn when in the sight of gorish delights. Yet Rando's new found excitement at the fired up red head was quite apparent all the same, his mouth curling into a snake like smile. As his serpentine threats left his mouth he brushed her cheek, making her practically cringe. It didn't last however, like her anger it vanished and was replaced with a new emotion. For him, it seemed to be annoyance mixed with disappointment.

tab He let her go quite easily to her surprise, despite his strong threats on her life only seconds ago. "Wouldn't you like to know, deserter." Yeah, spitting on his face definitely put a damper on her request. That wasn't the end of it astonishingly, as she could see the gears of his head turning as he looked at her and thought aloud of what do decide. "It's probably best if I damn well show you." She could feel a thump in her chest as he said it, though her girlish excitement was quickly replaced with a tinge of annoyance as he mentioned his prior engagement. A bagel. She definitely didn't regret spitting in his face now.

tab The walk to the bakery was short and silent. Illea kept in step behind him, despite his long strides. He didn't particularly care it seemed whether she was there or not, and he didn't see her as any threat either to allow such tailing. When they arrived to his so important destination, his quickened pace suddenly hesitated. Before she could say a word out came from the man in a growl, "Looks like we found her before I could grab that bagel." Then she was the one hesitating, almost afraid to look past him inside. She could only make one step to move around him before her entire body seized with an acute gasp being the only thing to escape it. The icy man continued on his drab talk, but she didn't hear a word of it. Instead she could only hear the strong acceleration of her chest's pounding. Emery was indeed alive, and in a desert bakery of all places. It was a ridiculous thought, Emery had hated sweets and refused to eat them. Though in all her cold glory she was there, her long blue locks shining in florescent lights. Yet she wasn't cold. Her face was lit with a genuine happiness, something she had never thought possible to see. Like a sweet young girl she chatted with her flustered host, cake in hand and a utensil in the other. She almost jumped when she suddenly stabbed into it, a heat shooting through her body like lightning as she did so. Her legs felt weak. There was nothing to grab onto however other than Rando, which the thought brought back her attention to his words. "- I sure as hell hope you'd value your life enough to not going trying to make her remember. She's better off not. I killed them all so she could live a life and I'm pretty pleased it is a pretty normal one." His frozen look did nothing for her heated body, it was almost unnoticeable. "Are we clear, gun girl?"

tab The quick jerk of the bakery door opening and a familiar yet strange voice cut off any response she would think to make. "Sorry, I'm busy today." Then in a second the girl she had been ogling from afar forced her way past, stopping for a second to look at her. Her face burned. "Be careful with him, he can be a real creep." And with that she walked off. She was stunned for a moment, but then a great laughter exploded from her small frame. She tried to stifle it, but instead it only worsened. She stumbled and fell back on the hard ground, tears forming in the corner of her eyes that quickly rolled down and splattered next to her. She gasped for air as she continued, her hysterics making her look almost a portion as insane as Emery herself. "Its-" She began, though she had to stop immediately to breathe between laughter, "so ridiculous!" It was a miracle she managed to get it all out, as after she said it the thought made her laugh even harder. She was now on her side, practically rolling around in her frenzied state. She tried to make out another thought, but she just couldn't. The situation was just all too insane she couldn't even think.

User Image xx Rando, Ylaine xx User Image xx Cereus District, Bakery xx User Image xx A Realization xx User Image Twelve years later, a post.

Merlin the Mage

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces