Welcome to Gaia! ::

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Member 100
User Image

User Image
                                                                        tab THE NICEST SWEETEST ◢⋮UTMOST IN EVERYTHINGxx
                                                                        tab tab tab tab tab tab IT'S SO CHARMING ( VERY CHARMING )
                                                                        tab ⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰
                                                                        tab tab WELL RECKON && PLAY THE FOOL x NO ONE'S ILL AT EASE ˟
                                                                        A N D xx T H E Y xx W I L L xx P U T xx T H E I R xx D E E P E S T xx SWISHBANG xx T R U S T xx I N xx Y O U
                                                                        A N D xx T H E Y xx W I L L xx P U T xx T H E I R xx D E E P E S T xx SWISHBANG xx T R U S T xx I N xx Y O U
                                                                        tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ( no one saw it coming )
                                                    ════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                    tab PROFILE tab tab OUTFIT tab tab IN THE MANOR tab tab EMERY

Henri didn’t seem pleased by her announcement? Normal? Boring. Maybe he should have asked her to join the circus if he won, or something. Imagining her strapped to a board with some crazy magician throwing daggers at her? He couldn’t hold back a snort. Now that would be interesting. He could practically imagine her paranoia levels shooting through the roof until she’d shot up the magician and everybody else present. Guns are still too loud, but… priceless.

He watched her approach, mostly to make sure she didn’t touch the burner or something. He had it on medium heat, to melt some of the butter in the pan, but it was still hot… he glanced over at her. Compliments? Woah. She really was trying hard. He had barely started. He chuckled quietly, shaking his head.
                                                          “So far? I think yer underestimatin’ me,” he teased. “I hope ye’ don’ mind seafud, though. I’m makin’ a salad for th’side, but yer bruh’der ‘as very… specific tastes.” he gestured towards the array on the countertop before taking a labouring step towards the cutting board, easily and quickly cubing the lobster (already shelled) with a practiced hand. He watched Emery from the side of his eye, placing the knife down once he was done, and limping over to the sink to wash his hands before adding the finely chopped garlic into the pan; it let out a satisfying sizzle as it hit the bubbling butter and the smell quickly spread through the kitchen.

“Yum,” he hummed quietly to himself, watching the pan closely and waiting until the tiny bits of garlic had just begun to brown before adding in the lobster pieces. “Why cookin’, ‘uh? Well,” he paused, thoughtfully. For a moment the only noise that he caused was a satisfying sizzle from the pan as he mixed around the food to prevent if rom burning. “I don’ like cops, I don’ like military, an’ I don’ like authority. Pretty much wus raised by bandits an’ when I got out av that, I foun’ dealing with normal people wus too troublesome. Ye need t’eat t’survive, an’ I’ve always liked knives an’ fire, so cookin’ seemed like a gran’ plan.” He paused, thoughtfully adjusting the heat to let it sizzle on a lower heat while he washed his hands again before turning to prepare the salad. There really wasn’t much to work with, but he was hoping he could manage to prepare a fruit based dressing for the salad — he hadn’t touched dressings in years, so it was certainly a stretch to try… but what was life without taking risks? He already knew that the redhead could have done something more impressive with this array of ingredients — Henri was lost enough as it was without a grill to work on.

“I may not ‘ave yer rules, lassy, but I do understan’ ye’ ‘ave things ye can an’ can’t do if ye’ don’ wan’ t’be caught. I didn’ wan’ t’be caught, so I foun’ somethin’ I could hide behind. Nobody’s goin’ t’ think twice about a cook havin’ a slew av knives in ‘is kitchen. People don’ think ‘oh, somebody died! Obviously th’ cook from th’other side o’ town did it!’” He noted through his nose, rolling his eyes. “It was survival, an’ tha’s it. It jist happened t’ be somethin’ I also enjoyed.”

He turned his focus back to the food, hardly caring about what he’d just said. It wasn’t like she was the type to turn him in — and even if she did, she was hardly on the best terms with the local law enforcement now, she had no evidence aside from her word, and he could easily pack up and be gone before the officers could even find him. Well, maybe not easily, but it could be done.
                                                          “I ‘av not,” he responded simply, moving the pan off the heat and struggling about for a moment in search of plates before setting the food on on them. By the time he finished this Henri himself trembling slightly and his eyes were tightly closed, pain pulling at his features as his other hand buried deeply into his pocket in search of his medicine box. He pulled it out, fumbling two more pills out and quickly throwing them back, shoving the box back into his pocket before reaching for his cane. It crashed against the ground, an uncharacteristically clumsy gesture knocking it off the ‘perch’ and onto the floor. His hand clenched the counter to avoid totally falling over, glaring down at the cane with a usually well hidden, murderous expression while muttering curses under his breath.
                                                      Merlin The Mage

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

14,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
User Image

User Image

Estelle had been through so much since her move to Speranza. Having both parents pass at the same time was bad enough. Then the whole town was under siege and her new family had been attacked and forcibly removed from their home. As if it couldn't get worse, there was another death. Cleo wasn't the same after Edgar was publicly executed. As much as the girl wanted to cheer Cleo up, she just pulled further away. The only thing she could do was stay in the vicinity to make sure Cleo didn't get into too much trouble. Unfortunately, that was something she wouldn't be able to handle on her own. Anthony eventually had to kid proof the place after the little girl's stunts she had been pulling. Today was the boat festival though. Many townies were paying their respects. Estelle hoped that this would give Cleo some small bit of closure, but that was unlikely. She was still fairly young and impressionable.

The platinum blonde picked a nice spring outfit to wear to the festival and put her hair into a simple braid off to the side. It was one of the few hairstyles she could do completely on her own without it looking messed up. Afterwards, she checked if Cleo was ready as well. The girl was scribbling away on a paper with crayons. She needed a hair brushing, but Estelle waited until she finished before attempting to deal with her cousin's hair. After Cleo furiously rolled up the drawing and gripped it tightly along with Bunbun, she tried her best not to upset her young cousin by brushing gently and as quickly as possible. Trying to put it up would have been too much of a hassle since the girl was only wanting to spend the day at Edgar's boat. As soon as the hair was tangle free, she set the brush down and gently ushered Cleo downstairs.

The walk to the boat was slow paced. Cleo had decided to bring a couple presents and insisted on holding them with her stuffed lovey in her arms to boot. Estelle would have normally been holding the girl's hand, but her arms were so full, it was actually pretty adorable seeing the child carry such a big load. Estelle hooked her arm around Anthony's and snuggled it a bit. She wanted to smile up at him to reassure him that she was fine, but she wasn't sure if it would be misconstrued considering the occasion. She noticed that Cleo was lagging behind a bit, so she softly tugged on Ant's sleeve to get his attention. She signed to him once he looked down at her. Slow down please.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
LOCATION near the boat | COMPANY Ant & Cleo | MOOD sombre | OUTFIT
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

OOC
sorry it took me forever lolol. DERP.
Kathryn Anon

Friendly Friend

User ImageUser Image[indent]Location : Lakeside (ZAMIA)[indent]Company : Sylvia (Garnos, Maryn, Harvest God)[indent]

As it had been the case for most others who were familiar with the mayor, the past couple of weeks had been difficult for Ethne. His sudden and seemingly meaningless death had greatly shaken the dark-haired woman to her core; prior to that event she had been blissfully unaware of the cruelties and injustices that war brought. Now, the memory haunted her, and the painfully childish and stubborn of question "Why?" wedged itself in her thought processes, forcing her to retreat into seclusion with it's unsatisfactory answer:

The blond captain of the soldiers had shot Edgar simply because he could.

Ethne stood at the edge of the lake, separate from the others as they watched Maryn clamber into Edgar's refurbished boat. A small breeze ruffled short dark hair that framed her pale face, her expression it's usual impassive mask though her dark eyes were hard with anger. The man's blatant disregard for another's life was revolting, disgusting, maddening -- Ethne had half the mind of pulling out her concealed revolver and shooting him from her vantage point inside the inn. But what would have that accomplished? Her long lost other half was at the mercy of the troops, and Edgar was already dead. If she had pulled the trigger, Ethne would have revealed herself to her twin sister long enough to let her see her get cut down from where she stood. The ravenette unconsciously placed a hand over her abdomen, the concealed revolver handle just a flick away. It was a shame that neither sister would be the one who put an end to that man.

As Maryn hesitated in getting in the boat, Ethne became aware of the sudden arrival of another observer. A tall man with long dark hair stood on a distant bank, facing in the direction of the innkeeper. A chill ran up her spine as she watched him; she had heard talk of a Harvest God being born to the town, but she had no idea what that was supposed to mean or the full implications of the event. Her slender grasped at the hidden weapon in her coat as she stared at the man as if transfixed by the sight of him, her mind whirring with questions. What had caused his appearance? Why was he here? What was he capable of?

"Heya~ What’s up?”

The combination of the tap on the shoulder and the familiar voice was enough to snap Ethne out of her distracted state. The woman’s gaze lingered on the Harvest God a moment longer before she turned to look at her cousin. ”Sylvia,” she greeted with a small nod. ”I’m glad to see that you could make it.” Tucking a bit of her black hair behind her ear Ethne returned her attention to Maryn, who had drifted out a distance into the lake and was now erecting a childish flag. ”I am just watching the proceedings to see what Ms. Valji had in mind for today.” As memories of the deceased mayor flitted through Ethne’s mind she felt her chest clench a little. While she had not grown terribly close to the man, their conversations were never unpleasant, and his goofy company was enjoyable. Her hand clenched at the gun once more before it dropped to her side. Knowing what a honest and kind man Edgar was made his passing seem that much more tragic.

”Sylvia, have you seen that man before?” Ethne asked suddenly, pointing briefly towards the Harvest God on the distant bank. ”People are calling him the ‘Harvest God’... what do you think of that? What is that supposed to mean? He looks like any other man to me.”

Mistress Orion

Friendly Friend

User ImageUser Image
                                                      Location : Roi's Home (IDRIA)[indent]Company : Nadya

Roi became quite still, his eyes fixed on the wall across the room from him, where the 'elephant' looked back with quietly thoughtful eyes. When he sought to bring the topic out, he knew that he would feel guilt for disappearing in such a manner to Nadya. However, he did not expect the conversation to go so calmly. The Nadya he knew was ruled by her emotions, her feelings often times conflicting with what she was taught to think, thus leaving her in a confused and agitated mess. However, the Nadya next to him now was far from that; her calm collected demeanor belied any notion that the conversation was bringing her as much grief as their earlier conversation about his past wife did.

"Nadya..." Finally tearing his gaze from the wall, Roi gazed down at the woman by his side. Whatever words that were to follow never came, and he liked at her for a long moment worn a strange, mixed expression: uncertainty, curiosity, conflict. Nadya’s visage had relaxed from it’s earlier embarrassed state. She almost looked like she was sleeping, no smile or frown on her lips and her eyes closed. “It’s alright, really. I’m alright about that now. It was a long time ago.” Though neither of them were ignorant to the fact that one year really wasn’t that long, considering she only remembered a little over ten years of her life. As if to prove that she wasn’t on the verge of breakdown she opened her eyes, smiling a little up towards him. Roi swallowed and shook his head; he may as well launch the question now.

"Nadya, if we are going to room together, I need to know how ye feel... about me now. I don' want to go much longer with this arrangement without considering yer feelings more. Ye... followed me out here, afterall." She looked towards him before pushing herself up to a seated position with a quiet grunt. She rested her elbows on her knees, intertwining her fingers in front of her. “Can I ask you to answer that, first?” she hummed, watching him as carefully as he was her. “I suspect I know the answer, but I want to be sure...” For a brief, paranoid moment a myriad of doubts plagued Roi’s mind. Would his answer bias hers? Would it cause her to hold back and feed him another half-hearted lie? It had been like pulling teeth so far to even get to this point of openness on the topic with the woman. Seeing how intently she was looking at him for his answer, Roi couldn’t quite find the heart to firmly deny her. His pale olive eyes flicked away for a moment as he gathered his thoughts, then returned to her blue gaze.

”I don’.” Roi paused to swallow the small, anxious lump that was suddenly rising in the back of his throat. ”I haven’ been able to feel that way for another person for years now.” Not since she was gone. ”I’d like to think that I’m finally movin’ on, as… I am not opposed to the idea,” he continued, gesturing slightly between him and Nadya. ”However, from the sounds of it, I am the first man to enter yer world besides yer brother, and now… I am the only man.” His eyes seemed to grow more sad. ”I’d rather not be the entirety of yer world.” Nadya nodded her head a little bit, taking the news... rather well, actually. “Well,” she finally started after a thoughtful moment. “It’s more or less what I expected, actually. Well, the first part,” she noted quietly, her gaze turning a little sullen -- as if she’d been let down, or something. She let out a quiet sigh, closing her eyes again and trying to collect herself before she answered. She felt jittery -- on edge, but not enough that she wanted to flee the room. That was an improvement, at least.“Hmm,” she murmured for a moment, struggling to find the right words. “Well... I do love you,” she finally answered in a slow, almost hesitant voice. “But... it’s different than what I felt before, if that makes any sense at all.” Roi looked thoughtful, then slowly nodded.

”I understand what ye mean, but I don’ believe I fully understand how ye feel, or felt.”

“It’s... a little embarrassing to say,” she finally choked out, turning her eyes back towards her hands. “What I was feeling then... was more desperate, I suppose. I know that you interested me, but just as much... the thought that you could take me away definitely entered my mind more than once. I just... I always felt so comfortable with you -- do you remember the fireworks festival? The fountain? Water terrified me, even shallow pools like that made me uncomfortable. But it’s one of my fondest memories, now. I was a lot more... confused then. I had a lot of time to think about things.” Roi was feeling a strange conflict of feelings, but remained quiet as he waited for her to continue. It was nice to know that he was able to help Nadya get over such a crippling fear. She was important enough to him that he would willingly devote time to help her with any other fears and insecurities that she may have… but would she develop a dangerous attachment because of it? Surely she couldn’t depend on him for everything. Nadya only sighed at his silence, continuing with her gaze directed downwards. “I did follow you here, yes, but... I half expected you to leave again -- or to tell me to go. I would have done it, you know. Just leaving Kudamono... it was something I needed to do, but I couldn’t do it without a reason... or rather, a destination, at least. I knew I’d be too tempted to go back. I didn’t expect this arrangement, exactly... but I do like it,” she added in a slightly hopeful tone before dropping back into hesitant silence.

Roi remained seated for a moment before wordlessly rose from his seat to stand by his desk. One hand rested on the back of his chair, the fingertips of the other alighted on one of the papers on his desk. His calm movements belied the frustration that burned within him. This matter should not be that complicated. ”No, Nadya. My heart belongs to another.” It could be as simple as that. ”I’m sorry, Nadya, but I don’ see this workin’ between us.” That’s all it would take, it’s what he had planned prior to this!

So why couldn’t he bring himself to do it? Just as he realized what gave him pause from leaving Speranza to continue his worldwide excursion, he realized the pathetic hole he had been digging himself into for years. As he had watched Nadya, and saw how she was able to leave certain things behind her while she still clung hopelessly to others, the realization of his own similar tendencies crashed into him like a truck.

Look, all around this room! Memories of her was everywhere, from her poems to other random personal effects of hers! The redhead was practically drowning himself in it, as if it would bring her back one day, or at the very least keep him close to her. What did he think hopping from city to city would accomplish? Did he really think he would find her? Emery crossed his mind then -- ”You won't see me again after I leave here. No matter how hard you try." -- and his hand balled into a fist over the poems. She was gone too. They were both gone. Gone gone gone. So effortlessly had they upped and cut the man out of their lives. What was he waiting around for?

What was he holding on for anymore?

Nadya looked towards Roi with an expression of worry, unsure of what he could possibly be fretting over now. Had she said something bad? “Roi...” she gently encroached, remaining on the bed but leaning forwards slightly and trying to get a better look at something. “If... if you don’t want to talk about this anymore...” Roi turned suddenly from the desk towards Nadya, as if her voice suddenly reminded him that she was still there.

”Nadya--” A genuine smile suddenly broke out over the startled expression that was on his face. Moving in front of her, he knelt so that he wasn’t towering over her and rested a hand on her knee, the bells still ringing against his wrist. ”Believe me, lass, talkin’ about it helped.” He would break free. He would climb out of the dark hole he had been so intent on burying himself in for the past couple of years. To finally get a new perspective on himself -- on everything -- it was so refreshing. While the knowledge that all those precious memories would remain only memories still pained him, new resolve to shake off the shackles of what had been surged through him. He'd leave her behind... no matter how much that thought hurt him.

Swallowing hard to conceal the wince at the sharp pain through his chest, Roi continued: ”There are many things for me to sort out, Nadya. But… I’d…” Roi’s voice trailed off, and he looked as though he were struggling a little with the next few words. Come on, you can do it! Think of what's better for you for once! ”... I’d like to give this ol’ heart a try again. I hope ye will be patient with me, and no matter what happens -- I will always be yer friend in the end.” Whew. Pushing that out nearly winded the guy.

”As ye know, I’m hardly ready for anythin’ past some friendly dates, and there are others… other people. Would ye let me take ye out sometime, though?”

Kathryn Anon

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User ImageUser Image
LOCATION:: roi's house xxxCOMPANY:: roixxxPROFILExxxOUTFIT ↠ (warm weather ↠ pyjamas)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OOC:

Nadya stared at him, wide eyed and in somewhat obvious disbelief. She stared, and stared... and stared... and stared. Was she hearing him correctly? Had her deluded mind finally turned towards auditory hallucinations? Slowly it sunk in and she numbly nodded her head. And then all the blood seemed to rush to her face with such a dizzying force that she actually thought she might faint. Thankfully she didn’t, though her cheeks burned to a point where it was acutely uncomfortable.
                                                              “I would... like that,” she finally managed to mumble through her surprised and perplexed daze, miraculously not stuttering it out of coherency. “I... I was actually going to say, though,” she began after another moment, trying to make sense out of the now swirling thoughts in her head. “I understand it if you do want to see... other people. I came out here because, yes, you are really the only other person in my life... but I also have a lot of growing to do, and I want to try to meet more people... it’s been hard, considering all that’s happened, but it’s still something I want to do. For me, you’re still somebody very important but--” she stopped her rushed rambling to take a deep breath, exhaling slowly. “What I mean to say is... I would be very happy... if you would...” her voice grew quieter as her face burned even more furiously. “But... I don’t want you to worry that, if anything happens, I’ll be...” she waved her hand about as she tried to explain what she meant. “Destroyed, I guess..?” Roi nodded with a smile and another friendly pat on her knee.
                                                              ”I trust ye and yer judgement with yerself. If yer findin’ things too… strange, I guess, don’ feel obligated to do anythin’ for me, awrite?” Nadya smiled, a warm expression that had been far too fleeting since the death of her brother.
                                                              “Alright,” she agreed with a nod, hesitantly reaching to give his hand a squeeze. “And while I would say ‘don’t be worried about that’, I’ll make sure to keep it in mind.”

She could still feel the flush in her face and now she couldn’t keep eye contact to save her life. This was worse than in Kudamono -- at that time it had been more exploratory and really didn’t have any of the same emotional baggage that this did. She knew it wasn’t serious, and that she would be foolish (and doing the exact opposite of what she should be doing) to fall to the temptation of blind hope, but that was really hard to do. And here, she’d been just about to confess that she could move on if she was causing him unnecessary strain. She could still hardly believe she’d heard his words correctly. Roi gave her hand a friendly squeeze in return, then rose to his feet.
                                                              "Well, I'll be off before yer face melts off," he chuckled good-naturedly. "Or would ye like to join me for the festival?" Nadya’s complexion returned somewhat to normal as she glanced towards him, but fell as her eyes dropped down.
                                                              “I don’t... know if I can. A lake is very different from a fountain...” she murmured, intertwining her fingers again and staring at her hands. “I’m worried that, if something happens... I mean, I know that this festival isn’t just a festival, and I don’t want to risk...” Roi’s hand grasped her shoulder in a reassuring gesture. ”Then don’ go this time. We’ll take wee steps.” Retrieving a coat from the closet and running a lazy hand through his hair, Roi began to take his leave. ”I’ll see ye later then, lass.” Nadya nodded her head, smiling up towards him again as she sheepishly slipped off his bed. Now what?
                                                              “Yes,” she agreed, moving towards the door after him; she needed to go back to her abandoned book, anyways. “Have fun, okay? If that’s even possible… I guess I mean enjoy yourself? It doesn’t have to be fun...” She made a face, mostly at herself. She wasn't making any sense, and she was rambling, and she knew it. Maybe it was still a good thing that she was staying behind, alone. Roi's only response was to chuckle at her awkward rambling as he disappeared out the front door.

Nsdya smiled, waving Roi off and closing the door behind it. She pressed her back against the door, red to her ears again. Had that really just happened?

She moved upstairs, almost zombified, and took a long bath; soaking in lavender and lighting candles like she used to do when she had less to actually worry about -- but less control. After her bath she would finish cook a small supper and finish that book, she decided. And she did get about halfway through that plan... But as she settled onto the couch in the main room, a steaming cup of tea on the table and her hair still damp from bathing, curled up in her pyjamas with that book she’d been distractedly thinking about for most of that morning Nadya found her eyes dipping. She only got through a half a chapter before falling asleep, tipping sideways into the arm of the couch as the book slid out of her limp hands and on to her lap.

The musical Gerudo

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxx❛》━━━I CAN'T SPEAK TOO HONESTLY x ☭˟
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIT'S xxx TOO xxx CHALLENGING xxx FOR xxx ME x ███████ x IT'S xxx TOO xxx CHALLENGING xxx FOR xxx ME
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIT'S xxx TOO xxx CHALLENGING xxx FOR xxx ME x ███████ x IT'S xxx TOO xxx CHALLENGING xxx FOR xxx ME
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx╰⇣ So I keep on lying xxxx with a kitty hat

xxxJOURNAL xxxxxxx OUTFIT xxxxxxx LAKE xxxxxxx DADDY & ELLIE >> AUNTIE MARYN & UNCLE GARNOS
                                    User Image

Cleo toddled along behind her father and her cousin, eyes on the ground, arms overbearing gifts for her bestest friend. She knew that Mr. Captain liked ships and blue and sailing and pirates, so she was hoping that maybe if she gave him lots of presents he would come back and play with her again. But as much as she missed him, she was so scared… she remembered the loud bang, the ouchie, Mr. Captain falling asleep but not getting up even when the bad men dragged him away… she’d never seen Mr. Captain sleep before, but somehow she knew that nobody could sleep while being moved around that much. Something was very, very wrong. And now she wasn’t allowed to go and play with him — Daddy never took her to the town hall like he used to and she got in lots of trouble when she tried to go by herself. And now Daddy had even stuck the windows, so she couldn’t go out all sneaky like to not get in trouble!

Uncle Garnos also seemed very sad. She wanted to help him feel better, but she just… she couldn’t. She didn’t feel like talking — and when she tried, she only started crying. Not even Daddy’s hugs, which are the best hugs in the world, could make her chest stop hurting so much. In fact, it only seemed to hurt more. Why wasn’t Daddy upset about Mr. Captain going missing!? Why did Daddy have to yell at Uncle Garnos, when Uncle Garnos was obviously really sad!? She was angry. Angry that her Daddy went out to play with the bad men, angry that Daddy wouldn’t let her play at Mr. Captain’s house, and angry that Daddy wouldn’t bring Mr. Captain back.

She felt a little bit bad for being a meanie to Ellie. Cleo knew that Ellie was also just a little kid, like her, so there was nothing that she could do to make this better — Ellie didn’t even know Mr. Captain all that well! Still, Cleo didn’t want to talk to anybody… she didn’t want to see anybody… she didn’t want anybody else except Mr. Captain or Uncle Garnos because Uncle Garnos understood. When she had played with him that one day… she felt a little bit better, even if he wouldn’t read her Mr. Captain’s book…

She didn’t notice that she fell behind. She didn’t notice Ellie making Daddy slow down. She only noticed the stones that bounced away from her little black Mary-Jane shoes and how heavy the boat felt in her arms. But it was okay — she wanted to carry it. This was her present for Mr. Captain, and nobody could take that away from her no matter what.

When they arrived at the festival grounds Cleo stood by herself, close but not in contact with her father like she normally would. Her kitty hat was pulled far down over her head and her eyes were almost hidden beneath it. For some reason or another, Daddy was talking to Auntie Maryn — he seemed upset and he kept looking towards Cleo. When he finally came over and crouched down in front of her, Ellie’s hand still grasped in his, Cleo only looked up towards him with the small, sad frown that had been on her face since Mr. Captain ‘disappeared’.

“Do you want to go on the boat with Auntie Maryn and Uncle Garnos, hunny?” Cleo stared at her Daddy for a moment before looking towards the boat. The expression in her eyes lit up a little bit — a real boat, just like the ones in Mr. Captain’s stories… “They’re going to be setting off fireworks from there so it will be very loud, and you have to promise not to touch anything and stay with Uncle Garnos the whole time, alright?” Cleo turned her eyes back towards her Daddy’s, nodding her head a little bit. There was more life in her eyes than there had been for days.

Cleo didn’t really mind the heavy sigh that her Daddy let out as he rose up, looking towards Auntie Maryn with a nod. Cleo toddled towards the two adults, practically gluing herself to Uncle Garnos’ side as she struggled with the little boat, her rolled up letter (held shut, now, with a sticker of a pirate hat) and Bunbun in her arms. She looked up towards Uncle Garnos as if to clarify for sure that it was okay for her to go, though she’d cry and scream if suddenly the adults changed their minds. A boat… just like Mr. Captain’s boat… she wondered if he was on there? And if he was… Will he play with me?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♛!◟___________daddy's girl²
                                    The musical Gerudo
                                    Merlin The Mage
                                    Mistress Orion

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

14,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
User ImageUser Image

l o c a t i o n near boat c o m p a n y Ethne m o o d curious o u t f i t today's duds t a v e r n downstairs/upstairs v o i c e

xxxxx Hey, take a seat doll.

”Sylvia, I’m glad to see that you could make it. I am just watching the proceedings to see what Ms. Valji had in mind for today.”

Silver gave a single nod. "Of course. I wasn't incredibly close with Edgar, but he was a pretty good guy. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have a home here..." She thought back on when the mayor had offered her the deed with no trouble at all. He was truly a kind man despite his idiosyncrasies. It just gave him more of a charm really. As she pushed the thought from her mind, she was going to ask about how the inn proprietress had been holding up, Ethne suddenly resumed speaking.

”Sylvia, have you seen that man before? People are calling him the ‘Harvest God’... what do you think of that? What is that supposed to mean? He looks like any other man to me.”

The ravenette looked towards where her cousin had pointed. There stood a dark-haired man, watching the proceedings it might have seemed. There had been a couple murmurs, but she didn't know anything definitively about this so-called Harvest God. Seriously, what is that even supposed to mean anyway? "Uh, actually, this is the first time I've actually seen him in the livin' flesh. I haven't heard a lot about him either. Just little bits of talk here and there. I pretty much know about as much as you honestly." She wanted to know more about this mysterious entity, but no one else really knew much either. "I don't know what this is supposed to mean either...Things have just been so weird since the moment I moved to Speranza. Maybe magic is flowing back into this little dust bowl of a town..." Silver wasn't sure she even believed in such things, but it could be possible. Right? "What do you think about all of this?" If anyone could even come close to cracking this mystery, it would be Ethne.

User Image

OOC

The musical Gerudo

o3o

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                                    My demeanor is one ъecoming of a demon.

Ғear me all you wish.

I am ϯrained in the art of dominance.

Your passionate ѡailing reaffirms my existence.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Emery was the type who’d have been very, very dead if she’d possessed any tendency to underestimate people. Even having lost her bet, being able to observe Henri for a week would allow him to fall in status from over estimated to perfectly evaluated. When directed, she allowed her gaze to flit across the items spread across the counter. Her lips curled again. Luxury ingredients lined up like common vegetables. Rando never had anything less than the best. That should have made her happy. But instead she yearned for simple food.

As Henri continued on, the sizzling had grown into a sort of white noise. More so than the food itself she enjoyed the sounds of cooking. Emery could feel herself begin to lull and quickly shifted her focus to power through it. As she listened to him speak the luxuries of power granted to her by the mafia and then the rules bestowed by her father became painfully clear. Where Henri had to live in fear of people knowing he killed someone, she could operate openly, even legally since the fall of the syndicate. Self defense was a strong word in rugged town.

“I’ve spent my entire life tangled with law enforcement. Even when I was younger being caught wasn’t the end all of it. I wasn’t stupid enough to get caught, but if circumstances were dire the option to lie was always available.” She’d avoided such scenarios with every fiber of her being. The one thing she had always been when it came down to it was honest. A bit of misdirection here and there for the fun of it, but she always came clean. “Human beings are by nature very selfish as well. If you can pick up on their secrets quickly there are those who turn a blind eye to the worst of things.”

Secrets were a weakness.

“That’s a shame. He seems terribly smug.” Her eyes traced the contours of his face as his grimace became more and more apparent. Pills. She was hardly impressed. Moving from her location, she beat him to swiping up the cane. “You haven’t given yourself time to heal properly.” She offered the item back to him, positioned on the side of it so he couldn’t attempt to jab her with the pointy end. “You should rest more. Even if it’s boring, healing properly is important.”

She’d endured a season’s long hospital stay and she was still taking it easy. She didn’t vault up to any second story windows or move any large furnishings on her own. “Have you even had the doctor look at it?” After her mishandling of Roi’s injury she no longer felt qualified to give advice for treatment, but she could direct people to someone who’d know. The look in Henri’s eyes didn’t bother her in the least. She’d already had her guard up. Him slipping closer to coming at her with a knife wasn’t something she was entirely unprepared for.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Kathryn Anon

ζocation Mansion[Indent]
Ҁompany Henri[Indent]
ɱood Alert[Indent]
ϯhoughts ...[Indent]

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Lley had left without saying much else. After finishing with the crops. Eyra begun the long trek to the lake. The tears that nipped at her eyes were her own to bear. She couldn’t very well bother Swallow with them. How’d he even respond with her getting upset that some other man had left? She’d though Lley and her had become friends during him time there, but that clearly wasn’t the case. When the blue hues of water filtered into view, Eyra’s spirit eased a bit. That day was about Edgar. No amount of betrayal on Lley’s part could change that. Seeing the repaired boat bob on the water brought a small smile to her lips.

Using her sleeve, she dabbed at her damp eyes. Seeing the finished product had made the work well worth it. Dusk had started to settle. Soon Maryn would begin whatever plans she’d executed. The former farm hand was just happy to be there on time. Maybe a huge show would ease her heart on Edgar’s passing a bit. She’d never gotten to honestly say thank you for all the mayor had done. The job, the house. With the dawn of her new life not far away, she would put her lingering regrets to rest.

Off to her side, the Harvest God was illuminated in the dimming light. On the other side two ravenettes. And the gathering around the boat wasn’t a head count to be toyed with. The town had taken a big hit, but she had no intention of abandoning it or the people that remained. Waving to each group, she grinned. Many were still on edge about the harvest god. Eyra believed though. After seeing Swallow summon stars and shape shift the idea of a god being born of people’s collective wishes didn’t seem such a far stretch. It certainly helped that she’d sought the deity out afterwards and spoken with him.

OOC

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[Indent][Indent][Indent]

LOCATION / / Lake [Indent][Indent]
COMPANY / / (Ethne, Sylvia, God, Maryn, Garnos, Anthony, Estelle, Cleo) [Indent][Indent]
MOOD / / Happy [Indent][Indent]
THOUGHTS / / ... [Indent][Indent]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

14,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
User Image
User Image

LOCATION Edgar's boat | COMPANY Maryn, Garnos, Ant, Estelle, Cleo | MOOD emotional, hopeful
                                                xxxxxxxx User Image|User Image|User Image|User Image|User Image|User Image

Matt and his sister had slept in today. They also spent a lot of time lounging about the house. The only chore they even attempted was to let the animals out around noon as opposed to their usual time at sunrise. Neither of them were really in the mood to do much of anything else today. That's because it was finally the day. The boat festival. Every year, it had been a fun little event where the townspeople would humor the mayor and accept him for his eccentricities. But most importantly, Edgar was his friend. Time had distanced them a little, but they grew up together through their personal family tragedies even. Nothing could change that. He had only one regret: that he didn't spend more time with the guy. Everyone always makes the mistake of assuming that the people you love will always be around. Having lost a parent might have prepared a person better for this. It only made it worse for Matt though.

Light brown eyes focused up on the ceiling. Matt was lying on his back and faltering on his decision to go to the boat festival. He couldn't just stay home though. He needed to say his farewell to have proper closure. It would also make him a bit of an a** if he didn't show up for moral support. If anything, Maryn and Eyra could use some help. Heaving up suddenly, he let out a long sigh as he sat on the edge of the bed. He placed his face into his hands and sighed again. He ran his hands down his face and sniffed. Shower first... Another exasperated sigh came out as he stood. He was trying to take this one step at a time for now.

After the quick shower, he took a while to get dressed. Normally he just threw on whatever, went outside to collect from the animals, load up the produce from the farm and then head to town to drop off all of the goods at the general store. No work today though. He called out from his room for Christine. There was no response. He popped his head out to look down the hallway to her room. She wasn't anywhere in sight, so he assumed she was already en route or with the horses. He decided to head out anyway. Once to the door, he grabbed his hat off of a peg on the wall and shoved his feet into his worn boots. He sighed again as he pushed through the door.

As the smoky stallion slowed his pace when approaching the lake, Matt started to lead him around to the side to hitch him to a nearby tree. He hopped off his horse and made his way over to the boat. There were already quite a few people on board, but he wanted to see how Maryn was doing. A male figure in the distance caught his attention while he was closing in on the walkway to board the vessel. Is that the Harvest God everyone's been talking about? A small part of him hoped the story was true. Right now everyone really needed a glimmer of hope for a better future. The past year had been filled with such strange events and strife. He was definitely ready for some positive change. His gaze returned to his destination as he continued to walk up. Maryn, Eyra, and Garnos were there already. It seemed like Anthony and his girls had just shown up though. He pat the mailman on the shoulder as he came up behind. "Hey, how are the girls doin'?" He tipped his hat towards Maryn. "Anythin' I can help with still?" He was genuinely concerned he might have showed up too late for the preparations.

OOC

boop

Merlin The Mage

Kathryn Anon

Friendly Friend

User Image

Garnos Sparrow

└─────────────────────┘

Was Maryn’s casual response to Garnos’ concerns supposed to be reassuring? The young man’s fretting on the shore increased at the thought of the woman accidentally getting ignited by one of the fireworks, or worse -- getting hit and caught in the explosion by a misfire! Her mention of the deceased mayor’s antics with the colorful explosives did little to allay Garnos’ concerns. Just because Edgar somehow managed to survive without a scratch while messing with fireworks didn’t mean she could! His pathetic fretting quieted down as Maryn heaved a sigh and looked towards him, the gesture filling him with a vague sense of dread. Uh oh... Had he upset her with his behavior? Oh goodness, he certainly hoped he didn’t -- he hadn’t ever seen the woman angry, but somehow he knew that the experience was something to be avoided at all costs.

“You know he wouldn’t give you a free pass on something as big as this boat actually floating.” Garnos’ eyes widened in surprise; he had expected an exasperated declaration, perhaps an admonishment, anything from Maryn but an offer to join her in Edgar’s boat. Despite the fact that the bottom was littered with explosive pyrotechnics, he found himself unable to pass up on offer of being able to stand in the deceased mayor’s favorite possession as it should have been stood in. After a moment’s hesitation, the young man reached out to take her proffered hand and with her aid leaped the gap into the vessel. It creaked and rocked a little, ripples radiating out from the hull as it was jostled by the sudden addition of weight. Garnos clung to Maryn until the rocking stopped.

“Tomorrow I plan to count up the election ballots. So for today we should enjoy the celebration.” Oh. Right. The election… for the new mayor… Garnos felt himself grow numb once more as he released Maryn, and her voice seemed to fade to background noise as she continued speaking. For the past few weeks the young man had subconsciously been holding on to the foolish idea that someday, somehow Edgar would ‘get better’ and return to his desk at the town hall. Vaguely in the background, Garnos heard the words ‘biography’ and ‘write something for it’, to which he just nodded wordlessly. Maryn coming in daily to fill in for the older man could not deter the fruitless hope, and even seeing the man being lowered into the ground did not quite hit home for Garnos. However, now that they were actually taking steps to replace the man...

“... The new name for the inn will be Hotel Weiss…” Wait what? The inn is going to become a hotel? ”Th-that sounds… amazin’, Maryn.” Garnos looked at the woman with a mixture of awe and admiration, then glanced away with a pained expression.

”... It’s a shame Edgar didn’t get to see this,” he said softly, gesturing lamely towards the boat. ”T’see his boat… on water…” He took a deep, shaky breath to keep his composure. ”Y’know… floatin’ on water, not sand.” Just then, a familiar voice spoke up, and Garnos looked back in surprise to see it was Anthony. Memories of how he was during the occupation, his betrayal, his actions afterwards, his daughter... memory after memory flooded the young man's mind, rendering him mute and unresponsive. Fortunately, Maryn was on the ball, and she rose from her seat to speak to the pink-haired man. Silently Garnos listened as Anthony pleaded with Maryn about Cleo: his daughter had been in a depressed funk, and maybe getting to ride on the boat would help her. Of course the fact that they would be setting of fireworks was a topic of concern for the father, but it was quickly compromised for and Anthony left to retrieve his daughter.

It had been a while since Garnos saw the girl after her last excursion to the town hall by herself. Her expression still carried the frown that Edgar's death imprinted on her face, though it seemed significantly muted by the bright and curious light in her eyes. Despite himself, Garnos felt a smile coming to his face as he looked down at her, and together with Maryn he helped the girl and her burdens into the boat. Quickly he found a seat and gestured for Cleo to join him.

"Do you need help carryin' all of that?" he asked, holding out his hands towards her lest she drop something or stumble and fall. "If not, I'll cover your ears for ya; the fireworks are gonna be loud!" Just them, another voice piped up, and Garnos looked over to see it was Matt. Unconsciously, he quickly pulled the sleeves of the coat Poppet gave him lower over his arms as if to hide his bandages.

"I th-think we have everythin' covered...?" Garnos looked towards Maryn questioningly. The whole event she was setting up was her idea anyway -- he honestly didn't know what to expect besides fireworks.

Company: Maryn, Cleo, Anthony, Matt (Harvest God, Ethne, Sylvia)
    Feeling: Curious

Merlin the Mage

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Location / / Lake tab tab Company / / Garnos, Matt, Cleo tab tab Mood / / Pateint tab tab Thoughts / / ...

ɪ ϵɴȷɵү ϻү ȿϻạʟʟ ғʀϵϵĐɵϻȿ.

I am free to rule over the inn however I please.

⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰

When Garnos spoke of Edgar's absence being unfortunate, Maryn only managed to muster a nod, attention soon called away by an onslaught of people. As baseless as her wrath with Anthony was and as much as Edgar wouldn't have faulted him for keeping his youngsters safe, Maryn couldn't make her spirit budge. Even when they were begin forced out the man hadn't raised so much as a finger to help. He only aided the enemy over and over. Masking her displeasure from her voice, her discussion with Anthony was short. Cleo missed the late mayor. She'd been like a niece to Edgar. Agreeing to let the young girl on the boat, she took her from Anthony. Cleo hadn't made the choice to obey.

The brunette managed to set the child on the bench beside Garnos just as Matt approached. Her eyes widened a bit, surprised by the familiar face. Placing a finger to her lips, she considered his offer, Garnos' gaze bringing added attention to her decision. "I suppose it would be helpful to have someone a bit more seasoned with labor to row the boat to the middle of the lake." Her eyes lit up as she smiled at Matt. She wasn't suited for rowing and entire boat and she couldn't bring herself to make Garnos do it either.

"Garnos can hold on to Cleo while I set off fireworks then. I would never risk anyone else getting singed." She managed to line the fireworks so that they were mounted on the outside of the boat, preventing sparks from falling on their feet. It made them more difficult to light though. She made way for Matt to get on the boat in the event he agreed. Kneeling by Cleo and Garnos, she smiled at the young girl. "That's a nice little boat you have there." She'd had years of practice at hiding what she felt. Being on Edgar's boat without him, celebrating his favorite festival without him...It crushed her heart. But she smiled anyways. Quietly trying to urge people to have fun was the msot she could do. Edgar wouldn't have wanted the town to stay sad forever. He'd want people to keep having fun and continue on.

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I am free to leave the inn when it suits me.

вυτ ɪ ωɪʟʟ ɴϵѵϵʀ τʀυʟү вϵ ғʀϵϵ.

The Musical Gerudo

Mistress Orion

Kathryn Anon

User Image / / / / User Image / / / / User Image

Friendly Friend

User ImageUser Image[indent]Location : Lakeside (ZAMIA)[indent]Company : Harvest God, Sylvia (Anthony, Cleo, Estelle, Garnos, Maryn, Matt)[indent]

No mystery will ever be solved as easily as asking someone else for the answer, would it? If the world worked like that, then there probably would be nothing of intrigue left to find, and there was nothing fun in that. Instead of disappointment at Sylvia not knowing a thing about the Harvest God, Ethne only felt increased resolve to be the first (and perhaps only) to learn all the details. She watched the dark-haired figure across the lake as she slowly crossed her arms. He wasn’t too far away -- it would take a little while to walk around the bank to get to him, but it wasn’t like he was entirely on the opposite end of the body of water from her.

”Things have just been so weird since the moment I moved to Speranza. Maybe magic is flowing back into this little dust bowl of a town..." Magic? Any thought of paying the mysterious man a visit was momentarily forgotten as Ethne turned to stare at her cousin. Did Sylvia really believe in magic? ”What do you think about all of this?” How curious… how very curious. Ethne’s gaze lingered on Sylvia for a moment before she gave a shrug. Questions about how her cousin came about to believe in an unseen force hidden mostly from the world’s non-magical creatures would have to wait until they had alcohol at the ready; somehow, Ethne was sure there Sylvia would have a host of wild stories for her.

”I have not gathered enough data yet to form a solid hypothesis or even an opinion on the matter,” she replied, allowing her eyes to wander back to the Harvest God. ”I think I will remedy this issue by striking at the core of the matter.” With brisk steps, she began to make her way around the lake towards the god. If she learned anything from finding and speaking with Swallow, it was best to at least attempt to talk to them first before resorting to other methods of obtaining information; the dark-winged man had been surprisingly open about everything towards her. ”Come, if you’d like to accompany me. Otherwise, I will return shortly,” she called over her shoulder while maintaining her fast pace.

With Sylvia in tow, Ethne skirted the small group that had gathered on the shore by the boat, briefly nodding her acknowledgement to them before sweeping past. It appeared at first glance everyone there was piling into the boat, and for a moment, Ethne worried that she should be trying to get in as well. However, another glance at the situation told her otherwise (the bottom of the boat looked fit to blow!) and she presently returned her dark gaze on the Harvest God. He remained as she first saw him on the bank, silent and unmoving, his gaze still turned in the direction of the boat. Was he watching the people on the boat? What for?

”Good afternoon,” Ethne called as she drew nearer, her pace picking up a little to close the remaining gap between her and her target. ”A fine day for a festival, is it not?” Halting a few paces away, Ethne allowed her a quiet moment to take in the man now that she could see him up close. He was much taller than she anticipated, and his form seemed to loom over her and her cousin. His dark hair was long and thick, and his pale skin and red eyes were very much like another man’s that she knew, especially the piercing, calculating way he seemed to gaze now upon her. The sensation of being the target of his attention felt like being placed under the crosshairs of a gun, and it made the hairs on the nape of Ethne’s neck stand on end. Determined not to be intimidated into a mumbling mess, she cut straight to the point.

”I have heard talk around town that you are the Harvest God. Is this true?” Great start; questioning a magical being’s existence and credibility. Really, beautiful form there… or at least that’s what Ethne’s conscious would be saying if it had any more sense of tact than she did. As it stood, she found no fault in her approach. ”If so, what does that mean for us? Why should that be important to us?”

Mistress Orion

Merlin the Mage

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

14,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
User ImageUser Image

l o c a t i o n bank of the lake c o m p a n y Ethne & Harvest God m o o d curious and slightly intimidated o u t f i t today's duds t a v e r n downstairs/upstairs v o i c e

xxxxx Hey, take a seat doll.

Ethne seemed to contemplate what she said for a moment. ”I have not gathered enough data yet to form a solid hypothesis or even an opinion on the matter. I think I will remedy this issue by striking at the core of the matter.” Silver chuckled lightly. Just as she expected her cousin to answer. The little bookworm was very curious and needed the answers. Now. There was no persuading her once she set her mind on something either. Ethne turned and quickly started making her way towards the mysterious figure in the distance. She barely stopped to invite Silver along. ”Come, if you’d like to accompany me. Otherwise, I will return shortly,” She didn't have anything else to do at the moment, so she figured the walk would be good for her. Face palming for a second, she sighed in an amused way and followed the determined woman.

Once they were actually near the Harvest God, he actually was quite tall. Even Silver felt a little intimidated by his height and icy stare. She wasn't sure what to say, so she stayed silent and let her cousin seek the answers she came all the way over here for. She stood a little to the side and behind her cousin. Maybe as moral support? Hell, she didn't even know. Either way, she was kind of curious too.

Ethne started with small talk but then ended up bluntly asking the man about his rumored status. She sighed in slight exasperation. Straight to the point, that one. Placing a hand on Ethne's shoulder momentarily, she walked over to her side and looked at her and then to the dark-haired man with a sheepish smile. Would this possible god be offended by such direct questioning? Silver wasn't sure, but she felt a little nervous about testing that outcome. She cleared her throat and said her two cents' worth. "Um, w-we just want some answers to..to what's going on? She didn't mean any disrespect..."

User Image

OOC

The musical Gerudo

la la la~

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image

I, the mighty God, may be found by the lake near Ethne and Sylvia.

The deity had quietly resigned himself to this sworn duty, indifferent whether or not that was interrupted. More crossed over to the boat and the vessel seemed quite steady. The level of danger plummeted...for the time being. He'd heard mention of fireworks, from the small boat. That boasted it's own risks. Heaving a sigh, he leaned back against a nearby tree, realizing his presence would still be necessary. It wasn't long before two black-haired women approached him.The god seemed to consider them both while Ethne spoke.

"Ethne." A long pause. "Sylvia." The names of each and every towns person floated in his head. Knowledge from the collective consciousness that had spawned him. Their inquiry was enough to bring a small smile to his lips. As appalling a question as it was, it gave him the chance to do something along the lines of showing off. What purpose was there to being a god if one could not boast their own abilities? Vanishing from sight for a moment, he reappeared above Ethne and Silver, floating cross-legged and upside down in the air.

"I am, by your human definition, a god. Where this Harvest portion has arisen from...I am unaware." He vanished once more and appeared standing behind them. "My purpose is exactly as you," he motioned to the people on the lake and then to both girls, "willed it. I am to keep enemies out and keep the residents safe." He seemingly teleported once more, back to his original position. Brushing long fingers through his hair, he allowed his eyes to close.

Their questions had been sufficiently answered. He thought back on to each question and his eyes shot open again. "Is it a nice day for a festival? That is not knowledge I inherited." He knew everyone's names and the language and the layout of the town. The god had an internal sensor for what they called danger. Their traditions and preferences weren't something he knew. "Shall I change the weather?"

Even so, I am appalled.

Mistress Orion

The musical Gerudo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out