Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Member 100
User Image
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx⇣* there are so many ❶ ❷ ❸ xxxxreasons
      xxxxxxxxx • ━━━━I'M NEVER GOING ✕✕ TO GET ENOUGH
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIF xxx YOU xxx SHOULD xxx LEAVE xxx THIS xxx COUNTRY xxx xxx YOU xxxKNOW xxx I'LL xxx COME xxx TO xxx YOU
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIF xxx YOU xxx SHOULD xxx LEAVE xxx THIS xxx COUNTRY xxx xxx YOU xxxKNOW xxx I'LL xxx COME xxx TO xxx YOU
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx░░░░░ Because you always `❤》xx ( love me )

xxxJOURNAL xxxxxxx OUTFIT xxxxxxx LAKE xxxxxxx CLEO, MARYN, GARNOS, ESTELLE, && MATT >> ESTELLE
                                    User Image

Anthony sighed quietly, watching as Maryn and Garnos helped Cleo up onto the boat. Was he making the right decision? What if something happened? If Cleo was frightened, or got hurt? He would be far away, on shore, unable to do anything to help. He trusted Garnos and Maryn greatly, but the cold look in her eyes… Anthony’s gaze turned down towards the ground as he gently placed his hand behind Estelle’s neck, aiming to find a place to watch close to the shore. He looked up quickly, the fleetingly painful expression on his face from Maryn’s cold tone and body language quickly covered with a barely veiling smile.
                                    “Oh, Mr. Craig,” Anthony noted, forcing a somewhat friendly tone. “It’s great to see that you’re alright. The girls are in good health, thank you for asking.”

As Maryn quickly pulled Matt’s attention towards more practical matters, Anthony took the opportunity to escape with his niece. He lead her towards the shore, laying out a blanket and offering Estelle a seat before settling down himself.
                                    “I’m sorry you couldn’t go on the boat, Estelle,” he noted, turning his eyes down towards the young girl. “I’m honestly not sure if you wanted to… but this is something that your cousin needs right now. You’re a good girl; I’m sure you’ve noticed that she’s been hurting. After we get home you can have a treat for being such a good sport, alright? I really appreciate that.

“You know, thank you Estelle. You’ve been a great help with Cleo, and you’ve been wonderful considering everything. I’m very, very proud of you, and I know your mother would be too,”
                                    he reached out and gave her a comforting squeeze on the shoulder. “It must have been very hard for you, too. If you need anything, you can ask me sweetie. You’re my daughter now, too, and I love you very, very much. It must have been scary… so if I can help with anything…” he let out a slow sigh, taking a moment to cover the upper half of his face with his other hand. He let out a slow, trembling sigh, and managed to reign in his emotions, pushing the again pained expression away and offering his niece a subtle smile. “Sorry, Estelle. I’m still learning, too — lets learn together, okay? Every day, you and Cleo are teaching me new things.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♛!◟___________the mailman²

Mistress Orion
                                    Merlin The Mage
                                    The musical Gerudo

Friendly Friend

User ImageUser Image
                                                      Location : Lakeside (ZAMIA)[indent]Company : None (Anthony, Cleo, Estelle, Ethne, Eyra, Garnos, Harvest God, Matt, Maryn, Sylvia)

Once out of the house and out of Nadya's sight, Roi made a beeline for the nearest clump of vegetation. Within the cover of a tree's and bush's leaves and branches he spent a few pale-faced minutes regaining his composure, retching every now and again. The immense conflict that roiled within was enough to quite literally make the man sick to his stomach; never before had he made such strong attempts at leaving the woman he loved behind as nothing more than a memory, and her memory certainly was not having any of it.

'How dare you insult my memory like that, and with such a following of brainless bimbos--'

"Ye left me," he mumbled into his hand pathetically, the other propping himself up against the tree. Her scathing voice was so clear in his head he nearly glanced around to look for her. "What am I supposed to do?"

'Typical. You've never had much faith in me, have you?'

Besieged by the volatile mix of immense guilt, anger, and desperation, Roi promptly spilled Nadya's cooking onto the ground. Despite the unpleasantness of the experience, it seemed to serve to clear the redhead's mind a little. Coughing and trembling a little from the violent upheaval, he wiped his mouth with the back of a hand. That was hardly fair of her to say; had he not given her nothing but his unwavering fealty? Had he not proven his devotion to her before and after they tied the knot?

It was all a lie, just a forced act, a scene where you played nothing more than the fool...

Gritting his teeth, Roi forced himself on his feet and away from the tree and bush. "Love's a two way street, lass, and I know people here that would gladly meet me halfway." Silence followed his bitter declaration... sweet, wonderful silence. Christine, Adriane, Nadya... They were all willing to do more that she had ever done, after all. With renewed confidence in his decision to make steps away from her oppressive memory and towards a seemingly brighter future, Roi began the walk towards the lake to attend the boat festival, stopping only to clean up in the restaurant's bathroom.

* * * * * A small walk later... * * * * *

Quite a crowd had formed at the lake's side by the time Roi showed up, and for a brief moment he feared that he had missed whatever Maryn had planned. However, he quickly scoped out Maryn and a few others on the boat in the lake, and from the looks of things they were still setting up. Two dark-haired women, one of which could guess to be Sylvia were speaking to a tall dark-haired man he had never seen before. Anthony was seated on a blanket with Estelle, a scene that Roi stared at for a moment before spotting Cleo on the boat. Ah... the poor wee lassie.

Seeing that the young father was engaged in a rather close conversation with his niece, Roi decided against approaching him for the time being -- the man had decided to put his family before his friends and home, after all, and as far as he knew no one in town was giving him a particularly easy time for it. Instead, he moved to join a short brunette woman who was standing separate from the others. She was Eyra, right? Man, Roi had not seen her in what felt like forever.

"Hey," he greeted, tucking his hands in into his pockets as he stood by her. "Long time no see, eh? How have you been--" The dark-haired on the distant bank caught Roi's eye then. Rendered silent by shock, he watched man with something akin to alarm and concern as the distant figure blinked in and out of existence repeatedly. What in the world was going on over there? Who was that guy? "Er... sorry, that -- that man over there," Pointed towards him as he gave Eyra a bewildered look. "Did ye see that? Who is he? I have nae seen him before."

OOC : I totally forgot Eyra was there, so I decided to revise my post a bit for that

Kathryn Anon

Merlin the Mage

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

14,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
User Image

User Image

Estelle smiled as she felt her uncle's gentle touch on the back of her neck. The tension was pretty thick between Miss Maryn and Anthony right now, so the gesture was very reassuring to say the least. The rancher's brother, Matthew came in at a good time and inquired about the family. After her adoptive father responded, she gave a quick nod and smiled in response. She was raised to have the utmost manners, even if she couldn't speak. Having a break in eye contact with the inn owner was a good moment for Anthony to sneak off with Estelle. She followed closely behind so there wasn't a chance of being delayed.

Waiting patiently for the blanket to be laid down, the platinum blonde stood and smiled as she watched her uncle. He was trying so hard to be the glue to hold this family together on his own. She knew how stressful it had been on him. She was an entire other person to the household. He sacrificed his own dignity to make sure the two girls had been cared for during the occupation of the town. Many didn't understand his choices. Estelle was old enough to understand to some degree that it was a sacrifice on his part. She couldn't have asked for a better adoptive father.

“I’m sorry you couldn't go on the boat, Estelle, I’m honestly not sure if you wanted to… but this is something that your cousin needs right now. You’re a good girl; I’m sure you’ve noticed that she’s been hurting. After we get home you can have a treat for being such a good sport, alright? I really appreciate that.” The young girl turned to him and clung to his arm with a slightly worried expression on her face. She shook her head no and then let go to sign to the distressed parent. It's okay. I wanted to watch from here.

“You know, thank you Estelle. You've been a great help with Cleo, and you've been wonderful considering everything. I’m very, very proud of you, and I know your mother would be too. It must have been very hard for you, too. If you need anything, you can ask me sweetie. You’re my daughter now, too, and I love you very, very much. It must have been scary… so if I can help with anything…” Estelle just watched in sadness as Anthony tried his best to keep a stiff upper lip about the whole situation. She wished she could reassure him it would be okay, but just letting him get some of these feelings out would help more than anything she could "say" to him right now. “Sorry, Estelle. I’m still learning, too — lets learn together, okay? Every day, you and Cleo are teaching me new things.” Estelle smiled brightly and nodded in agreement. You are a great daddy and we love you very much too! She looped her arm into his again and leaned her head against his upper arm. She was really looking forward to the fireworks display tonight.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
LOCATION sitting near boat | COMPANY Ant | MOOD bittersweet feelings | OUTFIT
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

OOC
i've been MIA lately. x_x
Kathryn Anon

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User Image
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx⇣* there are so many ❶ ❷ ❸ xxxxreasons
      xxxxxxxxx • ━━━━I'M NEVER GOING ✕✕ TO GET ENOUGH
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx░░░░░ Because you always `❤》xx ( love me )

xxxJOURNAL xxxxxxx OUTFIT xxxxxxx LAKE xxxxxxx ESTELLE
                                    User Image

Anthony smiled down on Estelle nodding his head slightly in understanding, smiling tiredly at her. Despite her assurances, he wasn’t entirely sure. Estelle, like Cleo, was a quiet, good natured child; she was not the sort to cause a fuss or throw a tantrum over not getting her way. She gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze, turning his eyes out towards the water again.
                                    “Don’t worry,” he mumbled quietly. “Things will get better.” His voice was soft, his eyes distracted and distant; it almost seemed like he was trying to comfort himself, as opposed to his daughter.

Anthony was, admittedly, a little surprised by Estelle’s affirmation, but he smiled subtly and nodded his head, signing a thank you before she latched onto his arm. He let out another slow, controlled sigh, turning his eyes back out towards the water. He tensed, spying Cleo half hanging out of the boat — he thought immediately that she was trying to jump out, but as soon as he spied the toy boat and her beloved stuffed cat, floating awkwardly away from the actual boat, his expression fell. It was so, so painful for him that he couldn’t do anything. He could only watch as his flesh and blood struggled to cope with a death he doubted she even understood. That was one of the most painful things, and it only affirmed one of his greatest fears.
                                    “You think you can raise a daughter? We’ll walk into that court, and by the time we walk out I’ll make sure that you’ll never be able to see her again. It’s better if we just settle this ourselves… right?” He closed his eyes, grimacing a little, feeling immediately sick.

You’re being unfair, Anthony, he thought to himself, closing his eyes to try to quell the unease that rose in him. You know she would have abandoned the children to try to just take care of herself — nobody could possibly blame you for protecting Cleo and Estelle… He let out a breath he hadn’t realized he’d started holding, but practically withered when he opened his eyes and stared out towards the boat. He could practically hear her mocking him — She blames you, doesn’t she? Are you sure you made the right decision? You’ve always been the type who—” Enough. He coughed a little, smiling unreassuringly down towards Estelle.
                                    “Are you hungry, Estelle? I packed sandwiches and treats; would you like something?”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♛!◟___________the mailman²

Mistress Orion

Friendly Friend

User ImageUser Image[indent]Location : Lakeside (ZAMIA)[indent]Company : Harvest God, Sylvia (Anthony, Cleo, Estelle, Eyra, Garnos, Maryn, Matt, Roi)[indent]

‘She didn’t mean disrespect’? Was she being disrespectful? Ethne gave her cousin a quizzical look before returning her attention to the taller man. What kind of respect was she supposed to be showing this man? There was no point in supplicating to a complete stranger based on loose rumors that he may be of a higher power -- that would be ridiculous! Despite however rude Sylvia perceived Ethne to have been, he didn’t seem remotely bothered by her questions -- or how she posed them.

”Ethne. Sylvia.” Ethne frowned a little and glanced towards the shorter woman. How did this man know their names? Neither of them had seen or met him before. He actually smiled then, and before she could finished any thoughts on the expression he had disappeared into thin air. His voice as he continued speaking alerted Ethne of his impossible position in the air above them, causing the hairs on the back of her neck to stand on end. He did not remain there long before he disappeared and reappeared behind the women, and in another blink of an eye he was in front of them again.

Clearly this man had to be of a similar nature to Swallow to pull such impossible stunts -- Swallow could jump into the night sky to fly amongst the stars. Stiffly, she stepped a little to the side as to avoid being crushed should the man suddenly fall out of the sky; while the black-winged man had proven his magical prowess in the time she spent with him, this stranger had not quite convinced her of anything yet. In fact, she was still skeptical of his declared status as a god. In history, there were mortal men who made that same claim, pulling the wool over an entire nation’s worth of people. He even went as far to claim that she and the others had willed him into existence to protect them; where was he when a small group of the townsfolk returned with troops from other nations to liberate them? Certainly no where to be found.

”I don’t see a reason to change the weather for a festival when it’s suitable as it is now,” Ethne replied as she crossed her arms, her dark eyes watching the taller man closely. ”But if you say you can change the weather so easily…” She spread her arms wide. ”Make it snow.” After a brief pause, she took a few steps away from Sylvia. ”Wait, we could make this more interesting -- make it snow on Sylvia, but make it rain on me.” While Ethne wasn’t entirely sure that demonstrating control over weather would convince her of the man’s standing as a god, it would definitely prove to be incredibly interesting to see.

Mistress Orion

Merlin the Mage

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Eyra had very much been minding her own business when she was suddenly accosted by Roi. Startled from her giddy pride, she eyed the red-head suspiciously, breathing uneven as she caught her wind. “Hell. It ain’t good manners sneaking up on a gal like that.” She laughed a bit, catching the beginning of his question before his distraction became apparent. Her eyes followed his gawking and settled on the Harvest God. Eyra’s pearly whites gleamed as she grinned. “Ah, that there is the god. I am mighty surprised you haven’t seen him though. He made a pretty big spectacle when he finished shoving those soldiers from the town.” Atlea had taken some heavy casualties of their own and the tide of the battle really only became overwhelming when the god appeared and helped. Though in the thick of it all she could see how someone may have missed it.

“I can vouch that there one is somethin’ special. I hunted him down afterwards and had a good sit down with him. Mostly to ask about the crops, ya know?” Her indifference to whatever display the deity had done was partially due to missing it and partially due to prior exposure to her fiancee’s own feats. Not that the former farm hand had any intention of announcing that her lad went and flew a kite of stars or could spawn giant feather wings. That was definitely a secret she’d take to her grave.

Her focus returned to Roi and it dawned on her that the two never really talked. She avoided the restaurant as if it was stocked full o’ live chickens. The meager wages she’d earned and squandered as a farm hand weren’t anything impressive enough to go doling out extra for fancy restaurant meals. That sorta activity fit a more high class lady like Maryn. Her arms crossed and she rose one eyebrow higher than the other. ”Now what’s all this here business about chattin’ all familiar like? I can’t say we’ve ever really talked all that much.”

“The Musical Gerudo”

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[Indent][Indent][Indent]

LOCATION / / Lake [Indent][Indent]
COMPANY / / Roi [Indent][Indent]
MOOD / / Suspicious [Indent][Indent]
THOUGHTS / / What’s this about? [Indent][Indent]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

14,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
User ImageUser Image

l o c a t i o n under a tree c o m p a n y God and Ethne m o o d sheepish o u t f i t today's duds t a v e r n downstairs/upstairs v o i c e

xxxxx Hey, take a seat doll.

The god rose an eyebrow at Ethne’s request. “Weather does not work that way.” He had power over natural things. He’d helped remove soldiers by manipulating winds, plant growth and other entirely natural things. However two different weather patterns in such a limited space wasn’t natural. It was strange. “It can either rain over the entire area or snow over the entire area. Both at the same time or either over just one person is impossible.”

Silver stared in disbelief. Did she just see what she thought she saw? She was just starting to get used to the idea that there might be magic in the world. This just blew her out of the water though. How was this even possible? It had to be a trick, right? She couldn’t even make out any words and then Ethne cut in quickly. Why did her cousin have to test things like this? Obviously this person had some sort of higher power. Angering him didn’t seem like a wise decision. Then to top it off, Ethne wanted it to snow on them. Well, specifically herself, and rain on her cousin. Of all the weather, she had to pick snow. Silver HATED snow.

Sylvia’s ire at Ethne’s request seemed to go completely unnoticed -- instead, she was tapping a slender finger to her lower lip, a hint of an amused smile on her lips. ”Then we’ll leave the weather be. I don’t intend on ruining Edgar’s memorial with a bit of weather shenanigans for my own sake.” She gestured towards the boat that was floating out into the lake. ”Do you know about Edgar?”

Edgar. The name was not one of a living resident, but his knowledge of residents wasn’t limited by time per se. “The dead one. He died from the soldiers. Before I existed. What about him?” Ethne nodded slowly, then seemed to shrug his question off. ”Just curious if you knew why we were all gathered out here.” Flicking a bit of her hair out of her face, she glanced over to her cousin. ”When do you think Maryn will show us what she’s got planned? Do you have any idea what’s happening tonight?”

The ravenette finally had something to say since the entire “show” by this self proclaimed god. "Uh, I think I saw fireworks on the boat...It was a bit far, so it could’ve been something entirely different." She nervously chuckled. "Whatever it is, I’m sure it’ll be spectacular. Are you plannin’ on stickin’ around for it...er, God?." She mentally face palmed at the title she used. God? Could she sound more idiotic?

He did not smile at Sylvia’s use of his title. ”I manifested here because there are fireworks and a boat. If anyone were to set ablaze or drown I would not be doing my job.”

Silver felt a little sheepish at his direct and serious response. Of course that is what a God would do. A proper one at least. It was a little reassuring though. Knowing that there was some sort of higher power watching over them after all that had happened not too long ago.

User Image

OOC

Merlin The Mage

The musical Gerudo

o3o

Friendly Friend

User ImageUser Image
                                                      Location : Lakeside (ZAMIA)[indent]Company : Eyra (Anthony, Cleo, Estelle, Ethne, Garnos, Harvest God, Matt, Maryn, Sylvia)

Was his presence so menacing that it startled the brunette so? Roi would have given her an amused look if the strange dark-haired man had not distracted him. Unlike the redhead, Eyra seemed perfectly unfazed by the sight of a full-grown man blinking in and out of existence. “Ah, that there is the god.” Such a declaration earned the young woman a stare of surprise. Him, really? A god? Sure there was a church dedicated to some deity, but from what he had gathered from the people working there the land was lacking the presence of such a being. Despite his surprise, Roi was perfectly willing to believe what she was saying -- he had his own experiences with gods and goddesses before. “I am mighty surprised you haven’t seen him though. He made a pretty big spectacle when he finished shoving those soldiers from the town.”

”I’m surprised that ye were able to see it without gettin’ yer head blown off in the crossfire,” he replied mildly, stroking his chin as his gaze shifted from Eyra to the distant figure again. ”I dinnae see much of the fightin’; I was stayin’ low and lettin’ the soldiers have at it.” Sure, the ex-adventurer had his stories and share of fighting, though that had been with sword and shield. The world of war was entirely a different animal from the world of fending off bandits and other such criminals -- military-grade weapons was something that Roi wasn't keen on pitting his skill against. As was such, he had spent the entire conflict out of sight and as far from the battle as possible. Still, what he would have given to see a god at work in a battle…

“I can vouch that there one is somethin’ special. I hunted him down afterwards and had a good sit down with him. Mostly to ask about the crops, ya know?” Roi nodded understandingly; in such an arid region and given her occupation, it only made sense that Eyra would come to a deity with such concerns. Questions about him burned within the redhead -- what was he like? How hard was it to find him? But before he could pose any of these queries to the brunette she was suddenly staring him down, a suspicious expression on her face.

”Now what’s all this here business about chattin’ all familiar like? I can’t say we’ve ever really talked all that much.” Roi looked back at her nonplussed; this was not a reaction to conversation that he encountered very often. ”Well… no, we dinnae talk much.” Did her sudden realization of that change things somehow? ”Is that a problem? We were talkin’ just fine before.”

Merlin the Mage

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Roi pointed out her luck for not getting hit in the cross fire and she laughed. "Oh, well, I just watched from the inn ya know. Since they had most o' us stayin' there anyways and all." She laughed, revealing how carefree she was about the matter. It didn't do a born farm girl too well to dwell on things that were already past. Simple was best left simple. When things happened you acknowledged them and moved on. Not doing just that was what got her in a world of hurt in the first place with the heavy denial and all that.

When Roi posed his question, she clearly had to consider it pretty hard. "I guess it's not a problem. Just weird when I figured you were more close to other people like the rancher. You visited her a lot." Eyra looked around for a moment and frowned. "She ain't here though, huh?" Was there anyone around that she knew Roi knew better than her? Not really.

She scratched the back of her head and stuffed her other hand in her pocket. "Well that makes more sense now." Heaving a sigh, she looked out towards the boat once more. "I am glad the captain is finally getting a proper memorial. I'd probably still be bitter if that jerk who killed him was runnin' free, but I heard Miss Ylaine did him in in." If she were talking about an animal she might drag a finger across her throat in jest, but it didn't seem appropriate when talking about a person. She frowned.

Eyra kicked a pebble towards the water. She'd have expected to be a bit more shaken up, but in light of happy events on her end and working through everything with Xiao present, she didn't feel as burdened about experiencing war. It didn't help that she avoided many of the same hardships some other villagers faced by never getting caught in her sabotage. When they'd suspected her one of the other soldiers took over the crops for a few days and the state they were in just grew worse. They weren't accustomed to growing crops in the town's climate.

Afterwards they pretty much left her alone to work unless she was being escorted to or from the inn."How are you holding up?"

“The Musical Gerudo”

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[Indent][Indent][Indent]

LOCATION / / Lake [Indent][Indent]
COMPANY / / Roi [Indent][Indent]
MOOD / / Friendly [Indent][Indent]
THOUGHTS / / Oh, well, yah... [Indent][Indent]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Cleo settled on the boat awkwardly, staying very close to Uncle Garnos and practically running across the deck to sit next to him, only stopping when she nearly lost one of per parcels, and only stopping long enough to readjust her grip to make sure she had everything.When she finally climbed up next to Uncle Garnos (with some difficulty) she sat pressed against the man, keeping her eyes down. When Auntie Maryn spoke to her, she nodded her head without a smile, eyes trained on the wooden boat as her fingers ran over the bumps. She normally would have proudly exclaimed ‘Daddy got it for me!’, but she couldn’t bring herself to say that much, or even a thank-you. As the adults became distracted by… well, whatever adult things they needed to do on a boat, Cleo moved closer to Uncle Garnos; reaching for his sleeve, she tugged to try to grab his attention. At first, he seemed too distracted by the other adults to notice, but upon the second tug he glanced down at her.

”Huh?” Garnos blinked owlishly at her. ”What’s wrong?”

Cleo pointed towards the boat in her lap, the letter she’d written half crammed into one of the openings in the ‘deck’. How was she supposed to express it clearly? That she wanted help putting it in the water?
“For… Cap’an...” she finally muttered, turning her eyes down; her voice was quiet and scratchy from having barely been used over the past season. The young man’s face fell a little, and he reached for the little gift. ”You want me to give it to ‘im?” he asked a little uncertainly. Cleo shook her head ‘no’ and gestured over towards the edge of the boat. The boat was supposed to go in the water. She’d sail it out to the Captain, who was obviously hiding in the lake, and maybe he’d come back and play with her again. Looking at the boat then the girl again, Garnos wordlessly nodded and, leaning over the edge of the boat, set the little thing carefully into the water.

Cleo lurched over towards the edge of the boat, half sprawled across Uncle Garnos’ lap to try to see the boat as he placed it in the water. Suddenly she turned around and grabbed Bunbun, carefully holding it out over the floating toy before letting the stuffy drop. The stuffed cat sloppily landed on top of the smaller boat, which tipped a little but righted itself. She watched the toys anxiously, eyes trained on them as if her Captain would magically appear out of the water to come and play with them. When it became clear that wasn’t happening, she became sullen and slowly moved back towards her seat, clinging onto Garnos’ arm and ignoring the toys and her failed plan. The young man leaned over the edge a little to watch the childish offering slowly bobbing away from the boat. He frowned a little and turned back towards the girl clinging on his arm -- her disappointment in the whole thing was very apparent to him.

”Do you want me to get it back?” Cleo sadly shook her head, burying her face into his arm before shaking her head again. “For Cap’an...” she whimpered quietly, clutching his sleeve in her little hands. Wordlessly, Garnos gently pried her off before leaning over the edge of the boat towards the little floating toy; despite Cleo’s clear proclamation of who the gift was for, he seemed intent on retrieving it. Cleo let out a distressed cry, latching onto Garnos’ shirt as she tried to pull him back into the boat, properly. No, that’s not his! He can’t touch it!

Maryn had been arranging the fuses for the fireworks until Garnos leaned back out of the boat to retrieve the toy. Cleo’s cry got her attention and she took hold of the back of Garnos’s collar and gave it a light tug, but the young man resisted -- he was so close! He could feel his fingertips brushing against the stuffed cat’s ‘fur’! Taking a deep breath, Garnos lurched forward, the boat tilting under the uneven weight distribution -- and promptly depositing the young man in the water. His fingers closed around Bunbun and immediately his fist shot upward as if to keep the thing dry while the rest of him went under.

Garnos’s shirt slipped from her fingers when he fell forward and Maryn gasped, eyes widening. “GARNOS!” Her knees rested on the boat’s bench and her hands gripped the edge as she looked over the edge, not seeing his head come back. She couldn’t swim either. Biting her lip, she looked back at Matt frantically.

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image

I, the mighty God, may be found above the lake near Garnos.

Ethne and Sylvia has stolen the god's focus, but Maryn's shrill scream pulled it straight back to the lake. One of the humans had fallen into the water. Lunging forward, he appeared for a moment as if he broke into a run before blinking out of existence and reappearing by the boat above the lake's water. His bare toes grazed the surface and he cupped one hand in front of him, pulling it up slowly. The water in the lake heaved, the edges dipping in and pushing in to where Garnos had sunk. Slowly, the water at the focal point began to rise, pushing up with Garnos trapped within.

With his free hand, the god beckoned from the side and a gust of wind wrapped around the boy, keeping him in the air as the god allowed the water to fall away. Continuing to keep the wind spinning, he looked down at the boat. Despite his manipulation of the water the vessel was still right side up. Moving the wind slowly, he deposited a sopping wet Garnos on the floor of the boat. "Is he all right?" His voice boomed and his arms crossed.

His gaze fell to the stuffed animal in Garnos' hand. The boat Cleo had cast off hadn't fared as well as the actual vessel. It had been pulled hard by the water and was floating a ways off upside down.

Even so, I am relieved.

Mistress Orion

Kathryn Anon

The musical Gerudo

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

14,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
User Image
User Image

LOCATION Edgar's boat | COMPANY Maryn, Garnos, Cleo | MOOD astonished
                                                xxxxxxxx User Image|User Image|User Image|User Image|User Image|User Image

Maryn's sudden departure caught Matt's attention and his gaze quickly followed her. She reached out for Garnos just as he fell in. She looked at the blonde, distress very apparent in her blue eyes. Matt jumped up and quickly made his way to the edge of the vessel. He looked down into the water to try and locate where the secretary had fallen in so he wouldn't land on top of the poor guy's head. As he was going to jump in and bring the boy back up, the sudden appearance of a dark-haired man magically levitating above the water's surface stopped him dead in his tracks. He would have been embarrassed if he had known what his face looked like at this moment, but no one was paying attention to anything but the God rescuing Garnos from an early grave.

The tall man deposited Garnos back onto the boat after he performed various magical feats. If the entity hadn't just saved the male brunette, Matt would have assumed the worst from the sound of the powerful voice leaving the man's mouth. You could tell there was general concern there though.

After the initial shock fell away, Matt made his way to Garnos to check on him. Giving a pat on his back, he looked back up to the God. "I think he'll be fine now...Thank you..." He stood and offered a hand out to the soaked secretary.

OOC

boop

Merlin The Mage

The musical Gerudo

Friendly Friend

User Image

Garnos Sparrow

└─────────────────────┘

The few moments following Garnos’ undignified dive into the water passed by in a panicked blur. Having never set foot in a body of water larger than a grimy tub in his life, the young man never learned how to swim, much less experience such a cold, muted world under the surface. How the water chilled him to the bone! Shocked, Garnos exhaled, then immediately tried to inhale the water filling his nose and mouth. The painful experience prompted him to begin flailing ineffectively, bubbles swirling all around him as he coughed, his fingertips brushing against the hull of the boat. Which way was up? Was Bunbun still above the surface in his hand, or had he somehow flipped over? Gods, it hurt to open his eyes under water! Terribly disoriented, panic was beginning to overwhelm his senses when the lake suddenly heaved him out. Wind whipped his wet hair about his face and snatched at the soaked, loose ends of his clothes, the air chilling him even further to the bone as it gradually evaporated the water from his body.

Profound confusion dominated the young man’s mind -- was this what drowning felt like? Why was it so windy? Was he still in the water? What was going on? Gods, it still hurt to open his eyes even now with how strong the wind was! Questions continued to swirl about in the young man's head as he struggled to make sense of what was happening. Why couldn’t he have just left it alone? Why did he feel so strongly compelled to retrieve Bunbun? Coughing feebly and unable to fight free from the rapidly swirling air, Garnos hugged the toy close and gave himself up for dead… until a small drop to the bottom of the boat jolted him back to his senses.

”Oof!” Painfully, Garnos rolled over and coughed and wheezed, struggling to replace the water in his lungs with sweet, sweet air. Vaguely, he heard an unfamiliar voice boom, and Matt’s blurred silhouette approached. While the adults floundered to check on Garnos, Cleo threw herself at his chest, letting out a loud wail as she clung to his soaking shirt with one hand -- smacking him with a her other small fist. “Dun’go!” the little pinkette cried, continuing to beat on his chest. “Dun’go ‘oo!” What was this girl trying to do, kill him!? If her actions did not do him in, her pathetic cries would; the brunette felt his chest tighten a little at her words. She seemed to understand that Edgar ‘went away’, so why was she so insistent on giving him all her toys?

You were doing the same thing before, remember? Repeatedly pushing the little girl away, Garnos gradually recovered his breath until he was lying limp on the boat, quietly panting. Yes… he had done much the same thing after Edgar had gone. Unlike the others that carried on, rebuilding and living their lives, he had become a shut-in, practically useless to the very town that Edgar worked so hard to nurture and grow. Maryn had helped him out of that funk at the very least, but at what cost? Garnos had turned his back on the people who loved Edgar and whom Edgar loved! The young man’s subconscious seemed to realize this upon seeing Cleo’s beloved toy drifting off, prompting him to try to retrieve it. Now, the realization dawn on his conscious mind, and as much as he wanted to just lie there for the rest of the evening burning up in his shame, Garnos knew there were matters he had to attend to. He took Matt’s offered hand to pull himself into a half-sitting, half-leaning-on-his-arm position and looked at Cleo.

”C-Cleo… y-y-your f-fiance.” Mustering his slowly recovering strength, Garnos lifted the stuffed animal towards her. ”H-h-he was v-very sad you let h-him go... You sh-shouldn’t abandon people that l-love you for s-s-someone that is no l-longer here,” he managed to make out, his voice a little hoarse from his near-drowning experience. It took the young man several weeks and a terrifying, near-death experience to fully realize the fact for himself, though he hoped Cleo wouldn’t have to go through the same experiences to come to the same conclusion. His hazel eyes shifted towards the dark-haired man he had seen on the distant bank (goodness he seemed to shoot up towards the sky up close!), then to Matt and Maryn, confusion apparent on his features. ”Wh-what happened…? Did y-you pull me out?”

Company: Maryn, Cleo, Matt, Harvest God (Anthony, Estelle, Ethne, Eyra, Roi, Sylvia)
    Feeling: Winded, resolute, confused

Merlin the Mage

Mistress Orion

Kathryn Anon

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Location / / Lake tab tab Company / / Garnos, Matt, Cleo, God (Ethne, Sylvia, Roi, Eyra, Anthony, Estelle) tab tab Mood / / Peaceful tab tab Thoughts / / ...

ɪ ϵɴȷɵү ϻү ȿϻạʟʟ ғʀϵϵĐɵϻȿ.

I am free to rule over the inn however I please.

⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰

Stunned at what she had witnessed, the inn proprietress nodded at the god with a dumbfounded look on her face. While she recovered her bearings, arnos made a small speech to Cleo that brought a faint smile to her lips. She was delighted that he was alive. Kneeling down, she threw her arms around Garnos from behind and heaved a sigh of relief. “Thank goodness you are all right.” She released him after a moment and took the opportunity to pat Cleo atop the head. Edgar’s protege then addressed the god who remained floating just above the water. The black-haired man had pulled his legs up to sit cross-legged in the air.

The god eyed Garnos when he was addressed. “I had the water raise you out and the wind place you back on this floating contraption.” One leg unfolded and reached out to touch the boat. He vanished and appeared again on the boat’s bench. “With that matter aside, I was aware that there would be fireworks. I wish very much to see these for myself.” He could muster images from the memories stored within a multitude of residents, but seeing things himself was far more amusing.

Maryn, still awed by the entire display, managed a small nod. “Yes.” She shuddered. “Let’s get this started.” Enough light had at last faded from the sky to light the fireworks. She reached for the lighter shakily, closing her hand around it. The shock of Garnos falling into the lake still lingered. “For Edgar.” Her voice was just a whisper. Stepping her way over to the start of the fuses carefully, she began to light them in the predetermined order.

Before long the small rockets whizzed overhead and burst with a loud bang into a shower of colored sparks, lighting up the darkened night sky. The sight was dazzling and, when Maryn glanced up between lighting new fuses, she felt as though the lights pushed some of the grief from her heart. She wouldn’t make the same mistake she did with leena. She’d honor Edgar properly, not put her life on hold.

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I am free to leave the inn when it suits me.

вυτ ɪ ωɪʟʟ ɴϵѵϵʀ τʀυʟү вϵ ғʀϵϵ.

The Musical Gerudo

Mistress Orion

Kathryn Anon

User Image / / / / User Image / / / / User Image

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers