Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Friend

Roi ¤ MacAoidh
                                                      ¥ Restaurant Cook ¥
                                                ════════════════════════════════
User Image

"N-no. I had been planning to spend some time with Rowena." Ah, so she had come out here to find Rowena? Then, what was Rowena doing out here? "I'd just come to check on some supplies for Maryanne. She's not feelin' too spiffy today, and we might not open, so she wanted me to make sure we can go at full-throttle tomorrow." Perfectly understandable; the Heart Day event had run very late the previous night, and a day off was actually sounding very attractive right now after all that had happened then and just now. As Rowena spaced off for a bit thinking about her task at hand, Ylaine spoke up again in the background, her voice quieter.

"W-was it because of...me?" Roi wasn’t quite sure how to answer that question. While he didn’t enjoy Rando’s tactics in ‘protecting’ his sister, it would be foolish to ignore his warnings considering the lengths he went to make a point. As the redhead watched Ylaine, everything that was remotely ‘off’ about the girl was suddenly and glaringly obvious: the lack of emotion in her question, even if her voice was quieter, the impassive expression she had when she had first arrived and even now, the strange smile from earlier. Perhaps there was some truth behind all the aggression and foul language and cold glares…

"Rowena, you don't have to worry about me. I'm just glad you two are all right." Had Ylaine’s words always felt so hollow...? "I think it might be best if I spend the rest of the day alone..."

"W-wait, Ylaine! That guy could've gotten away somehow or he could have buddies or something! You should stick with me--" Roi watched with an expression of amusement and confusion as the brunette broke off, walking in uncertain circles with her train of thought for a moment before coming to a decision. "Alright! Ylaine, I've gotta go make a report to our lovely sheriff and Maryanne. So how about I meet up with you after? And Roi, first off, you need another hug." ”I certainly won’ say ‘nae’ to a hug,” he chuckled as Rowena came over and wrapped her arms around his torso. The hug felt a little silly now that they were standing up given their height difference, but it was appreciated all the same. He ruffled her hair as she broke off and resumed her circling, gesturing confidently in the air as she spoke. "I'm not tall enough to reach some of the stuff in the kitchen and I'm really curious about that character, so maybe you can help me out in both of those cases? But still, I don't want you spending the day alone, Ylaine. So I'll meet up with you when all is said and done. Sound good?"

”A fine plan, Cap’n Rowena. Maryanne’s got a good plan as well; I’m feelin’ ready for a long nap. We'll catch ye later then, Ylaine, if yer fine by these plans.” Roi smiled lightly as he moved to unlock the restaurant door for the both of them. Glancing over, he noticed Ylaine examining the back of her hands for some reason. ”Ye all right there, Ylaine?”

Mistress Orion

Merlin the Mage

════════════════

With: Rowena, Ylaine
                                                At: Restaurant - Outside (CEREUS)
                                                Feeling: Calmer

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

I've been shot up and ъeaten to no end.

I was a man to be ғeared even when I was a slacker.

Now I am only a ϯraitor that had a cause.

Only fragments remain of what I ѡished to protect.

User Image
                                                        User Image

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Vincent wasn't the least bit phased when Adriane grabbed him by the collar and put on a tough face. No emotion. She could think that all she wanted. Adriane was a normal girl. Although he couldn't claim Ylaine had no emotion either. No, Emery had two emotions, amusement and anger. The former took precedence. He'd only seen her actually angry maybe one time. A bit annoyed a few others. Generally she just found everything fun. That was probably why after her memory loss she'd adapted so well to peace and doing things that were supposed to be fun. It wasn't far off from how she'd always felt. The entertainment was just…gentler. Sitting back in the cell he didn't give Adriane another word. There was no need. She knew how full of it she was.

Rowena's words sort of phased through her. Wait? Why would she wait? To feel even more out of palce? She didn't like the sudden familiarity of her calmness and lack of concern in what she knew was supposed to be a stressful situation. It just wasn't quite right, even if it felt that way. Roi's words managed to crack through, almost like an order being barked in the kitchen. "All right? I-I think so." She move one hand in front of her eyes. "See you later, Roi." She pivoted on the foot she'd stepped back with and ran off. "I should be the one asking you that…" She whispered the words to herself as she made a break for the jailhouse. When she caught sight of Adriane, she froze. She'd imagined that the enforcer would have taken Rando to the jailhouse. But she didn't think she'd still be there. Normally she was filled with a sense of dread when confronted with soldiers. A fear stemming from the abuse she'd suffered at the hands of the one who had scopped her off the streets.

That same dread remained, but coupled with another feeling. Evolving from the sense of familiarity with the situation she'd been bombarded with snippets of just minutes ago was a feeling of…enjoyment. No. A desire to play. Adriane seemed more approachable than normal. Her gut almost egged her on to confront the woman. What good would that do? There was no light she could shed on the confusion and contradiction that filled every neural pathway in her head. Sinking behind a nearby tree, she wrapped her legs around her knees. SHe'd have to wait for Adriane to leave. She'd have to hide from Rowena. Her blood continued pumping, fueled by adrenaline. Was she having fun with it? Ylaine almost felt sick, horrorstruck even. She should feel notably distressed, worried, angry. She wasn't angry.

Even knowing that Rando had threatened someone she considered a friend, she wasn't mad at him, not in the same way that she grew aggravated and frustrated with his actions when he tormented her. Rising to her feet once more, she steadied herself, walking right past Adriane as if the soldier was invisible. Her will compelled her to face Rando in the jailhouse. Opening the door, she stepped in and approached the barred cell. Her forehead pressed against the cool metal and her gaze flicked from one edge of the cell to the next before settling on Vincent. He looked back at her and simply smirked. "I don't understand…this." She pointed to her face with both index fingers. Her lips had curled into an amused grin and her eyes almost flared. She could feel how off her expression was from her normal vacancy. In regular situation she could don a genuine and small smile, have fun. Be normal. She'd learned to be normal. Learned. Why had she thought that?

"You best be forgetting it. Just move on and forget about it." Vincent gazed at, no, through her. Eyes cold. "I have no words to say to you when you have that face on. Go back to living your life as you have." The expression that had left her without words faded, replaced by a small frown. She wasn't sad. Despite his cold answer, she only felt nothing. The frown was just as much and enigma as the grin that had placed it before. What could she even say to his response? "Really, Ylaine, just get lost. Go back to that snazzy inn or wherever."

Her head hung and she gave a small nod. "Right." No, it wasn't right, but all the words that bubbled up in her throat weren't her. The venomous retorts, the threats, the yelling, they didn't belong to her anymore than her face or her hair did. She'd go home and dye it back. Ylaine had pink hair. She was happy. Her life had no conflict. It was peaceful. "Please, stay away." Her voice almost cracked as she formed her face into a sort of stalemate between her normal expression and what it had instinctually turned to.

"I know. Not again." Rando turned his head away from her and fell silent once more.

The musical Gerudo

Emu Avian

- Memories_Chained -

[Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent]

ʟɵϲдτɪɵɴ / / Jailhouse
                                                                      ϲɵϻρдɴү / / Rowena & Roi > Vincent
                                                                      ϻɵɵĐ / / Confused
                                                                      τнɵυɢнτȿ / / Right...

[Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent]

ζocation Jailhouse

Ҁompany Ylaine

ɱood Calm

ϯhoughts Leave.

Devoted Lover

User Image
User Image

Theodore Russell Gryffith "Teddy" Teacher Bare your soul for the world to see: Amused Hello, can I help you?: Spitfyre // Rosalia Add this to the map: About Town

As he came across Rosalia and made his way over to her, the blonde arched a brow as she gave a small yet adorable eek of surprise upon coming face to face with Spitfyre. The stallion looked down at her and snorted, shifting on his feet but calming as the man upon his back placed a hand at his neck. "My apologies! Didn't mean to frighten you." Teddy chuckled as he leaned foward, petting his horse on the nose before turning his warm golden eyes towards the young woman, who'd taken a few quick and light steps backwards. From the way she fidgeted and cast nervous glances towards his steed, it was more than obvious to the man that she was rather frightened of the animal. A look of faint amusement crossed over his features before he grinned widely as she responded to his theatrical greeting in kind. As she gave him a curtsy, Teddy's eyes sparkled and he swept into a dramatic bow at the waist, twisting his hand before placing it across his chest and giving her his best performance bow and managing to do so from even atop his horse. Grinning, he made some small talk, mentioning her husband in passing as he moved to dismount from Spitfyre.

Once he'd done so, he'd noticed the tension in Rosalia's body ease just a small amount. It seemed easier for her to speak to him once he was on the ground, even though he was still a fair deal taller than she was as he stood at a height of six feet, three inches. "Mhm, you've a wandering soul. And explorers soul, I call it. Despite owning the jewelers with your husband, you'd rather go out than remain locked inside. Something you and I have in common." He grinned down at his friend, before making a face as she mentioned Adam forging. "Huh. Is Red with him? I bet if she's ever around while Adam's forging, she gets all bossy telling him how to do it correctly." Teddy stated in his deep and warm voice, giving a chuckle at the mental image of Riari drilling Adam on how to use the forge correctly. She was another person he'd met during the week. A fiery little thing, with hair the color to match her spirit.

The man had begun to get lost in thought before Rosalia's voice pulled him out of it. Blinking, he turned his attention to her once more and arched a brow. She'd remembered Spitfyre's name... "I'm impressed. You even got his name right." Teddy stated, giving her a wide smile. If anything, it pleased him because it meant that Rosalia actually listened to him when he told her stories, as opposed to those people that pretended to listen and let words flow through one ear and out the other. Those weren't people that he wanted to spend his time with. If he was going to tell a good story, he wanted an audience that would be rapt with attention, hanging on his every word and eager to hear more. Rosalia was one such person; it was why he enjoyed spending time with her so much. That and she was interesting in her own right, and very, very sweet. "Yeah, the two of us are just out for some exercise. Spitfyre is use to constant travel after all. So being cooped up in a ranch, even if he has free roam, isn't something he's use to. I take him out every day, if only to assure him I haven't forgotten about him." Teddy chuckled, moving to stroke the horse on the neck. Spitfyre gave a whinny and placed his head over Teddy's shoulder, snuffling at the man's hair and causing him to laugh and gently shove the stallion's head aside.

It was then that he extended an invitation for her to join them, and Teddy noticed how she seemed to tense up quickly again. Hearing her reasoning, he scoffed. "Oh, come now! Spitfyre isn't half as frightening as he may seem, and he'd never hurt a flower like you." The blonde stated, releasing Spitfyre's reigns and approaching Rosalia on his own. "Ah, but what sort of knight would I be if I allowed any harm to befall such a beautiful maiden? It would be tragedy of the worst kind, and I would rather be stripped of my knighthood than allow such a thing to pass!" The man stated in response, giving a soft chuckle. As she leapt back as Spitfyre snorted again, Teddy gave another light chuckle, though he didn't want her to grow angry and think that he was laughing at her discomfort. Honestly, he just found it cute. Listening as she thanked them, he smiled down at her as she reached up to ruffle his hair. Normally, he'd think she was flirting but she was married and he would never impose upon anything like that. "The town girls? Let them think what they will; such people will always gossip! Besides, who better to walk beside the "handsome teacher", than the town's lovely gem?" He replied with a smile towards her before giving a shake of her head. "Spitfyre and I have no destination in mind. We were simply walking about."

As Rosalia suddenly glanced around before leaning in close, Teddy blinked and stayed still as she leaned up on tiptoe as if to tell him a secret. Her words caused him to give a loud and bright laugh. "Fair enough, my lady." He grinned to her before giving a light shake of his head and reaching out to take Rose's hand in his own. "But allow me to at least properly introduce you. And I promise you that no harm will befall you while I stand guard. You've nothing to fear from Spitfyre." Very gently, and slowly, he held out his free hand and gave a click of his tongue. Spitfyre walked the short distance over to the man and nuzzled his nose into Teddy's palm. "Okay, boy. We need to show the lady that you mean no harm. And that while you're the greatest stallion to walk the earth, she has nothing to fear." Teddy stroked the horse's nose while he spoke, Spitfyre's ears flickering as he listened to the man. "Spitfyre, this is Lady Rosalia. You should greet her as such." The horse stepped back, his tail flicking before he suddenly lowered himself. His left front leg bent so it rested on the ground, while his right front leg stretched out as he lowered his head. Spitfyre was bowing to her.

The horse soon straightened and stood up again, and Teddy gently squeezed Rose's hand as he turned his gaze to her. "Trust me." He spoke softly before holding out her hand that he held. Spitfyre slowly moved forward and pressed his nose to Rose's palm, as Teddy released her hand so that she was petting the horse on her own. "See? He likes you. There's nothing to be afraid of." The man gave her a bright smile, moving to cross his arms over his chest as he watched. "Are you sure you wouldn't like some company, Rose?"

That Girl Called Suki

Devoted Lover

User Image
User Image
Adriane Celia Hawkthorne "Thorne"〗 〖Ex. Lt. Colonel of the Atlea Military〗 〖"The Hawk" of Special Forces〗 〖Serving alongside: Sarge ll Ylaine ll Vincent
Currently stationed: Cereus District // Jail House 〗 〖Feeling: Drained

It had been a long time since she lost her cool like that. Adriane growled under her breath, pressing a hand to her eyes. The letter that had been sent to her had unnerved her and she was losing her calm because of it. The ravenette sighed heavily as she leaned back against the wall of the Jail House as she sat upon it's porch. She had to deal with her past, and it looked as if she was going to have to do it sooner rather than later. She'd have to speak with Edgar, to let the Mayor know exactly everything that had happened. Why she was truly in his town and what he needed to keep an eye out for. If her father managed to make his way to Speranza, Adriane had absolutely no doubt in her mind that he'd hurt whomever got in his way to her. Hell, he'd hurt people that she was friendly with, just to hurt her. It was best if she left Speranza and set out to find him, first. And hopefully, once that was done with... she could return. If she still lived.

Adriane took a deep breath, trying to steady herself as she exhaled. There was a sudden noise and a press of warm fur against her hand. Sarge was back. Glancing down at the dog, Adriane reached out to wrap her arms around her and bury her face in the animal's thick fur, allowing herself a single moment to be afraid. It didn't last long as she squeezed the dog gently before releasing her, once again in control of her emotions. More or less. "Right. We'll wait for Rowena and Roi to come give us their accounts of what happened, and then we'll go speak to Edgar." Adriane stated, giving a nod of her head. Sarge barked as if in agreement and moved to lick the young woman's face. Smiling, Drea ruffled her head before moving to stand. Just as she did, Ylaine appeared and swept past her and Sarge without a word as she strode into the jail house. Immediately, Adriane's guard was up as she moved to the door and pushed it open. Standing in the doorway, she remained there and was able to hear everything that was said between the brother and sister. So far, it didn't seem as if Ylaine had recovered her memories. But she did seem... different. There was something off about her, something that put Drea on edge as she gazed at the blue haired woman.

"I'm sorry, Ylaine. But I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave. I don't want Vincent having any visitors, not until Edgar and I figure out what to do with him." Adriane spoke up as she stepped inside, her expression and voice neutral. Sarge stepped inside as well and took a seat by the door, her ears perked and gaze fixed on the blue haired woman. "And don't worry. He'll be stuck behind those bars for a while. And once he's out, I'll make sure he leaves you alone." Adriane informed the other woman, her gaze sliding past her and to Vincent. She was still pissed at him and it showed. "If you have any concerns, Ylaine, feel free to tell me. But for now, you're going to have to leave." Her voice wasn't harsh. The tone was kind but it still rang with a note of authority. She wasn't asking. She was telling. The ravenette remained by the door, waiting for Ylaine to leave. Once she did, Adriane nodded at her before shutting the door to the jail house and turning to face Vincent.

Walking forward to the bars, she gazed at him before sitting down on the ground in front of them, looking drawn out and exhausted. Her face was pale and she pressed a hand to her eyes before lowering them. "Tell me everything I need to know. About your sister. What she's capable of. If I'm to keep the town safe, I need to know everything that could threaten it." Adriane stated, glancing at him through the bars of the cell. "And leave out all the bullshit and snide remarks. I'm not in the mood to play games with you or banter back and forth. There's another danger on its way and I have to prepare for the possibility of it coming to pass. So just tell me the important things. What I need to know."

Merlin The Mage

User Image

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                              I've been shot up and ъeaten to no end.

I was a man to be ғeared even when I was a slacker.

Now I am only a ϯraitor that had a cause.

Only fragments remain of what I ѡished to protect.

Vincent kept silent, even as Adriane ordered his sister to leave. Emery would have liked to kill her on the spot. The don didn't take orders. She was above that. When Adriane retuned to the bars of the jail cell, he sneered. What would she need to know? "Nothing. I have a higher power to answer to, heartbreaker. You can hold me in contempt or what the ******** ever, but a second in command can't go betraying the leader. I'm not writing my own death slip." He hadn't dared look at Ylaine's face. He remembered it. It was etched into the back of his eyelids. The intensity or her eyes and the curvature of her lips. The look. It was enough to make him shudder internally just thinking about it. "What you should be wondering is what she isn't capable of if she gets her memory back. That's to say if anyone even notices if she remembers. It's a great guise really. It's why I bugged her so much when I found her. I didn't believe it." His information wouldn't do much to help Adriane. He'd dropped a few hints out of respect for the woman, things that Emery would have happily announced herself.

If Emery returned, she wouldn't act quickly. She'd wait for a time to strike the town's power structure while she continued to pretend to forget. It would be like undercover work. She didn't have the man power anymore to execute a frontal assault. It would be a stealth maneuver. She'd be content with Vincent's position. Inside the jailhouse, right when he was let out would be a good opening. So would the sheriff leaving town or the mayor being open as a hostage. Gun girl and soldier boy were the only other people she could recruit. Illea more willingly than Lley. Surely the blonde would help out of pure fear. Maybe. There were other soldiers in town to worry about too. Emery had never been one to back down though. "She'd never use poison. Emery would never attack indirectly either." That was the coward's method of assassination and picking off people around her target was a glorified waste of time. It killed her excitement and the challenge. She loved opponents in peak condition, not mentally skewed by loss. The only thing she wanted to fill her prey's head was fear.

The whole time he spoke he didn't look at Adriane. There wasn't a point to. He'd paid off any debt that her niceties had earned her and no amount of interrogation was worth the wrath he could face for spilling too much information. Vincent wasn't keen on whatever she had to say for the snippets he did drop either. "That is damn well all I will tell you though." He gazed at the barred window, eyes flitting to the sliver of blue sky he could see. Their hair was a much darker blue. He remembered hers being lighter when they were young. Perhaps the weight she bore in her lifetime was what had darkened the hue. perhaps it was simply that she'd lived a life shrouded by darkness. It didn't matter.

- Memories_Chained -

ζocation Jailhouse

Ҁompany Adriane

ɱood Calm

ϯhoughts Happy?

Devoted Lover

User Image
User Image
Adriane Celia Hawkthorne "Thorne"〗 〖Ex. Lt. Colonel of the Atlea Military〗 〖"The Hawk" of Special Forces〗 〖Serving alongside: Sarge ll Vincent ll Now Roi and Rowena
Currently stationed: Cereus District // Jail House -- > Restaurant 〗 〖Feeling: Drained

It felt as if her world was crumbling down around her. Her past was catching up with her, but the present was proving itself to be equally as dangerous. As Sheriff, it was her duty to protect the Town. But she was beginning to doubt her ability to do so... If anything, she knew that she always had help she could call on. Riari, despite never having fought in the wars was just as formidable as Drea herself. And then there was Swallow, whose talent and otherworldly skills with magic would prove invaluable should any fighting come to Speranza. Adriane remained silent as she listened to Vincent, not rising to his sneering tone. He didn't give her any information at all. Nothing that would be helpful or prove valuable. "I commend your loyalty. Even if it's to someone from the world's underground." Adriane stated, her tone empty. She didn't rise up to his baiting and sharp tone. Instead she seemed... exhausted. Done. As if she couldn't quite find the will to bother with him anymore.

If Ylaine was as dangerous as Vincent hinted at, Adriane was going to have to keep a close eye on her. The Town might go to hell, but it wouldn't go so easily on her watch. Adriane slowly picked herself up, rising to her feet, deep in thought. For now, there wasn't anything she could do, save to keep a careful watch on Ylaine. If things turned sour, the town would be divided. She knew that. Ylaine would have Vincent on her side, and she could quite possibly call upon other help as well. Such as the soldiers that had been on the opposing side of the wars Adriane had fought in. The Sheriff would be outnumbered and outmanned. But that wouldn't stop her from fighting until she could no longer lift her weapon or draw another breath. Only death would stop her from protecting Speranza and it's people, as she had sworn to do.

"Alright." If Vincent was expecting her to be upset and frustrated with the lack of information that had been given to her, he was sorely mistaken. As it was, Adriane simply turned from him and walked over to her desk, silently taking a seat. She pulled out a few pieces of paper and pen, the only sound that of the pen scratching as she wrote. After a few minutes, she waited for the ink to dry before folding the pages and placing them in an envelope, sealing it with a wax and the crossed swords insignia of a ring she wore. Slipping the letter into the pocket of her jacket, she rose to her feet again and looked over at Vincent. "At least tell me this." She paused, her gaze staring straight into his face so she could lock eyes with him should they turn over to look at her. "Should she remember, are you and I going to be enemies? Will I have to kill?" So much death. So much blood. Adriane was so tired of shedding it. Countless people had already fallen to her hand and she loathed the prospect of more being felled by her blades. But she would do whatever it took.

She remained, waiting for his answer. When it wasn't forthcoming, she turned away from him and looked down at Sarge. "Stay here, girl. And don't let anyone in." The dog whined and pressed her muzzle to Adriane's hand, but remained where she was as the ravenette made her way out the door. There was no need to lock it, as she knew that Sarge would not let anyone pass. Walking through town, she made her way back to the Restaurant, where she figured Roi and Rowena would still be. She wasn't disappointed as they were inside, moving about and seeming to be taking inventory. "Don't worry, I'm not here to listen to your accounts. But if you two could write those down and drop them off at the Jail House and with Sarge, I'd be much obliged." Adriane looked weary and drawn. Her face was pale and the light in her eyes was incredibly dim. "I just wanted to make sure that the two of you were alright, and apologize for letting the situation go on as long as it had. I should have been there sooner. You have my deepest apologies." She stated, moving to stand at attention before bowing to them, lowering her head.

Straightening after a moment, she stepped backwards. "If you need to find me, I'll be at the Town Hall. I... have to speak to Edgar about quite a few things." Adriane stated in a low tone, moving to briefly press her hand to her head before letting it fall to her side. "I'm glad that the two of you weren't harmed. Take care." She turned away, making for the door again. If either of them had something to say, she would stay and listen to them. If not, there was work to be done.

Merlin The Mage

The musical Gerudo

Emu Avian

User Image

Dear Sweetie's Kouhai

Friendly Detective

10,400 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
User Image
tab dulci tab dulcimei tab tab tab tab ◜⊹IN MY MISTAKES ▬ ⋮★
dulce tab dul tab tab dulci tab dulcimei tab tab tab And the ones I have yet to make?
                                            User Image

Success! For once, Sawyer was actually able to give some useful advice! Who would've ever thought the day would come! Absolutely glowing in her happy feelings of being of use, the mail carrier's smile almost broke when Eyra commented on not being able to cook so well, specially for them fancy folk. How confusing! Lley as fanciful? The very thought made her snort audibly and have to cover her mouth. Somehow she just couldn't picture those two words together, especially not those two images. But it was far too late. Holding up a hand to pardon herself, she nearly keeled over laughing as the images of the farm owner in a penguin suit, monocle and top hat appeared in her creative mind. "Chip chip cheerio-- BAHAHA~" In her own little fanciful world, she choked and began laughing some more. Hardly even noticing the object of her amusement had just joined them.

"O-oh hello, Mr.Fun-- I mean, Lley! Pfft-- fancy meeting you here!" Letting out the last of her chortles and giggles, Sawyer regained what little composure she possessed left and wiped the tears from her eyes. It must have been a crazy sight, and there was no doubt in her mind that the two in her company thought she must have been a real loonie. But the thing with Sawyer was that once she started laughing, she just couldn't stop until it was all out. Always better out than in. But there was one thing that helped her laughter ease, and that was with the appearance of the man they were conversing about. Sawyer could easily be wrong, but from what she saw of the two from just in general, it would be very plausible. All the time spent together it could be said that a relationship was bound to be formed between the two. But, for some reason.... In the pit of her stomach, she just couldn't buy it completely. But what did she know of love? Hardly anything.

"Fun?" Perking up at the sound of the young farm hand's voice, she clapped her hands together excitedly. "Ah~ Sounds great to me!" Any prospect of finishing work was completely wiped from her mind. It was a good thing she was her own boss, otherwise she would've been fired seasons ago~ Not that anyone really seemed to care about mail as much as she did. "Mmhmm! Just do your laundry later, Funny man! It's far too nice out to be busying yourself with such things." She chimed in. Right now, she would do anything just to DO something entertaining with people. Any sort of company was what she craved, and it kinda was a bonus if it was these two. Cause maybe then she could figure out if anything really was going on between them.

#FF5475 - talking

tab Where: The Farm ▬ ⋮★ With: Eyra & Funny man ▬ ⋮★ Feeling: Happy/Curious/Excited ▬ ⋮★ So much no.

Dear Sweetie's Kouhai

Friendly Detective

10,400 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
    User Image
    User Image__________________ ____ _ ____ __ ____ ___________ __ _ _____ ___________ _______ ___ _____
    ______
    _______________________________j u s t _ c l o s e _ y o u r _ e y e s _, _ t h e _ s u n _ i s _ g o i n g _ d o w n
    _________________________y o u ' l l _ b e _ a l r i g h t _, _ n o _ o n e _ c a n _ h u r t _ y o u _ n o w

_______COME MORNING LIGHT, YOU AND I'LL BE SAFE AND SOUND

Gently placing her hand to her lips, Rosalia softly laughed. Teddy was such a funny and kind man. It was clear as to why the children loved him so, even if he hadn't been in town for so long. He just had a natural charm, one that made her feel at ease and comfortable. She would more than willing soak up all of it if she had the chance to; who knows maybe it could even rub off on Adam. Now wouldn't that be nice! "Ayye. That I do! Quite a bit of a sorrow that me hubby don't partake in me wan'drings an-- Pfft, sorry~ That was pretty bad!" Laughter interrupting her poor attempt of a Scottish accent, the young woman shook her head with a sigh. "Buut to answer your question, I'm not sure if she is with him. It wouldn't be much of a surprise to me if she was. The oddest of friends those two are. I can already see the two bickering~" Red and Adam were quite the pair. From an outsider's point of view, all they ever could see is the arguing and the heated conversations. Often Rosalia couldn't help but chime in that maybe THEY were the newlyweds. She had to get her fun in somehow~

Eyes gleaming and a satisfied grin emerging, the fake wife pumped her arm into the air from her small victory. "Yes! I knew it was something along those lines. I'm just so glad I remembered his name~" Although still very weary of the horse, it wouldn't be fair to take her fear out on it. After all, he was just a horse and it wasn't his fault that she was so horribly and rightfully terrified of the animal. If he didn't tower over her he could even look a little, well, sweet. Coughing into her hand and clearing her throat, her grin died down to a soft little smile. "Sorry, I kinda pride myself on these things. Slightly silly I know, but I like it when I do remember things like names." Fiddling with the hem of her shirt a bit she kept her eyes to the side. Her parents always thought it was a silly thing. How she would tried to remember just the smallest details in someone's life, but she knew it brought her joy when someone remembered her favourite colour or the likes. And it seemed to make him happy, which meant just the smallest of victories for her.

"I know if you ever have a problem taking him out for his walk, Adam would more than happily take him for you. His love for horses uh, greatly exceeds that of my own." Glancing at Spitfyre once again, she could only imagine what fun Adam would have with him. Her head was actually already concocting scenarios of the two frolicking through a field of wildflowers, and him making the horse a flower crown. Okay, maybe that was too much. But still, he would like it very much and it would get him out of the house. "Maybe it would even get him to socialize a bit! Could you image that? Cause I almost can't~" Giving a cheeky smile, it nearly faded away entirely as her male companion spoke. Not frightening? To him sure, Spitfyre was a gentle beast. But to Rosalia the only thing she saw was a bad childhood memory. One she dared not to repeat.

"I'm sure to you he isn't but to me--" Rosalia paused and flushed a soft pink. Did he just call her a flower? Forgetting entirely on what she had been saying moments ago, she couldn't even begin to remember the last time she was called by such a cute pet name. Adam, granted he was just a fake husband, would never call a girl something like that. In fact, she called him 'honey' only because it sent chills down his back. It was almost nice to hear something like it coming from Teddy. But as a friend. Only as a friend. Right? But before she could analyze it further, her train of thoughts broke completely when he began to approach her. "Your knighthood would certainly become blackened if such a thing were to happen. But under your watchful gaze and knowing how you possess such strength I'm sure I shall be well protected." She mused back, giggling when the older man allowed her to ruffle his hair. Hair that was surprisingly soft. "Now, now... I'm not a gem, dear knight! Just a simple shiny rock." Not used to such compliments, all she could do is be modest.

Drats! Why must he be so tall! In order to even whisper in his ear she had to go on her tiptoes which was so bizarre for her since she technically wasn't short! In actuality she was a nice average height. But boy oh boy was the school teacher tall. So what with being so close and all, his cheerful booming laugh nearly startled her in itself. But she liked it regardless. It had a certain charm itself and almost had the ability to chase her horsey fears away. Almost. "I'm glad you understand, you're much easier than--" She stopped. Why was he taking her hand? Could it be? No, he wouldn't. "I-It's okay, Teddy. I'm perfectly fine with admiring him from a distance! In fact, I could even say my introductions from here. Haha--" She paled as the mighty beast approached at his command as her knee shook. "I think this is close e-enough. So how do you do, nice weather we're h-having...!" Biting down on her lower lip she used her free hand to place on her thoroughly startled heart. Time to get this introduction good and over with so she could weep in a corner at home. "My name is--" But she couldn't finished. Instead of mowing her down with his mighty hooves... he bowed.

Rosalia stared in awe. Did what she really just see happen? No, she must have imagined it! Maybe this entire thing had been a dream and in a few minutes she would awaken to Adam's loudness in the kitchen. But the little squeeze of her hand that Teddy gave assured her that wasn't the case. "T-Teddy I don't think I can--" Clamming up, her breath hitched when he began to guide her hand. In her head she wanted to run, run as far as her legs would take her and crumble into a ball. But her heart as corny as it may be, was telling her to stay and trust her friend. He had her best interest in mind, and by god was she sick of running. And by god was she so terrified right now! Closing her odd eyes tight when the horse moved forwards, her body prepared for the worse and she could even feel tears beginning to bubble. But nothing horrible happened. When she opened her eyes there was no loud neighs, or the sound of trampling hooves and screams. No, it was just Rosalia with a gentle horse under her touch. "I did it...! Haha! I really did it!"

Tears finally spilling one by one from relief now instead of pure fear, she looked at Teddy, then at Spitfyre and only continued this from her excitement. "I-I'm actually touching a horse! Like, I'm actually doing it...!!" She said breathlessly. It wasn't as if she was reliving her horrible child hood memory, no. This was nice and calm and just so..so.. nice. "It's so nice to meet such a noble stead such as yourself. My name is Rosalia." Giving a light curtsy with her free hand, she continued to pet almost out of fear that if she stopped it would shatter some sort of illusion. Now it was as if all the tenseness is her body had lifted. It felt so airy. "Sorry for judging you, Spitfyre... Specially since you've been only a true gentlemen to me..." Speaking quietly to the horse, her hand would pause it's pettings from time to time whenever the quiet creature moved too much. As brave as she was feeling right now, it didn't mean she was completely over her fear. She was barely even close to conquering it.

"I-I think..." She thought what? As she wiped one tearstained cheek with her sleeve she wondered if she could really bother him and Spitfyre. Yes, he was the one that extended the invite and yes he was the one that earlier said that they had no further plans. So would it really hurt to join them? Thats right. No it wouldn't. And as Rosalia looked at that bright goofy smile, she gave a gentle one of her own. Just how could she say no? "I think I will join you two... How could I decline after giving him such a rude welcome? I most certainly must try and redeem myself." Backing away from Spitfyre now having her fair share of horsey love, her face turned a deep red as she wiped the rest of her tears away. "Sorry for the waterworks! Please know though, that none of them were out of spite. I'm just... very very relieved. And I'm also quite happy, so thank you for this. Thank you so so much, Teddy." She had to thank him somehow.

So taking him by the hand, she brought it to her lips and gave the back of it a little peck. Consider this my thanks, loyal knight!" Grinning and resisting the urge to hug him as well, the jeweller shrugged. "I'm afraid it's all I can give since I have no handkerchiefs to reward you as a favour." Who even carried those around anymore? Certainly no one she knew. "So, where shall we be off to then? Or will that be a surprise in itself?" She asked softly, having no idea where to go to begin with.

Where / ♥ / Just walking around tab With / ♥ / Teddy & Spitfyre tab Feeling / ♥ / Extremely Happy tab Journal / ♥ / click me!

#A48CB8

- Memories_Chained -

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Member 100
User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxG O xx A H E A D xx A N D xx H A T E xx Y O U R xx N E I G H B O R
xxxxxgo ahead⋮❖ and cheat a friend do it in the ( name of heaven )
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYOU CAN JUSTIFY IT IN THE END THERE WON'T BE ANY TRUMPETS
xxxxxxxxxxx▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
xxxx♛》BLOWING COME ! THE J.UDGEMENT DAY;
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx━━━━ x on x the x bloody x morning x after x one x tin x soldier x runs x away x ━━━━

User Image
                    Temperance sighed, stretching her arms above her head as she made her way up the road towards the Church. It was awfully convenient that she had managed to get a home so close to her place of work, even if it had been suggested to her that it wasn’t exactly the safest place in the world. Still she had faith in the goddess, and something about the place made her feel comfortable and relieved some of the pressure from her chest; she could breath more easily throughout all of Sparenza, but she found the district that housed the church was the best place for her to be. It only further supported her faith, and it left her feeling uplifted and in an even better mood than usual.

The priestess had spent much of her morning tidying up about the church. Her co-worker was out and about doing only goddess knew what, and she had been worrying after him since their first run-in on that rainy day. Something was eating at him, it seemed, and she was upset that she couldn’t help him. So maybe it was for the better that they hadn’t run into each other before she arrived at the church; she didn’t want to seem pushy, but she did want to make sure it was okay. Little did she know asking about what was upsetting him would probably only add salt to the wound. Minutes ticked easily away into hours and Temperance continued her work, humming hymns and singing quietly as she dusted the windows and various religious artefacts around the church and swept the floors.

It was just about noon time when she realized just how hungry she had become, and as she finished cleaning the last thing on her list Temperance let out a sound of distress.
                    “Ahh, why would I skip breakfast?” Temperance scolded herself quietly, holding one hand over her stomach as she let out a sigh. “Well, I suppose I could head towards town, perhaps find some place to eat,” she mused quietly, looking over the church one final time before heading towards the doors, grabbing her light cardigan along the way. That was another thing she would have to ask her senior practitioner about: dress code. She didn’t feel she wore anything inappropriate, but different churches had different rules on dress and what was expected of the priests and priestesses. She was having a bit of a hard time adjusting to the heat of the desert so she often wore lighter clothes than she usually would, but if she had to wear some kind of uniform… well, it was a sacrifice she was willing to make in order to serve the goddess to the best of her ability.

Temperance hummed lightly to herself as she walked up the worn path towards the direction she thought the main district was in, though she paused when her eyes fell on some kind of stand; that was curious.
                    “There’s something like that all the way out here?” Temperance hummed quietly, curiosity overwhelming her as she made her way towards it. It seemed to be abandoned, which was odd considering it was before noon on a beautiful Sunday, but it was obviously not always in such a state. It looked as if somebody had been there recently, as far as she could tell, which led her to believe that somebody would have to come by soon, right? “Hello,” she called out, rapping her knuckles against the wood as she moved about it, searching to see if anybody were nearby. “Barbecue,” she hummed quietly as she spied a sign, her eyes lighting up with excitement when she realized it wasn’t supposed to be closed. “Mm! Maybe I can get my lunch here, after all,” she mused happily, clasping her hands in front of her as she looked about for whoever supposedly manned the outdoor foodstop. It would be opening quite soon, if the sign was any indicator, and she was quite excited for it.

xxxxxx
                    xxxxxxxxxxx L.OCATION⋮ ( ZAMIA )( CHURCH → BBQ ) xx C.OMPANY⋮ ALONE? xx A.TTIRE⋮ NICE DAY

Bocchan Shieru
                    ( OOC ) i hope that this is alright! i can change it if it's any inconvenience ; ~;

Friendly Friend

Lley Gyles
'Farmer'

Company : Eyra, Sawyer
User Image
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

‘Boss man.’ Huh. It was always weird to Lley to hear Eyra call him that. Since he was the supposed inheritor of the farm, it made sense that he would naturally be in charge of its fate, but he had always left important decisions to Eyra and in turn shifted that burden to her. After all, when he had first arrived he hadn’t the slightest clue how to care for crops or how the business worked or anything related at all to farming. The land would have probably quickly withered away and died if he took any real ownership or responsibility for it. The last time he had ever taken charge over something was when he was in the military… He fiddled with the sleeve of Ignatius’ coat as his thoughts wandered back over his old war buddy, but he quickly banished them with a mental shake. If his thoughts continued down that route, he would only make himself depressed again. As Eyra mentioned have a girl talk with Sawyer, Lley cast her a confused and mildly concerned side-glance; as his farmhand spoke, the other woman was absolutely in stitches, seemingly unable to keep a lid on her mirth. Should he be worried? Were they talking about him? As if she was reading his mind, Eyra suddenly jumped up with an exclamation.

"You did give me one might fine idea though!" Oh god, if they were talking about him, what kind of ideas did his appearance inspire? If they weren’t talking about him, the fact that he could inspire ideas was still troubling, to be honest. "Thanks for all your advice, Miss Sawyer, but I think I figured it out. I don't think it's so much a pedestal or anything like that. What I need to do is not be a burden." Well…. the blond was certainly not expecting to hear anything like that, especially if he was the inspiration for such a thought. Then again, if seeing him conjured such an idea… should he be depressed or pleased by it? ’Oh man, look at Lley bein’ such a useless farmer owner and a huge worrywort. He’s just a useless burden at this point; I should strive to not be like him!’ This abusive thought was promptly knocked loose by Eyra’s playful punch to his shoulder.

"After yesterday I won't be causing you anymore trouble." Wait, what? He was the one that was causing all the troubles, wasn’t he? Not her! "In return you better not go skipping out on chores too much. A hearty drink is good once in a while but every night is too big an indulgence, got that, boss man?" Lley looked astounded at the woman as she wagged her finger at him, and he stared at her for a moment before a smile broke through with a chuckle. ”All right, it’s a deal. Just… don’t go bottling things up, all right? You got people here for you.” Mostly Swallow and probably Sawyer. It was pretty abundantly clear that whatever Eyra was going through she wasn’t comfortable sharing with Lley, and he didn’t know of any other friends that she may have.

Hefting his dirty laundry on his arm, the blond began to sidle out of the conversation as Eyra discussed going out for fun that day when she suddenly extended the invitation towards him. ”Huh?” Sawyer seemed agreeable to the idea, and they both took a moment to encourage the idea of pushing laundry off for the day. ”O-oh, umm--” Lley hesitated a moment; he certainly was not planning to go out for the day whatsoever, but… ah what the hell. What good did brooding on a farm alone ever do for him? ”-- give me a moment to put this away then and wash up, all right? I’ll be right back out. Why don’t you two decide where we’re going while I’m gone?” The man hurried off to his home where he quickly tossed the dirty clothes aside and, slipping out of Ignatius’ coat, laid it out on his bed. A quick wash later, he was changed into fresh clothes and heading out the door to meet the two women again. He had no idea what to expect from this outing, but hey! He’d have a cutie on each arm, right? Of course, he’d have to watch out for Swallow; he’d probably pull some dark magic trick on the blond if he ever saw him hanging around so close to Eyra. ”I’m ready when you two are.”

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Journal :
Mood :
Preparing for the worst

Hiroko-Kun

Merlin the Mage

That Girl Called Suki

Lucky Explorer

User Image
User Image
Rowena couldn't help but feel worried as Ylaine left; she seemed off. Well, of course she'd feel weird; she just saw her friends panicking after being threatened by her stalker. It was enough to put anyone off. Turning her attention to Roi, she suddenly felt awkward, which wasn't something that she had much experience with. Tearful hugging, check. Getting a handle on the situation, check. How were they supposed to move forward?

"L-Let's, uh, let's go look at the stocks!" she piped up, spinning on her heel and taking off towards the kitchen. Action was always the answer in awkward or otherwise-tense situations. Or really any situation. Rowena led Roi into the kitchen, and next to the stove was the spices/herbs cupboard. "So, um..." Rowena stood next to the cupboard and stared up at it. She wasn't short enough that she needed help reaching the bottom shelves. The top shelves were problematic. Rowena hopped up on the counter, her knees hitting the cold of the sanitary kitchen country with a resounding 'thud'. "Well then..." Though Rowena kept Roi with her to help with this, she still somehow forgot that her friend was tall enough to reach it on her own. She heard the front door bell jingle, and tensed up for a split second, her heart freezing, but she breathed a sigh of relief when she saw it was Adrianne... But in what state? Rowena's keen senses quickly noticed the coloration in her face fading, eyes worn, some hair fringing... all signs of stress and exhaustion. While she was noticing Adrianne's tired demeanor, she had been talking to them; Rowena just caught the end of their exchange. "H-Hey, Adrianne! Take it easy! And thanks!" she called after the girl as she turned to leave. Once she heard the door close again, she turned back to work, pulling some dried rosemary tied with some twine from the cupboard and giving it a sniff. Still fresh. "So what exactly is up with that guy, if I may ask? He got a thing for Ylaine? I mean, what every happened to gentlemanly wooing? Gotta follow a girl around and threaten people..." She was rambling, wasn't she? Her leftover fear was making her feel rather dizzy. Speaking of.

"Whoops!" she cried as a bottle of savory slipped out of her hands. In her nervousness and her 'chase the retreating object' instinct, she leaped, or rather fell, after the bottle. In a panicked frenzy, Rowena squeezed her eyes shut and grabbed whatever was nearest to her. When she opened her eyes, she was clinging like none other to Roi's shoulder. Of course, she had done nothing to soften the fall, but she had managed to pull Roi down with her. Not really a good thing, but whatever. "Oh my-- I'm so sorry, I didn't really think about that and then--... Roi, you have a bay leaf on your nose." Rowena could no longer hold it in. All the nervous energy that built up mixed with the incident that landed a leaf on Roi's nose just kind of put her off the edge. She started snorting, and then practically cackling with laughter. "Y-Your face...! Priceless!" she laughed, holding her stomach and rolling around a bit on the floor.

Where am I?: Restaurant (kitchen)
Who am I with?: Roi
What am I doing?: Laughing on the floor?
Out of Cats: I wrote this spaz. Also, I really want a sandwich.

The musical Gerudo

- Memories_Chained -

Friendly Friend

Roi ¤ MacAoidh
                                                      ¥ Restaurant Cook ¥
                                                ════════════════════════════════
User Image

"All right? I-I think so. See you later, Roi."

”I’ll… see ye later, Ylaine.”

Standing with his foot wedging the restaurant door open, Roi gazed after Ylaine’s quickly retreating back, his expression reflecting his blank mind. With her sudden and drastic change in hair color and confusingly empty facial expressions, it was as if he was just exposed to a completely different person just then. Echoes of Rando’s warning words swam along the edges of his conscious, conflicting sharply with memories of the young woman that the redhead knew her to be. The female that had just scampered off was not the Ylaine that he knew; Ylaine was a a polite, happy, and kind person, full of laughter and curiosity about the people and world around her, and Roi was pretty certain that it was the blue-haired male that was causing her weird transformation into something lifeless and hollow. Despite all his threatening and weapon waving, that male may have started to unravel what he strove to keep wrapped up and hidden. Would he still strive to hold Roi responsible, as if it would help cover up his own mistakes? Motion in the blurry edges of Roi’s vision brought his attention to Rowena, and the two stared at each other silently for a moment.

"L-Let's, uh, let's go look at the stocks!" As always, Rowena moved with the speed and grace of a cat startled by a watering hose, and Roi stumbled back into the door a bit as she flew by him and into the kitchen. Wh-whoa there, lass! Slow down before ye take the restaurant down wi’ye!” A deep chuckle found its way out of his chest as he jogged after her; there was a certain shine to Rowena that made it difficult for a situation to remain heavy or gloomy around her. She always managed to somehow lighten things up and bring a smile to the man’s face with her antics, even if it was borderline-spazzy behavior. ”Be careful, Rowena,” he warned as the brunette hopped up onto the counter to take inventory of the higher shelves. Deciding to work nearby her in case anything went wrong, Roi began looking through the cupboards opposite, and was going through the last shelf when Adriane suddenly arrived. The redhead turned to greet her, a smile barely reaching his face when he noticed how tired and stressed out she looked. Things must not have gone so well with Rando.

"Don't worry, I'm not here to listen to your accounts. But if you two could write those down and drop them off at the Jail House and with Sarge, I'd be much obliged." Roi wordlessly set down the spices in his hands and turned his full attention to Adriane, the concern that creased his brow giving way to a sort of sadness at what she said next. "I just wanted to make sure that the two of you were alright, and apologize for letting the situation go on as long as it had. I should have been there sooner. You have my deepest apologies." As the sheriff bowed to the two, the redhead bit his lip, holding back words that wanted to protest her claim, comfort her and remove whatever responsibility she held upon herself for their own safety. The first thing that Roi should have done was gone straight to Adriane after being confronted by Rando the first time; if he had done so, things would have gone a lot differently. He was to blame for the way the morning’s events transpired due to his lack of diligence in his own safety, not her. However, such words would get no where, not right now. There was far too much on Adriane’s mind by the looks of it… he’d have to follow up wit her later.

"If you need to find me, I'll be at the Town Hall. I... have to speak to Edgar about quite a few things. I'm glad that the two of you weren't harmed. Take care." Moving forward slightly and suddenly, Roi caught Adriane’s hand as she let it fall, pale olive eyes looking at her intently. ”Thank ye, Adriane, for all that yer doin’ for us. I don’ know what we would do without ye.” Giving her hand a reassuring squeeze, the man released it and gave her a small smile. ”I’ll see you later.” "H-Hey, Adriane! Take it easy! And thanks!"

After the sheriff had left, Roi and Rowena went back to work, taking inventory of what they had and discarding what was spoiled or had gone bad. It was dull job of sorts, but Roi embraced it for how mind-numbing it was; it was just the kind of break that he needed right now. Not much time transpired before Rowena spoke up again. "So what exactly is up with that guy, if I may ask? He got a thing for Ylaine? I mean, what every happened to gentlemanly wooing? Gotta follow a girl around and threaten people..." Sighing quietly, Roi had turned to lean against his side’s countertop in preparation for some sort of story to give to Rowena when she suddenly lost her balance, hands and arms flailing wildly after a bottle that she had lost her grip on. ”R-Rowena--!!” Roi made a stumbling dive forward to catch her before she hit the tiled floor. His arms found her waist and her flailing limbs met with his shoulder where they latched on immediately, her falling momentum bringing the two crashing down to the floor. A pain fired up from his other shoulder as it hit the ground first and shot through his body as the rest of him followed. His grunt quickly turned into a pained gasp as Rowena’s frame landed on him; fortunately for the brunette, and maybe less fortunate for Roi, the man had managed to fall beneath Rowena, cushioning her fall from her perch on the countertop. They lay still for a moment, Roi hugging Rowena to him as she clung to her shoulder. Rowena roused first, and she quickly began apologizing upon seeing the death and destruction she had wrought upon the kitchen.

"Oh my-- I'm so sorry, I didn't really think about that and then--... Roi, you have a bay leaf on your nose." Roi squinted an eye open and went a little cross-eyed as he tried to spot the offending leaf on his nose. Whatever face that may have resulted from his efforts must have been ridiculous on some scale as Rowena began absolutely cackling at him "Y-Your face...! Priceless!" The man grunted, then sighed a little in relief as her weight rolled off of him and onto the floor in mirth. She was not heavy, but hard, tiled flooring wasn’t the best thing to fall on, especially if you were trying to cushion the drop of another person. As he sat up and stretched his shoulders, Roi saw the bay leaf flutter from his nose onto the floor, and somehow the small, silent fluttering motion struck him funny as well. His chest rumbled as he chuckled, and, picking up the bay leaf, he scooted over to where Rowena was tumbling about. ”Ye think m’face is funny, eh? Well I find yer wee li’l ears t’be funny!” Wielding the leaf between his finger and thumb of one hand, he proceeded to lightly tickle her ears with it. As she clapped her hands over the sides of her head in defense, he moved then to her nose, flicking the leaf about her nostrils. ”And yer wee nose too!”

- Memories_Chained -

Emu Avian

════════════════

With: Rowena
                                                At: Restaurant - Kitchen (CEREUS)
                                                Feeling: Calmer

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
                                  Time erases signs of all wounds
                                      █ ████ █even those of this wasteland.
                              ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CURRENT DAY
                                              〈 ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ 〉

7TH OF SUMMER
                                                        ⇠┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⇢

/ / Time / /

Saturday
                                                            5:00 PM - 10:00 PM

/ / Weather / /

The weather is hot but as the sun sets it begins to cool a bit. A breeze is blowing in low clouds of sand into the town.

/ / Events / /

Christine Nicole Craig's Birthday

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150

PV=nRT's Wife

Hygienic Loiterer

Marcus Adlai Shay
Priest

Feeling: Mediocre Doing: Returning lost belongings With: No one (Maryanne) At: Outside Maryanne and Rowena's house Journal

User Image

Marcus had found the past two days to be incredibly exhausting. Expressing his feelings to Maryn and graciously accepting her blatant rejection was, of course, trying. Keeping his usual pleasant, if a bit somber, demeanor in spite of his melancholy heart was harder. It was even worse to then be planning the wedding of the woman he loved to another man, all with a serene smile on his face.

Along with Edgar, Marcus spent the morning planning the final touches of the ceremony for the next day. When he returned to the church, exhausted, he discovered an umbrella. After some thought, he decided that the only person it could belong to was Maryanne. She had come by the day before, after they had run into each other on the street. Marcus was unable to withhold a sigh. Emotionally, he was positively exhausted, but he couldn’t come up with a reasonable excuse to not deliver it to her. Besides, it would be a good reason to delay his appearance to Maryn’s wedding party.

He was loath to go, but he knew that he had to. Regardless of how he felt toward her, Maryn had certainly been one of his closest friends for years, and to the best of his knowledge he thought she had felt the same way. At least until yesterday. He hoped that his blunder would not change their friendship, but he presumed that she was surely put off by him for saying what he had.

Marcus realized, as he reflected back to his conversation with Anya the day before, that that was what he was so afraid of. It was one thing to confess his love. The prospect of losing the relationship he did have with Maryn was the part that was so terrifying. He would come up with dozens of reasons why it would be selfish and even indulgent of him to confess, but the reality was that he loved Maryn so deeply that having her at all was infinitely better than not having her at all, or worse: her resenting him.

All these thoughts continued to circle though the priest’s consciousness while he lifted Maryanne’s umbrella off the floor. Yes, he was exhausted from all of this, but that was not Maryanne’s fault. No, she had absolutely nothing to do with it. On the contrary, she’d seemed to try her hardest the day before to raise his spirits without trying to convince him to tell her what had happened. She certainly did not deserve to lose her umbrella as simply a chain of events caused by his own foolishness.

He took a deep cleansing breath, brushed off the dust that inevitably accumulated on his robes, and picked up the large umbrella. Perhaps the walk to the Cereus district would do him good. The air had lost all its uncanny dampness from the day before, and they were left with the same desert winds that seemed dry enough to desiccate your very body. But the lake, Marcus noticed, had not dried back up just yet. Strangely, that fact alone seemed to lift his hopes.

Umbrella in hand, Marcus walked in silence to Maryanne and Rowena’s house. After he’d spent as much time visiting with them as he could manage without being a bother, he told himself, he would move on to Maryn’s party. It would be suspicious, not to mention outright rude, of him to not show at all, after all. Fortunately, his position as the priest at least excused him from participating in the entire length of the festivities, not to mention the associated drinking. Still, there was a part of him that even did want to go and celebrate, as though participating in the entire ploy could somehow bring Maryn a chance at happiness. And that was something he wanted for her.

Marcus used the handle of the umbrella to knock on the door of the house. “Ms. Crowe?” he called, and knocked gently again. “It’s Marcus. May I come in?”

“Emu Avian”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces