♚AS THEY CLIMB OVER THIS FENCE♚
♚TRADING ROSES FOR THE REAL WORLD♚
♚AS THE SECOND WEEK COMMENCES♚

╚═══════════════════════╝

S E V E N T E E N R A V E N C L A WP R E F E C T
// location: Gala //
// talking to: Travers //

User Image

The thought of Daffodil Marjoribanks dragging him off into a corner made Dirk wrinkle his nose in disgust. He didn't see the appeal in Daffy at all, but more power to Travers for going against the system, he supposed. He decided to joke back, saying, "Well, considering the obvious, she must be fantastic in bed to make up for everything else." He punctuated this with a short laugh.

It wasn't that Dirk was opposed to curvy girls. It was just . . . when he thought of curvy he thought of women with large breasts and voluptuous hips but with no pudge to speak of. Daffodil was curvy, sure--curvy all over. Dirk wasn't into girls like the model Twiggy but if he had to choose between that stick of a woman and the fat Hufflepuff, it wouldn't be a hard decision.

"Decroix is a much better fit anyways," he said nonchalantly, adjusting the cuffs of his sleeve, following his mate out into the halls. "What I wouldn't do to that woman . . . mm!" Around Travers, he was a bit more crass than he might like. But it was fun to let loose a little-- there were only a few people he really felt he could joke around with, and Travers was the best of them all.

The sea of light blue dresses was a welcome sight to Dirk. It was, after all, one of his favorite colors. "Maybe they're all realizing that they should embrace Ravenclaw pride," he remarked with a smirk. "This just means they all match my tie."

See anything you like? Sure--there were plenty of young pretty broads here. But as Travers glanced over the crowd, he had yet to see the woman he was hoping for . . . and it worried him. He hadn't asked her to be his date, so what if someone else got to it? He just . . . that would be unacceptable. Dirk refused to accept defeat.

"The night's still young," he answered simply, heading towards the sea of ladies in all their azure beauty.

Aged Senshi

User Image
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Narcissa left the comfort of the Slytherin dormitories, heading to the apparent meeting place of everyone who mattered (and one or two who didn't). She still needed a date... a pureblood. She had to think quickly. Available purebloods. There were a few Ravenclaws. Almost all of the Slytherins. A Hufflepuff or two--what was she thinking? A Hufflepuff? She'd never be that desperate. And the Gryffindors had ruined themselves for any decent Slytherin.

There was her brother in law. Not Rodolphus, but Rabastan. He was gentlemanly. Likely dateless. Of a good name--for now anyway, until his brother was finished muddying it. He held her family in high esteem, as he should, and paid her the proper respect. Not a terrible choice, given how little she had to work with.

Until she heard Carmen's comment about breaking him and milking him dry. How torrid. He was certainly deserving of better, but if Carmen set her sights on him, he wouldn't last long. Poor thing. Such a pity. Stag it was, then, lest she cause a scene. Narcissa Black never caused a scene.

She sniffed something, causing her nose to scrunch up. They were drinking, the lot of them. Already. Firewhiskey, too. She would not be partaking of that. She was more of a white wine kind of girl. That, and if they were all hopped up on Firewhiskey and who knows what else, someone would have to make excuses for them and see that they made it back to the dormitory safely.

What a gripping life she did lead, a miser with half a family and designated sober by default, going stag to a gala. "Ladies... apologies for my tardiness. You all do look ravishing though. Surely the gala can't start without us." She gave a light laugh. Lisey, looking simple and classic, Kiera, elegant and demure, Carmen would surely catch the eye of anyone with red blood in their veins... she almost felt underdressed.

Sober or belligerent, stag or not, tonight would be, at the very least, interesting.

User Image
User Image

location:dungeons > the great hallxxxcompany: the usual lot > no onexxxoutfit: gala ready

Alecto was still disappointed she didn’t manage to snag a date for the ball tonight. But that didn’t mean she wasn’t excited. An opportunity to dress up and show off her curves was a god enough reason to go stag if anything. She would show those boys they were missing out when they didn’t ask her to be their date. She took her sweet time getting ready. She curled her hair and let them fall against her chest. Putting all her effort into her makeup. She decided on a black lace mermaid gone to accentuate her curves. She was pulling all the stops tonight. After almost two hours of fixing her hair and makeup she added a few touch ups before heading down the Slytherin common room to see if the usual lot were there, but they weren’t.

Either she took too damn long to get ready and they were already at the Great Hall, or they were still getting ready. Either way she walked out of the common room and headed towards the dungeon to get to the Great Hall. That was when she noticed the familiar faces and a smirk tugged at her lips. She walked over towards them. Lise, Reese, Kiera, and even Carmen. Her eyes shifted between them loving all their choices in dresses. “Well hello, don’t you all look absolutely gorgeous!” She commented. “Sorry I’m late, I got a little carried away with my hair my makeup.” She admitted. Though Alecto was never about punctuality anyways. "Oi, no fair, you guys started drinking without me!" she pouted, realizing that a few of them had their fill of alcohol so early in the night. Though really, Alecto wasn't one who should complain. The girl couldn't handle her alcohol for the life of her no matter how much she tried to act like she could.

So it was probably better they had their drinks before she arrived. Or she would have been making a fool of herself before the ball even started. She happened to walk in when Carmen just arrived, asking them to place bets on Rabastan. Oh poor Rabs. It was pretty obvious that Carmen was just toying with him. It was just a ploy to get Amycus jealous. Which she didn’t really care for. She loved her brother, and she did approve of Carmen if they ever went out. But they always seemed to play push-and-pull with each other. “I give it a week, tops.” Alecto blurted out without thinking. Rabastan was handsome, and a gentleman, but she preferred a guy who could hold his own. And would take what he wanted, he wasn’t meek or anything, but just not as assertive.

Sure, maybe she was being biased because Amycus was her brother, but she preferred a guy who took what he wanted even if he had to be cunning about it. “You’re waiting on your dates, right?” She decided to ask, wondering why they were lingering in the corridors. But she was getting antsy standing around gossiping. “I’m going to head over to the great hall now, I’ll catch you guys later!” She waved them off before heading down the halls. She wanted to see who was there already, scope out potential targets that she would make sure to snag before the other girls could get them; well, if there was anyone worth the effort.

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

YOU SAY THAT I'M KINDA DIFFICULT ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ { BUT IT'S ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT }

A lot of girls were very sad that they hadn't been asked to the gala, but Charity Spinks couldn't be happier that she hadn't been considered as date material at all. She'd had more fun picking out her dress, sketching the design in class and then sewing it together so late in the night that her roommates would grow annoyed with her candlelight stitching. She just wanted to be pretty for herself, so she didn't have to fuss over the way a boy thought she should be, or the way she ate her dessert, or the way she sipped her punch. She was offending no-one by merely being herself, and it was wonderful. She'd skipped class all afternoon just to dream about it, weaving herself a daisy chain to wear over her messy blonde curls that night.

Cherrie Spinks was your average, unassuming little girl, dancing around in her knee-highs and mary-janes while she and her friends discussed the latest gossip and the latest Witch Weekly and the way they wished they had skinny wrists like Liesel Dolohov and curvy bodies like Carmen Candese, She was a Slytherin through and through, and she was the sole heir to the Spinks fortune, the only child to survive past their first year of life, and a pureblooded princess at that. Her life had been handed to her on a silver platter; she'd never wanted for a single thing, nor shed a tear because her parents had ever said no, nor missed any of her friends because she wasn't pretty enough or popular enough to have them. She was just peachy perfect. The best kind of girl. It made so many wonder why she was a Slytherin, if her dynasty was removed from the equation.

She wore her daisy chain, self-made dress, and strappy new sandals with pride, bragging to her girlfriends about how her dearest mother had even lent her grandmother's pearls just for the occasion. She knew she wasn't the prettiest girl there--she wasn't even close--but she felt prettier than other girls, and that was what counted. The music was slow and serene, the gala just having opened itself to eager students (mostly younger years for the moment), but Cherrie still put herself at the center of the dancefloor for just a brief twirl before she made her way to the punchbowl. If she ever wanted to get a good drink, it'd be before other students made their way with tricky flasks and poorly brewed potions.

She didn't need a date to be happy. Cherrie had tarts, sweet punch, and soft music to listen to, all with the knowledge that this gala was bringing everyone just one step closer to the cause. And that was something even she was looking forward to seeing furthered. It was the very reason she was a Slytherin: because no one knew the Charity Spinks beneath Cherrie Spinks.

'cause i'm a primmadonna girl...
                ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇
                all i ever wanted as the world.

User Image

Anxious Roisterer

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ x x

Amycus showed up early outside the dungeons awaiting his date. He was, of course, dressed to the nines, as being a part of the Carrow family left one with considerable wealth. He gave a nod of salute to each of the women who gathered outside the entrance. First there was Liesel, his dear friend, almost like a sister. He didn't for a minute buy her act of fawning over Kutner. He could tell she cared for the boy, but her care for him seemed dry and asexual in nature, yet she tried to play it off for classic romance. Poor Lise, confined by her notions of traditionalism.

Then there was Reese, who Amycus found just interesting enough to pay regard to but not dissect.

Then there was Kiera, who was too demure for his tastes but it wasn't as if he was going to carry out any experiments on her. She was after all, under Liesel's protection.

His jaw clenched when Carmen came around the corner.

Shortly after she made her appearance Rabastan emerged from the dungeons, his dark red tie the precise shade of Carmen's jewelry. Amycus tempered himself and poor Rabastan was totally oblivious to the game he'd been made pawn in. "Carmen!" he said enthusiastically. "Stop my heart. You have taken the very breath from my lungs tonight," he said and gave her a proper bow. He took her hand, kissed it, and locked his fingers in hers. Amycus wanted to vomit.

Carmen was a clever little demon. If she'd chosen anyone else Amycus might have already ripped the b*****d's head off. But Rabastan was a comrade and a friend so there was little he could do, except stand here seething and hope Kimberly-Lynn arrived momentarily.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

Dangerous Phantom

User ImageUser Image

User Image

User Image
Jamie loved sweets. Not only were they really tasty but they were his favorite research snack. All of the sugar kept him awake enough to keep going for nights at a time. He recalled a time where he was really into researching chants of an ancient language, and he went for three days doing nothing but doing that research plus his regular homework and going on nothing but sweets and coffee. It's become a bit of a scent on him now that he's done more of those long nights. The linger of coffee was stronger than the sweet scents from the sweets themselves. But sweets were one thing he would never refuse.

Popping a few into his mouth he savored the taste of the sweet treats, of course with his appetite at the moment anything would taste good to him. Feeling a presence come up next to him he blinked a few times before looking over to see Liz commenting on his dateless self.

Having a mouth full of food he smiled brightly as best he could before swallowing everything that was in his mouth. "You caught me" he breathed, sighing a bit mockingly like he was dejected. But he wasn't. yes it would have been nice to have come with someone. But he wouldn't have given up the find he had found for some date. That was a find of a lifetime. Who knows what was in that book. "You give me a bit too much credit I'm not that charming." he said as he turned and licked some crumbs that lingered on his lips. Giving Liz a playful grin.

It would come to a surprise that despite their opposite personalities, Liz was probably one of if not Jamie's closest friend at Hogwarts. Both tended to be devoted on their research and while Jamie was a bit more friendly and outgoing towards others, she was always there when he needed her. Especially when he was deep in research. And he was the same way with her. It was a strange combination that just worked for them. He smiled at her as he looked her over, "you look great, glad you came." He didn't hide his fondness for his friends. It was just the way Jamie was.

As he popped a few more sweets into his mouth he watched as more and more students filled the hall. Hearing the comment Liz made about this better being worth is. Shaking his head a bit he did understand. He really would rather be back in the library decoding that book. So he wanted this to be a fun night, especially if he decided to come here instead of his work. "I can never hid things from you it seems" He mused sightly lightly before tilting his head to her. "Something might have caught my attention in the library, I couldn't help myself" he said giving a small sad laugh. Sometimes he did wish he didn't love his research into ancient magic, this hadn't been the first time he would have had missed events because of his research. Hell he even missed a date once because of it. "What were you plans if not this?" he asked curiously as he continued to eat the sweets of the table.

Corridors, The Great Hall: ♞ L o c a t i o n
Liz :♞ W h o ' s H e r e
Pretty Calm, Jittery, Distracted : ♞ F e e l i n g

Pretty Nice : ♞ Looking

User Image
User Image

location: the great hallxxxcompany: heloise lutzxxxoutfit: all dolled up

Isabella Isabella noticed the room start to fill up. Her eyes caught Travers and Dirk as they entered the great hall. It would have been nice to have a date, to have Travers at her arm, but at the same time she didn’t mind going stag at all. There was more freedom to enjoy herself. Dance will all the cute blokes without any attachment to just one. She brought her attention back to her company when Heloise commented on her dress. “Thank you! Oh please, call me Izzy, everyone does!” she realized Heloise kept calling her Isabella.

It was just too formal, she didn’t like it. Not even her parents called her that. When she mentioned that she didn’t have a date, she felt a little relieved knowing that she wasn’t the only one with a date. She gave Heloise a smile. “Well, I’m sure all the boys will go gaga over you in that dress and wish they asked you to be their date!” She finally took a seat beside her. Her dark brown eyes scanning the room. Her eyes landed on Travers and shifted to Dirk and gave a playful wink. She wanted to show both of them that she was definitely interested. If no one managed to snag her by the end of the night, she was definitely more than willing to end the night with either of them. Did she have a preference? Not really. It was more like whoever beat the other to the punch first.

She wanted to keep her options open. She turned her attention back to Heloise. “I’m sure you’ll get ask to dance! Don’t even worry about it hun!” Her eyes wandered towards Avery Cassadine who finally made his way into the great hall. He was supposed to be going with Racy tonight, but he was alone. Was she still getting ready? Or did he get stood up? Oh the poor bloke. If he wasn’t so awkward she would have made a pass at him. He was Russian royalty after all, but there were too many turnoffs.

Anxious Roisterer

User Image

{{ooc: outfit in the gif! Also, TW: I'm not even sure what to label this. Disordered eating? That's part of it. There's also needles. Marilyn is a pretty dysfunctional character. As a final word do not try this at home. I haven't researched it and you'd probably die.}}

Marilyn finished touching up her makeup in the vanity and stood, her head spinning at the movement. She'd foregone lunch and dinner to look presentable in her dress at the expense of her comfort and her ability to carry herself without getting fatigued, but to her this was a small price to pay.

Quite a few of her roommates were drinking to excess in preparation for the ball, but she was a bit more cautious. Butterbeer was definitely out for her and even mixed drinks made her take a step back. She'd worked pretty hard on her silhouette and didn't want to jeopardize all her efforts on a drink. Luckily, she was researched enough and knew how to get herself drunk without pouring any volume of liquor directly into her precariously flat stomach.

While the other girls chattered and drank she pulled a syringe out of her vanity drawer and injected just a small, small bit of pure ethanol right into a vein.

In a few minutes she thought that ought to do her. She was careful not to overkill it with the dosage. Her father was a Healer, after all. She knew the human body's limits even if she sometimes ignored them, but then she was prideful, not suicidal.

Pre-gamed and ready to go she headed down to the common room. A bit of gossip was going around particularly about Lise, so she took her opportunity to fan the flames. "She's into, you know."

"You don't say! Well that certainly would explain Selwyn...you don't think that could really be it though..."

She swallowed a lump in her throat as the guilt ate at her. Lise was her friend...but a friend who had something she wanted. What was the big deal anyways, right? Marilyn could be twice the lover Lise could be to Phil. At the end of the day everyone ought to thank her for her efforts.

She met Liesel, Reese, Carmen and the lot of them outside the dungeons. "Waiting on your dates then?" she said, with a particular glance at Liesel. She took the girl's arm and said, "That Kutner's a lucky man, Lise. If he doesn't treat you right I swear..."

User Image

Married Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
User Image

D A F F O D I L A S T E R I A M A R J O R I B A N K S
// 'cause there's a world outside with //
// injustice and music and july, july //
// with history's arc, with your family, with art //
// but it don't mean nothing-- //
// not to you, not tonight //

S E V E N T E E N H U F F L E P U F FN E U T R A L
// location: Gala //
// talking to: No one //
// wearing: whispers of blue //

User Image

For once, Daffodil was looking forward to a huge party for reasons beyond the alcohol and drugs she'd find there. Her mother had sent her a special package in the mail the week before when she'd written home about the upcoming gala. It wasn't very often that she received mail from her parents--they were often too far gone to remember much about her, it seemed--but when she did, she knew it would be special. Perhaps her mother was ashamed to send her gifts because she didn't have as much money as other families at Hogwarts. Whatever she would have sent, it would have been something they scraped quite a bit of money together to send to her.

Her anticipation built over the week before the gala. Daffodil refused to open the package beforehand, worrying that it might ruin the surprise. But now the day had finally come, and she was ready to see what treasures awaited her under the brown paper and string. She waited until most of the girls had left, wanting as much time alone as she could spare to enjoy the moment. She hadn't bothered to get dressed today--she didn't really want any breakfast or lunch and preferred to stay in, wrapped up in her cozy robe. She'd spent most of her time fixing her hair while the other girls got dressed, content with loose, big curls that floated over her shoulders. Her makeup was a simple nude look, which she much preferred to big lashes and red lips.

Finally, it was time. A silence settled in the room as she ceremoniously untied the string and opened the package gingerly. Underneath the brown paper was a white, rectangular box. She lifted off the top and gasped as she saw the beautiful blue dress within, pulling back the sheer tissue paper which protected it. Daffodil took the dress out of the box and draped it over the front of her body, looking at herself in the mirror with a huge grin. It was perfect.

A note was still in the package, amongst some accessories. Draping the dress over her arm, she read it softly aloud: "'Darling Daffodil, Your dad and I wanted to make sure you had something nice for the Gala. We hope you like it. Blue is an in color this year and the white trim reminded us of your pearly smile.'" Daffodil couldn't help but grin. That was just like her parents--spinning poetic over some silly detail that didn't matter much. She finished reading the card: "'P.S. - Please don't wear that tattered hat. We know you love it, but you'll only ruin the beauty of this dress!'"

Of course, she was going to ignore that advice. She couldn't possibly leave behind her favorite accessory.

It didn't take long for her to get dressed, seeing as she'd been prepared for it all the early evening. She slipped into the beautiful blue dress easily, admiring her silhouette in the mirror. She donned a pearl necklace her grandmother had gifted her when she first left for Hogwarts, which matched perfectly with the Chanel earrings her mother included in the box. She completed her outfit with rosy nude heels and a rose gold bangle, tying in the look perfectly. She had one final touch: her perfume, Joy by Jean Patou.

She stopped to admire herself in the mirror, and gave her reflection a toothy smile. Her mother truly went all-out for this gala outfit, and Daffodil hoped she did it justice. It wasn't that her mother didn't dote on her or didn't care about her . . . she just very often forgot to reach out to her. It was difficult to repair her relationship with her mother. Daffy knew that she cared about her, but it was also her fault that she spent all those summers at the Dolohov manor . . .

Her mother couldn't have known. Or could she? She did send Daffodil to St. Mungo's when she saw the bruised cheek from Antonin's sharp hand. Her mother had no idea the cause of it, but she surely expected something. Apparently, Mrs. Dolohov and Mrs. Marjoribanks had been friends, and that is why she sent Daffodil to the manor during breaks when she and her father were busy with work and friends. There must have been something about Antonin's behavior that made her suspect the worst at the sign of injury . . .

Daffodil's time at St. Mungo's had been terrifying. She was only in her fourth year and she didn't know how to deal with all the questions and prying. All she knew was one thing: she couldn't tell the truth. She wouldn't let Liesel down like that. So she lied and said she hit the stair railing when she and Liesel had been running throughout the manor. It sounded believable enough . . . she was released in only a few days, and her mother felt relieved enough to send her back into Antonin's clutches.

But that was in the past. She couldn't let those memories cloud her enjoyment of the gala. And if they creeped up again, well, that's what Devil's Snare was for.

She adjusted her hair one last time before securing her tattered witch's hat upon her head, content with her outfit. Daffodil grabbed a white clutch, checking to make sure a flask was within it as well as her wand and a few drugs she'd been wanting to try. The voluptuous Hufflepuff scurried out the door and toward the Great Hall, excited for the night's festivities. She didn't have a date; no one had dared asked her. Ivan Travers, however, had asked her to save a dance.

I'll have to think about it, she'd replied to him with a grin.

Her relationship with Travers was casual and flirtatious. She enjoyed the attention, but she knew it would never be something serious. He wasn't like that. And, besides, Daffodil wasn't worth anything like that. She never would be. Too much baggage. She'd come to accept that over the years, and was just content to receive any sort of attention, especially in a sexual way.

She didn't like to think about it too much. That's what the drugs were for.

The gala hadn't quite picked up yet, but people were trickling in, slowly but surely. She stood among the droves of girls in blue dresses, feeling lost, but strangely secure.
User Image

'Yes! He said yes!'

That's all Tori could think of when Dom agreed to go with her to the gala. She squealed with joy and wrapped her arms tightly around him. "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! I promise you won't regret this!" She was beyond excited about this, now that she actually had a date. Normally she wouldn't care about dances or dates or any of that s**t, but it was time for a change. It was time for her to try to break out of that shell that she had clasped around herself. That didn't mean breaking rules or anything along those lines, that was still a big no-no.

"I just know you'll love my dress, Dom. Just wear a nude type of color or black. We'll match either way." Her dress was nude and fit tightly to her figure with black lace going all down the sides. It was quite beautiful. Her father sent her money for her to buy it. He was never good at fashion and her grandmother was well older and had much different taste of clothing that her, so she had to discover that part of her life on her own. Luckily she wasn't as awkward as she had been over the years. But she still held her title as a goodie two shoes. She never broke any rules and normally would keep to pretty much herself, but part of her was wanting to walk out of the shadows. "This is going to be our year Dom, I can feel it." With that said she gave him a quick friendly kiss on the cheek and exited the Great Hall.

- - - TIME SKIP - - -

Tori glanced at herself in the mirror for about the hundredth time this evening. She couldn't stop staring at herself, not out of vanity or anything, but because she never knew that she could look like this before. This was probably the most revealing piece of clothing that she owned and she didn't know whether to feel embarrassed that she was showing skin or feel free to show herself off. It was a win lose battle that she was fighting within herself. It was almost time for the gala that Professor Riddle was throwing and her nerves were getting worse by the minute. 'You'll be fine Tor, just calm down and keep yourself together.' She kept repeating those words in her head. Tori glanced in the mirror once more to make sure that everything looked perfect. She had used a coloring charm that she had found back in her fifth year to create light brown streaks in her blond hair. Her lips stuck out the most to her since she had applied ruby red lipstick. This was definitely a change for the young Hufflepuff. Tori took a deep breath and walked down the stairs to the Hufflepuff common room and out the door to meet up with Dom.

OOC: This is Tori's dress. here . I have Oly's post halfway done and Cam will be posted sometime
                                                    tomorrow as well.For now I'm going to bed. Goodnight everyone!

Anxious Roisterer

User Image

Blue seemed to be the in color this season. Maybe it was because all the popular girls were wearing it or maybe it worked the other way around, but nevertheless, "I don't care."

Nobody had asked Racy and nobody was in the dormitory to hear her answer. Tori, Daffy and Isabella had already left for the gala and Reese was probably off to visit with the Slytherins. Racy would have joined her but she had a date to get ready for.

Sometimes she just got into these moods, where she could swear the shadows marked her every word. Call it a symptom of a lonely childhood.

But back to the topic of blue dresses: that was the trend but Racy had always gone aggressively against the grain. You could tell by the outlandish things she was always doing to her hair (it was naturally brown for the record), and tonight her dress sense was as off-par as always as she slipped into a figure-hugging pink gown with a neckline that plunged daringly low leaving scandalously little to the imagination.

Pureblood high society would have a field day tearing her apart but she'd let them. They were never going to let her be the perfect angel they could come to accept.

She was never going to be dear, departed Charlotte.

So she might as well be the misfit they demanded.

And yet she could never bring herself to begrudge good ol' Charly.

Everyone thought people called her Racy because of what a slut she was. (They made puns on "Whore-acia" too.) But really, Racy was the pet-name her sister used to call her, y'know, before the Dementors ate her.

Dressed and ready to go, she made for the Great Hall, tripping a bit on her train, okay, maybe that last hit of Devil's Snare had been a bad idea, but it wasn't like she was falling down or anything.

She spotted Avery all on his lonesome, looking dashing as ever but out of place. "Well, good evening!" she said enthusiastically as she walked up to him. She didn't glide gracefully across the floor like some of the other girls, but she was sure he wouldn't be too judgmental of her for it.

She took her hand and spun herself under his arm to hold herself against him so the only thing separating her arse from his crotch were the layers of his clothing and the fabric of her dress--she didn't usually wear underwear to these things. "Hope I didn't keep you waiting..."

Sure he was a little awkward, but Racy was quite outgoing enough for the both of them, yes?

{{ooc: outfit in the middle gif!}}

User Image User Image User Image

Anxious Roisterer

User Image

"Creighton I simply can't believe this slipped your mind," said Hilaeira as she was getting ready in front of the vanity. "Why, I wouldn't have even known about this party unless I'd stumbled upon the invitation on the counter this morning. So little time to prepare! You silly man...if it were up to you we would be spending all our evenings at home alone, and bored."

She'd been delighted to learn just hours ago that Hogwarts was hosting a ball. If only they'd done things like this back in her day! The closest they ever got was Slug Club, and of course Hilaeira's own parties in the Slytherin dungeons.

Oh, well now she was getting all nostalgic!

"Remember when we went to school?" she mused wistfully, between strokes of her mascara wand and daubs of rouge on her cheeks. "I was just as crazy about you as I always have been...but back then I was just falling all over myself and you would never even give me the time of day! Always hanging around with that Sandra Joycelyn and Perry Pettigrew...fool of a boy," she rambled on. Nothing against her husband's former House, but there was a point where Gryffindor bravery bled over into stupidity. "Why, he would have run off to World War Two, got himself killed, if Patience hadn't had the quick wits to fake a pregnancy." That, by the way, had fooled absolutely nobody except for Perry, but the lad had been as gullible as a cocker spaniel and Patience did have the figure to fake that sort of thing.

And as for Hilaeira, why, she had been Queen of Slytherin in her heyday. Together with Eileen, Marcia and Ariadne, she perched happily atop the social pyramid...

Ariadne.

They hadn't properly spoken for years before Ariadne died, and Hilaeira had missed her funeral.

"Well come on then, we'll be late!" She put her jewelry on, asked her husband to, "Zip me up?" and, finally ready, she Apparated the both of them to Hogsmeade.

The walk to the school was familiar. Hilaeira enjoyed it for its comfort even if the ground was a little damp beneath her high heels.

"Isn't this lovely?" she said when they arrived at the Great Hall. The staff had gone all out, and the whole place looked like a dream.

She glanced across the crowd, wondering if she might catch a glimpse of her son. Well, her sons now; she and Creighton had practically adopted Sirius Black. The two of them reminded her so much of herself at that age...

She was close to James, much closer than he and Creighton were and closer than she'd ever intended to be. When she first learned she was pregnant her heart sank, but she hid her fears from the world and enthusiastically planned, along with her husband, to welcome a new Potter into the world. "I like the name Sarah for a girl, and if it's a boy...James," she remembered saying, because she'd had enough of this funny name business from both their sides of the family.

When James was born Hilaeira sobbed, but convinced everyone around her that she was crying tears of joy when secretly, she worried that she wouldn't live to see her son's seventeenth birthday--you see, her days were numbered.

What she was really hoping for tonight was to see this girl Lily that James was always prattling on about. He talked endlessly of her with Hilaeira over the summers and she was always happy to offer him sagely advice on how to thwart the competition--well, okay, mostly she just told him to pull humiliating pranks on his romantic competition the way she used to do when she and Sandra were both vying for Creighton.

She'd never actually seen the girl though, even in a photograph, and if she didn't have much time left she wanted to look upon the young lady who had captured his son's heart.

Call it her last wish.

Her moment of reserved nostalgia was cut short when she caught sight of a familiar, but not pleasantly so, face in the crowd. "Oh, Merlin...what is Tom Riddle doing here?" she seethed.

User Image
User Image

"Smith! You bloody t**t I will castrate you to hell, mark my words!"

The damn Slytherin was up to it again, only this time he tried unzipping the back of her gown,which was quite beautiful by the way. It was a deep burgundy gown with embellishment at the top. She stormed into the Great Hall. There were quite a few people there already, she saw Heloise and Isabella sitting by themselves. She made a quick stop at the drink table and helped herself to a glass of what she knew was spiked punch. She took a sip and it very clearly was spiked, but it was still good. Oly was always able to handle her alcohol, except when it came down to drinking Fireball shots. Those sneaky bastards had their way of giving you hell the next morning. She downed the drink and grabbed two more glasses, one for Heloise and Isabella. They needed to take a load off anyways, they were as dateless as her and they needed to let loose.

Olyvia walked over to the table that Heloise and Isabella were sitting and plopped the two glasses in front of them onto the table. "Here you go ladies, you both look quite ravishing tonight if I do say so myself." She said with a wink. Oly always played around when she got an ounce of liquor in her. She sat down next to Heloise and glanced around the room. Travers was looking quite handsome and so was Dirk Cresswell. She smiled towards both of them. "So ladies, have your eyes on anyone tonight? If I could multiply the amount of eyes I have, I so would because there are quite a few men here that are just so damn sexy." She moved from Travers and Dirk to Jamie Campbell. He was quite the charmer as well, but not exactly her type.

Her eyes settled on Alecto, she hoped that the b***h of Slytherin could feel the daggers that she was mentally sending her from across the Great Hall. Oly had high suspicions that she was involved in the prank towards Gryffindor recently. Her blood began boiling just thinking about it. She glanced around for Sirius, James or Peter, but neither of the lot were to be found. Her fingers began tapping the table with annoyance, should she wait for them or confront her on her own? Oly turned her attention back to Heloise and Izzy.

OOC: This is what Oly's dress looks like. here

User Image

Tipsy Tycoon

10,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

User Image

Engaged. It wasn't really that much of a weight on Chris' shoulders. At this point in his life, he didn't remember not being engaged. His was one of those families, the kind obsessed with money and blood, who would gladly marry you off to the first taker with a good enough reputation, because Merlin knew the world was running out of Pureblood families.

But being engaged to somebody he actually liked...well, that was something new for Chris.

His parents had initially betrothed him to a girl named Sophia. She was in his year, and, despite being in his House, was unclever, plain, and generally uninteresting. So he fooled around here and there, even had a fling with Liesel Dolohov for a couple of months in fourth year...

And then he got to know Tiffany Montague.

In a word, she was a godsend. Her dark sense of humor, her adventurous nature and proclivity towards the depraved..she was made for him.

And a respectable Pureblood, too.

His parents didn't ask too many questions when Sophia mysteriously disappeared. Occasionally, it weighed on him now he'd had a hand in her death--not because he was sorry to see her gone; he was just worried about getting caught. But his parents had raised no objection when he brought Tiffany before them as a replacement, so for now...no harm done?

He was sauntering to the dungeons to wait for her when he ran across a gaggle of girls--mostly Slytherins, but Carmen and Reese had found their way amongst them. Chris would be the last to complain, though.

He caught a few snatches of conversation: here, Liesel gave Marilyn Dover a small shake of her head and said, "Oh, no, Liebling, I'm the lucky one," and there, Kiera Greyback glanced shyly to the ground and told Carmen Candese, "Oh, th-thanks...it looks better on you, though..."

"Ladies. Anyone seen Tiffany around?"

A few of the girls tittered. Liesel muttered something to Kiera. His gaze locked on her.

"My liege," he addressed her, a note of sarcasm slipping into his voice. "What's this I hear about you taking my roommate to the gala?"

"You've heard correct," she said with a distinct slur to her voice.

"A half-blood, Liesel, really? My, how your standards have fallen."

"Have they, now?" She scoffed. "Spare me your you could have had the world Scheisse. You want the truth? I felt sorry for you."

Anyone else might have believed her. When she'd taken up with him, he'd been knocked off his feet, hospitalized and confined to bed in the long term by a bad blow from Travers' Beater bat.

But Liesel was a pitiless creature. Hell, she'd thrown him into the Black Lake over not so much as a bit of snogging and groping. And yeah, she'd said nein, but girls played hard to get, how was a bloke supposed to know for sure?

"I think you and I both know the real reason you came around," he said.

She took a drunken step forward, graceful even in her stupor, and grabbed him by the cravat.

"Oi!"

"Oh, I think we both do, but we're both too ashamed to admit it." she murmured.

"And what's that supposed to mean, li'l darlin'?"

She shoved him a pace back with the most mysterious smirk on her face. "Absolutely nothing," she drawled, and perhaps he knew exactly what she meant, but he didn't bother acknowledging it.

location: outside the dungeons with: the crowd
                                              User Image

▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ THE FREAKS HAVE COME OUT TONIGHT AND IT ALREADY HAS BEGUN ▇▇▇▇▇
                                THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WRONG AND RIGHT.

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
User Image

XXXXSandra JoycelynXXXXX

After the way the morning had started, Sandra really just wanted to crawl back into bed and stay there until next year. She couldn't do that though, not with the responsibilities that she carried as a teacher and confidant to the students that allowed her to be. She thought it was amazing that she even got through that breakfast with Tom, nevermind the rest of the day...if Sandra hadn't known any better, she would have guessed Tom had intentionally brought up the one thing she did not want to talk about.

Creighton.

She knew it couldn't be true though. Not many people knew about her past with Creighton, and sure he could assume since they were in the same year together and he would have seen her pine over Creighton Potter all those years, and their short romance together in school. Not many people knew what happened after. Almost no one knew how badly it ended...the only person she had felt safe enough to confide that much information in had been Perry. She had not spoke of it since, so her irrational fear of Tom Riddle knowing her past was just silly.

She was obsessing again, and she knew it. She had it under control and now it was back again, the pain, the worry over seeing him again. It was bad enough she saw his face in the crowd, or when she'd pass James, his son, in the halls and he'd laugh or move in a certain way that made her heart hurt just thinking about who his parents were...the little things hurt a lot.

But the thought of seeing him tonight hurt more.

If she could avoid it, she would have, but between her father requesting teachers to supervise and a few students having made sure to ask if she would be there...Sandra knew she had to make an appearance, and that much she would do. How long though? That was the question.

An hour tops... she told herself as she fixed her hair with her wand. Down. It always looked best down. A nice black dress, some makeup...not enough to hide the pain but enough to get through the night. One hour. You can make that much. She told herself one last time in her mirror before standing up and putting on her brave face before heading out the door.

You weren't sorted into Gryffindor for nothing. Sandra was brave enough to tell her stories when asked, to dream, and travel. She was brave enough to stand up to those who had trouble defending themselves, or just needed a little help...but something like this. She needed to be reminded of how brave she was.

Making her way down to the hall where the party was being held. A few students had arrived, though it was just beginning so most would be making their way soon. The earlier she got here, the earlier she could leave though. That was her logic.

One. Hour.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out