Welcome to Gaia! ::

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

WE'RE BURNING DOWN THE HIGHWAY SKYLINE ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ { ON THE BACK OF A HURRICANE THAT STARTED TURNING WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG }

This gala felt inherently wrong; everything about it, down to the shady nature of it's reason, was wrong. It was probably most wrong that she attended, but as Head Girl, it was her duty to attend social functions such as these, even though her blood didn't claim to be as pure as those this party was obviously intended to be an homage to. Everyone had danced around the subject of it, claiming that it was simply a throwback to simple days of old, but there was tension there for those who were smart enough to recognize the meaning of the days of old--especially since they weren't really all that old, all things considered. This unwavering sense of blood-superiority bled out of the prideful smiles who boasted the gala's plannning; Lily Evans was smart enough to catch that.

She didn't bring a date because she didn't want to be seen as finding things like this acceptable. She was frankly upset that Dumbledore let it slip through the cracks, and she'd expressed her opinion on more than one occasion just to have it dismissed in a philosophical manner that only managed to annoy her worse. Lily, had, however, accepted the dress her mother sent her, and after making a few personal alterations, the blue-gray silk fit just to her liking, sitting comfortably against her curves as she rocked back and forth impatiently from the sidelines. The cup of punch in her hand went untouched, little blobs of sorbet melting slowly at the top of the fizzy drink.

All of the awkward children floating around fixing each other drinks and holding sweaty hands almost made her consider it might make for an uneventful night after all. There was a copious amount of adults in attendance, mainly those she didn't know, and from the looks of it, those she didn't really want to involve herself with anyways. Sam had plans of her own for the night, and Lily didn't doubt she'd drift over to her before the end of the night, even if it was only to joke about clingy Potter and his rag-tag band of ruffians that followed him, nipping at his heels like eager little puppies while they waited for his next "brilliant" idea. Those ideas usually ended up horribly, anyhow.

Just like they had with Sev.

She sighed and set her cup down on the table next to her, folding her arms as she scanned over the growing crowd one more time. "Save room for Merlin, you two." She pursed her lips at a slow dancing couple, raising an eyebrow until they stepped away from each other. It would be a long night.

and sometimes you close your eyes and you see the place you used to live
                ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇
                when you were young...

User Image

Tipsy Tycoon

10,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

User Image

TW: implied CSA.

"I wasn't expecting to see you here," said Liesel. Her smile was on point--Antonin would bet she'd practiced it in front of a mirror. However genuinely she seemed to radiate with warmth and familial love, he knew she was acting. She used to be a sweet, loving child. At just nine, she used to sit in his lip and hold his hand when the grief over her mother got so bad that he could scarcely lift a quill to the papers he brought home from work.

But the passing years had turned her into a cold, cruel ingrate who spewed snark the second he released her from his Imperius. And yet, he loved her still, even as he waited out this horrible phase of hers.

"Tom--excuse me, Professor Riddle--was gracious enough to invite a few alumni. Horace's old favorites, mostly. Of course, when I heard the news, I was delighted to come. A father should be there to watch his daughter shine at events like this."

"Of course," she replied seamlessly.

"That dress looks lovely on you, mein Mausi," he said. My little mouse, he called her. In truth, that dress looked horrible on her. She was drowning in it. He'd sent her a dress for this event that did her much more justice, an off-the-shoulder silk gown with a slit up the thigh. "I did send along the green one--"

"I know, Vati, and it's lovely, but...you're going to think this is silly. I wore this one for my date."

"Has he seen the other one?" Antonin put on a joking smirk. "A pleasure, as always, Mr. Kutner." It wasn't, but he couldn't let on as much.

He knew the kid through Veramine--his mistress, many years ago. He'd gone to support her at a party, some sort of Quidditch-related thing, and when he turned his back, his five-year-old daughter had scampered off with the son of one of Vera's rivals, some Muggle-loving fool who played for British national, and since then, the two had been inseparable.

He never liked his Liesel associating with half-bloods, but they were in public. He had to act cordial. "I didn't know you and my daughter--"

"That's because Phillip and I are a fairly recent development," Liesel supplied. "Spur of the moment this morning, in fact."

"I see." That would explain a lot. In the past, she'd been all too eager to write home about each of her new beaus. It wasn't uncommon for her to send photographs, force him to look at her all wrapped around whatever fat leech she'd picked up this time. She'd never seemed romantic with Kutner in the past--most of the reason why Antonin tolerated the boy in the house was that Liesel seemed so disinterested. What was it that the kids were calling it these days? The friend zone? He wondered what had suddenly changed her mind.

Perhaps she had just exhausted all her other options? Liesel was such a little slut.

"But I shan't keep you from catching up with your old school friends, Vati. Phillip, take me for a drink! And while we're at it, I am just dying for a cigarette!"

She dragged her date off, and Antonin shook his head.

His gaze landed next on a most unlikely girl. Daffodil Marjoribanks was standing alone on the floor. He never used to think much about her--her mother was a friend of Ariadne's and he had never cared much for Ariadne's friends. (Come to think of it, he'd never cared for much of anyone.) Nevertheless, when the woman asked him if she could dump her lump of a girl on his doorstep during the summertimes, he'd waved her off with a yes as a courtesy to his dead wife. He gave the girl a spare room and for the first couple of summers, ignored her--Liesel kept her entertained, when Antonin wasn't in need of her.

That was before he found out about her little gift with transformation.

He'd told himself he wasn't going to act on his urges, but that had lasted all of a day before he broke--it was too enticing, getting to have two little Ariadnes to himself. Any man would have done the same, really.

"Miss Marjoribanks." He came up to her and greeted her with a smile heavy with implications. "It's certainly lovely to see you here. Enjoying the festivities?" He poured himself a glass of whatever they were serving at the table beside him and raised it in salute.

He waited to see her reaction, see whether the tips of her hair would lighten up the way they so often did at the sight of him. It made him feel kind of powerful, knowing he could freeze her up like this. If there was one reason why Daffodil was, in a sense, preferable to Liesel, it was that he could actually get what he wanted out of Daffodil. Liesel withheld that which he needed most from her--her love--but he was content enough with Daffodil's fear. It made him nostalgic about his late wife.

Before the conversation could carry on much further, Ivan Travers came out of the crowd, bounded up to the girl and took her arm. "Hey, doll! Been looking all over for you! Say, what're you doing talking to this old coot?" He laughed. "Don't worry, don't worry, I know the b*****d. Hey Mr. Dolohov. Anyway, c'mon, let's have a dance."

Antonin smiled tightly and redirected every bit of his self-control into not hexing Travers into oblivion. Knew the b*****d...ha! Travers was among the rabble that Liesel surrounded herself with, much to Antonin's dismay. She ought to have been focusing on making prominent, Pureblood connections, but instead, she took up with half-bloods, Mudbloods, the poor, the destitute, and seriously, what the ******** was with all the fat kids?

location: the Great Hall with: Daffodil
                                              User Image

▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ IT'S BEEN THREE YEARS SINCE YOU'VE SEEN THE SUNLIGHT BUT I KNOW YOU'RE HAVING FUN ▇▇▇▇▇
                                BOUND, GAGGED, AND CHAINED UP IN MY BASEMENT.

Married Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
User Image

D A F F O D I L A S T E R I A M A R J O R I B A N K S
// 'cause there's a world outside with //
// injustice and music and july, july //
// with history's arc, with your family, with art //
// but it don't mean nothing-- //
// not to you, not tonight //

S E V E N T E E N H U F F L E P U F FN E U T R A L
// location: Gala //
// talking to: Antonin, Travers //

User Image

Daffodil felt so at ease in the midst of the gala. Girls were gossiping and complimenting each others dresses, boys were jeering at each other, and professors looked like they were observing it all with a bit of nostalgia. She felt content to be alone, for the first time in a long time, soaking all of it in.

It wasn't often that Daffodil could so easily melt into a crowd like this. She was very sensitive to others' emotions--probably another side effect of all her mom's magical drug use, no doubt--and picked up on negative feelings so easily. But a place like this, where everyone got to dress to the nines and enjoy each other's company, was much preferable to a party where she'd have to drink herself into a near coma just to be able to have fun. She took a deep breath, relaxing and closing her eyes for just a moment to let the filling soak through her, filling her to her shoulders and all the way down to the tips of her fingers . . .

Miss Marjoribanks.

The voice made her freeze. For a brief moment, she wasn't sure if it was just one of the thoughts that so often creeped across her mind, like a small reminder: Hey, you're ******** up. Don't ever forget that. She opened her eyes slowly, not wanting to break the illusion she had crafted before the solidity of form would confirm her suspicions.

"Mr. Dolohov," she greeted dutifully, putting on her best smile. It wasn't as genuine as Liesel's everything is perfect and our family is the best smile, but it was getting there. She hadn't had the years to practice it like the slim Slytherin girl had.

A weight sunk from her heart to her stomach when she realized that it was happening again. Every time she saw him . . . every time . . . her hair went blonde at the tips and her eyes flashed blue. She couldn't help it. It disgusted her. She couldn't control her metamorphmagus abilities on her own, but there was Antonin, making those decisions for her. That was what he was best at, anyway: control.

She scarcely had time to reply to him beyond the greeting before Travers whisked her away. Her mind was in a tizzy. Don't notice, don't ******** say anything, please don't notice, it will go away soon, I promise was a constant apologetic stream in her mind. She did her best to keep the smile on her face, but within, she felt the beginnings of panic.

Don't notice . . . don't notice . . . ********, I'll make it go away soon, it will be fine, I promise, just don't notice for five more seconds . . .

Daffodil was weak. No one would be surprised to know that.

"Having fun at the gala, Travers?" she asked, feebly attempting to sound happy again. She just needed a moment to catch her breath. Then it would all be okay.

At least, that's what she told herself.

Her hair was darkening once more, but a much lighter brown than the rest of her hair. One eye was blue, one was brown. She couldn't tell, but she could feel that one of them was wrong--that one wasn't like it was supposed to be. It's not like she could trick herself into forgetting that he was in the same room as her.

She took Travers's hands in hers and grinned. "Merlin, I need a drink," she laughed, "Please tell me you brought something good."

And don't notice. Whatever you do, please don't notice.

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

DON'T YOU TELL ME TO DENY ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ { THAT I'VE DONE WRONG AND I'M GONNA SUFFER FOR MY SINS }

Carmen beamed widely at Rabastan's compliments, though it was hardly the sweetness of his words that broguht a smile to her face. Rather, it was the way Amycus' eyes met hers, her silent victory wrought only in the slight tugging at the corner of her mouth, which she managed to suppress only in time to mesh her fingers with Rabastan's. "It's suffice to say that any of the breath I've stolen you've wasted on me, because I lost it on you, as well, mon bebe." She swept a finger affectionately under his chin and pressed cherry red lips to the tip of his nose in a chaste kiss.

Kimberly was the next to join them, much to the behest of Carmen. "Well," and a nod of her head was all she had to offer; from the pain apparent in those eyes of hers, Carmen had very well won this battle, too. Amycus was slipping, conceding the truth in all of his uncharacteristic forgetfulness. It didn't hurt Carmen to play the game any longer. "I'm ready if you are, mon chere. Lead the way, Rabs." It was no small accident that the end of her train brushed Amycus' shoes as she passed by. She wanted him to know the warmth of the skin without even touching her; it would haunt him. She wanted to be the ghost in his dreams tonight, while he was busy dancing with Kimberly.

For now, she had Rabastan, and he'd just have to do.

"I'm sorry if embarrassed you this morning," She apologized, pouting slightly as she leaned into his arm. "I just can't stand that awful wretch. She was souring everything! I just wanted you to know how I felt..." Her smile was contagious. "You do believe me, don't you, Rabastan? You're the only man for me." Lie after lie, sweet words anyone could believe out of a Veela's mouth. It was all in her charm. "I just hope you could feel the same about me."

and i need to be redeemed to the one i've sinned against
                because he's all I ever knew of love

location: ravenclaw tower >>> outside the dungeons company: bad bitches crew outfit gala
                User Image

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
User Image
XXXPrudence McKayla BakerXXXXXX

The idea of walking those halls again made Billie's stomach turn. Did she want to return to the school for a party that she was supposed to be...what? Reporting on? No, she didn't...but when the Dark Lord said, jump, you didn't ask how high, you pretended to know how high and hoped you got it right otherwise it spelled trouble. So when her master called arms to the school for this party...Billie had no choice but to go. She knew her step-father would be there as well as a few other familiar faces but the only person that made this whole thing even possible for her to stand was being able to see Liesel, Maksim, and Ophelia. Though she had a feeling Liesel would be the most social since she was in her seventh year after all.

Billie wore a dress she had gotten a while ago, blue, with one shoulder, that came down to her knee's. It was formal, but professional at the same time. Not wanting to go too crazy since she was just a guest at the school after all and all she was supposed to be doing was observing...nothing more, she'd come in, stay for a while, and wait for her permission to leave. It should have been simple...

Until she walked in and saw something that made her heart stop. Garrett was there. He was the last person she wanted to see.

Avoiding his gaze, not even sure if he had seen her walk in, Billie inched her way across the room to the other side, scanning the crowd instead for any of her siblings. Trying not to think about the other task she had been given that she did not want to do.

"Miss. Dolohov!" Her boss had called out through the office as she looked up from the current article she had been working on. Her hair a mess and expression tired. Between working for the Daily Prophet and doing the Dark Lords wishes on her down time...Billie was not allowed much sleep.

"Yes?" She asked her boss, eyes meeting his as she stood up to wonder what it is he could want today.

"You were in Ravenclaw in school right? Graduated not that long ago?" He asked. She nodded. "Great, then you must have known Garrett Vauquelin!"

If she had been sitting she would have fallen out of her chair. "Y-yes, I did know him...I did...why do you ask." She said, this time her eyes looking at her desk. She wore the same cold expression she had anytime Garrett's name came up in her presences...and lately, that was often.

"Great! We have been hearing a lot about him with his work in the auror department and we want to run an article on him in one of the papers. We want someone who know's him though, someone who can get the real story and we saw you two graduated the same time so you'd be perfect to do the report! This could be you're big break Dolohov!"

Before she could even protest in the slightest her boss was already walking away...and Billie was left by her desk trying to hold herself together.

That had been two weeks ago, and Billie had yet to make any progress on scheduling any kind of meeting with Garrett. She had given excuse after excuse with her boss, something coming up, even going as far as calling out sick a day or two just to not have to be approached by him and asked how the report was coming. Lying and saying Garrett was too busy to answer her...anything like that but she knew eventually this had to happen. If she didn't approach him soon, her boss would and just set it up for her...she just wanted a little more time. It would be something she'd have to face eventually.

But not tonight if she could avoid it. Not here in the very same halls that she broke up with him in. Even though she was sure he had to have moved on by now.

Thankfully a distraction came soon enough as she saw her sister walking away from their stepfather with her childhood friend on her arm, and that was nice enough for Billie to get her to smile. "Liesel! Surprise!" she called out making her way over. "Oh sis, you look lovely! Phillip handsome as ever! Are the other two going to be joining this as well? I'd really like to see them while I'm here!"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
User Image

XXXXSandra JoycelynXXXXX

Out of all the students in the school she had to have his run into her right now..

"Woops, sorry Professor. You look lovely this evening!" James said as he brushed her shoulder, barely looking her way as he continued on his path towards his parents. "It's alright, James, so do you." she called out, letting him go, but he didn't hear. He had been distracted at that point by his mother and it caused the twinge in her heart to tighten once more as she watched the happy family from through the crowd of people that were starting to arrive. Good. The more people here, the easier it would be to avoid them.

Especially since the longer she stood there watching them, the faster she wished this one hour would go.

Tearing her eyes away before Creighton had looked her way, Sandra blinked back the sadness and looked on as a group came in together. Miss. Dolohov and her friends had passed with their dates and it looked like the Great hall was starting to fill up now with students. While she knew how ridiculous this party was, she couldn't help but hope at least some fun for the students would come from it.

It was only fair that someone enjoyed themselves at this party anyway. Not everyone should be as tortured as she felt right now because of Tom.

It was just so much, and she really was trying her best to be here...she was supposed too, she said she would and here she stood but even with her eyes not on that one family in the room...her thoughts where there. Her thoughts were with him, what could have been, what had been...it was just so much. It hurt.

And people told her in time it would get easier.

It didn't.

She thought as the room filled up that she would be okay. She tried to make her way around, saying hello to people here and there. Passing Miss. Evans as she stood on the side watching other students dance. The girl needed to get out there herself, Sandra thought, but Sandra...she needed to just get out.

By the time Sandra had made her way half way around the room, she needed air. Taking her leave out the door, she'd try again in a minute but she just wanted some fresh air. Passing Miss. Rymes as she made her own way into the dance, Sandra headed for the door to the grounds and opened it up, letting the cold air hit her in the face as she tried to take a deep breath in when it did.

User Image

Married Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
User Image

User Image
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It wasn't that Bastien wasn't enthusiastic about the gala. No, it was nothing like that. It was simply that the very fact that there was a gala would mean that all of these young broads would be dressed in their most revealing outfits, laughably thinking that they were being classy by showing such cleavage and pretending to be an adult.

It infuriated him.

There was nothing that no man could ever hate more than a tease. Women, they were all the same. Laughing and batting their eyes and saying their Oh, you are too kind! at every man who glances their way. Disgusting. Disgusting! Bastien loathed the display of arrogance and, most of all, the fact that what he wanted most might as well be on the other side of the earth.

Bastien was not the one to blame for falling for a young girl. That wasn't his fault at all. It was the way that she looked at him in all those classes, the way she pressed up against him when he helped her look at her tea leaves, the way she bent over to get her wand . . . she was a forbidden fruit. A delicious, tempting fruit, but forbidden all the same.

These thoughts ran through his brain as he tightened his tie up to the collar. His mind was racing; he was planning how he was going to get through yet another day of being next to the biggest enticement he'd ever encountered and still finding the strength to turn away. He couldn't put the Dark Lord's plan in danger like that. He was there to help infiltrate the school, to figure out the inner workings of the other side of society.

If he got caught with his hand up a sixth year's skirt, there'd be hell to pay, and the Dark Lord would probably see to it personally.

"Right, Bastien," he said under his breath, checking his outfit in the mirror in his bedroom in the Divination Tower, "Keep your mind on the greater good." It wasn't comforting, but it would do. He straightened his collar, shrugged on his dark green robes over his formal wear, and headed for the Great Hall.

The gala was teeming with the raging hormones of all the House's teenagers. He scowled almost immediately at the sight of girls complimenting each other and the boys gawking at them from afar. A disgusting display. Besides, none of those girls in all their blue glory would ever compare to--

Charity. His gaze softened as he finally laid eyes on her. She was a vision in white; a downright virginal sight. Her dress was modest yet classic, the fabric loose on her young skin yet not loose enough to hide the beautiful body encased within it . . . He couldn't look away.

He walked to the punch bowl slowly, taking a cup and filling it, taking small glances at the girl beside him. He'd watched her grow over the years as he'd been her teacher, and every time he saw her she looked more radiant and tempting than the last. But he would have to resist. He had to.

"Ah, Miss Spinks," he said casually, nodding toward her. "I was just going over your Divination assignment before I arrived here. Brilliant, as always."

Brilliant? He'd only reread it about twenty times.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
talking to: Charity

Aged Senshi

User Image
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Everyone seemed to have their dates, and barely took note of her, but Narcissa didn't mind. She was quite used to it in her family, being neither a standout nor an outcast. Her sisters were a prodigy and a mudblood's wife, and her cousins, a Death Eater and a mongrel. Staying out of the limelight had it's advantages. No one thought much of her beyond her status, but then again... no one thought much of her.

She made her way into the banquet hall. The room was filling rapidly with half-drunk students and chaperones who were apparently blind. How could they not notice? Maybe they didn't care. That seemed more likely. She moved to the refreshments, picking up a flute of butterbeer, sipping it as she moved towards the wall, leaving a red stain on the rim. She leaned back against the wall, observing the dance.

So many new couples. Some of them, she hadn't bothered to take note of before, but some had completely flown under her radar. How lovely for them. And of course, her cousin, with the Potters. Less than a year since Auntie Walburga had cast him out and burned his name from the family tree. She was forbidden from any association with him, with the exception of mockery. She didn't need to be told more than once. After all, she'd done it to her own sister.

The corner of her lips tilted down ever so slightly, and she took another sip of her drink. That one had hurt. She and Meda had been so close, and perhaps it hurt more now that Bella was gone, off fighting for the Dark Lord. She'd graduate next year, of course, and be free to visit Bella as often as she wished. Or as often as the Dark Lord permitted, more likely.

Yes, her time at Hogwarts was dwindling, and she had to think of her own future. These were turbulent times. And with Bella slowly going mad and seemingly oblivious to family matters, Regulus having no prospects outside of his service to the Dark Lord, the future of the Black family could very well rest on her.

...she had to stop being alone with her thoughts. It was a GALA. She needed some fun. Out of the corner of her eye, she caught sight of a flask barely peeking out of a fifth year's vest pocket. It couldn't hurt to have a little, and she knew her limits. With a soft wave of her hand and a mumble of "Accio flask", it shot towards her, and she caught it. She popped the cap, sniffing it. Her nose scrunched up. Vodka. But that would mix well with the butterbeer, so she poured it into her flute.

She smiled slightly. There. That was much better.

- - - - -

Interacting with: Some spiked butterbeer.

User Image

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
User Image

The party had started and Sam had done everything she could to avoid going down. Lily had left without her because of how long she was taking and Sam did not blame her. This was not her kind of thing, so she saw no reason to rush. Unfortunately she had ran out of reasons to stall...and found herself trying to walk down to the Great Hall in those blasted heals she borrowed from Lily.

Why do I even bother... She wondered, but then her thoughts went back to that kiss that happened between herself and Sirius and she knew why she was dragging herself down to this in a dress her mother (or really her mother's assistant) had sent her. It was a deep red, something Sam would not have picked out herself, with thin straps that still managed to expose her shoulders more than she normally would.

When Sam entered the Entrance Hall, she had started towards the party when Professor Joycelyn came out looking flustered. If Sam judged the party by the look on her face she would have turned right around then and gone back upstairs but she knew she couldn't. She'd never hear the end of it from Lily first off, and second...well she'd spend the rest of the night wondering 'what if' in the terms of Sirius Black.

Once inside, Sam's eyes scanned the room and saw Lily first standing off on her own. She didn't know what was worse, her wanting to stay upstairs and just ignore the whole thing, or Lily actually coming to this party but standing on the side like she'd rather be someplace else.

It was when she was walking across the room to Lily that she spotted Sirius standing with James and two older people she did not know, plus Professor Riddle. Her eyes lingered on his for a moment and she considered, only for a second, approaching him...deciding against it at the moment since she wasn't even sure if she wanted to come off as eager or curious about him.

Because she wasn't. Not in the least.

"Hey, sorry for holding you up before...though judging by the look on your face, I haven't missed much." Sam said as she walked over and stood by her side. "Got an eye on anyone to dance with tonight? I know that's more your thing than mine."

"I mean, might as well anyway..." Sam was only saying this to defend her own reasons for considering to dance with Sirius. She hadn't mentioned that part to Lily earlier, otherwise that might have explained her nervousness upstairs, but she wasn't sure about it herself yet enough to bring it up to Lily...

But just incase...at least now she had an excuse right?

User Image

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXXJames 'Prongs' PotterXXXXXXXXXXX
It's been a long day
And all I've got to say is make it strong
It's been a long day
And all I've got to say is I've been wrong

"Ah, sorry dad. Didn't think you'd care for a hug." he said with a grin.

It was no secret between the three of them that James got along with his mother more than his father. It wasn't anything personal...James couldn't even really tell you why if you asked. His father and him just did not always see eye to eye and it was something they accepted for one another. James was more like his mother personality wise and well...if his father loved his mother like he seemed too since they were married after all, then he had to love him too, right?

"There, oi Sirius! What did you leave the other two up there as well? Slowpokes." he teased while rolling his eyes.

James looked back at his father who had started asking them about their dates but something caught his attention. When James went to see where his father was looking, he did not see anything out of the ordinary, Professor Joycelyn had been standing that way a few moments before but now it was a bunch of students making their way into the Great Hall and around...Shaking his head he went to turn back to his parents when he spotted Sam...and he let his eyes follow her until, like he suspected, she lead him to Lily.

"Speaking of girls...yes, I do have a girl to get too, and there she is." James said as he ran his hand threw his hair again after pointing out Lily in the crowd. "That's her, that's Lily." and the grin on his face couldn't be wider.

"Would you excuse me, Sirius, Dad, Mum." he said before quickly heading in Lily's direction.

Walking past another student who had flowers in their hair, he couldn't help but pluck one from her...she had enough as it was, and continue to approach Lily from the side, until he could reach the flower, a rose of course since his options were limited, right under her nose. "A token for the lovely lady, in which my only request in return is possibly a dance? After all, since you were kind enough to avoid me this whole time and take away my only chance to ask you here officially as my date only so you could deny me verbally instead...the least you could do to make up for that is accept my offer and dance."

User Image
It's been a long week
And all the lines come down heavy on me
Its been a long week
I'm finally feeling like its okay to break

Tipsy Tycoon

10,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

User Image

"Suffice it to say, she is sensational in bed," Travers said, with a roll of his eyes at Dirk. He wouldn't drag this matter into a whole drawn-out fight over a subtle difference of opinion. If he were Liesel, he might have turned this conversation into a full-out political and/or scientific debate, but he wasn't quite so repressed, and didn't feel the need to justify his sexual choices with rhetoric. Liesel was ashamed of her preferences, for whatever reason. Travers was bisizual, if that was a word, and proud. He loved women, be they thin or plump, and if anyone had a problem with anyone he screwed, well then, they were the one with the problem.

He made nothing of the matter as the two of them made their way to the dance. "Well, off you get! Wouldn't want to keep the ladies waiting!" he said upon their arrival. In minutes' time, Dirk was sure to have a queue of girls lined up to talk to him. Travers, too, but he had his favorites.

At the top of his list was Marjoribanks, but he dared not admit it. Travers didn't do crushes, nor relationships, or the whole damn spiel. It was a ******** system, and he'd have no part of it.

But that didn't stop him from getting a little affronted when he spotted Daffy talking to Antonin Dolohov, and he was quick to step in at her side.

"That dress looks lovely on you, by the way, Miss Marjoribanks. I was happy to pitch in," said Dolohov, right before Travers dragged Daffy away.

Oh, so he'd paid for her dress? How charitable.

In all honesty, Travers thought Antonin Dolohov was a git. He was Liesel's dad, and as close as he was to the stuck-up, repressed German girl, he never could get behind her arse of a father. If the man was capable of going five minutes without saying something racist, he'd yet to prove as much.

"Well, Mr. Dolohov, hope y'don't mind if I borrow Daffy for the evening," he said, before dragging Daffy off. Slightly tipsy, his steps staggered a bit as he pulled her onto the dance floor. Huh! You're changing colors, doll," he remarked, watching as the tips of her hair alternated between brown and yellow and then back again. "Had a bit to drink without me, have you?"

location: the Great Hall with: Daffy
                                              User Image User Image User Image

▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ IF WE REALLY LOVE OURSELVES ▇▇▇▇▇
                                HOW DO YOU LOVE SOMEBODY ELSE?

Married Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
User Image

D A F F O D I L A S T E R I A M A R J O R I B A N K S
// 'cause there's a world outside with //
// injustice and music and july, july //
// with history's arc, with your family, with art //
// but it don't mean nothing-- //
// not to you, not tonight //

S E V E N T E E N H U F F L E P U F FN E U T R A L
// location: Gala //
// talking to: Travers //

User Image

He'd noticed.

Of course he had. It was ******** obvious. She'd been a fool to think he wouldn't have said something. Anyone with a brain would have commented. But the thing was, Daffodil wasn't thinking straight. Her head was spinning and that weight that sunk down into her stomach grew as heavy as a boulder.

What did Mr. Dolohov mean, saying he was happy to pitch in? Mum sent me this dress, said it matched my perfect pearly whites, she saved up for me, right? Right? Her thoughts were panicked and frantic. The comfort she'd felt earlier when she first arrived, feeling at ease and beautiful in her beautiful blue dress, suddenly dropped off the face of the planet. She felt naked, exposed, violated.

Antonin had that affect on people.

But what did he mean? Why would her parents have received money from him? What was going on, there? Were they . . . did they . . . Is he paying my parents to keep them quiet? No way. No! That didn't make any sense. Her parents weren't like that! Sure they often ignored her and let her do whatever she wanted and sure her mom took a careless amount of drugs while she was pregnant but hush money? Them? No! That was . . . that was inhuman!

Once again, the older Dolohov man had control of her thoughts once more. With one sentence, he'd sent her flying. And she had no control over it, whatsoever.

Daffodil leaned into Travers, the smell of alcohol on his breath a strange comfort. "You could say that," she responded, grinning at him. "But I could always do with another drink," Daffodil said firmly.

The fat Hufflepuff put her lips to Travers's ear, whispering gently: "I want you to get this dress off me as soon as possible."

So maybe she dealt with her emotions by ******** the first guy who looked her way. That was what she was there for, wasn't it?

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
User Image

Phillip sure knew how to clear a room because after he arrived everyone started up towards the great hall and it only took another second for Phillip to reach Liesel and his smile spread wide. "Oh, you know, she's about this tall, long beautifully blonde hair...kinda looks like... He teased glancing around at everyone before letting his eyes fall on her, "you."

He left the grin on his face to keep the conversation lite. He knew how Liesel was not the biggest fan of serious romance, and he did not want to make her any more uncomfortable than she might be feeling.

Just as they started on their way to the great hall, someone stopped Liesel and started on her for sleeping with Peter. Phillip just stood by silently, acting like he did not pay much attention to the conversation that had happened. He didn't care really, he was honest when he told her he was fine with it. Heck if she went and ran off with him or another guy tonight he wouldn't care. He knew she'd come back to him in the morning and that was fine with him.

He did startle for a moment when Liesel took his hand and he looked down at her. She was doing it to prove a point, and that was fine as well, but it surprised him still, making him smile just a little wider as they walked into the Great Hall together.

Once there, Phillip was going to offer to dance or get her a drink but Liesel took charge and lead them over to a familiar face, her father. "Mr. Dolohov, good to see you." Phillip said with a polite nod. Regardless of how much time Phillip had spent over Liesel's house or vice versa, he had barely gotten to know her father. Judging by the expression on his face, he was kind of glad for that though.

That was all Phillip said for that conversation, letting Liesel do the talking as he looked around and waited. When Liesel requested that they go do something besides standing here, he nodded in agreement. "Sure." and they were off again.

Not liking the silence between the two of them since they had gotten here, Phillip looked down at Liesel again and grinned. Just glad to be here with her. "You know...about before, when we were walking in and what that girl said about Pettigrew..." he dropped his voice so only she could here. "I mean I know him and he's a great guy...but I wouldn't say no to meeting him in private."

But before Liesel could answer, they were joined by someone else, Liesel's older sister Billie was here. "Hey! Good to see you!" he said honestly. He always liked Billie, she was a good sister...but he wished that before the end of the night Liesel and him would be able to have some kind of alone time on the dance floor or otherwise.

User Image

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

WE'RE BURNING DOWN THE HIGHWAY SKYLINE ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ { ON THE BACK OF A HURRICANE THAT STARTED TURNING WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG }

Lily jumped when Sam appeared at her side, laying a hand on her chest to settle the start in her heart. "Merlin, Sam!" She laughed, "You're so girly I almost didn't recognize you." She teased her gently, rocking to the side to bump Sam with her shoulder. "You look so pretty tonight. It'd be sin for you not to dance with someone tonight... and I know you want to dance with someone." Lily's eyes followed Sam's gaze to that of Sirius black, a knowing smirk spreading across her lips. She put her hands on her hip and took a step back. "Samantha Rhymes, if you don't dance with him before the night's up, I'll be upset. You two would be cute... y'know?"

When it came to her though? "No, I'm not dancing. On principal. You know why." She folded her arms. "Besides, I'm technically on duty. I've got to monitor behavior. Having fun means getting distracted, and getting distracted means bad things happen." Bad things like James Potter. Maybe she was a little more charmed by his grin than she'd like to admit, and maybe the way his hair fell messy on his head, like he didn't even care, was adorable, but adorable and charming didn't outweigh the fact that he was a downright nuisance. Why he'd been made Head Boy, she'd never know. She was the obvious choice; straight O student, never received a disciplinary infraction for anything. She was the perfect student. James Potter was her antithesis.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear. "Dammit," She said as he made his way towards them. "don't make eye contact. Maybe he'll go away."

It didn't work. He came bearing a flower that had been stolen off the head of a now-very-upset fourth year, making requests about dances when she'd implicitly told him the day earlier that she still wanted nothing to do with him, outside of her Head Girl duties. "And what, stealing from other girls is supposed to impress me, Potter?" She rolled her eyes as she waved her wand at the flower in her hand, sending it back to be set right in it's place. "Darn. Guess you don't have a token anymore, so I don't owe you anything. Maybe you should ask your friend Peter to dance with you instead."

and sometimes you close your eyes and you see the place you used to live
                when you were young...

User Image

Dangerous Phantom

User ImageUser Image

User Image

User Image
Jamie laughed lightly when she mentioned the love potion. She was right about that. He could very easily make a very potent love potion. It wasn’t that difficult if others were clever enough to figure out basic (well basic to him) potions then anyone could do it. But….”Why would I waste my time on that?” he chuckled shaking his head. Though he knew full well enough how to make a good love potion, there were much more important things he could do with his time. Doing something so simple as that didn’t even seem worth the effort. He would rather do something a little more practical than just making some potion that would probably come back to bite him in the butt.

He smiled as she went over what her mother wanted for her. He had heard some of it before already. Her mother wanted her to marry a pureblood, something not uncommon. Some parents were simply like that. He was a half-blood himself and was sure he was way off her target for a pureblood. Didn’t bother him though, he still considered Liz a close friend. “heh guess that puts me out of the running” he joked lightly as he put another part of a cupcake into his mouth.

She tried to appear so calm and her deminer didn’t change. However he had known her long enough to notice when she’s relaxed. It maybe because they did spend a lot of time together in the library that he knew the difference. He was just programmed that way. All humans had a certain way they relaxed their bodies even if their expression stayed the same. Even if she didn’t look any different than usual he could see her relaxed when she talked about her research. “You’re right there’s always something interesting in there.” He admitted his mind immediately thinking back to the book he had found. There was a sentence in there that was bugging him. And he couldn’t get it out of his stupid head.

It was a problem with him. If there wasn't something he couldn't figure out he would be up for days in order to figure it out. What the hell did that line mean.
But like Liz he came here to get away from his work for once.

Noting her observation of the great hall he noticed she was right. Everyone was showing up now. Hell he could even see the aurors that were guarding the place. “Seems so” he said casually as he popped the rest of the cupcake into his mouth before putting his plate down.

Shaking his head making sure he didn’t think about it, which was near impossible he glanced over to Liz, smiling and nodding at her. “you’re right. Since we’re here might as well enjoy ourselves” he beemed before shooting her a playful grin. “Save me a dance? Show me some of those skills you were boasting about earlier."

Corridors, The Great Hall: ♞ L o c a t i o n
Liz :♞ W h o ' s H e r e
Pretty Calm, Jittery, Distracted : ♞ F e e l i n g

Pretty Nice : ♞ Looking

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items