Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Tycoon

10,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

User Image

For the first time at this whole funeral, Creighton's eyes began to water, and it wasn't even because his wife was dead. She could never move him like this, like Sandra could.

She never lost faith in him, did she? Even when someone else would have a long time ago. It was a blessing, Sandra's undying optimism. A blessing to everyone lucky enough to know her.

"If that's true," he said, "it's thanks to you. You've always been the best part of me, Sandra Joycelyn."

He'd known it ever since they were teenagers. He'd caved to weakness and let his family and his station make his choices for him, and he hadn't always been there for Sandra like she was for him, but if it hadn't been for her, he'd have been far worse off. That goodness she spoke of, that she saw in him--maybe she was so quick to see it because she was the one that had put it there. It was because of her that he could find any strength within himself, that he could even believe in anything, when otherwise, his life would've been so empty.

"It's been such a long seventeen years, Sandra, having to live without that. Without the best part of me. Without you," he said. "And I'm not happy someone had to die to bring our lives back together...but it has made me very happy to see you again."

He just hoped she had enough faith in him to give him one more chance to do right by her this time.

He felt her hand brush his and his every nerve stood on end. He grasped her hand and held on for a second, but only for a second, not long enough for anyone to turn around and look on at the spectacle of the unbereaved widower holding hands with the woman he'd loved all along.

Anyone who caught them showing affection here would scowl and say it was wrong.

But how could he and Sandra being together ever be wrong?

What could be wrong about love? What could ever be more right?

User Image

▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ LIKE A FEATHER FLYING HIGH UP IN THE SKY ON A WINDY DAY ▇▇▇▇▇
                                I GET CARRIED AWAY.

Tipsy Tycoon

10,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
                                  "Well, for starts, I'm a circus-freak pervert," Liesel mumbled. She felt like that was kind of something to be ashamed of.

But then, Phillip kept talking, and Liesel was just floored, because he called her something she didn't even believe she could be anymore.

He called her real.

Just five minutes ago, she was convinced she was the furthest thing from real that there was. Just look at her--she was all artifice. She wore more makeup than any of the other girls even in Slytherin, where appearance was everything. Hell, she was probably more eyeliner than human being. She had five kinds of potions in her hair right now, handfuls of tissues shoved down each cup of her brassiere, and she used her popularity as a fortress around herself to keep anyone from being able to hurt her...

And yet, Phillip could look at her and still see some substance there. She didn't think it was possible.

"Tell you the truth?" she said when she was finally able to think of a response. "I couldn't have made it half as far as I had without you to hold me up all the time...like you're doing now. What's a Queen without her King, right?" She shrugged, bit her lip, and looked up to give him a little smile.

"You already make me happy," she said. "Now, no more talk of taking chances--let's just go make something dead!" she said, and began leading the way to the grounds.

The longer this discussion progressed, the quicker Liesel wanted it to be over. Phillip kept talking about...about making her happy, and it wasn't that she didn't want him to. What kind of self-punishing person didn't want to be happy?

But she didn't feel right, thinking about him believing he had to go out of his way, to compromise, or something, just to please her. It made her feel selfish.

But she was selfish, was the problem. And if she didn't change the subject now, she knew she wouldn't have the willpower to stop him from doing something really reckless.

User Image User Image

Dangerous Phantom

User Image

User ImageUser Image

Billie might have been able to hide it however he liked to think he knew her well enough to see when she was putting on a face just to please others. This instance he could tell she didn’t like the answers that he was giving her. She tried to hide it, oh did she try. If it was anyone else but Garrett she might have fooled them, but he knew that she didn’t like hearing about his encounter with the death eaters. The thought made his chest tighten, a question hung in the air as he realized this.

..Was she worried about him? Did she worry about his safety?

But those thoughts were rightfully put down, of course she cared. She cared about a lot of people, just because she was kind didn’t mean anything. After all she had said so herself, she didn’t love him anymore, and that was two years ago. Of course she wouldn’t’ have any romantic feelings towards him now. It was just wishful thinking.

When she praised him he had to look down at his coffee, it sounded weird coming from her. He had grown used to praises and acting like the raids were easy and the ambushes he encountered never affected him. But it didn’t sound right. “Um…” he hesitated before taking a big sip of his coffee. “I’ve never gotten just a scratch, if I’m lucky the lightest I’ve gotten after a raid or something similar are bruised up ribs and a few broken fingers…” his voice drifted as he sighed, wondering if he should tell her the worst state he’s been in.

Deciding on it he looked up and met her eyes with a steady gaze. “There was a time, not too long ago, I was hurt pretty badly. Some Death Eaters decided to try and gang up on me on my way home after a two day long hunt...I was out for a couple of weeks, and I was only conscious for three of those days” it was bad, it was an ambush after a raid on the Death Eaters he was working on. They got him and he had thought he would have died there, thankfully because the ambush happened near the raid site he was able to call for reinforcements. He was able to hold on, “Guess someone up there doesn’t like me too much” he flashed a boyish smile trying to lighten up the mood a bit, “seems no matter how bad I’m hurt I keep coming back. Next thing you know I might just survive an Unforgivable Curse or something.”

Muggle Coffee Shop: ♞ L o c a t i o n
Billie:♞ W h o ' s W i t h M e

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out