Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Tycoon

10,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

User Image

"And Miss Rymes, it's very nice to meet you as well," Creighton went on as he led the way inside and to the back yard. His voice sounded hollow, like it was coming out of someone else's throat. His hands shook, not out of grief, but anxiety. He was worrying himself to bits about what would happen if anyone saw through his ruse and figured out how he really felt.

One by one, the guests started arriving. Hilaeira's cousins, her friends...his own friends were among the smallest demographics to show. The only ones really worth noting were Sandra--of course--and Patience and Perry, Patience as pleasant and polite as ever while Perry looked obviously guilty about every bad thing he'd ever said about 'that Hilaeira hag.' He'd never liked her, but he tried, because Creighton loved her--he didn't, really, but that was what he told the crowd, mostly for James' sake. If he cared a little less, he might not have minded being labeled as the miserable b*****d who'd been locked into an unhappy betrothal, but he did care about James, even if he was distant and mechanical and not too good at showing it.

And he didn't want his son to know what a sham his parents' marriage was.

The minutes passed by, and he only got more nervous. People clasped each others' hands and gave their condolences. They came up to him, too, and he doled out one awkward thank-you after another. One of Hilaeira's cousins sent her daughter off with copies of some poem on parchment that was probably meant to be inspiring, but Creighton thought he'd never seen anything so pretentious.

Then, finally, it was time for him to give his eulogy.

He'd planned to practice this in front of a mirror, but he'd never gotten around to it. He just kept putting it off and putting it off, and now, he was being shuffled along to the podium, stood before the whole crowd and looking a lot like a deer in headlights.

"I'd like to...thank you all for coming," he said weakly.

His voice couldn't have possibly carried to the back.

"All of you remember Hilaeira the socialite and friend. But more than that...she was a wife, a mother..."

His throat felt like it was closing up, but it wouldn't have made a difference, because he didn't know what he would have said, anyway. All he could do was stand up there and stare helplessly into the crowd.

One of Hilaeira's old school friends in the front row stared back at him, a deep glare setting on her features.

User Image

▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ LIKE A FEATHER FLYING HIGH UP IN THE SKY ON A WINDY DAY ▇▇▇▇▇
                                I GET CARRIED AWAY.

Tipsy Tycoon

10,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

User Image

"The next one?" Dane groaned. "You mean Riddle is going to throw even more of these uptight, ultra-conservative snooze-fests? In that case, maybe I should round up the boys and get us in enough trouble to put us in detention for the rest of the year! I'd rather write lines until my hands fall off than get back into that monkey suit."

Finishing his breakfast, he set his bowl aside on the grass and said, "Don't worry about it--if I wanted to be off with some girl right now, I'd be off with some girl. But I've missed you and I wanted to hang out, so here I am. After all, when in our years of friendship have you known me to do anything other than exactly what I wanted?"

He jumped a bit as she began attacking him with pokes. "Jesus, Kim, that tickles!" he laughed, before giving her a light shove and a poke in the side in retaliation. "And I am not creepily noticing Amycus Carrow!" he added in his own defense. "It's hard not to notice when he's practically a Hogwarts celebrity and the whole school is buzzing with rumors saying he's a serial killer. If he could just say something, like, I don't know, maybe a reassuring, 'hey guys, I'm not actually a serial killer'..."

He sighed, laying back in the grass and pulling out a cigarette. A second later, he thought of the breeze, and decided not to light up so as not to risk it blowing smoke in Kim's face. So, instead, he slipped the little flip knife he carried around in his pocket and used the pointed tip to stab tiny holes in the filter to satisfy his urge to fidget.

That knife was the first thing he'd ever shoplifted, and nowadays, he carried it around like a good luck charm or a trophy--a reminder of his personal victories, a statement that he was alive.

Like the opposite of a memento mori.

"What is it with all my friends going for that criminal deviant vibe?" he sighed. "Oh, wait, that's right--I'm criminal and deviant, so it only figures. But at least I never chopped off anybody's arm or nothin'."

He was referring to Aurelia MacDougal, who was a Slytherin in his class until fourth year, when she had that so-called accident, got rushed off to Mungo's and never came back to school. They were calling it a mystery, but everyone had pretty much the same guess as to what had actually happened.

"Seriously, something has to be done about Phillip and Dolohov before he loses a limb to her, too, or worse."

He didn't add that he'd like to do something about Kim and Amycus, too--and he knew that was a much more selfish wish. He was just being a concerned friend, as far as the Dolohov situation went, but with Kim and Amycus, it was all the jealousy talking. If Amycus ever gave him a concrete reason to go off on him--if he hurt Kim in any way--then it would be a different story.

But that was the last thing Dane would ever want. The only thing worse than facing Kim's rejection would be having her get hurt.

User Image

▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ THESE WORDS ARE KNIVES THAT OFTEN LEAVE SCARS ▇▇▇▇▇
                                THE FEAR OF FALLING APART.

Dangerous Phantom

User Image

User ImageUser Image

Garrett expected her to defend the Daily Prophet. She chose to work there after all, and it was one of the more popular papers. While he complained about some of the people of the prophet there were some he would acknowledge that did their work without using shady means and who don’t exactly manipulate the truth. “You’re right, as I’ve said it before, my experience with the prophit isn't a good one...however from what I’ve read of the prophet your articles tend to be the best so I trust you.” he might have been a bit biased saying something like that. Since her articles were the only ones he’s really read. Other than that, he stayed clear of any other articles of the prophet, knowing full well that most of them put on speculation of what the auror’s were really doing. In his office there was a good portion of people who handle exactly what they tell the press. It was probably one of the reasons whenever they did get something out of them most of the time they would twist their words. At least that was his experiences anyways.

Cocking his head to the side he raised a brow at her, thinking on her words. “is that all they wanted me for then? They could have asked any other auror for things like that, no need to single me out” He thought about what the answers to her question would have been. It would be pretty generic and very vegue. Something along the lines of, keeping the streets safe. Tracking down death eaters every night etc…it was something he had said before but thinking of telling that to Billie just didn’t seem right. He wouldn’t know what exactly to say to her questions that involved the interworkings of his work. He couldn’t exactly lie to her, since he knew she would see through his lie in an instant. She always could even in school, so he wasn’t going to even attempt it.

But this wasn’t the interview, it was just a ‘prep’, he reminded himself, nothing more. “So, Miss reporter” He smirked as he took a sip from his coffee. “Is there anything you want to ask me now? My training, my experience..these?” he asked before pointing to one of the scars on his face. “I seem to recall you wanting to know how I got these, you seemed interested the last we met” he said the memory of that night fresh in his memory.

Muggle Coffee Shop: ♞ L o c a t i o n
Billie:♞ W h o ' s W i t h M e

User Image

Tipsy Tycoon

10,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

User Image

As everyone started settling into the rickety, white wooden chairs on the Potters' back lawn, Sirius stood apart from everyone else in that everyone else was either alone, or joined by their parents or a relative--Sirius was both and neither.

His parents were here, alright--they wouldn't miss paying their respects to one of the Pureblood elite. But they were sitting in the middle rows, with Regulus, acting as though Sirius didn't exist. Every so often he'd catch a glance from Regulus, but he didn't return it--no reason to get the kid in trouble, smarmy git though he was turning out to be.

It wasn't like Sirius wanted anything to do with his crazy, bigoted parents and their ******** world view anyway. But them being there--the reminder of the mutual rejection between him and his birth mother--just reminded him of all he'd lost with Mum. Well, Mrs. Potter.

At last, the crowd quieted as Mr. Potter stood up to speak. Sirius watched, but only got tenser and tenser as the generic, bland eulogy went on and finally ground to a halt. Mr. Potter looked so uncomfortable. Sirius felt uncomfortable. He was pretty sure everyone was uncomfortable. This didn't feel like a funeral was supposed to.

He'd only been to one funeral in his life (two if you counted Paige Pettigrew burying her goldfish in her family's back yard the summer after Sirius' fourth year, but he didn't). It had been his uncle Alphard's, over the summer. It had been small, with minimal expenses--the family disowned him right after Sirius when he decided to fund Sirius' running away. Still, as sad as it had been, there'd been a sense of catharsis. There was none of that here--it was like standing in pudding in your socks.

And he knew it was selfish to expect Mr. Potter to have all the answers, to know how to magically assuage the rest of their grief when he had to be in so much pain himself, losing his wife. Sirius just...

He needed some air, some space.

As quietly as he could manage, he dismissed himself from his seat and escaped off to the side of the action, wiping sweaty palms on his slacks and trying his best to just breathe.

▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ GOD, GIVE A LITTLE LOVE ▇▇▇▇▇
        BRING ME BACK A DOG IN THE NEXT LIFE.

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXXJames 'Prongs' PotterXXXXXXXXXXX
It's been a long day
And all I've got to say is make it strong
It's been a long day
And all I've got to say is I've been wrong

When his dad responded to being introduced to Lily, James couldn't help but cringe at his choice of wording, We, it would have been him and his mum that had heard about Lily...and she only got to meet Lily for a second, and then she was gone. Never to hear about Lily or anyone else James wanted to talk about again.

His hands were already shaking at the thought.

James had gone back and forth between wanting to be around people and wanting to be alone for these last few days, and now he wanted to be alone again but couldn't. He had to stand here, just like his father would, just like Sirius would, while his friends and anyone else who came to this funeral would arrive.

Thankfully his father did not allow the group to stand in the hallway any longer. They were lead out to where the funeral would take place. More people started to arrive and James was forced into the standard host greeting the guests to this event as face after face came over and apologized for his mother's loss. The whole thing had left him feeling exhausted already and completely separated from his friends so by the time people were finding seats and settling down to get this show on the road half of the group he came with had ended up sitting on whatever seats were left...

James choose not to sit though, standing to the side as he watched his father get up in front of everyone and begin to speak, but only few words came out as he watched his father flounder in front of everyone. Most people were starting to fidget awkwardly as they waited for him to continue but he didn't, stuttering instead and it broke his heart. He couldn't stand here and watch his father mourn his mother in front of all these people while unable to deliver her eulogy.

Hesitating for only a moment, James took a deep breath and walked up beside his father. Putting his arm behind his dad in the only comforting way he knew how to do in front of all of these people. Letting the Gryffindor shine out in this moment as he lifted his head in front of all these people, swallowed his own sadness and spoke, "My mom was a great person, raised me the best she could while being the best wife she could to my father. We will all remember her in the best of ways, I am sure..."

His voice was cracking a bit, but he held his head high as he stood next to his father, doing what he could not in his grief...it had to be that of course, what other reason would it be that his father could not speak in this moment?

"What happened to my mother was sudden, unexpected and hurt more than anything I've ever been through...but that's life sometimes. Sudden and unexpected, but not always painful and I think that's what my mom would want us to remember, about her, about our own lives. So she will always be in my heart, and my mind, as I am sure my father was just trying to say as well..." he said, trying to finish on a lighter note, hating how vulnerable he felt up here, but glad he was able to do it for his father...after all he hadn't really done much for him before.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

User Image
It's been a long week
And all the lines come down heavy on me
Its been a long week
I'm finally feeling like its okay to break

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
User Image
XXXPrudence McKayla BakerXXXXXX

Phillip clenched his jaw a bit at Liesel's tone, she was being short with him and avoiding the answer that he had a feeling she wanted to say, but she didn't and it was a little frustrating. Then she apologized and while he appreciated the sentiment he did not think that she was okay...and that was really what he cared about.

Well, now that he knew she was talking to him, that was is his original concern but now he wanted to get to the bottom of whatever this was. Whatever had gone wrong, he wanted to know, and he wanted to make sure that it could be fixed or avoided or whatever it took to make her comfortable around him again.

"Lise...what if I want it to happen again? The kiss that is, not the you running off on me part, but I don't want the kiss to not happen again, I like you...a lot. Liesel and I want to figure this out, all of it...please." Another small fib, he didn't just like Liesel. He loved her. He had known her for years, almost his whole life and she was very important to him.

He just wanted her to be happy.

"I don't want any of those other girls, especially the firsties Liesel. I want you." That much was one hundred percent true. Now other guys...that was another story, then again even if she wanted other girls, he wouldn't have cared, and that was fine, but as long as he could be with her too...that was what he wanted in the end.

"Really? Everything that's been said so far and the only thing you pick up on is the physical appearance, that's it isn't it? You wouldn't be saying that that many times if it didn't have something to do with it." he said shaking his head as she started to try and wave him off to go jogging.

It was a low blow for Liesel, she of all people knew how much he hated that. His mother did that too him all the time, making him jog at all hours of the day, lift weights, work out to stay in shape. He didn't care about that, and for her to use that against him right now...well it was upsetting, but he wasn't going to let her use that to scare him off when they were talking for the first time in a week....

User Image

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
User Image

"Oh...well I wouldn't call it the best, but...you read my articles?" she asked, her head had dropped low when he complimented her work but when she realized what that meant, that he did really read her articles, she glanced up at him blushing.

All she could see now was him sitting in his office or maybe at another shop like this one with the Daily Prophet in his hands and her articles there for him to read. She hadn't had many, since she was still working her way up in the department, but she'd had enough to be known and the thought of Garrett reading them regularly. She didn't want to hope....

Don't be silly...you work for the daily prophet it's kinda hard to miss your articles when that's the most read paper in britain for the wizarding world. she reminded herself.

"Well, give me a break, I'm a little unprepared." she added when he questioned her questions. Shaking her head slowly, "Of course it will be a little more personal when we actually do a real interview, these were just the questions that first came to my head. Generic ones, you know, what we ask everyone." she explained before taking another sip of her coffee.

"I have a whole list of questions for you, don't you worry...I'll get them all together when we actually set up a real interview...but now that you mention it, since you brought it up, yes, your scars are one of the questions...partially for the article and partially...for myself to know." she added.

User Image

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
User Image

XXXXSandra JoycelynXXXXX

The alone time that she had with Creighton officially ended when his son arrived with his friends. She knew she shouldn't be disappointed in that, especially since she was at his wife's funeral, but a part of her really was. It was wrong, it was sick, and she wanted to use that as an excuse to leave like she should have done a few minutes ago, but instead...it was being used as a reason to stay. She knew that her heart would probably give out in the end and she'd leave early, either with a quick goodbye or none at all, just slipping out through the crowd and back to the school where she should have stayed...but for now she stayed.

Once more people started arriving, Sandra made her way to the sidelines. She wouldn't be able to keep talking to Creighton in front of everyone, and she shouldn't either, so she kept to herself at that point, only talking to those who came up to her. The same conversation coming up with everyone on how tragic this was...and while she did keep to herself as much as she could, it did not seem to matter to Mrs. Potter's friends who noticed, and remembered her, from school. Giving her a strange look, she ignored them, and when Creighton stood up to speak in front of everyone, she made her way to stand in the back..watching from afar like she had grown accustom to doing.

Her heart broke a little as she watched Creighton struggle to find the words to give in memory of his wife. It was very convincing that he was heartbroken, which he should be, and she shouldn't be so sad that he did.

What was more sad though was watching James get up from his seat and walk up beside his father. She felt the tears filling in her eyes as James stepped up in front of everyone and picked up this speech for his father. The poor boy who's mother was gone now so suddenly, having to become the adult here and now...she couldn't help but cry at the sight of it.

User Image

Tipsy Tycoon

10,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

User Image

Phillip wasn't the easily reassured type, was he? He'd known Liesel since they were five and he had to know that she never went back on a promise to a friend. And yet, he wasn't satisfied with her word that there would be no more leaving him standing alone. He wanted the parts of her she was refusing to hand over...but he didn't know what he was getting himself into.

There were reasons she kept those parts of her hidden. They were gritty and nasty and nobody deserved to have to bear those burdens with her, especially not her best friend, her love.

"Lise...what if I want it to happen again? The kiss that is, not the you running off on me part."

"Well, that can be arranged!" Liesel piped up, and she would have just shoved him to the wall and kissed him again, shut her eyes tight, and tried to force herself not to think about the things that went on at Dolohov Manor in the summertime, but Phillip kept talking, and she lost her opportunity, so instead, she held her position and tried not to show how very relieved she was.

Even if she had got to kiss him, she'd probably just have another panic attack because she was ******** useless.

"Phillip, I really like you, too. And you know me, I pretty much hate everyone." she said with a little laugh at herself. "But there's nothing to 'figure out.' I'm not a puzzle."

It was a good metaphor, though. She often felt like she was broken into a thousand tiny pieces, and nobody could see what she was really like unless they were willing to go through an awful lot of work to put all the pieces together, and even then, she'd still be all wrong, because some of the pieces had been lost under the rug or eaten by the cat or ******** by her father.

But that was beside the point.

"I'm just a person. I'm just the girl you met at a party ages ago, no great mystery to decipher. So come on, now," she said in a tone she hoped was calming, "let's quit playing detective before--"

"That's it isn't it?"

Liesel's cheeks flushed bright red with shame.

"N-no it's not!" She sounded like he'd just accused her of murder, and she was guilty in the first degree. "I only brought it up because of how ridiculous it is! You've known me our whole lives--do you really think I would be that superficial? I mean, if I really cared that much about that sort of thing, then how do you explain my track record? You've seen my conquests, they all--"

She realized a second too late that that wasn't helping her case at all. Much to the contrary, she might as well have just put the nail in her own coffin.

Oh, no, she mouthed.

"You wouldn't happen to have a cigarette, would you? Or know who does? Because I really, really, really need my morning cigarette right now."

And she needed for him not to think too hard about what she'd let slip carelessly.

Or maybe it would be better if he just found her out for what a freaky little deviant she was. Better to get it over with quick, right?

The next few seconds felt like an eternity as she stood there, hoping it had all gone over his head, but bracing herself for his ridicule, or his revulsion, thinking to herself, I've survived worse.

User Image User Image

▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ YOU WERE THE ▇▇▇▇▇
                                PRETTIEST THING I EVER STOLE.

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
User Image

XXXXKimberly-Lynn Lorna KencekXXXXX

Kimberly shook her head at Dane's distaste for another ball. "Hey, your friends seemed to have enjoyed themselves at the party, they at least had dates...or at least had dates that didn't ditch them right? Besides Kutner that is?" she asked, remembering having heard in the aftermath of the ball ending that Liesel had run out on Phillip Kutner right after she kissed him. She had wondered for a little while if that might have been worse, to have had Amycus kiss her and then just run off instead of excuse himself the way he had only to never return...either way, it still sucked.

"Listen here, you came out here to cheer me up, Dane Challaghan and if poking you in sensitive areas cheer's me up then you'll deal with it and keep your pokes to yourself!" she said as she leaned away at his attempt to retaliate.

"You are right though," she said, continuing from what he said before she attacked him, "you are the one to do whatever you want despite others, a lifestyle I am envious of for sure. And while you might be here with me right now, and not with another girl, the way you keep bringing up Amycus makes me wonder if you'd rather be seeking him out instead."

She was teasing of course, Dane's distaste for Amycus was very very clear, and one she would not deny...but Dane's distaste of other guys in general was one to question. While he had never said anything of the sort out loud, Kimberly had wondered for a long time now if Dane was gay. He hadn't had a date that lasted longer than a Hogsmead visit with the same girl in the whole time Kim had known him, not to mention she couldn't even recall if he had even had an actual girlfriend in the time that she had known him. He spent all his free time with her and they were just good friends so...that didn't leave many other suggestions. She would never ask him though...

And if he did admit it, if it were true, she'd be fine with it. She just did not want to offend him if she was wrong.

Looking at him as he laid in the grass, an unlit cigarette in his hand as he poked holes in it with the knife she knew he carried around with him. He was the only one of her friends that instead of offering her a cigarette, peacefully accepted that she was never interested in them. She was also glad that he didn't light it up, but she wouldn't have been offended or upset if he had.

"Kutner can take care of himself..." she said with a sigh as she pushed herself off of the tree and went to lay next to him in the grass, laying on her side so she could look at him while they talked. "He'll be fine, really, let him do whatever he wants to do, even if it gets him into trouble. Best to avoid getting yourself into trouble, even though you did just admit to being the criminal that you are. You're not horrible though, criminal or not, you're a great friend." she said, leaning forward and putting her head on his shoulder gently. Feeling much better now that he was out here.

User Image

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
User Image

Standing here, in the entrance hall to the Potter Mansion was the most uncomfortable experiences of Sam's life, but she stayed there, for Lily...for James...for Sirius. She was there for them in light of the reason they all needed to be there.

Sam nodded her head towards Mr. Potter when she was introduced to him, but said nothing for fear of saying the wrong thing. She exchanged a glance with Lily as the group was lead out back where the funeral was going to take place.

Sam's heart was racing, she hadn't been to many funerals, one reason being because thankfully she did not know many people that died, the other being because of the memories she had of the only funeral she had been too...her father's. She had been so young but it stuck out in her mind so much that when they walked out back and the casket was there, at first the face she saw laying in it was that of her fathers...but then she blinked and it was Mrs. Potter instead. She felt selfish for even feeling that way, but it wasn't something she could help.

More people started to arrive, and as the crowd filled up for Mrs. Potter's funeral, Sam hovered between Lily and Sirius. Feeling out of her element as things progressed eventually she found herself seated as Mr. Potter stood up in front of everyone and began, or at least attempted to, speak. Sam couldn't help but notice though as Sirius stood up and made his way out. She hesitated for a moment, not sure if he wanted company, but sitting here wasn't going to do her any good either...

And she could always come back inside...

Getting up with out a word, just as James went up with his father, Sam made her way in the direction that Sirius had gone, finding him on the sidelines, away from the crowd, she hesitated again before just going over and taking his hand, "Hey..." she said, trying not to startle him.

User Image User Image

Dangerous Phantom

User Image

User ImageUser Image

Edward’s expression never changed when Merylin went after him instead of Lise. He was Lise’s replacement it seemed. He made a mental note not to let himself be in this situation or at least try to. Shaking his head as she tried to talk it off, he sighed. “If that’s what he told you, he’s full of rubbish” he said shrugging, putting the banana infront of her. If she really thought he would fall for something as stupid as that then she really didn’t know Edward. It was nearly impossible to lie to him, mainly because he prided himself in his lies. Anyone who knew him knew that they should never take what he says as fact. As someone put it once, ‘rule one, he always lies’.

Cracking his neck he went back to his breakfast letting the girls speak hearing himself being questioned as well. He didn’t respond so quickly however he just looked up met Natasha’s gaze and gave a sly half smile, “Many have tried” he said cooly before he slipped out a cigarette of his own to his mouth along with a small black leather book from his back pocket. It was true, many had tried to gain his affection, and he in turn as responded in fulfilling his human desire and slept with quite a few of them. Nothing more, relationships weren’t for him. In his mind, having a ‘girlfriend’ is a waste of time, time that was better spent on better things.

But he grew bored of the subject and lit up his cig and went to studying the context of his book. Since he had grown the habit bringing at least a packet wherever he goes, Lise tended to bum off him quite often since they smoked the same brand. The book was one of his own, full of notes that only he could decipher if anyone were to look at it they would see nothing but recipe ingredients in Latin. No one knew it’s true contents, no one but himself that is.

For a while now he had been studying ancient magic on his own time, hell he spent more time doing his little research more than going to class. After a time he just grew bored of the lessons and he either went off to do his own thing, hang out with Lise or someone else, or was studying texts. No one really knew of his interest in the old arts, maybe Lise but he was always very vague.

As he was in thought reading he heard his name and it took him out of his reading looking up. “Hm?” he said before shaking his head. Stretching a bit he took a long drag before blowing out the smoke. “You found me out, I have an entire harem waiting for me back in my room, one from each house in fact” he said smirked before putting the cigarette between his fingers so he could get another swig from his coffee.

Slytherin Table: ♞ L o c a t i o n
Merylin and Natasha :♞ W h o ' s H e r e
bored : ♞ F e e l i n g
{{ gah sorry for the long wait ><;; }} :♞ O u t o f C h a r a c t e r

User Image

Tipsy Tycoon

10,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

User Image

Every word James said up on the podium rang true for Sirius, too, and as James' speech came to an end, he couldn't stop his eyes from filling up with hot tears.

And the worst bit was, James was right. Mrs. Potter wouldn't have wanted them all gloomy like this. She'd have wanted them to fondly remember the good times, which, by the way, were innumerable and immeasurable. In life, she had radiated joy.

But Sirius couldn't bring himself to smile in the wake of her death.

Then...

He didn't think it could happen twice in a row, but it looked like it was Sam Rymes to the rescue once more.

As she closed her hand around his, he gave a squeeze around her fingers and blinked back the tears welling in his eyes. He swallowed the lump in his throat and forced himself to put on this sad little ghost of a smile.

He knew he wasn't hiding it very well, but he almost felt like it was his responsibility as a bloke not to show any weakness. Then again, it's not like Sam hadn't seen him vulnerable before. Just a week ago, she'd found him tied to a chair and had to save his hostage arse.

"What're you doing here, Sam?" he asked, though it was pretty obvious. She'd come to comfort him, and though he was mildly embarrassed that he needed comforting, the fact was, he did. He couldn't hold it together on his own right now.

So, after a pause, he just said, "Thanks."

They stood there for a few seconds while the mourners gave the occasional murmur.

"I know she wasn't really my mum, but..."

But despite the happy-go-lucky front he affected all the time, he had his problems just like anybody else, and now he had to add the death of a loved one to the growing list.

"I'm really glad you decided to come," he said quietly.

▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ GOD, GIVE A LITTLE LOVE ▇▇▇▇▇
        BRING ME BACK A DOG IN THE NEXT LIFE.

Tipsy Tycoon

10,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

User Image

"Well, Dirk had every girl under the sun vying for him but he went after Van Coon, and I think I saw Drew w--hey, wait a second!" said Dane, "Why do you keep coming back to dates, anyway? Or rather, my lack thereof? Trying to marry me off, Mum?"

What a laughable notion--even his own mother wouldn't have tried that with him. She let him have a long leash, as long as he put on a bow tie and smiled complacently for Prophet photos, and anyway, she was Muggleborn, so she had no reason to push him into some antiquated tradition of the Pureblood aristocracy.

Dane Callaghan would settle down when he damn well pleased.

A part of him wondered if somehow, she knew--that he fancied her, that is. Maybe she was trying to push him off onto some girl so that he'd leave her and Amycus alone. Or maybe she was just being a concerned friend and trying to rid him of his loneliness. But he wouldn't be happy with just any girl...

"Oi! If I were to stalk Carrow, it would only be to make sure he's doing right by my best friend," he said with a comically-exaggerated, pinched-off scowl. "No offense to your taste, but he's just not my type," he joked.

When Kim came to lie next to him, he felt his face heat up and turn red. She was so close...and yet unreachable.

"No he can't," Dane said as Kim spoke up on the subject of Phillip and Dolohov. "He isn't thinking straight. He's like...mesmerized by her eyeliner or something. I don't even know. Personally, I don't see the appeal...I'd snog a raccoon before her. Honestly not much of a difference, though, is there, when you think about it? I mean, one is a potentially rabid animal...and the other's a raccoon."

All talk of raccoons and smarmy Slytherin psychos was forgotten, though, as Kim told him what a good friend he was. It gave him achingly mixed feelings. He was glad he could support her...

But he wished he was more than just her friend.

"If that's what you think, you should see the kind of enemy I make," he said, but it was clear he was just messing around. "C'mere, you..." He put a platonic arm around her shoulders and hugged her like a brother might, even though deep down, he wasn't satisfied with just being platonic...

But more than that, he wished she felt the same way.

User Image

▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ THESE WORDS ARE KNIVES THAT OFTEN LEAVE SCARS ▇▇▇▇▇
                                THE FEAR OF FALLING APART.

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
User Image

XXXXKimberly-Lynn Lorna KencekXXXXX

Kim shook her head, grinning, "Well, now that you mention it, maybe I am son! You need to get out there, this is supposed to be the best years of our lives, dating and what not, and...well, just dont use my dating experiences as an example and you'll be good!" she said with a sigh.

Anyone using her dating experience as an example had to be using them as a bad one otherwise they were just stupid. Chasing after Amycus Carrow all these years, only to get one date where he left her hanging half way through, yeah her dating experiences was not one for the books, that was for sure.

And just the thought of it made the smile fade from her face before Dane started to defend himself again. "Well, thanks, but no need to go chasing him down for that. What is your type then, since we are on the subject?" she asked, arching a brow at him curiously, wondering if he might open up about it. After all, for best friends, that was a topic that did not usually come up between them unless it was other couples, like Phillip and Liesel, or herself talking about Amycus.

Kim leaned into his arm when he threw it around her after he started talking down about Liesel Dolohov and how Phillip was madly in love with her.

"You know what I just realized, you seem to get a lot of opinions about other peoples relationships when you don't have many of your own. Makes me curious..." she said seriously. Hoping he was just happy, she wouldn't push any further if he did not want her too, but she was curious...and besides she did feel bad talking just about herself and her problems when he was around, she wanted to give him an opening to talk about his.

"I never want to see what kind of enemy you make..." she added after he brought it up. No. Dane was her rock...she didn't know what she'd do without him.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas