Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Eloquent Vampire

Sopiyu
I want a vertical labret soooo badly. But I doubt my parents will be okay with it. They hated my septum (which I got done twice, and both times caved into pressure to remove it -_-) so not sure how that would turn out.

Also, no kissing for a while, that's gonna make me super sad.

Edit: I'm kinda worried that I'll be too clumsy with a vertical labret and get it caught on things. But I LOVE how it looks compared to just a center labret. Could I achieve a vertical labret look by using a circular ring jewelry? Or would it constantly move and not give it that effect? Also would the back of the ring be jamming into my teeth constantly if I were to do this??? Thanks!
Standard response of: If you live with your parents, are dependent on them for food and shelter and care, then it's not worth it to be pierced against their wishes. If you don't live with them, then they should have little to no say in what you do with your life, so long as it's safe, sane, and consensual.

I had a vertical labret once upon a time. Never got it caught on anything. The whole forks concern a lot of people have isn't something you should worry about, so long as you eat like a regular human and your forks are the same as everyone else's. The way forks are designed, they can't get caught on vertical labrets.

You wouldn't want to wear a ring in a vertical labret. It would look pretty silly, as too much of the ring would be hanging out. You could get a reverse vertical labret, they're pretty rare, but do exist. The only visible jewelry is the one bead that sits on the lip, the other end is inside the mouth.

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Jagger-Wolf
Sopiyu
I want a vertical labret soooo badly. But I doubt my parents will be okay with it. They hated my septum (which I got done twice, and both times caved into pressure to remove it -_-) so not sure how that would turn out.

Edit: I'm kinda worried that I'll be too clumsy with a vertical labret and get it caught on things. But I LOVE how it looks compared to just a center labret. Could I achieve a vertical labret look by using a circular ring jewelry? Or would it constantly move and not give it that effect? Also would the back of the ring be jamming into my teeth constantly if I were to do this??? Thanks!
Standard response of: If you live with your parents, are dependent on them for food and shelter and care, then it's not worth it to be pierced against their wishes. If you don't live with them, then they should have little to no say in what you do with your life, so long as it's safe, sane, and consensual.

I had a vertical labret once upon a time. Never got it caught on anything. The whole forks concern a lot of people have isn't something you should worry about, so long as you eat like a regular human and your forks are the same as everyone else's. The way forks are designed, they can't get caught on vertical labrets.

You wouldn't want to wear a ring in a vertical labret. It would look pretty silly, as too much of the ring would be hanging out. You could get a reverse vertical labret, they're pretty rare, but do exist. The only visible jewelry is the one bead that sits on the lip, the other end is inside the mouth.

Yeah, I've pretty much decided that I won't get a septum done again until I move out, because I know I'll be pressured into removing it even though I can still hide it. Apparently having a "moo" / cow piercing is really disturbing?????? sweatdrop

Oh I meant a ring in a center labret, to give it the illusion of a vertical labret razz

That's pretty! But I really like the look of having the two ball ends, it just looks so pretty gonk

I guess my mindset right now is that I have 4 more years of school to go, and I'd rather have them while I study and enjoy having them before I have to enter a career that might not be tolerant with body-mods. emo

Eloquent Vampire

Sopiyu
Jagger-Wolf
Sopiyu

Yeah, I've pretty much decided that I won't get a septum done again until I move out, because I know I'll be pressured into removing it even though I can still hide it. Apparently having a "moo" / cow piercing is really disturbing?????? sweatdrop

Oh I meant a ring in a center labret, to give it the illusion of a vertical labret razz

That's pretty! But I really like the look of having the two ball ends, it just looks so pretty gonk

I guess my mindset right now is that I have 4 more years of school to go, and I'd rather have them while I study and enjoy having them before I have to enter a career that might not be tolerant with body-mods. emo
You can wear a ring in a traditional labret all you want, you can even wear D rings if you're concerned about the inside rubbing on your gums and teeth. I would recommend getting sized and fitted for the D ring by a professional piercer, since you need to make sure you have the right diameter and that's hard to figure out on your own. Just have them do it, write down all the specs for you, and you can go from there.

It makes me sad when people tell stories of how their parents and family make fun of them for their piercings and body mods. You can dislike something all you want, but that does NOT give you the right or privilege to insult that person, make fun of them, question their intelligence, any of that. It makes me feel more and more lucky that pretty much none of my family really cares. They're all pretty chill, and my dad has just stopped questioning me. He says "I trust you to not to do anything stupid or truly detrimental to your future, so go for it." They're seemingly more concerned about my makeup choices anymore. stare

In the end, I think you have two main choices, you can either A) Do what you want, forget about what they think and what they say and do what makes you happy because it makes you happy (so long as it's all safe, sane, consensual, you're of age, use your own money, all that fun stuff), or B) Not rock the boat at all, keep your head down and finish school, get out, and never get to do the things you want because work won't allow it, or because you're afraid of what people might possibly think of you.

Take it from someone who's varying sorts of alternative, has been for a long time, and is not afraid to talk about it: You really do just have to stop giving a ******** what other people think. I know it's hard and painful and frustrating when your family makes fun of you, they're the people who are supposed to love you and care about you the most, but if that's how they're going to treat you, it may be worth it to cut them out of your life. At least partially, anyway. Nothing good comes from keeping toxic or negative people in your life, whether they're blood or not. If they insult you, walk out of the room. Leave the conversation. Excuse yourself from the party and go home/to your room, etc. If they ask why you don't participate anymore, explain that you're tired of them insulting you and don't want to be insulted, so you don't participate. Sometimes they get it, sometimes they don't, but the best you can do is express your feelings on the subject, be firm but not sink to their level, and do what's best for you in the end.

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Jagger-Wolf
You can wear a ring in a traditional labret all you want, you can even wear D rings if you're concerned about the inside rubbing on your gums and teeth. I would recommend getting sized and fitted for the D ring by a professional piercer, since you need to make sure you have the right diameter and that's hard to figure out on your own. Just have them do it, write down all the specs for you, and you can go from there.

It makes me sad when people tell stories of how their parents and family make fun of them for their piercings and body mods. You can dislike something all you want, but that does NOT give you the right or privilege to insult that person, make fun of them, question their intelligence, any of that. It makes me feel more and more lucky that pretty much none of my family really cares. They're all pretty chill, and my dad has just stopped questioning me. He says "I trust you to not to do anything stupid or truly detrimental to your future, so go for it." They're seemingly more concerned about my makeup choices anymore. stare

In the end, I think you have two main choices, you can either A) Do what you want, forget about what they think and what they say and do what makes you happy because it makes you happy (so long as it's all safe, sane, consensual, you're of age, use your own money, all that fun stuff), or B) Not rock the boat at all, keep your head down and finish school, get out, and never get to do the things you want because work won't allow it, or because you're afraid of what people might possibly think of you.

Take it from someone who's varying sorts of alternative, has been for a long time, and is not afraid to talk about it: You really do just have to stop giving a ******** what other people think. I know it's hard and painful and frustrating when your family makes fun of you, they're the people who are supposed to love you and care about you the most, but if that's how they're going to treat you, it may be worth it to cut them out of your life. At least partially, anyway. Nothing good comes from keeping toxic or negative people in your life, whether they're blood or not. If they insult you, walk out of the room. Leave the conversation. Excuse yourself from the party and go home/to your room, etc. If they ask why you don't participate anymore, explain that you're tired of them insulting you and don't want to be insulted, so you don't participate. Sometimes they get it, sometimes they don't, but the best you can do is express your feelings on the subject, be firm but not sink to their level, and do what's best for you in the end.

Yep, I've rebelled quiet a bit already. I think they just don't want me to get "worse" (no idea how body mods and tattoos make someone "worse" but eh) because I dropped out of school twice (once during junior then again in senior) then got a boyfriend (GASP!!! so bad!!!! Even though I put my life back together after starting to date him rolleyes ) Honestly, my step-dad is an old-school white boy from Oklahoma, and he disapproves of 80% of the choices I make, but thankfully my mom won't let him kick me out no matter what I do.

I think I might go for the piercings. Get my septum back, and maybe the vertical labret.

My step-mom is a super Christian Mexican woman. She's gonna freak out for sure. My mom would definitely hate a lip piercing. But ******** it, I mean, better now than when I have to go look for a job... Also, I think the main reason my step-dad doesn't want me to get them is because he still wants me to work while I go to school, which probably won't happen because I'm planning on going full time anyways. dramallama

Shirtless Werewolf

-----------------------------------------------------------User Image-vworp vworp----

Anyone have tips for first time tattoos? IE - how to research the right artist. How to know if I'm getting my money worth. The best place on the body to start. Etc.

--hello sexy---

Lucyyluuwhoo
-----------------------------------------------------------User Image-vworp vworp----

Anyone have tips for first time tattoos? IE - how to research the right artist. How to know if I'm getting my money worth. The best place on the body to start. Etc.

--hello sexy---

Going into the shops and looking at their portfolio is a great start; however, you need to talk to them and make sure they don't seem sketchy to you. We just had an artist get busted with a fake portfolio in my rinky-dinky town, but talking to him or watching what ACTUALLY came out of his shop (that he owned) proved that he falsified his portfolio. Ask around at your local coffee shops, Hot Topic, Spencer's, Hastings... Ask someone who has a nice tattoo, "Hey, that's cool! Who did it? Who do you recommend?" Honestly good places to get a first tattoo depends on the person, my first was on bone and second was my back, two places people usually tell you not to do but if you have a high pain tolerance or have had piercings before, you might not care. Get something small and easy to cover in the rare case (cough) you hate it or you twitch and its a bit messed up.

Bloodsucker

First tattoo c:
I know my webcam is cruddy. ha

User Image

Feline Rogue

11,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I was thinking of getting venoms and a Monroe. maybe a lip piercing or two. and countless tattoos. I for sure want a chest piece to cover up some discoloration on my collarbone area.

Bashful Strawberry

So, I want some hair advice! I either want to cut my hair, like short, like short short and dye it all pink. Or grow it out to almost to my shoulder blades and do unicorn rainbow pastels all over.. Now, the reason I ask, is because I want to get my nape pierced. What do you think would be the best course of action? What do you think would be least irritating to a new piercing?
Plus, since changing your hair also falls into the body modification category I thought this would be the perfect place to post!

P.S. Almost have my septum to my goal size of 4ga. Just one or two more warps of tape and I'll be there!! whee

Eloquent Vampire

Gummibear Pwns
So, I want some hair advice! I either want to cut my hair, like short, like short short and dye it all pink. Or grow it out to almost to my shoulder blades and do unicorn rainbow pastels all over.. Now, the reason I ask, is because I want to get my nape pierced. What do you think would be the best course of action? What do you think would be least irritating to a new piercing?
Plus, since changing your hair also falls into the body modification category I thought this would be the perfect place to post!

P.S. Almost have my septum to my goal size of 4ga. Just one or two more warps of tape and I'll be there!! whee
Short would probably be best. Less hair to get in the way or wrapped around it, less products to be used that could potentially get in it, and easier to soak and rinse in the shower, etc.

Bashful Strawberry

Jagger-Wolf
Gummibear Pwns

Short would probably be best. Less hair to get in the way or wrapped around it, less products to be used that could potentially get in it, and easier to soak and rinse in the shower, etc.

That was my initial thought too! Thank you!!

Eloquent Vampire

Gummibear Pwns
Jagger-Wolf
Gummibear Pwns

That was my initial thought too! Thank you!!
If it were already pretty long, like way past that area, I'd say keep it long. But since it sounds like you're kind of in the middle, and kinda wanting to go shorter anyway, I'd say just go short.

Feline Rogue

11,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
im looking into getting my venom's done, but I like to press my tongue up to the roof of my mouth when I eat to get that extra taste. (I know, it's weird)

will this effect the way I eat or the way I talk? I've heard people have a lisp for a week or so after they get it pierced and theyre tongue is all swelled up.

Eloquent Vampire

Sugar Sylveon
im looking into getting my venom's done, but I like to press my tongue up to the roof of my mouth when I eat to get that extra taste. (I know, it's weird)

will this effect the way I eat or the way I talk? I've heard people have a lisp for a week or so after they get it pierced and theyre tongue is all swelled up.
The lisp or any funny-talking usually just comes from swelling, getting used to the feeling of jewelry being in the way, and toward the end of healing, the too-long jewelry getting in the way of speaking. Usually after 2-3 weeks, once the swelling has gone away, you go in and have the jewelry changed to proper-fitting jewelry, this is ESSENTIAL. Do not skip this step.

You're going to want to avoid any undue pressure or trauma to the piercings when they're new, so try to avoid the tongue-pressing thing. And even when they're older any constant or repeated or prolonged pressure can cause migration, meaning the jewelry shifts or moves out of its original position.

Feline Rogue

11,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Jagger-Wolf
Sugar Sylveon

The lisp or any funny-talking usually just comes from swelling, getting used to the feeling of jewelry being in the way, and toward the end of healing, the too-long jewelry getting in the way of speaking. Usually after 2-3 weeks, once the swelling has gone away, you go in and have the jewelry changed to proper-fitting jewelry, this is ESSENTIAL. Do not skip this step.

You're going to want to avoid any undue pressure or trauma to the piercings when they're new, so try to avoid the tongue-pressing thing. And even when they're older any constant or repeated or prolonged pressure can cause migration, meaning the jewelry shifts or moves out of its original position.

what are the risks for your teeth condition when you have tongue rings? I have bad teeth in general so im not TOO worried, because I need dentures or false teeth early in my life weather I like it or not. it must suck biting on metal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff