Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Timid Star

my septum is swollen rn bc i got it done about 11 hours ago but i was wondering if it's normal to not be able to tuck it away while the swelling is this high? my gf says that that's normal and it gets easier as it goes down, plus it won't be as tender.

Alien Blob

I just ordered my first custom set of body jewelry from Anatometal and I'm super excited, but also super nervous that things aren't going to work out as well as I'm imagining them.

And, of course one of my piercings has decided to turn finicky now that I've placed an order. lol Hopefully it'll calm down before the jewelry comes in.

Lonely Vampire

10,950 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
wh0rsie
my septum is swollen rn bc i got it done about 11 hours ago but i was wondering if it's normal to not be able to tuck it away while the swelling is this high? my gf says that that's normal and it gets easier as it goes down, plus it won't be as tender.

Pretty normal, just be careful. It can cause pain during the healing process from moving it around so much. When I got my snake bites I kept tucking the hooks inside my mouth and actually ended up causing longer time for healing. The more you touch your jewelry while healing you can cause it to be prone to infections. Especially if you don't always wash your hands when you touch jewelry with a fresh piercing wound.
wh0rsie
septum/medusa combo or septum/nostril combo? or all three piercings?

the reason i ask is i love the septum/medusa combo but i'm hesitant for a multitude of reasons, these 3 being the main ones:
*i'm worried it'll look tacky
*i'm pretty sure i won't be wearing it for more than a few years
*i'm worried it will scar if/when i take it out

if anyone has experience with medusas or facial piercings in general, i'd really appreciate your input as well as your opinion on what i should get. my pic is in my sig to give you a reference.

I had the exact same dilemma. I had my septum pierced and wanted a medusa. It's my first and only facial piercing and I was also worried about scarring but I really wanted it and eventually told myself ******** it. I went ahead and got the medusa and didn't like how it looked with my septum and ended up taking my septum out altogether. I could've left my septum in and hid it by flipping it up, but to be honest I was tired of my septum piercing anyways. I just personally don't like the look of a medusa and septum piercing together. I think you should get a septum/nostril combo! I think that would suit you.
Does anybody have any experience with laser tattoo removal? I'm considering getting something lasered off and was wondering about the pain and healing process.

Hellraiser

ectogasm

What are everyone's experiences with the vertical labret piercings?
I've been wanting to get one for a few years now and my job is laid back, I don't have to worry about my parents "my house my rules" anymore
but cause my body swells ( tho my tongue web didn't and im thinking its a softer spot it won't stay swollen as long as my ear piecings, and get like a flatback barbell instead of 2 ball ends)
I can't go in and ask and look at jewelry because my piercer isn't local (their shop is out of town) and i've been trying to ask others but nothing...

Eloquent Vampire

ectogasm
ectogasm

I've been wanting to get one for a few years now and my job is laid back, I don't have to worry about my parents "my house my rules" anymore
but cause my body swells ( tho my tongue web didn't and im thinking its a softer spot it won't stay swollen as long as my ear piecings, and get like a flatback barbell instead of 2 ball ends)
I can't go in and ask and look at jewelry because my piercer isn't local (their shop is out of town) and i've been trying to ask others but nothing...

I had one several years ago. It didn't suit me aesthetically, so I didn't keep it for very long. Mine didn't swell too bad, just the appropriate amount, nothing that wouldn't be expected. I am prone to HT scarring, unfortunately, so I had to deal with that on the top part for a while. I would recommend a curved barbell for jewelry, absolutely, if you're looking for a flat back I'd recommend it on the top and some pretty end on the bottom, if that's your thing. I don't remember it being difficult to heal at all, it was sore for a while, though. Smiling, eating, any flex and movement of the lip itself kinda sucks, but keep talking and movement to a minimum for a while and you should be fine.

Hellraiser

Jagger-Wolf
ectogasm
ectogasm

I had one several years ago. It didn't suit me aesthetically, so I didn't keep it for very long. Mine didn't swell too bad, just the appropriate amount, nothing that wouldn't be expected. I am prone to HT scarring, unfortunately, so I had to deal with that on the top part for a while. I would recommend a curved barbell for jewelry, absolutely, if you're looking for a flat back I'd recommend it on the top and some pretty end on the bottom, if that's your thing. I don't remember it being difficult to heal at all, it was sore for a while, though. Smiling, eating, any flex and movement of the lip itself kinda sucks, but keep talking and movement to a minimum for a while and you should be fine.

It's the last one on my piercing bucket list I'm not in a hurry cause I wanna of course talk to my piercer in person.
And yeah, just a flat back on the top but curved ofc
Nothing that I haven't experienced before, I remember I couldn't eat solid foods with my tounge web pierced for a while cause it felt too weird lol
I think people said to drink with straws too when you first get a vertical labret done

Beloved Genius

blaqktongue
Does anybody have any experience with laser tattoo removal? I'm considering getting something lasered off and was wondering about the pain and healing process.

I have gotten it done and it hurt pretty badly. I got it done on my toe. It was not very effective because of the location. I heals like a burn because that is essentially what is being done.

Dedicated Seeker

12,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Cool Cat 500
❝ New piercing, obtained!

Tongue.

My non-nesting partner who went with me had a lot of fun listening to me trying to talk. The pain itself was maybe a 2/10 for the piercing itself, but now a handful of hours later, it is pretty sore. I can only take paracetamol, not anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen due to asthma. ❞
does anyone have experience tattooing over scars? i have a bunch on my forearm and i want to get something to cover it up, but am wondering how the ink will set/heal/etc. heart
wh0rsie

the reason i ask is i love the septum/medusa combo but i'm hesitant for a multitude of reasons, these 3 being the main ones:

if anyone has experience with medusas or facial piercings in general, i'd really appreciate your input as well as your opinion on what i should get. my pic is in my sig to give you a reference.

i have friends with both septum/medusa combo and septum/nostril combo and i really think it depends on your face shape. for me, i'm going for a nostril/medusa combo bc i hate the way a septum looks on me. but my friends with either combo look great!! maybe play around with some fake jewlery and see what you like.

Dedicated Seeker

12,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
dirtychailatte
wh0rsie

i have friends with both septum/medusa combo and septum/nostril combo and i really think it depends on your face shape. for me, i'm going for a nostril/medusa combo bc i hate the way a septum looks on me. but my friends with either combo look great!! maybe play around with some fake jewlery and see what you like.

❝ Seconding the fake jewellery suggestion smile

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

darkling delight

Tongue.

My non-nesting partner who went with me had a lot of fun listening to me trying to talk. The pain itself was maybe a 2/10 for the piercing itself, but now a handful of hours later, it is pretty sore. I can only take paracetamol, not anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen due to asthma. ❞

Ive done it 5 days ago and it is actually pretty good! Just take care and be careful with cleaning talking and eating. If you have any questions you can ask me tho //its not like I know everything and I don't knoe if you have any other piercings so just saying

Dedicated Seeker

12,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Aron Oni
darkling delight

Tongue.

Ive done it 5 days ago and it is actually pretty good! Just take care and be careful with cleaning talking and eating. If you have any questions you can ask me tho //its not like I know everything and I don't knoe if you have any other piercings so just saying

❝ 13 days and solid food/alcohol is now a go, no issues smile Talking is back to normal now as well. My other piercings are... ears (x2 one side, x1 the other), nipples, nose (both sides) and labret. ❞

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff