Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Garbage Gaian

Hello I got my naval pierced yesterday and I was looking at it earlier and I feel like it is crooked...
And I don't know if that is because of the piercer or because of it still being swollen
I also don't know if it's just me looking at it so I'm just going to post a picture and it'd be really helpful if one of you guys see something weird with it or you think it's just fine
And sorry you have to to see my ewwie belly

User Image

Eloquent Vampire

Unbearable Bear
Hello I got my naval pierced yesterday and I was looking at it earlier and I feel like it is crooked...
And I don't know if that is because of the piercer or because of it still being swollen
I also don't know if it's just me looking at it so I'm just going to post a picture and it'd be really helpful if one of you guys see something weird with it or you think it's just fine

User Image
Try not to ever judge a piercing until the swelling period is over. Swelling can make even perfectly performed piercings look off, so just give it about 2-3 weeks, minimum, before you judge it.

In the meantime, navel pirecings are a type of surface piercing, meaning they take a LONG time to heal. After the swelling is over, make sure you go back in to your piercer and switch out the too-long barbell for one that fits properly, then DO NOT change the jewelry for another 4-6 months, minimum. Expect up to a year or more for full healing.

Eloquent Vampire

I'm gonna be honest. Tony and I are in some pretty serious financial straights right now, and we could use all the help we can get. I just listed TEN beautiful new items to Etsy, so if anyone would like to help us out, please give the shop a look. I am also taking on some commission work, so if there is something you'd like but don't see, you'd like something in a different size or color, message me here or on Etsy and we can talk business.

You can also save 15% off your total purchase through February 1st with the coupon code "SAVE15". Please link your friends, pickup a cool gift for a friend or some new accessory for yourself, and help us keep the lights on, the heat going, and our rent paid. Thank you all so much!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlterKnitGoth
Unbearable Bear

User Image

As Jagger said, naval piercings can take about a year to fully heal. I've had mine for about 1 1/2 years, and I'd say that at about a year of having it, it was completely finished healing. I used anti-bacterial soap when cleaning mine before getting in the shower which sometimes caused a little redness (but not soreness), and my piercer said that was totally normal. I also had a period of maybe about two weeks where it was a little red, and he also said that was normal. I waited maybe 10 months before switching out the barbell, just to be totally safe. But that's just me.

Don't touch it (at least with your fingers, q-tip might be okay if you're gentle). At all. Assuming your barbell is the same metal that mine are, it's made of a special material so the skin will not heal onto it, but around it.

Eloquent Vampire

Fereila
Unbearable Bear

User Image

As Jagger said, naval piercings can take about a year to fully heal. I've had mine for about 1 1/2 years, and I'd say that at about a year of having it, it was completely finished healing. I used anti-bacterial soap when cleaning mine before getting in the shower which sometimes caused a little redness (but not soreness), and my piercer said that was totally normal. I also had a period of maybe about two weeks where it was a little red, and he also said that was normal. I waited maybe 10 months before switching out the barbell, just to be totally safe. But that's just me.

Don't touch it (at least with your fingers, q-tip might be okay if you're gentle). At all. Assuming your barbell is the same metal that mine are, it's made of a special material so the skin will not heal onto it, but around it.
High quality body jewelry isn't made of any sort of special material. It's just made of high quality metals like high grade steel, titanium, or niobium. Frequently the titanium is the same implant-grade used on joint replacements, broken bone plates and screws, etc. The "healing onto" of metal happens when the cheap, crap, full of unknown or even unsafe metal corrodes away inside the body, creating uneven porous surfaces, allowing the skin to adhere to it. High quality metals are mirror finished and perfectly smooth, giving nothing for the skin to stick to.

So it's not that it's any sort of "special material", just GOOD material.

Asuran Prophet

I've been meaning to buy something from your etsy for a while anyway, Jagger. Now the hard part is just deciding what I want (all of it).

I haven't been to a dermatologist about the keloids yet. I plan on making an appointment this week, though. Christmas and New Years took too much of my time.

Eloquent Vampire

Myin
I've been meaning to buy something from your etsy for a while anyway, Jagger. Now the hard part is just deciding what I want (all of it).

I haven't been to a dermatologist about the keloids yet. I plan on making an appointment this week, though. Christmas and New Years took too much of my time.
Christmas and New Years seems to have been gnarly for everyone this year. Everyone I've spoken to, anyway.

Also, remember that I am taking on some commission work, so if you see something you like but want it in a different color or size or whatever, just send me a message on Etsy and we can talk a bit of business. 3nodding

Fashionable Noob

Where can i get a plain steel barbell (ball or flat back) with a ring on it? I want to add my own charm. 5/16th if possible...i think the 1/4th will be too tight.

Like this with no butterfly.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eloquent Vampire

Kaielyn
Where can i get a plain steel barbell (ball or flat back) with a ring on it? I want to add my own charm. 5/16th if possible...i think the 1/4th will be too tight.

Bodyartforms.com, or BAF for short, has tons of basic stuff like that.

You could also just order a barbell and take the charm off. Nothing a pair of good needle-nose pliers won't fix.

Fashionable Noob

Jagger-Wolf
Kaielyn

Bodyartforms.com, or BAF for short, has tons of basic stuff like that.

You could also just order a barbell and take the charm off. Nothing a pair of good needle-nose pliers won't fix.
Well they did have cute...out of stock...things but didn't see what i need. Don't really want to overspend on a decorative one just to cut it off. Steel is pretty hard also if the jump ring is thick. :/

Tipsy Ladykiller

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Clambake 200
Jagger-Wolf
I'm gonna be honest. Tony and I are in some pretty serious financial straights right now, and we could use all the help we can get. I just listed TEN beautiful new items to Etsy, so if anyone would like to help us out, please give the shop a look. I am also taking on some commission work, so if there is something you'd like but don't see, you'd like something in a different size or color, message me here or on Etsy and we can talk business.

You can also save 15% off your total purchase through February 1st with the coupon code "SAVE15". Please link your friends, pickup a cool gift for a friend or some new accessory for yourself, and help us keep the lights on, the heat going, and our rent paid. Thank you all so much!

::comes out of hiding::

Got anything in the Pastel Goth department? Lolololol

Why did I log into this place again?

Eloquent Vampire

Proxie Aeror
Jagger-Wolf

I'm sure I could make something. For the right price. ninja

Tipsy Ladykiller

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Clambake 200
Jagger-Wolf
Proxie Aeror
Jagger-Wolf

I stumbled across these two in a bin at the Zon one night and thought of you, like a creeper

Pretty in Punk

Gothic Knits (dolls)

I'm currently trying to go Lavender with the hair, which is whyI threw out pastel goth XD but i wouldn't mind contributing to funds and getting some awesome swag. Maybe I can find something I like and commission your a** into slavery.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I wish my first piercing didn't get infected. Now I only ever think about getting clip-ons because my left ear is scarred. (I'll have to take a photo sometime.)
A friend gave me an earring in high school that she claimed she disinfected. Not enough as it seems because it itches like crazy and because the ornament was heavy (it was like, a dice or something,) it actually cut down my ear. It got pus and s**t, and once it finally sealed I never went back.
Although feeling it now, the scar is not nearly as bad as it was right afterwards.

Eloquent Vampire

Proxie Aeror
Jagger-Wolf
Proxie Aeror
Jagger-Wolf

I stumbled across these two in a bin at the Zon one night and thought of you, like a creeper

Pretty in Punk

Gothic Knits (dolls)

I'm currently trying to go Lavender with the hair, which is whyI threw out pastel goth XD but i wouldn't mind contributing to funds and getting some awesome swag. Maybe I can find something I like and commission your a** into slavery.
I have several mohawk hats I could probably make, but the dolls are a little out of my skill range at the moment. Never attempted one, mostly because of the specialty yarn and needles required to make most of them (super tiny of each, and that's a pain). But as far as cool hats are concerned, I can do most anything. I know infinity scarves and cowls are really popular amongst the general hipster-esque crowds, and those are really easy to make. So if you do end up thinking of something, just drop me a line and we'll make a deal. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff