Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Sparkly Nymph

13,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hellraiser 500
Fairlight Tulaavicka
Allergic to metals

Believe it or not, I'm highly allergic to most metals, and I was able to get pierced 8 times. If you actually want a piercing, I would try it and try a few different types that Jagger-Wolf mentioned. I found out the hard way what caused reactions and what didn't.

Jagger-Wolf
The best way is the cup. If you can, get some of these instead. They're frequently like $1 at the grocery store in the baking isle, or in a pack of three for $3 or something. Prepare your salt soak as normal (remember: 1/4 teaspoon of non-iodised sea salt into 8oz/1 cup of distilled, not tap, water), then pour it into the bowl to the very, very brim. Lay a folded towel on the floor or the edge of the couch, put the bowl on the towel, then lay your ear into it. Stay that way for 5-10 minutes at a time, 2 times a day. Rinse off with plain warm water.

I actually have a few of those little bowls floating around. I will have to try it that way. It seems a little easier.

I have a 9 inch surgical scar on my elbow, yep, I'm familiar with those. I just didn't know that's what they were called. And no, I'm pasty white German, Italian and Scottish. But that is very interesting. It makes sense with the scarification though.

Yeah.. The only thing is I'm a little timid to change the barbel out by myself right now. Is it in my best interest at this point to get something like.. flatbacks? My piercer used either a 16ga or a 14ga bar and I only have lipstud flatbacks. Which are 16ga.
Yeah, I am reaaaally careful with it where things like hair brushing and headphones are concerned. I can't seem to not accidentally bump it though DX

Eloquent Vampire

Guillotine Dress
Fairlight Tulaavicka
Allergic to metals

Believe it or not, I'm highly allergic to most metals, and I was able to get pierced 8 times. If you actually want a piercing, I would try it and try a few different types that Jagger-Wolf mentioned. I found out the hard way what caused reactions and what didn't.

Jagger-Wolf
The best way is the cup. If you can, get some of these instead. They're frequently like $1 at the grocery store in the baking isle, or in a pack of three for $3 or something. Prepare your salt soak as normal (remember: 1/4 teaspoon of non-iodised sea salt into 8oz/1 cup of distilled, not tap, water), then pour it into the bowl to the very, very brim. Lay a folded towel on the floor or the edge of the couch, put the bowl on the towel, then lay your ear into it. Stay that way for 5-10 minutes at a time, 2 times a day. Rinse off with plain warm water.

I actually have a few of those little bowls floating around. I will have to try it that way. It seems a little easier.

I have a 9 inch surgical scar on my elbow, yep, I'm familiar with those. I just didn't know that's what they were called. And no, I'm pasty white German, Italian and Scottish. But that is very interesting. It makes sense with the scarification though.

Yeah.. The only thing is I'm a little timid to change the barbel out by myself right now. Is it in my best interest at this point to get something like.. flatbacks? My piercer used either a 16ga or a 14ga bar and I only have lipstud flatbacks. Which are 16ga.
Yeah, I am reaaaally careful with it where things like hair brushing and headphones are concerned. I can't seem to not accidentally bump it though DX
Do not change the jewelry yourself. Go back to your piercer and have them do it for you. You'll have to buy new jewelry, but whether you need flatbacks or regular dual-ended barbells will depend in your anatomy, your piercer will know what's best for you.

Industrial piercings just get in the way, that's just sort of how they are. As you get more used to it being there, you'll start training yourself to avoid it. You can minimize trauma by switching out the one long barbell for the two shorter ones, as I said, and making sure you get as small of ends as you can get. Most people do just fine with 3mm ends, sometimes even as small as 2mm. These are less likely to get caught and bumped than larger ends, like 5mm or even 6mm sometimes.

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
if my dermals are rejecting and half hanging out [like one end of the foot is actually out of my skin] will they eventually just completely push themselves out? or do i need to go get them cut out [i'm a bit worried if i have to do that because i'm in a place where almost no-one speaks a language i can speak]?

sweatdrop

Eloquent Vampire

Pugnacious Banana
if my dermals are rejecting and half hanging out [like one end of the foot is actually out of my skin] will they eventually just completely push themselves out? or do i need to go get them cut out [i'm a bit worried if i have to do that because i'm in a place where almost no-one speaks a language i can speak]?

sweatdrop
They can push themselves all the way out, and the scarring can be worse if you let them do that. Ideally, you'll want to have them removed professionally.

Sparkly Nymph

13,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hellraiser 500
Okay, I'll have them do that as soon as I have money for more jewelry. I can actually feel the tension of the bar when I was trying to get comfortable to sleep.

I don't bump it much any more, it's more the strain, the top ball sits almost against the earpiece of my glasses, right under it, above it or directly against it, which is one of the problems. That's why I was thinking flat backs. Or even just smaller end balls might help.
My people! I love tattoos and piercings. I'm almost done getting all the piercings I want (I just need to get a forward helix done on my left ear), but I'm nowhere near done getting all the tattoos I have in mind. My current list...

Piercings
Bridge
Nose (both sides)
Vertical Labret
Belly button, done twice, top and bottom
Industrial (right ear)
Helix (left ear)
10 earrings (5 on each side)
First hole in each ear is stretched to a 0g
Second hole on each side is stretched to a 6g

Past
Sternum
Nape
Nose (4 separate times, all taken out for various reasons and redone)

Tattoos
Ankh, behind my neck
Scorpion behind my ear
Sigil of Lucifer on my upper left bicep
Piercings

Two lobes in both ears
Septum

Past

Nostril
Labret
Right Eyebrow

Tattoos
Right Arm
User Image

I plan on getting a few more tattoos in the future, but so far I've only got her heart

Hellraiser

So, I finally got my tongue web done about 2 weeks ago. I'm in love with it. I'm so proud of it, it's my first oral piercing.
Did not hurt at all, but the clamp kinda did. Eating and yawning were a pain at first.
It's very easy to clean and manage

I was worried about it at first cause I tend to swell but it worked out!

Edit:
I keep up with the cleaning but I've found some white buildup on the ends of the barbell, just in the past few days.
I've been reading up on it and people scrape it off, do I need to take it out to do that? Some people haven't. Its still healing I think and I'd be afraid of not being able to put it back in
sweatdrop

☠

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
Jagger-Wolf

I told you that you needed the item :p

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Hey! Quick question to all you pros. I had posted a thread, but no one has really given me an answer yet.

So, this is a little weird, since it's a piercing that's over ten years old, and hasn't been "used" in at least a year.

I have two lobe piercings, and used to have some cartilage piercings also, but after getting tired of them being constantly irritated, and having to keep earrings in ALL of them (I had six in one ear and five in the other), I let all but the very bottom two lobe ones close up.

So, the second lobe piercing, the one I haven't used in over a year, that was done in 2004, is very irritated. It keeps getting a sort of lump, with pus inside, and is all scabby on the back. I try not to touch it, but when I do, it's pretty sore.

What could cause a completely untouched piercing to all the sudden get infected (as I assume it is, from the pus) ?

And what kind of treatment do you guys recommend?
Got a tat on my back of a cherry blossom tree
Savagely_Beast
Got a tat on my back of a cherry blossom tree
User Image

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Hello all! It has been forever since I am popped in! Everyone stoked for Halloween! What is everyone's plans?
Jagger-Wolf
Allergic to metal means you're allergic to nickle.

That's a common misconception, but it's not quite on the money. Nickel is the most common metal allergy, but it's far from the only one. Chromium and cobalt are also very common allergenic metals. Even elementally pure gold can cause contact allergies, it's just less common. ( http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/753986 )

To reliably find out what you're actually allergic to, you have to get patch tested by a GP or immunologist.

It's not something that bars you from getting piercings, though. A lot of piercings can take glass jewellery, and high purities of titanium and niobium are common options, if you have problems with normal gold and steel.
The Fetish Faerie
Hello all! It has been forever since I am popped in! Everyone stoked for Halloween! What is everyone's plans?

How weird that we popped in on the same day!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff