Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Eloquent Vampire

Proxie Aeror
Next body mod: Self Amputee, cutting my feet off. Actually probably chopping off at the knee. Get me some of these. Just call me Blade Picker.

Seriously, my feet are killing meeeeeeeh. Week one was terrible at the warehouse. My heels are chewed to s**t and I have blisters on the bottom of two of my toes. Huge blisters that covered like the entire toe lol
Get some good, GOOD insoles. You can get them in running shoe stores, or any other "professional" shoe store. My boyfriend got some custom fit ones when he was doing door-to-door pest control sales, walking like 10 hours a day on concrete. They saved his feet, back, legs, all of it, for only about $80.

Soak your feet at the end of the night, too. Salt water, soothing oils in it, whatever you like. And take Ibuprofen for sore muscles, stretch, get massages from anyone willing to give them. I felt the same way shortly after starting my deli job, it'll get easier as you get more used to it, but start taking care of yourself now.

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
Satans Bloody Valentine
So I have a question, and this is for TATTOO ARTISTS ONLY, or someone who knows the laws VERY well..

So my sister got a tattooing kit recently, and wants to pursue a career in tattooing. She does not have a tattoo license, and does it at home. She recently did a tattoo on me and it came out well. Well, she wants to practice on people, NO CHARGE. Now, my question is, is that illegal? I don't know why it would be, but it's no charge and for practice.

You don't have to be a tattoo artist to know the laws.
As Jagger said, it's VERY illegal and VERY disgusting.

Tipsy Ladykiller

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Clambake 200
Jagger-Wolf
Proxie Aeror
Next body mod: Self Amputee, cutting my feet off. Actually probably chopping off at the knee. Get me some of these. Just call me Blade Picker.

Seriously, my feet are killing meeeeeeeh. Week one was terrible at the warehouse. My heels are chewed to s**t and I have blisters on the bottom of two of my toes. Huge blisters that covered like the entire toe lol
Get some good, GOOD insoles. You can get them in running shoe stores, or any other "professional" shoe store. My boyfriend got some custom fit ones when he was doing door-to-door pest control sales, walking like 10 hours a day on concrete. They saved his feet, back, legs, all of it, for only about $80.

Soak your feet at the end of the night, too. Salt water, soothing oils in it, whatever you like. And take Ibuprofen for sore muscles, stretch, get massages from anyone willing to give them. I felt the same way shortly after starting my deli job, it'll get easier as you get more used to it, but start taking care of yourself now.
I just went out and bought some running shoes. Ugly a** things lol. They better feel better or I'm gonna be pissed on that 100 bucks blown.

I'm also considering wearing the unthinkable...yoga/athletic pants ::cringe:: But it's warm in there, and jeans start to feel icky. But with all the squating and walking maybe my a** will look good in them soon XD I already get told I have a nice a** though, so mabe it'll be okay. At least no one can take a photo of this monstrosity.

Beloved Genius

I have a question! So I will be getting a tattoo on the 21st this will be number 6. I'm getting it done on my ribs and its just a small piece. What do you recommend wearing while its healing? I mean bra wise. does anyone have any tips in this department? All of my other pieces were done in spots that I didn't have to worry about my bra or anything irritating it.

Eloquent Vampire

xlove_buttonx
I have a question! So I will be getting a tattoo on the 21st this will be number 6. I'm getting it done on my ribs and its just a small piece. What do you recommend wearing while its healing? I mean bra wise. does anyone have any tips in this department? All of my other pieces were done in spots that I didn't have to worry about my bra or anything irritating it.
Go without one, if you can at all. Or at least go without one as often as you can. Loose fitting sports bras would work, or your regular one if it's not too tight either. If you wear underwires and they may interact with the tattoo, go get a cheap one without wires for the first few weeks.

You just want to minimize trauma, rubbing, and pressure on the area as much as you can.

Beloved Genius

Jagger-Wolf
xlove_buttonx
Go without one, if you can at all. Or at least go without one as often as you can. Loose fitting sports bras would work, or your regular one if it's not too tight either. If you wear underwires and they may interact with the tattoo, go get a cheap one without wires for the first few weeks.

You just want to minimize trauma, rubbing, and pressure on the area as much as you can.

okay thank you very much! I'll have to get one without an underwire!

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
Proxie Aeror
Jagger-Wolf
Proxie Aeror

I just went out and bought some running shoes. Ugly a** things lol. They better feel better or I'm gonna be pissed on that 100 bucks blown.

I'm also considering wearing the unthinkable...yoga/athletic pants ::cringe:: But it's warm in there, and jeans start to feel icky. But with all the squating and walking maybe my a** will look good in them soon XD I already get told I have a nice a** though, so mabe it'll be okay. At least no one can take a photo of this monstrosity.

My mother went to some specialty shop for these sneakers that look weird as ******** but she swears up and down that it alleviates a lot of the pressure that is put on her feet and back. Apparently the right shoe can make a world of difference.
Hi,

I wanted some advice regarding cleaning a new piercing. I recently got a cartilage and rook piercing. My piercer told me that all I had to do in terms of cleaning was to spray H2Ocean on it, 3 times a day. However, I've read a bunch of other things regarding aftercare and I'm pretty much conflicted now. If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it!

What I've been doing for the last two days since I've had it:
Morning: H2Ocean
Afternoon: H2Ocean
Night: Sea salt soak
Before bed: H2Ocean
I've also sprayed on the H2Ocean every time the piercings start throbbing/swelling/etc. because it helps me alleviate the pain. Should I continue to do this? Or would this be overcleaning it? Can you overclean a piercing?

Like what I said before, if anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Eloquent Vampire

thisOctober
Hi,

I wanted some advice regarding cleaning a new piercing. I recently got a cartilage and rook piercing. My piercer told me that all I had to do in terms of cleaning was to spray H2Ocean on it, 3 times a day. However, I've read a bunch of other things regarding aftercare and I'm pretty much conflicted now. If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it!

I've also sprayed on the H2Ocean every time the piercings start throbbing/swelling/etc. because it helps me alleviate the pain. Should I continue to do this? Or would this be overcleaning it? Can you overclean a piercing?

You're way overdoing it. And yes, you can over clean, and that's potentially just as bad as not cleaning enough.

H2Ocean is fine for traveling cleaning, or when you can't make a proper soak (at school/work, after the gym, etc.), but it's not meant for regular cleaning and it's WAY too expensive to use as regular cleaning.

You should be doing a salt soak two times a day, and if you want, one additional just plain warm water soak. The proper recipe for a salt soak is 1/4 teaspoon of pure, non-iodized sea salt dissolved into 8oz/1 cup of distilled water. No more salt is needed, and is actually detrimental to make it stronger. Ideally, to soak ear piercings, get a shallow bowl and mix your soak into it. Fold a towel underneath the bowl, then lay your head into it, making sure the water overflows and forms a sort of seal around your head. That assures it's getting all the way up to where it needs to be. Soak 2 times a day, for 5-10 minutes each time. That's it.

H2Ocean isn't worth it. It's a good $14-$16 for the large bottle, and it's 4 fluid ounces. 4 fluid ounces is half a cup. You're spending $14-$16 for a half cup of salt water with some additives. Where as you can get a giant grinder or container of sea salt for $3 at the grocery store, at most, and it'll last you hundreds of sea salt soaks.
Jagger-Wolf
thisOctober
Hi,

You're way overdoing it. And yes, you can over clean, and that's potentially just as bad as not cleaning enough.

H2Ocean is fine for traveling cleaning, or when you can't make a proper soak (at school/work, after the gym, etc.), but it's not meant for regular cleaning and it's WAY too expensive to use as regular cleaning.

You should be doing a salt soak two times a day, and if you want, one additional just plain warm water soak. The proper recipe for a salt soak is 1/4 teaspoon of pure, non-iodized sea salt dissolved into 8oz/1 cup of distilled water. No more salt is needed, and is actually detrimental to make it stronger. Ideally, to soak ear piercings, get a shallow bowl and mix your soak into it. Fold a towel underneath the bowl, then lay your head into it, making sure the water overflows and forms a sort of seal around your head. That assures it's getting all the way up to where it needs to be. Soak 2 times a day, for 5-10 minutes each time. That's it.

H2Ocean isn't worth it. It's a good $14-$16 for the large bottle, and it's 4 fluid ounces. 4 fluid ounces is half a cup. You're spending $14-$16 for a half cup of salt water with some additives. Where as you can get a giant grinder or container of sea salt for $3 at the grocery store, at most, and it'll last you hundreds of sea salt soaks.

alright, thanks a lot (:
oh, by the way, does it have to be distilled water? and do i have to warm the mix up as well?

Eloquent Vampire

thisOctober
Jagger-Wolf
thisOctober
Hi,

alright, thanks a lot (:
oh, by the way, does it have to be distilled water? and do i have to warm the mix up as well?
You don't want to use plain tap water. It frequently has hard metals and impurities in it. Spend $1 and get a gallon of distilled water from the grocery store.

Yes, it must be warm to dissolve the salt. Make sure the microwave is clean and warm it up in bursts of about 15-17 seconds until it's just a bit hotter than you'd make your bath water.
Jagger-Wolf
thisOctober
Jagger-Wolf
thisOctober
Hi,

alright, thanks a lot (:
You don't want to use plain tap water. It frequently has hard metals and impurities in it. Spend $1 and get a gallon of distilled water from the grocery store.

Yes, it must be warm to dissolve the salt. Make sure the microwave is clean and warm it up in bursts of about 15-17 seconds until it's just a bit hotter than you'd make your bath water.

mmkay, got it. thanks! (:

Enduring Phantom

Anyone have input on vertical n****e piercings?

What is it like wearing a bra during the healing process?

Eloquent Vampire

pallbearer
Anyone have input on vertical n****e piercings?

What is it like wearing a bra during the healing process?
They'd be the same as any other direction of n****e piercings really.

You'll want to get a good sports bra or two, at least to sleep in. Getting new n****e piercings caught on wrinkles in the sheets is not fun. You can wear the bras during the day if you want, or depending on comfort, you can wear your regular bra. Go braless as much and as often as you can. Be very aware of shower towels, too.

Otherwise, LITHA method it: other than regular maintenance (salt soaks 2 times a day with maybe one added just warm water soak), Leave It The Hell Alone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff