Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Jagger-Wolf
glamaxon
Jagger-Wolf
glamaxon
Anyone else do waist training?

And before anyone tries to convince me other wise, it is a body modification, you can't tell me it isn't.

I've managed to lace down to a 27.5"-28" (natural waist is 32" ish). Image below.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
We've always thought it was a body modification. No need to get so defensive right off the bat. We also consider hair coloring a body modification to an extent, makeup too. We just try to focus on body piercing and tattoos mostly, since that's a specific 2/3's of what this thread was founded on, and the mods, MIA as they are, like us to keep as on topic as much as possible.

I'd like to start waist training, but I can't afford to regularly buy new corsets in decreasing sizes currently. And actual waist training corsets can get expensive individually, and it's not something I can do in my current spot in life. But if things improve, it's certainly something I want to get into.

Last time I called it a body mod I get chewed up and spat out, automatically defensive. Sorry.

I got mine for about $70 total, including shipping, and you shouldn't need to buy them more often than every 6 months or so. Otherwise you're going way too fast. surprised
You are right that if anyone tells you that it doesn't belong under the big fancy "body mod" umbrella is wrong, but most people's idea of "body modification" now just relates to tattoos, body piercing, scarification, that aspect of body modification. By definition, anything that alters what you've been naturally born with or naturally grown into is a body modification, and that umbrella is HUGE.

My boyfriend is about to lose his job, and while he has a few prospects lined up, we have no idea what the severance package is really going to contain, how long before he can get on unemployment after getting laid off, how much we'll get and how long it'll last, etc. It's just not a good time. But I have all of my corset ideas lined up and bookmarked, Youtube tutorials and a whole bunch of references ready to go, so all I have to do when it comes down to it is double check my numbers, reread the important references, then order.

Definitely understandable, then. I really hope it all works out! Have you checked out Lucy from Lucy's Corsetry? She has been nothing but amazing, she can answer anything. I adore her. heart heart heart

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Pugnacious Banana
i got my first dermal piercings today~~ i love them a lot but i didn't actually see them yet because i'm scared to take the tape off them in case i rip them out rofl
i read about it online before and it sounded painful and terrifying (i'm pretty much the most squeamish person ever, i had to go throw up in high school when my science class were watching an eye dissection video) but it hurt a lot less than i expected and the piercer said the first one didn't even bleed at all. i want to get like 500 of them now 4laugh
sad hey can anyone tell me how these are supposed to look after a few days? ^
i was cleaning them today and it looks like one end of the plate of each one isn't under my skin and i'm worried i'll have to go back to the studio and get it put under again or that they'll end up just coming out but i don't really know how this stuff works..
i don't know anyone else who has them to ask emo

Eloquent Vampire

glamaxon
Jagger-Wolf
glamaxon
Jagger-Wolf
glamaxon

And before anyone tries to convince me other wise, it is a body modification, you can't tell me it isn't.

I've managed to lace down to a 27.5"-28" (natural waist is 32" ish). Image below.

We've always thought it was a body modification. No need to get so defensive right off the bat. We also consider hair coloring a body modification to an extent, makeup too. We just try to focus on body piercing and tattoos mostly, since that's a specific 2/3's of what this thread was founded on, and the mods, MIA as they are, like us to keep as on topic as much as possible.

I'd like to start waist training, but I can't afford to regularly buy new corsets in decreasing sizes currently. And actual waist training corsets can get expensive individually, and it's not something I can do in my current spot in life. But if things improve, it's certainly something I want to get into.

Last time I called it a body mod I get chewed up and spat out, automatically defensive. Sorry.

I got mine for about $70 total, including shipping, and you shouldn't need to buy them more often than every 6 months or so. Otherwise you're going way too fast. surprised
You are right that if anyone tells you that it doesn't belong under the big fancy "body mod" umbrella is wrong, but most people's idea of "body modification" now just relates to tattoos, body piercing, scarification, that aspect of body modification. By definition, anything that alters what you've been naturally born with or naturally grown into is a body modification, and that umbrella is HUGE.

My boyfriend is about to lose his job, and while he has a few prospects lined up, we have no idea what the severance package is really going to contain, how long before he can get on unemployment after getting laid off, how much we'll get and how long it'll last, etc. It's just not a good time. But I have all of my corset ideas lined up and bookmarked, Youtube tutorials and a whole bunch of references ready to go, so all I have to do when it comes down to it is double check my numbers, reread the important references, then order.

Definitely understandable, then. I really hope it all works out! Have you checked out Lucy from Lucy's Corsetry? She has been nothing but amazing, she can answer anything. I adore her. heart heart heart
I've been following her for a while now. She's pretty darn amazing. My sister is looking into corsetting or waist training as well and I've pitched like all of Lucy's media to her, her Tumblr, her Youtube, everything I can think of. She's so fantastic.
Jagger-Wolf
glamaxon
Jagger-Wolf
glamaxon
Jagger-Wolf
glamaxon

I've been following her for a while now. She's pretty darn amazing. My sister is looking into corsetting or waist training as well and I've pitched like all of Lucy's media to her, her Tumblr, her Youtube, everything I can think of. She's so fantastic.

I was super freaked out yesterday because I thought I managed to do something wrong, but she was so comforting. I idolize her.

Eloquent Vampire

Pugnacious Banana
Pugnacious Banana
i got my first dermal piercings today~~ i love them a lot but i didn't actually see them yet because i'm scared to take the tape off them in case i rip them out rofl
i read about it online before and it sounded painful and terrifying (i'm pretty much the most squeamish person ever, i had to go throw up in high school when my science class were watching an eye dissection video) but it hurt a lot less than i expected and the piercer said the first one didn't even bleed at all. i want to get like 500 of them now 4laugh
sad hey can anyone tell me how these are supposed to look after a few days? ^
i was cleaning them today and it looks like one end of the plate of each one isn't under my skin and i'm worried i'll have to go back to the studio and get it put under again or that they'll end up just coming out but i don't really know how this stuff works..
i don't know anyone else who has them to ask emo
They can look a little raised or off kilter early on, swelling and trauma to the body can make them look odd at first. Keep them pressed down and covered for another day or two, only removing to clean them. Take some medical gauze or cotton and fold it under the bandage or even medical tape, then press it down comfortably and tape over it.

Microdermals are really only semi-permanent piercings anyway. Some people can keep them for years, and others, like me, can only keep them for several months. It depends on location on the body, implantation method and skill of the implantor, aftercare, and just how your body accepts them. Mine doesn't like them at all.

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Jagger-Wolf
They can look a little raised or off kilter early on, swelling and trauma to the body can make them look odd at first. Keep them pressed down and covered for another day or two, only removing to clean them. Take some medical gauze or cotton and fold it under the bandage or even medical tape, then press it down comfortably and tape over it.

Microdermals are really only semi-permanent piercings anyway. Some people can keep them for years, and others, like me, can only keep them for several months. It depends on location on the body, implantation method and skill of the implantor, aftercare, and just how your body accepts them. Mine doesn't like them at all.
do you think it's okay then if it looks like the short end of the plate isn't really under my skin? sad i messaged the studio that did it but they're closed and won't reply until tomorrow emo
they've been pressed down with medical tape and a big bandage dressing since i got them apart from taking it off to clean them sweatdrop
i want to at least keep them for a few months emotion_8c i only decided to get them because it seemed more likely to last longer than getting a surface piercing in the same place..

Eloquent Vampire

Pugnacious Banana
Jagger-Wolf

do you think it's okay then if it looks like the short end of the plate isn't really under my skin? sad i messaged the studio that did it but they're closed and won't reply until tomorrow emo
they've been pressed down with medical tape and a big bandage dressing since i got them apart from taking it off to clean them sweatdrop
i want to at least keep them for a few months emotion_8c i only decided to get them because it seemed more likely to last longer than getting a surface piercing in the same place..
Depending on location, a proper 90degree surface bar is a better idea than microdermals. But it also depends on the skill of the artist implanting them, some just aren't good enough to do it, microdermals as well as surface bars.

If they try to give you anything other than a fully metal 90degree surface barbell for a surface piercing, run.

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
glamaxon
Jagger-Wolf
glamaxon

People in the body mod community can be real a** wipes. Some people believe that if you ears aren't stretched to at least an inch or if you only have a couple of tattoos or piercings than you aren't really "modified" rolleyes

Eloquent Vampire

The Fetish Faerie
glamaxon
Jagger-Wolf
glamaxon

People in the body mod community can be real a** wipes. Some people believe that if you ears aren't stretched to at least an inch or if you only have a couple of tattoos or piercings than you aren't really "modified" rolleyes
This reminded me of something. A friend and I are thinking of doing a big cosplay group, and one of the characters has several facial piercings (double lower lip, bridge, and I think two in his eyebrow, several in each ear, and several elsewhere, but the facial ones are most important), and she expressed to me concern that if she were to cosplay this character, if she'd be offending the body mod community by faking them. I told her absolutely not, because it's for costume purposes. I also told her about how to test piercings (flat back scrapbooking gems and eyelash glue).

It was very sweet that she was concerned about that, but it also made me think that if anyone got "offended" over fake piercings for a cosplay, they're being WAY too elitist. It's this character, by the way:

His name is Noiz.
Jagger-Wolf
The Fetish Faerie
glamaxon
Jagger-Wolf
glamaxon

This reminded me of something. A friend and I are thinking of doing a big cosplay group, and one of the characters has several facial piercings (double lower lip, bridge, and I think two in his eyebrow, several in each ear, and several elsewhere, but the facial ones are most important), and she expressed to me concern that if she were to cosplay this character, if she'd be offending the body mod community by faking them. I told her absolutely not, because it's for costume purposes. I also told her about how to test piercings (flat back scrapbooking gems and eyelash glue).

It was very sweet that she was concerned about that, but it also made me think that if anyone got "offended" over fake piercings for a cosplay, they're being WAY too elitist. It's this character, by the way:

His name is Noiz.

@The Fetish Faerie Agreed, I wish it was more accepting

@Jagger-Wolf Uhm I'd love to see that character cosplayed emotion_kirakira heart

Eloquent Vampire

glamaxon

@The Fetish Faerie Agreed, I wish it was more accepting

@Jagger-Wolf Uhm I'd love to see that character cosplayed emotion_kirakira heart
Isn't he cute? He's such a little s**t, too. He's one of those characters where you want to beat his face in, and make out with him at the same time. xd

And to think, he's just one of like 8 fantastic characters to cosplay. We want to get a big group of us together.

It's not us, obviously, but here are some great cosplays of him. I think he'd be a lot of fun to cosplay, but a lot of work. His canon shoes are some of the UGLIEST things I've ever seen, and they'd be a pain to make, but worth it in the end:

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
since i was posting about my dermal piercing problems before, i thought i'd post an update
there are two women who do piercings at the place i use. one of them did my tongue piercing and she was really professional and i liked her a lot. the other one did a helix piercing for me before and didn't give me any aftercare advice (i assumed it was because i have a bunch of other piercings but then a friend got their first cartilage piercing by her and she was the same with them) and the piercing ended up with an infection, but i figured that could happen anyway and i didn't think anything of it.
anyway the second woman did my dermal piercings (i had wanted the other woman but it was her day off and i really wanted them so i got them anyway)
the first woman replied to my message to them today and said it sounded like they hadn't been put in deep enough and i could go see her if i wanted her to take a look at them
so i went to see her after work today and she said the other woman had made a mess of it and put them in the wrong direction, then when she took the surgical tape off them they pretty much just pulled right out emo
so i had to get her to cut into them again and put them in the right way emotion_8c but she says one of them is so close to my bone that it might not stay in anyway (she took forever trying to put it in so that she was happy with it) so if she ends up having to redo it lower where there's thicker skin i can get that for free..
also she said i shouldn't use the wound dressings i had been using (which were given to me by the woman on monday) because it turned out i'm allergic to them and i had a huge rash over where it was

anyway it was a traumatic experience for my first time cry
but i'll still get more sometime

Eloquent Vampire

Pugnacious Banana
but i figured that could happen anyway and i didn't think anything of it.

Why would you figure you'd get an infection?

Use medical tape instead of bandages. The fabric stuff rather than the plastic stuff. I got bad reactions and rashes myself when I used bandages or plastic medical tape, but not with the fabric stuff. You want to keep the covered for the first few days, and medical gauze or cotton and medical tape are the best way to do it. The fabric tape is also a bit less sticky than the rest, so it's not as hard or painful to pull off. You can also stick it to your hand once or twice to soften it up further, then place it over the dermals and cotton.

I would go back and tell the woman who did it wrong just how wrong she got it. And she shouldn't be performing this procedure if she doesn't know what she's doing. That's gross negligence on her part.

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Jagger-Wolf
Pugnacious Banana

Use medical tape instead of bandages. The fabric stuff rather than the plastic stuff. I got bad reactions and rashes myself when I used bandages or plastic medical tape, but not with the fabric stuff. You want to keep the covered for the first few days, and medical gauze or cotton and medical tape are the best way to do it. The fabric tape is also a bit less sticky than the rest, so it's not as hard or painful to pull off. You can also stick it to your hand once or twice to soften it up further, then place it over the dermals and cotton.

I would go back and tell the woman who did it wrong just how wrong she got it. And she shouldn't be performing this procedure if she doesn't know what she's doing. That's gross negligence on her part.
i got an infection in every other cartilage piercing i have even though i kept them clean so it was kind of expected sweatdrop

i had been using medical tape under the bandage dressing at first because that was what the original piercer said i should use
i asked today if there's anything else i should use instead of the bandage and she said it should be okay with just the tape so i'm just using that for now (it's the non-plastic kind of tape)

i'll just tell her next time i want anything done that i'd rather she didn't do my piercings and i'll wait for the other woman to be available. sad the woman today was like "i'll have to remind her how to do these and redo some training with her" but i think she was pretty annoyed about it because i guess it's giving the studio a bad name if i go around telling everyone about it. also she's having to fix someone else's mistakes and not getting any extra money for it. sweatdrop

Eloquent Vampire

Pugnacious Banana
Jagger-Wolf
Pugnacious Banana

i got an infection in every other cartilage piercing i have even though i kept them clean so it was kind of expected sweatdrop

i had been using medical tape under the bandage dressing at first because that was what the original piercer said i should use
i asked today if there's anything else i should use instead of the bandage and she said it should be okay with just the tape so i'm just using that for now (it's the non-plastic kind of tape)

i'll just tell her next time i want anything done that i'd rather she didn't do my piercings and i'll wait for the other woman to be available. sad the woman today was like "i'll have to remind her how to do these and redo some training with her" but i think she was pretty annoyed about it because i guess it's giving the studio a bad name if i go around telling everyone about it. also she's having to fix someone else's mistakes and not getting any extra money for it. sweatdrop
That leads me to believe it's wearer error, not procedure error. Meaning you did it to yourself. And are you sure it was full blown actual infection, or irritation? The two are VERY different and are treated in VERY different ways and have different symptoms.

You want something between the end of the jewelry and the tape, so the tape doesn't pull up on the jewelry when you change the dressing. A small square of medical gauze or cotton will do just that.

They're giving themselves a bad name if they have someone on staff who does procedures they're not fully qualified to do.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff