Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shiro Miyana
Leondra the Insane Rabbit
Dark_Tears
Read what you wrote. Cnn is not accurate. We have a New orleans Family living with us. and 90% of s**t being told CNN is false and thats what they say.

What is accurate then?
Why, FOX News of course! rolleyes

They're too moderate! What we really need in this country is every citizen making up their own stories as we go along and the one with the loudest voice gets theirs published and distributed to the masses. (No matter how uneducated they may be.)
Well i'm getting tired of this thread. Dark_Tears is dismissing all the facts she asked for as "CNN BULLSHIT!" I'll be leaving unless I get irritated again, and Dark_Tears is doing a great job of it.
Dark_Tear: About the weather..

The Bush administration could not possibly control the weather. Okay, they could have gone along with the Kyoto protocol, reduced greenhouse emmissions, but none of that assures us that the hurricane wouldn't have hit.
HOWEVER. You are ignoring the president's key role in the damages done to the city, and that's not counting being a few days and hundreds of deaths later late.

http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001051313
Tuggerfub Drum

The Bush administration could not possibly control the weather. Okay, they could have gone along with the Kyoto protocol, reduced greenhouse emmissions, but none of that assures us that the hurricane wouldn't have hit.
HOWEVER. You are ignoring the president's key role in the damages done to the city, and that's not counting being a few days and hundreds of deaths later late.

]http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001051313

I think it's thousands of deaths, though I don't think there isn't even a death count yet.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Dark_Tears
One the link is broken. So you lose right there.

The link to the White House website is broken?

Quote:
Bush only talked about Small Business and wanting everyone ot have their own home.

He talked about how one of our first priorities in rebuilding the Gulf Coast is to GIVE BUSINESSES A BREAK in setting up shop down there. And no, you weren't reading critically enough; he mentioned the bigger businesses as well. Right here:

Bush
incentives to companies that create jobs

Didn't say small that time, did he?

Quote:
You listening ot to much lib propaganda.

I listen to George Bush giving his agenda in his own words too much? You're right, it is indeed a sickeningly distorted trudge through a rich man's myopia.

Quote:
The people in Orleans need a temp. job till things are back in order.

NO, they need to find work that will provide for their childrens' educations, their own retirements, and so on. Temporary work is great and all, but what you need immediately to survive and what you need to, in his own words, "break the cycle of poverty" are two very separate things.

And yes, people need to stop encouraging businesses to outsource for production and rely on Medicaire for their employees' healthcare. But then, Bush favors outsourcing, didn't we know that?
zoobs
Tuggerfub Drum

]http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001051313

I think it's thousands of deaths, though I don't think there isn't even a death count yet.

Oh at least, but if I had jumped on the "t" word, I would've been baffled with all sorts of bullshit numbers, simply because of the oodles of hoardes corpses haven't been found yet and those who are sick haven't died yet.
And I'm one of those guys that doesn't really consider numbers like "2000" to be "thousands". 2000 is a couple. 3-4 is a few. More is several. NINE is "thousands", ten is "TEN THOUSAND" and more than that is impeachment.
We could institute the sort of thing that Brazil is doing: you can participate in a public welfare project like WPA that creates jobs, on the condition that you send your kids to school, and get them vaccinated and keep their health monitored with regular (six-month) checkups.
Shiro Miyana
Well, ok then. First off, just because Congress gave Bush the authority to declare war on Iraq doesn't absolve him of the responsibility. It was still ultimately his choice do actually go through with the act. And the fact that the war happened is not the only thing wrong. The piss poor management of the war, lack of an exit strategy, and the horrible planning job of the occupation fall squarely on the shoulders of our CC, which last time I checked was good ol Bush.

More to come, will post again as soon as I am able, but my mother needs the comp right now

Bad mangement of the war? Are you crazy? The war was one of the least bloody wars in history and still is. The actual fighting part of the war was masterfully executed, nothing slowed advancing troops at all. The occupation has also been relatively bloodless. Iraqi troops and police are being trained in Iraq right now and the country is being rebiult so what else exactly should good ol Bush be doing?
Bentenrai
Shiro Miyana
Well, ok then. First off, just because Congress gave Bush the authority to declare war on Iraq doesn't absolve him of the responsibility. It was still ultimately his choice do actually go through with the act. And the fact that the war happened is not the only thing wrong. The piss poor management of the war, lack of an exit strategy, and the horrible planning job of the occupation fall squarely on the shoulders of our CC, which last time I checked was good ol Bush.

More to come, will post again as soon as I am able, but my mother needs the comp right now

Bad mangement of the war? Are you crazy? The war was one of the least bloody wars in history and still is. The actual fighting part of the war was masterfully executed, nothing slowed advancing troops at all. The occupation has also been relatively bloodless. Iraqi troops and police are being trained in Iraq right now and the country is being rebiult so what else exactly should good ol Bush be doing?

One of the least bloody wars in history...hmm...I don't suppose that'd have anything to do with there not really being a real opposing army, is there? I mean, they're not fighting Iraqi soldiers. They're fighting whoever they think the insurgents are, like Al Jazeera.

Hilarious Swapper

Tuggerfub Drum

That what i said bush has nothing to do with the weather idoit
zoobs
Dark_Tears
zoobs
Dark_Tears
I'm sick of people saying that President Bush should be impeached beacuse they hate him. Thats not a real reason. People also seemed to be blaming the war on Bush. Comgress and House of Representatives declairs and pass the bills for war not the President.

Read your history and go take a civic's class somewhere.

Give me facts why you hate him if you do. Not I feel s**t because you base it on how you feel. You can't
Don't give me the iraq war was for oil because it was not, because no one gave me facts or anything about it

Halaburton (SP?) Has gained billions of dollars off the war in Iraq. Chenny used to be the CEO of Halaburton. Chenny, Bush, and the head of defence played a huge amount of influence by telling mostly lies to congress and the American people.
You can'y lie to congress they the same infromation that Bush does, duh. Stop watching CNN

The president can do what ever the ******** he wants, he's the president! And he had Chenny, the head of defence etc. Tell the world the WMD were hidden in Iraq.

Osama is still free in Afganastan, when Sadam is locked up. This is supposed to be a war on terrorism, and the ring master of 9/11 is still at large. And we went to Iraq because we thought there were WMD there? We know they are building nukes in Korea, and I bet the president doesnt even know that, I meen... He doesn't even read...

That Cheny comment is a joke. Saddam Hussein led the United States to believe that he had WMD capabilities in his country. That is just as good as if he really did have WMDs in his country. If the President was like "Nuh uh" and then Saddam went and nuked Iran the media would be railing Bush for not acting against Saddam.
Dark_Tears
Tuggerfub Drum

"Idiot"? now that is nice talk for a debate. If you actually read what he wrote, or the understanding of it, you would understand that he wasn't there for four days leaving NO in chaos and death. I think this is the fourth time I have repeated this.
Dark_Tears
Tuggerfub Drum

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
(imitating King Arthur in the holy grail) You make me sad.
For someone that wants facts, you're not really putting in the effort or brain synapses to absorb them.
zoobs
Dark_Tears
Tuggerfub Drum

"Idiot"? now that is nice talk for a debate. If you actually read what he wrote, or the understanding of it, you would understand that he wasn't there for four days leaving NO in chaos and death. I think this is the fourth time I have repeated this.

Damnit zoobs that's not the point! The point is the Bush Administration is directly responsible for the failures of the levees, including the main levee that was meant to keep lake pontetrian (sp?) from spewing into the city.
Bentenrai
zoobs
Dark_Tears
zoobs
Dark_Tears
I'm sick of people saying that President Bush should be impeached beacuse they hate him. Thats not a real reason. People also seemed to be blaming the war on Bush. Comgress and House of Representatives declairs and pass the bills for war not the President.

Read your history and go take a civic's class somewhere.

Give me facts why you hate him if you do. Not I feel s**t because you base it on how you feel. You can't
Don't give me the iraq war was for oil because it was not, because no one gave me facts or anything about it

Halaburton (SP?) Has gained billions of dollars off the war in Iraq. Chenny used to be the CEO of Halaburton. Chenny, Bush, and the head of defence played a huge amount of influence by telling mostly lies to congress and the American people.
You can'y lie to congress they the same infromation that Bush does, duh. Stop watching CNN

The president can do what ever the ******** he wants, he's the president! And he had Chenny, the head of defence etc. Tell the world the WMD were hidden in Iraq.

Osama is still free in Afganastan, when Sadam is locked up. This is supposed to be a war on terrorism, and the ring master of 9/11 is still at large. And we went to Iraq because we thought there were WMD there? We know they are building nukes in Korea, and I bet the president doesnt even know that, I meen... He doesn't even read...

That Cheny comment is a joke. Saddam Hussein led the United States to believe that he had WMD capabilities in his country. That is just as good as if he really did have WMDs in his country. If the President was like "Nuh uh" and then Saddam went and nuked Iran the media would be railing Bush for not acting against Saddam.

The "Chenny coment" is absolutley true. The company has literally gained billions of dollars over the war. And saddam never led us to believe anything, Bush did. He has been moderted since the Golf War and he had never produced anything. And Korea REALLY has WMD in that country. And Osama is running free in his little caves and holes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff