• Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
wft does this have to do with pets
Hello people who are posting.
Qote me if you reply to my saying!!!
Thank you.
IvoraAlex

Well, considering it's an informational discussion about pet food, particularly price in relation to quality and amount, I'd say the answer to your question is pretty obvious.

Greedy Receiver

IvoraAlex

Perhaps you should read the entire front page again? Or, hell, even the first post itself? This entire thread is dedicated to the food that we purchase and feed to our animals; listed from the best that you can feed them to the worst you could possibly plop into their bowl.
I used too feed my doggy poison like you, but then I took a puppy to the knee

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
How did this fall so far from the front page?

Going to post another one. This isn't one I've tried, but they sponsor http://freekibble.com/ and give food to animal shelters for every person who visits their site.

Halo makes grain-free food, both for dogs and cats. They have 3 lb. bags for 11 bucks on their website,

Info for INDOOR CAT–WILD SALMON (the one I've linked above)
Quote:
Ingredients:

Salmon, Eggs, Pea Protein, Oats, Pearled Barley, Vegetable Broth, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Whole Peas, Chicken Liver, Chicken, Flax Seed, Salmon Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Pea Fiber, Sweet Potatoes, Apples, Blueberries, Green Beans, Carrots, Cranberries, Zucchini, Alfalfa, Inulin, Calcium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Salt, Vitamins (Folic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Bitartrate, Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin), Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium longum, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus plantarum.

Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein 33.0% (Min), Crude Fat 18.0% (Min), Crude Fiber 6.5% (Max), Moisture 10.0% (Max), Ash 6.5% (Max), Taurine 0.1% (Min), Omega 6 Fatty Acids* 3.1% (Min), Omega 3 Fatty Acids* 0.50% (Min) *Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles

Calorie Content ME (calculated): 4,490 kcal/kg, 449 kcal/cup

Daily Feeding Recommendations:

Weight of Cat Cups/Grams
Small Cat (5 to 10 lbs / 2.5 to 5 kg) 1/3 to 1/2 cup / 35 to 53g
Large Cat (10 to 15 lbs / 5 to 7.5 kg) 1/2 to 2/3 cup / 57 to 75g

They have grain free for the same price. Grain-free Chicken

Quote:
Our Ingredients:

Chicken, Eggs, Pea Protein, Vegetable Broth, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Whole Peas, Chicken Liver, Flax seed, Salmon Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Pea Fiber, Sweet Potatoes, Apples, Green Beans, Carrots, Blueberries, Alfalfa, Cranberries, Zucchini, Calcium Sulfate, DL- Methionine, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Inulin, Salt, Vitamins (Folic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Choline Bitartrate, Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin), Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Magnesium Proteniate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium longum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product.

Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein 33.0% (Min), Crude Fat 18.0% (Min), Crude Fiber 6.5% (Max), Moisture 10.0% (Max), Ash 6.5% (Max), Taurine 0.1% (Min), Omega 6 Fatty Acids* 3.1% (Min), Omega 3 Fatty Acids* 0.50% (Min)
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles

Calorie Content ME (calculated): 4,490 kcal/kg, 449 kcal/cup

They do dog food too!

4lbs, 12 bucks. Dry Chicken

Quote:
Ingredients:

Chicken, Eggs, Pea Protein, Oats, Vegetable Broth, Pearled Barley, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Whole Peas, Chicken Liver, Salmon, Flax Seed, Salmon Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Pea Fiber, Sweet Potatoes, Apples, Blueberries, Green Beans, Carrots, Cranberries, Zucchini, Alfalfa, Inulin, Calcium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Salt, Vitamins (Folic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement ,Choline Bitartrate, Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin), Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Magnesium Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium longum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product.

Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein 28.0% (Min), Crude Fat 16.0% (Min), Crude Fiber 6.5% (Max), Moisture 10.0% (Max), Omega 6 Fatty Acids* 3.0% (Min), Omega 3 Fatty Acids* 0.48% (Min), Taurine* 0.1% (Min)

*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles

Calorie Content ME (calculated): 4,410 kcal/kg, 441 kcal/cup

They seem really big on the all-natural stuff. I like the fact that they support shelters.

heart My cats have started on Taste of the Wild and are doing well on it! Though Milo is short two front teeth (baby teeth fell out) so he hasn't had much use for dry for a week now. sweatdrop

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
terradi

Aww, thanks so much! You're such a great contributor. ^^

All those are added! And I didn't even need to leave Gaia, with all the info conveniently right in front of me. heart
Deandriea
Geez, looking at this, I feel like I might be better off letting the cat who wants to eat people food do that. (She goes after any lunchmeat, among other things)
As long as you watch what you are feeding, people food is fine smile We always give our cats leftover turkey/chicken/beef etc whenever we have it. It's good of them to eat a variety of things anyway, and not the same stuff over and over, even if it is a good kibble. The only thing you have to watch is how much you give them so they don't get fat. If we feed them leftover chicken etc we usually don't give them wet food that night.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Moth Feathers
terradi

Aww, thanks so much! You're such a great contributor. ^^

All those are added! And I didn't even need to leave Gaia, with all the info conveniently right in front of me. heart

Well, you're putting in all the hard work of organizing and categorizing everything. I figure the least I can do is make that easier for you!

Plus I have done just enough spreadsheet work at the shelter with organizing info on various cats (and being maddened by the lack of information on some of them when trying to put this together) to appreciate having all of that information right where it ought to be.

Dangerous Lover

Wow, this is hella useful, especially since one of my school friends, who feeds her half dozen dogs purina, has recently been considering switching to a better brand. She's on a budget like me but her dogs have been pretty sickly for most of their lives and one of her puppies just died, so she finally gave in to my pressure. cat_sweatdrop
I keep recommending the thread to people, so it should probably be a bit easier for people to find..
It was lost again...
~ Aki - Fairy ~
It was lost again...
I know it's irritating having to dig up this thread all the time lol
Henrika
~ Aki - Fairy ~
It was lost again...

I subscribed awhile back. Now that the initial discussion's been covered it doesn't have a lot to keep it up at the top all the time, so my list of half a dozen thread subscriptions is a lot easier to sort through than pages of forums or posts (have poison and chat in my list too for ease of access)
~ Aki - Fairy ~
Henrika
~ Aki - Fairy ~
It was lost again...

I subscribed awhile back. Now that the initial discussion's been covered it doesn't have a lot to keep it up at the top all the time, so my list of half a dozen thread subscriptions is a lot easier to sort through than pages of forums or posts (have poison and chat in my list too for ease of access)
Just subscribed smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces