IvoraAlex
wft does this have to do with pets
You again..... >.<

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Back to the top with thee!

Grr to Ika... she does not want to eat the Venison TOTW at ALL! Give her the fish only one and she is happy to eat it... but running low on that one so want her to eat more of the venison stuff.

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Mistress of Rain

Grr to Ika... she does not want to eat the Venison TOTW at ALL! Give her the fish only one and she is happy to eat it... but running low on that one so want her to eat more of the venison stuff.

When my animals don't want to eat their food I just give them the tough love routine.

I bought Nessie some awesome New Life Spectrum pellets and she spit them out at first. Waited like two more hours until feeding her them again...spit those out too. It really makes me mad when she spits out food that cost 8.99. -.-
Anyway, about eight hours in with eating none of her new food, she finally did.

I would give it 24 hours.
Also, you could use the old food as a treat (so as to make sure she doesn't starve) and use the new food as the staple. By using the old food as a treat, she'll be hungry, but not starving. ^^

I was talking to this guy who used to raise pigeons and he would tell me about how he'd make sure all the pigeons ate all of their food because he just gave them the -right- amount, no more or less. If you give them more food than they need, they get picky. If you don't give any new food until they've eaten all theirs, then they become much more accepting.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Moth Feathers
Mistress of Rain

When my animals don't want to eat their food I just give them the tough love routine.

I bought Nessie some awesome New Life Spectrum pellets and she spit them out at first. Waited like two more hours until feeding her them again...spit those out too. It really makes me mad when she spits out food that cost 8.99. -.-
Anyway, about eight hours in with eating none of her new food, she finally did.

I would give it 24 hours.
Also, you could use the old food as a treat (so as to make sure she doesn't starve) and use the new food as the staple. By using the old food as a treat, she'll be hungry, but not starving. ^^

The food she is refusing to eat is the one i was feeding her like a month ago where she only ate half a days worth... she will eat it, she will just wait until she is more than just a little hungry.

And I'm bad since even with stuff she likes she takes about an half an hour to eat, I give her half of her daily amount set it down and go to campus. if it isn't gone by the time I get home and go to bed I don't give her more until the next day.

Even with it always out from being home all day sometimes she goes to her bowls about 4 times a day. And since I don't give her all her food for the day I once she eats her food and then the other times she goes back to the bowls and if she doesn't have food she drinks water. I fill up her water bowl I least once a day.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Though thinking on it, What she doens't eat here in the next half hour I'm going to put in her Kong and put it back in her bowl to night when I get home.

Maybe being hungry will cause her to learn to play with her toy <.<
Moth Feathers

Also, you could use the old food as a treat (so as to make sure she doesn't starve) and use the new food as the staple.

I don't know about cats, but with my dog if I used new food as a treat before feeding it as a food she loved it a lot more because it started out as something special/a treat/a reward for being good (she'd have inhaled it either way, because she's not overly picky, but still)

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
~ Aki - Fairy ~
Moth Feathers

Also, you could use the old food as a treat (so as to make sure she doesn't starve) and use the new food as the staple.

I don't know about cats, but with my dog if I used new food as a treat before feeding it as a food she loved it a lot more because it started out as something special/a treat/a reward for being good (she'd have inhaled it either way, because she's not overly picky, but still)

Hrm, that's a good idea.
<insert bump here>
How do you feel "NOW Grain Free" stacks up?

De-boned Turkey, Potato Flour, Pea, Potato, Pea Fiber, Whole Dried Egg, Tomato, Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E) , Flaxseed, Natural Flavors, Coconut Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), De-boned Salmon,De-boned Duck, Apple, Dicalcium Phosphate, Sun Dried Alfalfa, Calcium Carbonate, Phosphoric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Lecithin, Potassium Chloride, Fruit: ( pumpkin, bananas, blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, papaya, pineapple), Vegetables: ( carrots, lentil beans, broccoli, spinach, alfalfa sprouts, garlic), cottage cheese, DL Methionine, Taurine, Zeolite, Vitamins: ( vitamin A, vitamin E, Vitamin C, niacin: source of Vitamin B3 thiamine mononitrate: source of Vitamin B1, pyridoxine hydrochloride: source of Vitamin B6, Riboflavin : source of Vitamin B2, Vitamin K, beta-carotene, inositol: source of Vitamin B8, d-calcium panthothenate, vitamin D3, folic acid: (source of vitamin B9) , biotin (source of vitamin B7 or H, vitamin B12) , Minerals: (zinc proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, iron proteinate, copper sulfate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite) , Kelp, L-Lysine, Prebiotics: (chicory root extract, mannanoligosaccharides), Probiotics: lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacillus casei, enterococcus faecium, bifido bacterium thermophilum), Ascorbyl-Polyphosphate, Digestive Enzymes: ( dried trichoderma viride fermentation extract, dried aspergillus niger fermentation extract, dried aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract) , Yucca Schidigera Extract, L-Carnitine, Marigold Extract, Dried Rosemary.

Crude Protein (min) 31%  
Crude Fat (min) 18%
Crude Fiber (max) 3%
Moisture (max) 10%
Ash (max) 6.5%
*Omega 6 Fatty Acids  (min) 2.8%
*Omega 3 Fatty Acids (min) 0.55%
Magnesium (max) 0.09%

460 kal per cup.
$35.99 per 10lb bag

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Linii

I'm assuming this is dog food?

Added it to the "Best" dog food category, because it's grainfree.
I wonder what percentage of it is meat, though? I think I'm seeing some ingredient splitting going on here (e.g., "Potato Flour, Potato" and "Peas, Pea fiber" wink but I'd appreciate some more info about that.
Moth Feathers
Linii

I wonder what percentage of it is meat, though? I think I'm seeing some ingredient splitting going on here (e.g., "Potato Flour, Potato" and "Peas, Pea fiber" wink but I'd appreciate some more info about that.

I'm sorry I should have said it was cat food.
Moth Feathers
Linii

It is one of the better brands, but it's kind of high in carbs for my tastes, (IMO I don't like cat/ferret food with less than 40% protein), BUT it is the lower end product made by Petcurean which also makes Go! which is much better. As a lower end grain-free brand though it's decent - just a bit too much carbs for me. I think Acana is about the same price, and I'd rather feed that, as even though it is Champion Pet Food's low end, it is still a much better food.
I would do some more research if you plan to add something on horses to the list but as far as my ponies go they get fed beat pulp and Purina Integri-T. The beat pulp is perfect for the winter (You have to soak it, so I like to soak mine in hot water then cool it off so they have a warm meal) because it's a nice filler and I find is great for helping put weight on. I use the Integri-T (Was originally called fat and fiber) because I find my pony needs a little extra help keeping his weight (He was a rescue and really thin when I got him). I spend about 60bucks in grain a month for both bags and they get top quality free choice hay which costs me 25 a month. Last summer I switched the ponies off of the beat pulp and Integri-T to Equalizer instead. Gives them what they need but at the same time isn't going to make them pudgy. x) The Equalizer is a bit more pricey, it's 60 bucks for a bag as opposed to 60 for the two, but it is less work as you don't have to soak it. I opted for though for the extra work just because it's much easier to manage weight on my one pony (It seems to be the only combination that really keeps the weight on him, though every horse is different). Either food though equaled for rich colored/very shiny ponies. xD x3

The worst thing I find for grain though is sweet feed. It's like energy drinks for horses and it's extremely easy for them to founder on.
has anyone heard of natural life? I found it in a local walmart.. this is the specific kind that I feed my dogs..
http://www.nlpp.com/lamadermdog.htm

Salyana's Wife

Loving Lover

Mr Abby
has anyone heard of natural life? I found it in a local walmart.. this is the specific kind that I feed my dogs..
http://www.nlpp.com/lamadermdog.htm

http://www.nlpp.com/adultdogfoods.htm

I don't know if this is the one you specifically feed your dog, but the ingredients are:
Quote:
Ingredients: Chicken Meal, Ground Yellow Corn, Ground Whole Wheat, Poultry Fat (preserved with natural mixed tocopherols, citric acid, and ascorbyl palmitate - a Vitamin C ester), Natural Flavors, Dried Beet Pulp, Dried Eggs, Fish Meal, Ground Flax Seeds, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Dried Kelp, Choline Chloride,Yucca Schidigera Extract, Glucosamine, Natural Antioxidants,Vitamin Supplements (E,A,B2,B12,D3), Niacin, Calcium Ascorbate, Calcium Pantothenate,Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Inositol, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Folic Acid, Biotin, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Cobalt Proteinate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenite, Rosemary Extract.

With corn being ingredient number two, there are far better brands out there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff