Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salyana's Wife

Loving Lover

Henrika
Simply not having animal by-products doesn't mean anything sad Is their cat not getting smellier? A lot of the time these bad cat foods will have added fat etc. which will make the fur appear shiny but the animal won't actually be healthy.
The cat is getting a little chubbier apparently. But instead of listening to my advice about grain free foods, the girl and her boyfriend pride themselves on the organic vegetables and stuff more than actually relevant stuff.
And I'm all for food that's better for the environment, including organic stuff. But I realize food like that is a marketing gimmick meant to appeal to derpy "environmentalists". And instead of it just impacting the human who bought the product, it impacts an animal, which is double ironic (and sad).
Radpops
Henrika
Simply not having animal by-products doesn't mean anything sad Is their cat not getting smellier? A lot of the time these bad cat foods will have added fat etc. which will make the fur appear shiny but the animal won't actually be healthy.
The cat is getting a little chubbier apparently. But instead of listening to my advice about grain free foods, the girl and her boyfriend pride themselves on the organic vegetables and stuff more than actually relevant stuff.
And I'm all for food that's better for the environment, including organic stuff. But I realize food like that is a marketing gimmick meant to appeal to derpy "environmentalists". And instead of it just impacting the human who bought the product, it impacts an animal, which is double ironic (and sad).
Maybe you could recommend another brand that is also grain-free and is sustainable? Acana and Orijen are both very good brands that while being grain free, are also locally produced from sustainable sources. I'm fairly sure it's not organic, but the meat products are mostly free range and wild caught, which IMO is more important since the largest portion of the kibble is made from the animal portions.
I feed Taste of the Wild to the pooch and she's 45lb's and eats roughly 1.11 dollars worth of food a day of Taste of the Wild. =) A 30lb bag lasts 40 days give or take, normally closer to 50 due to raw meals. I could almost do completely raw for 20-30 a month buying from walmart. ^^; Much cheaper if I could find deals. Instead buying a 5lb bag of random chicken pieces costs 5 dollars, chicken liver 2ish dollars. Huzzah. Its honestly not THAT much more expensive than kibble if you think about it, especially if you'r already feeding a high quality kibble.

The cats eat Taste of the Wild right now as well and it costs 55 cents a day to feed them both. =) A 15lb bag costs 33 dollars and should last roughly 60 days. ^^;

1lb of chicken should last 2 days if each cat eats 4oz... That'd be 50 cents a day to feed raw if you go the 5lb random bag.. A couple of pennies for liver or something.. A mouse here and there or something.. >_> I.. think I may be going raw for the cats, its the cheapest thing out there it seems. x.x

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Awesome thread Moth! Really labor intensive too o.o looking up all of that info!

Right now Sugar (kitteh) is on:
Wellness Core Kibble
Evo wet food
and 3-5 raw dinners a week (mostly chicken breast, fat, wings, and livers with the occasional heart and gizzard)

She's doing well except that I need to look into something a bit higher in calories, she's always had trouble maintaining weight and now that she's not on Friskies (bleh) she's a bit too skinny.

Lunatic

Managed to convince mom to get a little bag of the Purina One Beyond. We'll see how well they like it. Here's hoping we can get them onto some decent kibbles.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
christmas present for my friend = TOTW samples!
I swapped my dogs from Nutro to red meat Orijen. Best decision ever. I feed less and the food is MUCH better and cost the same
Vanilla eXee

Awesome thread Moth! Really labor intensive too o.o looking up all of that info!

Right now Sugar (kitteh) is on:
Wellness Core Kibble
Evo wet food
and 3-5 raw dinners a week (mostly chicken breast, fat, wings, and livers with the occasional heart and gizzard)

She's doing well except that I need to look into something a bit higher in calories, she's always had trouble maintaining weight and now that she's not on Friskies (bleh) she's a bit too skinny.
Orijen is high cal, around 480kcal a cup I think. My ferret eats it atm. But I'm planning on switching him to Epigen by Wysong. I don't like that the cat/dog epigen formula is only 12% fat though, I'd rather feed my cats the ferret formula which is 20% fat. Still a bit low for ferrets, but I supplement with fatty treats so its ok.
It's not food, but we got some new dog treats in at the store today. The first thing I do when I have opportunity to look at them, is check out the ingredients (may have seen the price first, but I'll get to that part later). I made faces of yuck at it. While not awful, it sure wasn't great. After checking that out, I turn the package over to look at the front, where it has a whole list of things that aren't included (in no particular order: corn, colour, fillers, blah-blah-blah; and the kicker? No Meat). The price: $6.49tax. It's a dinky little bag (7oz, maybe?) of dinky little treats. It has some elk antler stuff in it, which is why it's so special and expensive.

It's definitely not something I'll buy, not something I'll even push on customers to buy, not that they would at the price it's at.

I meant to bring home one of the brochures but forgot, so I'll try to grab one tomorrow, then post more about it somewhere.

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Geez, looking at this, I feel like I might be better off letting the cat who wants to eat people food do that. (She goes after any lunchmeat, among other things)
we have finch and canarys what do u recomend we feed them because there both in the same cages?

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Little-Miss-Death-Wish
we have finch and canarys what do u recomend we feed them because there both in the same cages?

What species of finches? How many? What sex are they?
Out of curiosity, the breed of canary you have would be cool to know, since I like canaries, but it's not necessary.
we have black cheek zebra finch and we have yellow and green canarys we also have white and brown finch , also i might need some information on budgies if u can help me out erm , both male and female sex in the cages and we have an avairy with about 10 females 10 males (finch) then 5 canarys 3 male 2 female

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Little-Miss-Death-Wish
we have black cheek zebra finch and we have yellow and green canarys we also have white and brown finch , also i might need some information on budgies if u can help me out erm , both male and female sex in the cages and we have an avairy with about 10 females 10 males (finch) then 5 canarys 3 male 2 female

Check out this site, it should answer any questions and is a good finch site.
ok thankyou very much for ur help smile
Moth Feathers
Little-Miss-Death-Wish

Check out this site, it should answer any questions and is a good finch site.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff