Welcome to Gaia! ::

I would like this to be a feature as long as it doesn't push back other important updates and such.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Oh, god. Those example eyes are bugging my out when they go all shiny. Ahhhh. /huddles in a corner

lol I'll be neutral about this. It can be a nice idea, but as long as there's a nice amount of variety to the styles.

Extreme Magician

16,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
If the price isn't something ridiculous and each will be a stand alone eye item,with different variety to choose from I'm all for it.

Precious Vegetarian

23,175 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Marathon 300
So cookie'd
Yes they have some flaw but they are still workable.
I just REALLY REALLY hope that if/when they come out
they WILL NOT be in a chance item.
I would not spend any money on them if they did.

I think more of the monthly letter/ duel ei/rei format would be so much better.
You buy it say for 250GC, open it and get to pick one pair.
I would be willing to bet that I would buy more then one,
if thats how they came out.

Kyoku's Fangirl

Desirable Felis catus

21,925 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
you get my cookie on the base that the eyes would be affordable and not as expensive as some of the other animated things unless they had different colors and change able from desu to non desu in one item.

as such keep the guys in mind for these too....
and animated wink.
Animated blinking for I am critters?

User Image User Image

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
reapersun

Edit:
-Unfortunately making an item that makes your current eyes blink is not possible. It would have to be new styles.

If you do make them in new styles, can you have the eyelids from the blinking ones come in existing skin tones?

Lately I've been having a problem with some of these skin mods where the transparency doesn't show up well on my skin tone, and I feel as though I lose out on creating that effect.

Dangerous Prophet

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pie For All! 300
Eyes that can do more than blink!!!!

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
would it prevent you from equipping eye items?

Blessed Visionary

10,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
As long as there are masculine eyes or eyes that layer right on special bases I'm 100% thrilled for this idea blaugh

Avant-Garde Cupcake

13,050 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
sorry but you are not loyal enough to get my cookies

Vicious Doll

Perhaps if it were made possible to have one eye or the other equipped + animated? Say, in the case of the hollywood starlet hair styles and such, if you could choose to have the left eye equipped and animated, and the right eye unequipped, it'd be sensible. (don't quote me on whether or not left and right are reversed though. xD)

Romantic Mage

16,725 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
Yes

-Cookies-

Youthful Pants

33,975 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Never Give Up 35
  • Cool Competitor 150
Just like any item, if it doesn't layer well... don't use it for that avi. ^^;

I would love to have an animated item like this, as long as it was inexpensive. It's not a full avi effect, after all. Also, multiple styles/colors would be appreciated. Not all round cutesy eyes, but some narrow eyes, sultry eyes, stuff like that.

If someday the avatar system could be overhauled so that it could layer properly, that would be sweet.
my opinion? if you make them to be sold in a gold shop youd make such a big gold sink. It'll please the community to be able to buy them with gold, not at inflated prices like the user set ones in the market place.
reapersun
This thread is to vote for whether you would like animated eyes to be sold in the Cash Shop.

We've considered making animated eye items in the past, since it's pretty much the first idea that comes up when talking about animated items. However, our current system has prevented us from doing so. Currently animated items can only layer in the extreme foreground or extreme background of the avatar; it cannot layer in between other items. This would mean any eyes that we'd make would have to layer above every other equipped item. In many cases it might look acceptable, but in other cases it will overlay items that it shouldn't, and not look very nice at all.

Examples, good and bad:
(HTML code)

We've been unwilling to make them in the past because of this flaw. Unfortunately the system cannot currently be modified to allow for proper layering. If you still feel like you would want to buy items like this despite the flaw, vote up this thread and we'll make it happen!

Edit:
-Unfortunately making an item that makes your current eyes blink is not possible. It would have to be new styles.
-Different styles of eyes and different colors would definitely happen if we did this.
-Different animations would also be a given, and the timing would not be the same as the example (it's short between blinks so you can view the animation quickly; the actual thing would have a much longer pause between movements). Not every pair of eyes would have the desu sparkles emotion_kirakira

You should make everything Animated. That would be awesome.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff