I: Cang Du 0.10481586402266 10.5% [ 37 ]
J: Quilge Opie 0.022662889518414 2.3% [ 8 ]
K: BG9 0.01699716713881 1.7% [ 6 ]
Z: Giselle Gewelle 0.093484419263456 9.3% [ 33 ]
Other 0.39093484419263 39.1% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 353 ]

doc olden
NETORAREMAN
Captain Isshin? Saved by a Quincy woman!? Disgraceful! No wonder he ran away with her.

Serious mode: ... I hope it was an Adjuchas or even a Vastolorde. Maybe it had a special ability that he was weak against. Like a mental ability.

Either way Adjuchas are supposed to be strong enough to fight a Captain alone but I guess we keep forgetting about basic power classifications with things such as Arrancar, Bankai, and Ichigo dulling up any sort of balance. Example: Grand Fisher was an Adjuchas and yeah sure, Isshin was depowered by the time he killed Masaki. Ichigo ruins everything.

Grand Fisher was no adjuchas. An arrancar, yes, but adjuchas? Heck no. If he was, before or after his arrancarization, Isshin would've had more of a hard time killing than he did.

Hmm.

You're right. He was just a Gillian with a cheap trick like Aaronniero. Well, sort of. Aaronniero's trick was even more cheap

Romantic Lunatic

doc olden
3nodding

Come on Son. *She's a mother! Kubo can't have her showing off her goodies. He would never draw a mother with such a body*.

No but seriously, she looked like she was a teenager in this chapter, didn't she? And I'm surprised why no one's asked this yet: Why was her last name already Kurosaki? My guess is that whenever she and Isshin got married the latter's surname was dropped as punishment for essentially doing the unlawful with a Quincy. Well, if anything that's my guess on how they both seemingly lost their powers (given neither could do a damn thing about Grand Fisher), as it'd make more sense for them to lose their power of their seemingly unlawful union than for Isshin to lose his name, unless he was like Kenpachi and just randomly chose one.

Back after training Uryu to regain his powers, Isshin showed up at Ryuken's and was asked "so that's what you're calling yourself now?"

I think he went into hiding and took her name to keep cover. His "maiden" name whee is probably something big in plot.

M a h z a l a

LOL. True. How can I forget! She practically smashed his head onto her chest. XD

Yah. For some reason everything becomes a shipping issue. I avoided Tumblr all day and yesterday becasue theres a stupid lame shipping war going on about Isshin and Masaki's relationship being more similar to either ichihime or ichiruki.

I'm just like:

emotion_drool

Like who cares? Why must you compare ships? They're all unique in their own way. emotion_omnomnom

Anyway, I'm really interested in what kind of person Masaki is instead of wether her personality is like Orihime or Rukia, and probably even see her fight.

And I also thought she looked like a teenager too. XD

And the kidnapping. Kidnapping guarantees a ship. 4laugh

They had a kid. They automatically have a few points on any fan ship (unless there's something Isshin's hiding) Most of my time on Tumblr yesterday was spent messing with my music player.. it broke. gonk

Just from her face so far I see a mix of the two..Flippin serious (Ichigo face) but unless that poster was 'shopped, she's got some cheer going on.
Haha.

Anybody remember those old crack theories people used to share about Isshin -- about what squad he was from and all that. I recall the one where people thought he was a Kenpachi. Now that doesn't seem likely since he just got overpowered by a possible Gillian...

...unless the camera pans out to reveal 99 dead/unconscious Hollow lying around Isshin. emotion_awesome

Generous Explorer

28,800 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
doc olden
NETORAREMAN
With Ukitake sickly and Unohana possibly dead, I just think Shunsui staying as Captain-Commander makes sense. He looks like he'll live for a while. Kenpachi doesn't seem Captain-Commander material.

Thanks for setting the record straight with that, man. I couldn't stand seeing that question here, no more than I could when I saw it on the bleach thread. I mean seriously people, if power was all that it took for a captain to become the captain commander, then there'd still be 4 or 5 other people ahead of Kenpachi for that job.

I always thought, though that Ukitake would make the best one for the job given Unohana had healing and whatnot to do, and Shunsui is often a slacker, wino, and skirt chaser. That and, it'd give Ukitake the perfect reason not to fight given his condition.

yeah, me too- & it seemed like Shunsui tended to follow Ukitake's lead in things, not the other way round (plus Ukitake protecting Shun in his fight against Stark).

Romantic Lunatic

I think during the not so serious times we'll see more of that interaction between them.

Just watched the episode where Wonderweiss sealed Ryujin Jakka's flames..Can't believe I only now saw the similarity to the Quincies stealing Bankai.
Bleach heart
NETORAREMAN
doc olden
NETORAREMAN
Captain Isshin? Saved by a Quincy woman!? Disgraceful! No wonder he ran away with her.

Serious mode: ... I hope it was an Adjuchas or even a Vastolorde. Maybe it had a special ability that he was weak against. Like a mental ability.

Either way Adjuchas are supposed to be strong enough to fight a Captain alone but I guess we keep forgetting about basic power classifications with things such as Arrancar, Bankai, and Ichigo dulling up any sort of balance. Example: Grand Fisher was an Adjuchas and yeah sure, Isshin was depowered by the time he killed Masaki. Ichigo ruins everything.

Grand Fisher was no adjuchas. An arrancar, yes, but adjuchas? Heck no. If he was, before or after his arrancarization, Isshin would've had more of a hard time killing than he did.

Hmm.

You're right. He was just a Gillian with a cheap trick like Aaronniero. Well, sort of. Aaronniero's trick was even more cheap

Come to think of it, he wasn't a Gillian, either. Gillian are the hollow we'd typically call menos grande. If Grand Fisher was a Gillian when he showed up, he would've been too much for Ichigo, Rukia, that anime only shinigami, and even Isshin to handle at that time.
doc olden
NETORAREMAN
doc olden
NETORAREMAN

Hmm.

Come to think of it, he wasn't a Gillian, either. Gillian are the hollow we'd typically call menos grande. If Grand Fisher was a Gillian when he showed up, he would've been too much for Ichigo, Rukia, that anime only shinigami, and even Isshin to handle at that time.

Derp. That's what I get for speed reading. I forgot that it's basically Demi-Hollow > Menos > Gillian > Adjuchas > Vastolorde.
True, but don't forget (normal) hollows, which Grand Fisher was. We don't know if Grand Fisher was a demi-hollow, or even if most hollow become one in the general hollowfication process. I'd be willing to bet, though that the majority of all hollows simply transition from plus to hollow without ever having been "earthbound" in the same manner that distinguishes demi-hollow from normal hollows.

Clean Member

5,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Felt like posting, haven't gone near Gaia in a while. Essay due in the morning and I need a distraction. Em, yay about Ichigo being half-Quincy. Interesting twist, even if it was obvious for the last few chapters and a little bit extremely retarded. And yay about Isshin's background finally being dealt with. Also am I the only one who hadn't even considered he was a Shiba?
Unfavoured Guest
Also am I the only one who hadn't even considered he was a Shiba?

People likely consider that posibility just because of the whole Ichigo/Kaien similarity. It would be amusing if Isshin turns out to be Kukaku's cousin or something.

Clean Member

5,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
NETORAREMAN
Unfavoured Guest
Also am I the only one who hadn't even considered he was a Shiba?

People likely consider that posibility just because of the whole Ichigo/Kaien similarity. It would be amusing if Isshin turns out to be Kukaku's cousin or something.

Not just the Ichigo/Kaien similarity. I see an Isshin/Ganju similarity. Also the Shibas were a noble house in SS until some sort of disgrace to their clan. If Isshin was a Captain the only explanation for him seemingly being wiped from SS records is a disgrace (a Shinigami Captain marrying a Quincy woman could be shameful enough for the Shibas to lose their position as a noble house) or an Aizen-style illuson for a few decades, but let's hope that's not the case. Someone on another forum pointed out to me that between the Pendulum Arc and the present the only Captain unaccounted for is a Shiba Captain that went missing. I haven't checked back through the chapters to verify that but it sounds plausible. Also the reveal that Kurosaki is actually Masaki's maiden name is obviously preparing us to find out Isshin's surname. It all fits together pretty well. The only unbelievable part is that Kubo could plan something this well...

Romantic Lunatic

Another similarity is the household violence. xd
The Isshin Shiba theory = Kubo's Laboon*.

*One Piece.
No way. You're ******** kidding me. First Tobi is Obito in Naruto. Now this.

Aizen sure is a convenient character to have in a manga. He can retgone things away to make things make sense ... which is what he must have done to everybody about the whole Isshin situation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff