G: Liltotto Lamperd 0.045325779036827 4.5% [ 16 ]
H: Bazz-B 0.12464589235127 12.5% [ 44 ]
I: Cang Du 0.10481586402266 10.5% [ 37 ]
J: Quilge Opie 0.022662889518414 2.3% [ 8 ]
K: BG9 0.01699716713881 1.7% [ 6 ]
Z: Giselle Gewelle 0.093484419263456 9.3% [ 33 ]
Other 0.39093484419263 39.1% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 353 ]

With Ukitake sickly and Unohana possibly dead, I just think Shunsui staying as Captain-Commander makes sense. He looks like he'll live for a while. Kenpachi doesn't seem Captain-Commander material.

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
I agree with Rolla in that it wasn't as suspenseful since we were already told that Masaki was a Quincy already by Juha Bach. emotion_zzz

But other than that, it was a nice chapter. I'm just glad that FINALLY Isshin's back story will be revealed now. emotion_dowant

Is it just me, or was the way Ikumi treated Ichigo exactly like Rukia? No seriously? Totally the same style. emotion_awesome

And Ichigo's really got closer with his boss since he's comfortable enough to go to her and take a shower in her house or store and appear in his boxers in front of her. IkumixIchigo anyone? emotion_dealwithit

Distinct Seeker

Who was the person urahara,chad,and orihime were hiding from Ichigo?
IVovacane

Grimmjow.

Distinct Seeker

NET0RAREMAN
IVovacane

Grimmjow.

Ah okay. I was just making sure....*looks for Ulquiorra under my bed* o- o

Romantic Lunatic

M a h z a l a

Is it just me, or was the way Ikumi treated Ichigo exactly like Rukia? No seriously? Totally the same style. emotion_awesome

And Ichigo's really got closer with his boss since he's comfortable enough to go to her and take a shower in her house or store and appear in his boxers in front of her. IkumixIchigo anyone? emotion_dealwithit

Except this time he was hiding out at her place. xd

And you know that pairing was a thing since she was introduced. Everybody. gets. paired. emotion_awesome

Just had this thought based on something someone else said: what if the asauchi don't like him because of the Quincy side.
NETORAREMAN
With Ukitake sickly and Unohana possibly dead, I just think Shunsui staying as Captain-Commander makes sense. He looks like he'll live for a while. Kenpachi doesn't seem Captain-Commander material.

Thanks for setting the record straight with that, man. I couldn't stand seeing that question here, no more than I could when I saw it on the bleach thread. I mean seriously people, if power was all that it took for a captain to become the captain commander, then there'd still be 4 or 5 other people ahead of Kenpachi for that job.

I always thought, though that Ukitake would make the best one for the job given Unohana had healing and whatnot to do, and Shunsui is often a slacker, wino, and skirt chaser. That and, it'd give Ukitake the perfect reason not to fight given his condition.
Let's see here... what can I add for creativity or thought provocation? Oh yeah, absolutely nothing. Well, this is probably the only thing I can add. Now that we see Masaki making her appearance ever since being mentioned WAAAY back in the beginning, it raises the question: do you think Kubo will draw her a well-shaped figure like he does with a good portion of his female characters?

Romantic Lunatic

From what I remember of what he's shown of her before this, he didn't exactly make her a twig.. but she was always in "mommy" clothes so you wouldn't get the impact of the rest of teh cast's wardrobe.
3nodding

Come on Son. *She's a mother! Kubo can't have her showing off her goodies. He would never draw a mother with such a body*.

No but seriously, she looked like she was a teenager in this chapter, didn't she? And I'm surprised why no one's asked this yet: Why was her last name already Kurosaki? My guess is that whenever she and Isshin got married the latter's surname was dropped as punishment for essentially doing the unlawful with a Quincy. Well, if anything that's my guess on how they both seemingly lost their powers (given neither could do a damn thing about Grand Fisher), as it'd make more sense for them to lose their power of their seemingly unlawful union than for Isshin to lose his name, unless he was like Kenpachi and just randomly chose one.

You know I forgot to add this chapter showcased what I don't like about Bleach, aside from the bad writing. I don't mean to stick up for Ichigo, but every time he needs to go through some personal growth to fight the villains at hand his "teachers" and the foes act as though he either doesn't try to do his best in beating the enemy or act as though he knows nothing. Case and point: "you don't know who you are, Ichigo". Isshin must've meant parentally, because it'd be stupid for him to have mastered a weapon that's the manifestation of his soul...

Another example was during the whole Arrancar Arc. I couldn't stand it when Rukia berated Ichigo for failing to protect Orihime, etc. from Yammy and Ulquiorra, even though I know Ichigo's conscious would've done the same. Same thing with that hollow they were fighting at the beginning of the Arrancar arc where she gave him that little pep talk.

Another example is when Ichigo was fighting Kenpachi. Zangetsu called Ichigo out on not fighting alongside him and made him fight his inner hollow. My thoughts were: Zangetsu, do you think he wanted to lose to Kenpachi? or fail to cut Kenpachi, as scary as he was?. To me, Ichigo's masters, save Urahara, blast him too much for essentially failing to do the impossible, or what's deemed the impossible at the moment.

Also, I'd like to know just what kind of hollow Isshin was fighting that he'd have to be saved by Masaki, no offense to her.
Captain Isshin? Saved by a Quincy woman!? Disgraceful! No wonder he ran away with her.

Serious mode: ... I hope it was an Adjuchas or even a Vastolorde. Maybe it had a special ability that he was weak against. Like a mental ability.

Either way Adjuchas are supposed to be strong enough to fight a Captain alone but I guess we keep forgetting about basic power classifications with things such as Arrancar, Bankai, and Ichigo dulling up any sort of balance. Example: Grand Fisher was an Adjuchas and yeah sure, Isshin was depowered by the time he killed Masaki. Ichigo ruins everything.

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PotionsPet
M a h z a l a

Except this time he was hiding out at her place. xd

And you know that pairing was a thing since she was introduced. Everybody. gets. paired. emotion_awesome

Just had this thought based on something someone else said: what if the asauchi don't like him because of the Quincy side.

LOL. True. How can I forget! She practically smashed his head onto her chest. XD

Yah. For some reason everything becomes a shipping issue. I avoided Tumblr all day and yesterday becasue theres a stupid lame shipping war going on about Isshin and Masaki's relationship being more similar to either ichihime or ichiruki.

I'm just like:

emotion_drool

Like who cares? Why must you compare ships? They're all unique in their own way. emotion_omnomnom

Anyway, I'm really interested in what kind of person Masaki is instead of wether her personality is like Orihime or Rukia, and probably even see her fight.

And I also thought she looked like a teenager too. XD

Dapper Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
doc olden
And I'm surprised why no one's asked this yet: Why was her last name already Kurosaki?
Huh... I didn't notice that. Maybe Isshin didn't have a last name? Or maybe he got rid of it when he stopped being a Shinigami to protect his identity?
This isn't the first time a father took his wife's last name. Hoenheim from FMA took the Elric surname. Maybe there's some lore behind the odd tradition.

Though come to think of it, Hoenheim had the problem of not having a surname at all to begin with -- being a slave and all.
NETORAREMAN
Captain Isshin? Saved by a Quincy woman!? Disgraceful! No wonder he ran away with her.

Serious mode: ... I hope it was an Adjuchas or even a Vastolorde. Maybe it had a special ability that he was weak against. Like a mental ability.

Either way Adjuchas are supposed to be strong enough to fight a Captain alone but I guess we keep forgetting about basic power classifications with things such as Arrancar, Bankai, and Ichigo dulling up any sort of balance. Example: Grand Fisher was an Adjuchas and yeah sure, Isshin was depowered by the time he killed Masaki. Ichigo ruins everything.

Grand Fisher was no adjuchas. An arrancar, yes, but adjuchas? Heck no. If he was, before or after his arrancarization, Isshin would've had more of a hard time killing than he did.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff