Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sexy Turtle

Ratttking
British Tourettes
Black Lust Perfume
British Tourettes
I only met one deaf person. He seemed really nice despite being unable to give us directions due to the inability to communicate with one another. I know very little sign language.
Thats sucks! Maybe have paper and pen just in case if you bump into a Deaf person?
I think I'm going to from now on. As long as we speak the same language there should be no problems with communicating through writing.
Except for, you know, that "night" thing when it gets too dark to read (or sign). Better carry a flashlight at all times just in case.
You got that right! Or other way I use, Cell phone typing aka Texting Message. No need to send it, but typing on cell phone then pass it by then let them type something back, then you get phone back to read heh, That what I do. Saves trees xD

Sexy Turtle

British Tourettes
Ratttking
British Tourettes
Black Lust Perfume
British Tourettes
I only met one deaf person. He seemed really nice despite being unable to give us directions due to the inability to communicate with one another. I know very little sign language.
Thats sucks! Maybe have paper and pen just in case if you bump into a Deaf person?
I think I'm going to from now on. As long as we speak the same language there should be no problems with communicating through writing.
Except for, you know, that "night" thing when it gets too dark to read (or sign). Better carry a flashlight at all times just in case.

That one I already do. Never know when you might need it.
Either or use cell phone heh.
Black Lust Perfume
British Tourettes
Ratttking
British Tourettes
Black Lust Perfume
British Tourettes

Either or use cell phone heh.
Cell phones are good for small areas, but for encase we ever have car problems in the most inconvenient place we have a big flashlight too. Trying to change a tire while holding a cell phone would suck.

Sexy Turtle

British Tourettes
Cell phones are good for small areas, but for encase we ever have car problems in the most inconvenient place we have a big flashlight too. Trying to change a tire while holding a cell phone would suck.
Not really, ask if they need help, then put it in pocket to help get tires replaced. Easy haha

Snowball Duck

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Never met one IRL.

My thoughts? I'm shy anyways. I hope my shyness and their deafness wouldn't be a communication barrier. surprised

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
British Tourettes
Ratttking
British Tourettes
Black Lust Perfume
British Tourettes

In that case I recommend a Maglite - great for defense.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Black Lust Perfume
Ratttking
British Tourettes
Black Lust Perfume
British Tourettes
You got that right! Or other way I use, Cell phone typing aka Texting Message. No need to send it, but typing on cell phone then pass it by then let them type something back, then you get phone back to read heh, That what I do. Saves trees xD
That's a great idea. I wouldn't want to give a stranger my #.
I'm becoming deaf.

But there is an upside.

I can hear your thoughts.

Profitable Prophet

I don't think much. It sucks but I mean.. I don't know what to say about them.

I've known one deaf girl in my life, she was an acquaintance of mine and she was dating a friend of mine.
And she was the hugest player ever!
She had like 5 different boyfriends at the same time and played manipulation games. She spoke English perfectly except for a few flaws. Isn't that a bit peculiar? And they had to speak sign language to each other, too. He learned it just for her.

She must be a great manipulator?
confused

Sexy Turtle

blacklightstar
Never met one IRL.

My thoughts? I'm shy anyways. I hope my shyness and their deafness wouldn't be a communication barrier. surprised
It may, it may not. Depends on who you met. Some Deaf are very open mind and easy going. Some are just too rude or closed mind.

Sexy Turtle

Ratttking
Black Lust Perfume
Ratttking
British Tourettes
Black Lust Perfume
British Tourettes
That's a great idea. I wouldn't want to give a stranger my #.
You dont have to give out your number, simple show them the screen and see if she/he need to type something to reply back.

Sexy Turtle

Griff Morivan
I'm becoming deaf.

But there is an upside.

I can hear your thoughts.
Creepy, what am I thinking at this moment?

Sexy Turtle

Valtielle
I don't think much. It sucks but I mean.. I don't know what to say about them.

I've known one deaf girl in my life, she was an acquaintance of mine and she was dating a friend of mine.
And she was the hugest player ever!
She had like 5 different boyfriends at the same time and played manipulation games. She spoke English perfectly except for a few flaws. Isn't that a bit peculiar? And they had to speak sign language to each other, too. He learned it just for her.

She must be a great manipulator?
confused
To be a very honest with you. Deaf can be very player. I found out that they are good at lying. I was once a Player I admit, but once I learn and grow wiser, I changed.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Black Lust Perfume
It may, it may not. Depends on who you met. Some Deaf are very open mind and easy going. Some are just too rude or closed mind.

You just described people in general.

Snowball Duck

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Black Lust Perfume
blacklightstar
Never met one IRL.

Then again, I have met Techs where I do student work that I have had communication problems with because they're impatient and I'm shy. I think you're right in that it really has to do with one's personality the most, and whether they want to actually communicate with you or would rather you not be there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff