Remy is back again....

Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Umbral_Necropolitan
mechwarrior rue
Hi all I am mtf that just started hrt but I need a little help I looking for a gf but the problem is that I am a truck driver. With just start ing hrt what and how bad can my body feel.
What do you mean how bad can your body feels?

I have no clue how to find a lover, I got lucky in the past. If I had I was single again I don't know how I would go about finding someone.

Like how much pain I will expect.

Hallowed Wench

mechwarrior rue
Umbral_Necropolitan
mechwarrior rue
Hi all I am mtf that just started hrt but I need a little help I looking for a gf but the problem is that I am a truck driver. With just start ing hrt what and how bad can my body feel.
What do you mean how bad can your body feels?

I have no clue how to find a lover, I got lucky in the past. If I had I was single again I don't know how I would go about finding someone.

Like how much pain I will expect.
Pain from HRT? Not any unless you hate shots or hit your tits on something while they are coming in.

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
I went to a trans* support group on Monday. It was awesome. It felt so good to be there and I had a sudden burst of confidence while I was there as well. I also met some local trans* people. The only members of the trans* community that I had met in the past were from my university and I'm not a student there anymore so I never see them anymore. I'm not really sure why I posted this. I just wanted to share.

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
Flickering Hope
I went to a trans* support group on Monday. It was awesome. It felt so good to be there and I had a sudden burst of confidence while I was there as well. I also met some local trans* people. The only members of the trans* community that I had met in the past were from my university and I'm not a student there anymore so I never see them anymore. I'm not really sure why I posted this. I just wanted to share.
I'm hoping to get involved in LGBT support groups when my gf and I move at the end of the month. I've been living in what feels like the Detroit of Georgia, so the LGBT scene is almost nonexistent here. There is one advocacy/support group that just started up a month or two ago, so the primary focus is currently the LGB side of things. But there are several groups already up and running in the place we're moving to. Super excited to go somewhere much more politically blue. mrgreen

Adorable Fisher

This should be on the front page.

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
So anybody hear about Leelah Alcorn's death?

Shameless Regular

19,300 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Has anyone seen this? It broke my heart. When I was 15 I attempted suicide because I never thought I could be happy. And now I'm 25, transitioned, getting top surgery in may, have a beautiful fiancé who loves me, and I start college in two weeks. It get's better. And I'm so glad I lived now.
Be safe, everyone!

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
Just moved to Virginia with the gf. We hadn't slept for over 36 hours by the time we collapsed on the floor. Totally slept through New Year's. dramallama
I've recently started coming out as nonbinary. Any suggestions on talking to friends and such about using different pronouns?

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Okay so question: I'm writing a thing about a transgender character who is only just coming to grips with their dysphoria and has not begun to identify as their proper gender (in this case, the character is MtF). So here's the problem: Prior to her realizing she's trans, what pronouns would be appropriate? They're in a sort of...I hesitate to use the word "phase", but where they're like "I don't feel right in my own body, but I don't know why".

Hope I made that clear >.>

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
Silvia Crow
Okay so question: I'm writing a thing about a transgender character who is only just coming to grips with their dysphoria and has not begun to identify as their proper gender (in this case, the character is MtF). So here's the problem: Prior to her realizing she's trans, what pronouns would be appropriate? They're in a sort of...I hesitate to use the word "phase", but where they're like "I don't feel right in my own body, but I don't know why".

I'd say he. There was a big threshold to be crossed for me when I was coming to terms with my identity. I remember the day I finally admitted the right pronouns to myself. I even saved the IM conversation it happened in. Until she's at that point in her life, the pronouns will probably be "he." Maybe a "they" if she feels nebulous enough.

Side note: considering writing a trans character myself, except it'd be WoW fanfic, so she'd be an undead draenei with her brain tossed into a female body. Gonna freak the ******** outta her two sisters. They think big brother has been dead for years now.

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Nitroglycerific Rainbow
Silvia Crow

I'd say he. There was a big threshold to be crossed for me when I was coming to terms with my identity. I remember the day I finally admitted the right pronouns to myself. I even saved the IM conversation it happened in. Until she's at that point in her life, the pronouns will probably be "he." Maybe a "they" if she feels nebulous enough.

Side note: considering writing a trans character myself, except it'd be WoW fanfic, so she'd be an undead draenei with her brain tossed into a female body. Gonna freak the ******** outta her two sisters. They think big brother has been dead for years now.

Thanks for the advice =D Oddly enough the character is for a Harry Potter PbP RP and I kinda want to explore the life of a transgender character in a world where magic exists (edit: Also exploring the implications of starting transition in a school where people know you from your first year there). I'm doing my best to write her as accurately and, well, as respectfully as I can, though there's some issues I've been hitting, like the pronoun conundrum as stated previously and how to actually work the dysphoria. As she doesn't have anyone to talk to about the whole "I don't feel right in my own body" thing, I've just been sorta going with her not understanding why she feels like she does and generally just being confused.

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
Silvia Crow
Nitroglycerific Rainbow
Silvia Crow

Thanks for the advice =D Oddly enough the character is for a Harry Potter PbP RP and I kinda want to explore the life of a transgender character in a world where magic exists (edit: Also exploring the implications of starting transition in a school where people know you from your first year there). I'm doing my best to write her as accurately and, well, as respectfully as I can, though there's some issues I've been hitting, like the pronoun conundrum as stated previously and how to actually work the dysphoria. As she doesn't have anyone to talk to about the whole "I don't feel right in my own body" thing, I've just been sorta going with her not understanding why she feels like she does and generally just being confused.
Perhaps put her in very "masculine" settings or settings where her masculinity would be a focal point, and showing how that makes her feel uncomfortable. Put her in places she shouldn't be, gender-wise; feminine places. Show how she inexplicably feels comfortable in those settings.

Spoopy Kitten

Faux Binary
I've recently started coming out as nonbinary. Any suggestions on talking to friends and such about using different pronouns?

Im very blunt with who i am, when i came out to friends, i just told them straight up. I told them all how ive been exploring my gender and the label (queer) that i settled on to describe my gender. I then told them my preferred name and pronouns. The ones that were cool with me being me, easily went through with what i asked of them. The ones that werent cool with me "changing", i dropped. If they wont accept me as i am, i dont need them as friends

Aged Firestarter

Woah Woah, Check it out. I'm alive and junk.
How fairs you lot?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces