Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
Navi Le Faye
Woah Woah, Check it out. I'm alive and junk.
How fairs you lot?
As well as I can be doing after moving halfway up the eastern seaboard in a U-Haul. My arms are jelly and I'm delirious with exhaustion, but the apartment is GORGEOUS. Bottom level of a 2-story duplex. In the historic district, so it's got a lot of rustic charm. Even overlooks the mountains from the bedroom.

Aged Firestarter

Nitroglycerific Rainbow
As well as I can be doing after moving halfway up the eastern seaboard in a U-Haul. My arms are jelly and I'm delirious with exhaustion, but the apartment is GORGEOUS. Overlooks the mountains from the bedroom.

Why do do dis? Glad you like your new place.
I'll be doing the moving thing myself in the new few months. Rent for my current place is going up 20% above market value. Its probably in response to the minimum wage bump here in Seattle.
Got myself a new job better pay, but dealing with cis-scum coworkers is not fun. I don't use that term loosely either. One of them actually said "Well you're the one with the balls here" in response to me asking them why they abandoned their register just so that I would have to deny the drunk vagrant man alcohol.

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
Navi Le Faye
Nitroglycerific Rainbow
As well as I can be doing after moving halfway up the eastern seaboard in a U-Haul. My arms are jelly and I'm delirious with exhaustion, but the apartment is GORGEOUS. Overlooks the mountains from the bedroom.

Why do do dis? Glad you like your new place.
I'll be doing the moving thing myself in the new few months. Rent for my current place is going up 20% above market value. Its probably in response to the minimum wage bump here in Seattle.
Got myself a new job better pay, but dealing with cis-scum coworkers is not fun. I don't use that term loosely either. One of them actually said "Well you're the one with the balls here" in response to me asking them why they abandoned their register just so that I would have to deny the drunk vagrant man alcohol.

... Oh wow. That's awful. I've been out of proper employment for two years now. Gf and I were living in an economically devastated area of Georgia, so anywhere that was hiring in the first place was auto-transphobic. Fortunately I got my name changed at the end of living there, so I have much higher hopes in this bustling, liberal Virginia city.

Aged Firestarter

Nitroglycerific Rainbow
... Oh wow. That's awful. I've been out of proper employment for two years now. Gf and I were living in an economically devastated area of Georgia, so anywhere that was hiring in the first place was auto-transphobic. Fortunately I got my name changed at the end of living there, so I have much higher hopes in this bustling, liberal Virginia city.

I know the feel, having dealt with living in a small town in TN for most of my life. I recall being rejected from employment for a Walmart, despite their claims of being an equal opportunity employer; What with TN having its own state wide law that actively counters the equal opportunity act due to a technicality.

I've not had much better experiences living in what is largely considered a liberal city. I was fired from Nintendo after 3 years of working there, due to a grievance filed against me with HR by the rehiring manager. She seemed to think that it was perfectly okay for her to out me as Trans to the entire group interview. I calmly stated that I wished to speak to her outside, once outside she screamed at me in front of other employees. Since it was a temp job, I had no reason to file a suit.

I've come to understand that being Trans, especially transgender women, we really need a degree of some sort so as to make ourselves of more use to our employers than we are a burden. In the customer service area in particular, we're always going to be attacked verbally or physically just for being what we are. I've been verbally attacked at my workplace for being trans, simply for not pulling up a receipt fast enough. Doesn't matter how well we pass, when people are angry the first they do is lash out at the cashier's most obvious flaws.

Hopefully that's just my experience. I mean I don't exactly show off my transitioning body or wear highly feminine attire. I'm always in baggy clothing, due to body image issues.

Adorable Fisher

I hardly get spoken to here (usually straight up ignored) but I'm not okay and need...I don't know what I need anymore. My life is falling apart. Most things that could go wrong have gone wrong in the last month, and everybody is expecting me to put on a smiling face.

My new endocrinologist will not let me transition. He threw out everything my former endo and former psychologist said, their letters, everything. He now says that he will not let me transition if I am in his office, because it would "threaten" his practice for him to do so, and will not approve me for surgery even though I finally found two surgeons in my area who are willing to do it and have experience in it. My new therapist is no help, saying he wouldn't write a letter due to his own personal inexperience with "the whole trans thing". My old psychologist is unreachable because he's no longer at that practice and god knows where he is. My old endo moved to a Catholic hospital so she now wants nothing to do with me. My general physician put me into the care of the general physician who refused to treat me in 2013 because I am trans and it clashed with her religion. She called me up a couple days before Christmas to tell me this and I completely lost my words.

Nobody in my life calls me by male pronouns. They treat me like a girl. They don't take me seriously.

No matter what I do, I can not imagine my future living as a woman. I just can not. That sadness.

No words of "its going to get better" "hang in there" "its gonna be okay" "stay strong" "you never know" would help me anymore. I need real help.

I've been now actively trying to transition for six years, spent god knows how much money on this to get no result, spent so much time in doctors' and surgeons' and therapists' offices trying to get permission. Just to have an ax swung down on my dreams time and again. This is the sixth time I've dealt with surgeons. This is the fourth therapist. Second endo. Fourth general physician. Whenever any one of them leaves I have to start all over and I don't understand why but that's been the way it is.

What would you do in my position? Would you keep fighting? Would you be hurting? How could you keep fighting when everybody is telling you that you can't ever be you, and they don't care about you and you have nobody to lean on, and the despair is so bad that you can't live your life because you're so ashamed of yourself?

This is my ninth year being out as a transman, and still nobody acknowledges me as who I am even though I keep reminding them every day. They don't care. They don't give a s**t about me. I've attempted suicide so many times because of this and they don't care. I'm just another number. I told one of my general physicians (four years ago) that the night before I'd seriously contemplated suicide and he immediately called me by my female name and started talking about something else as if nothing had come out of my mouth. They just ignore me, even my cries for help.

The gender therapist who wrote my letter for me even told me that he didn't know what to do in my case. He just said, "Sumi, we are out of options. I don't know why they keep rejecting you. We're doing everything right. I don't know what to do." And we sat in his office in silence utterly defeated. Do you know what that feels like?

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm being crushed all over the place and I'm at square one yet again with my endocrinologist blocking me and my therapist saying no because he's inexperienced and therefore a block as well. My general physician is a block because she actively tried to convince me (screamed at me) that I am a female because that's the way god made me and I can't change that (and when I try to run away from her, everybody tries to make me go back to her like what she did to me is no big deal, and they finally succeeded even though she doesn't want to see me either). The surgeons won't do anything without letters.

I kind of want to take a lot of pain pills and just go to sleep. I'm very upset. But even checking into a mental hospital for ten days wouldn't do a thing. Nobody cares there. The nurses don't, the psychologist certainly doesn't.

On top of it all, these's this debilitating fear of my abuser coming back at any moment. He just got a brand new truck. He's mentally unstable. He's hurt people bad before, hurt me bad before. Almost killed me before. He thinks terrorizing somebody is a game, and that he above the law. And he is, because he gets away with everything.

I can't live this way anymore. Being scared all the time of him, knowing he'd get away with anything he attempts or does to me, hating myself, my body, everything about myself, being treated like a number, nobody ever believing me, blocking me from even living my life as myself.

This is too long to read. Probably nobody read it again, because nobody ever does. I don't get why I try. I guess something in me still wants to live, but there is no life to live here. Its really stupid, useless.
MarigoldMari

Lurker, not reg, but I just wanted you to know I read this and I'm sorry things are so hard. I seem to remember you are also struggling with some physical disabilities (which limits you mobility-wise and financially) so not sure what advice I can give you.

But I'm sorry you have to deal with this, and I hope something good happens soon.

Adorable Fisher

Adversative
MarigoldMari

Thank you for your well wishes. It does mean a lot.

I'm glad you tried to think of some kind of advice, at least. It means something to me that you remember my situation, too.

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
MarigoldMari

I kind of want to take a lot of pain pills and just go to sleep. I'm very upset. But even checking into a mental hospital for ten days wouldn't do a thing. Nobody cares there. The nurses don't, the psychologist certainly doesn't.

On top of it all, these's this debilitating fear of my abuser coming back at any moment. He just got a brand new truck. He's mentally unstable. He's hurt people bad before, hurt me bad before. Almost killed me before. He thinks terrorizing somebody is a game, and that he above the law. And he is, because he gets away with everything.

I can't live this way anymore. Being scared all the time of him, knowing he'd get away with anything he attempts or does to me, hating myself, my body, everything about myself, being treated like a number, nobody ever believing me, blocking me from even living my life as myself.

This is too long to read. Probably nobody read it again, because nobody ever does. I don't get why I try. I guess something in me still wants to live, but there is no life to live here. Its really stupid, useless.

I can definitely relate to this bottom half. I've been hopelessly addicted to pain pills and I can't quit because of my chronic pains down there. (The docs have suspected it's endometriosis which honestly gives me all the more reason to hate having a v****a.) And I just got out of my third abusive situation. Third. It was a friendship, like the last one. He was too possessive of me and would freak out and cut himself if I even dare interacted with someone that wasn't him while he was online. I couldn't stand it. He circumvented his blocks I had on him to spam and harass me to the point where I had to turn off my inbox on Tumblr. He has a lot of dirt on me that I'm perpetually afraid he'll use on me, which sucks a**.

I wish I could give you advice or something, but all I can give you is a sentiment of "I know how you feel."

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
MarigoldMari

Well as s**t as I feel that I cannot offer advice for your situation as a whole beyond "******** those ******** ********, get angry", I feel that I can offer advice on how to deal with your abuser.

Two options, both kinda dependent on where you live, and one of those two is also determined by your physical capability (As I understand you have some pre-existing physical disabilities).

1) Krav Maga. I jokingly refer to it as "Jew-Jitsu" but it's essentially Israli Self-Defence training. Things like "how to break out of a choke from the front and put the hurt on the person" for entry level stuff, how to disarm armed attackers and general self-defense techniques. On top of the practical applications, it's pretty good exercise. The downsides though is that where you live may not have a place that offers Krav classes, and it's pretty physically intensive.

2) Dependent on where you live (I'm assuming somewhere in the United States), you may want to look into concealed carry classes. It's about an eight or twelve hour class and gets you legally certified to carry a concealed firearm and how to properly care for and use one (and what your legal limits are for using one, among other things). If this guy is as bad and as bit a threat as you make him sound (and I don't doubt it) you might want to look into this if it's an option for your state.

Just my opinion on this, but these options (or even ones similar to them) might go a good way in helping with feelings of agency as a person. Like "s**t's spiraling out of control, but I have control of this. I have control of this, and ******** anyone that says otherwise".

Just, ya know, my 2 cents sweatdrop

Adorable Fisher

Silvia Crow

Unfortunately neither of those would work as he is a military man and my state doesn't allow concealed weapons. But thank you very much for caring. The martial arts sounded interesting in particular.
MarigoldMari
I hardly get spoken to here (usually straight up ignored) but I'm not okay and need...I don't know what I need anymore. My life is falling apart. Most things that could go wrong have gone wrong in the last month, and everybody is expecting me to put on a smiling face.

My new endocrinologist will not let me transition. He threw out everything my former endo and former psychologist said, their letters, everything. He now says that he will not let me transition if I am in his office, because it would "threaten" his practice for him to do so, and will not approve me for surgery even though I finally found two surgeons in my area who are willing to do it and have experience in it. My new therapist is no help, saying he wouldn't write a letter due to his own personal inexperience with "the whole trans thing". My old psychologist is unreachable because he's no longer at that practice and god knows where he is. My old endo moved to a Catholic hospital so she now wants nothing to do with me. My general physician put me into the care of the general physician who refused to treat me in 2013 because I am trans and it clashed with her religion. She called me up a couple days before Christmas to tell me this and I completely lost my words.

Nobody in my life calls me by male pronouns. They treat me like a girl. They don't take me seriously.

No matter what I do, I can not imagine my future living as a woman. I just can not. That sadness.

No words of "its going to get better" "hang in there" "its gonna be okay" "stay strong" "you never know" would help me anymore. I need real help.

I've been now actively trying to transition for six years, spent god knows how much money on this to get no result, spent so much time in doctors' and surgeons' and therapists' offices trying to get permission. Just to have an ax swung down on my dreams time and again. This is the sixth time I've dealt with surgeons. This is the fourth therapist. Second endo. Fourth general physician. Whenever any one of them leaves I have to start all over and I don't understand why but that's been the way it is.

What would you do in my position? Would you keep fighting? Would you be hurting? How could you keep fighting when everybody is telling you that you can't ever be you, and they don't care about you and you have nobody to lean on, and the despair is so bad that you can't live your life because you're so ashamed of yourself?

This is my ninth year being out as a transman, and still nobody acknowledges me as who I am even though I keep reminding them every day. They don't care. They don't give a s**t about me. I've attempted suicide so many times because of this and they don't care. I'm just another number. I told one of my general physicians (four years ago) that the night before I'd seriously contemplated suicide and he immediately called me by my female name and started talking about something else as if nothing had come out of my mouth. They just ignore me, even my cries for help.

The gender therapist who wrote my letter for me even told me that he didn't know what to do in my case. He just said, "Sumi, we are out of options. I don't know why they keep rejecting you. We're doing everything right. I don't know what to do." And we sat in his office in silence utterly defeated. Do you know what that feels like?

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm being crushed all over the place and I'm at square one yet again with my endocrinologist blocking me and my therapist saying no because he's inexperienced and therefore a block as well. My general physician is a block because she actively tried to convince me (screamed at me) that I am a female because that's the way god made me and I can't change that (and when I try to run away from her, everybody tries to make me go back to her like what she did to me is no big deal, and they finally succeeded even though she doesn't want to see me either). The surgeons won't do anything without letters.

i just wanted you to know that i did read this. I am terribly sorry to hear that things are so hard for you at this time. i have been transitioning for 4 years now, and no one in my family even attempts to call me by male pronouns or anything. my girlfriend of 8 years just recently (like passed month) started using male pronouns, but that's normally only in texts...so i do understand how it feels to be absolutely hopeless. i live in a tiny town where no one even has the slightest idea of what transgender even means let alone willing to help go further in my transition. But you have to be willing to fight for yourself. you simply have to. this goes towards the abusive relationship stuff too. some way some how, if someone is trying to hurt you, you have to stop them. no matter the means. you're stronger and worth so much more that you could ever imagine. I hope one day you truly see and understand this.

Adorable Fisher

disaster-in-waiting

i just wanted you to know that i did read this. I am terribly sorry to hear that things are so hard for you at this time. i have been transitioning for 4 years now, and no one in my family even attempts to call me by male pronouns or anything. my girlfriend of 8 years just recently (like passed month) started using male pronouns, but that's normally only in texts...so i do understand how it feels to be absolutely hopeless. i live in a tiny town where no one even has the slightest idea of what transgender even means let alone willing to help go further in my transition. But you have to be willing to fight for yourself. you simply have to. this goes towards the abusive relationship stuff too. some way some how, if someone is trying to hurt you, you have to stop them. no matter the means. you're stronger and worth so much more that you could ever imagine. I hope one day you truly see and understand this.

I'm sorry your family doesn't even try to acknowledge who you are. But I'm glad they're still there. At least your girlfriend is getting somewhere with acknowledging you, and seems like some day she'll come around. Its baby steps, you know? Sounds like you've got some fight in you. My fight is being drained, but I did contact my former gender therapist's office and there's trans group therapy on Thursday so I'll go there and try to find resources. I'm slowly getting on my feet, I suppose... And I should note, that my abuser is not from a past relationship. Its my older brother. I can't stop him.
MarigoldMari
disaster-in-waiting

I'm sorry your family doesn't even try to acknowledge who you are. But I'm glad they're still there. At least your girlfriend is getting somewhere with acknowledging you, and seems like some day she'll come around. Its baby steps, you know? Sounds like you've got some fight in you. My fight is being drained, but I did contact my former gender therapist's office and there's trans group therapy on Thursday so I'll go there and try to find resources. I'm slowly getting on my feet, I suppose... And I should note, that my abuser is not from a past relationship. Its my older brother. I can't stop him.

trans or not. you have to have fight in you to exist in this world.

Adorable Fisher

disaster-in-waiting
MarigoldMari
disaster-in-waiting

trans or not. you have to have fight in you to exist in this world.
Very true.
MarigoldMari

Unfortunately as far as surgeries, meds, and therapists go, I have no advice on that really or even know that much about the process to help you find some type of way to get it going. And I'm not good at advice really, (honestly this is kind of a dumb reply and I apologize for that in advanced) but I just wanted you to know that personally coming from some one head banging confused and irritated about their gender, been frequently abused and ignored by my peers about such "taboo" topics, and on and off suicidal thoughts since as early as I can remember, I am here if you need someone to talk to. I know, heard that one before. As have I. But honestly I'm not here to tell you how I "know how you feel" because I don't. I am not you nor can I say anything about your life as if I do know. But you need someone to pm when you're feeling angry, or pretend I am someone else and you just want to write the biggest hate letter ever without a response please do not hesitate to do so. A friend use to help me out this way. I would write to her as if she were my journal, I did not want a response because I didn't want advice, just to get my voice heard. So knowing my words counted some where and someone was reading them, made me feel a bit better at the same time feeling like I was writing alone. If that makes any sense. As for whatever small type of advice, (well, more like suggestions or questions ) is there any way you could escape your stalker? Will the police.other authority, or any family member or anyone could or would do anything to help the situation? There has got to be some way for you to escape him, or send him away. Also, are you yourself happy with where you are? Someone I once knew ended up moving to a completely different state to start off new, she had a really hard time living in Texas and just needed to go somewhere where she felt like she didn't have to pretend (mtf). I am not a regular in this thread I actually just discovered it, hoping to find some type of well, not answers I guess, but some type of feeling of...for lack of a better word.."okayness". Anyways, sorry about this rabble. Like I said, if you need someone to listen or whatever, count me in.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff